Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
speaking of which the most recent of Knowledge Fight demonstrates that Dan is, in Jordan's words, a witch

he was flipping through old, uncovered Alex Jones episodes looking for a fun one to cover as an extra episode, and went "oh, this one has Steve Pieczenik, there's only so boring this one could be"

turns out it was during the Obama Ebola Crisis and Alex Jones was saying some things that are literally the opposite of what he's saying now, and some things that are identical to what he's saying now, and Steve talks about how Anthony Fauci should basically become unelected dictator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I did my fight under doctor supervision lol.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There is a charge of hypocrisy to be laid at the feet of Jones and Trump for what they called for in response to Ebola and Covid, but that charge would not hold, because they would reply that they would have done the same thing in both scenarios: bar non-whites from entering the country. Which would "work" against a virus that doesn't transmit asymptomatically. But when your actual vector of entry was white wealthy european tourists entering from Italy, such a response was not possible, because the Mammon-worshipers who run the Republican party and fund Jones with dark money would never allow the proper rational response to cloud their profits.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I thought we were past levelling charges of hypocrisy at the right? Like pointing out hypocrisy only works if your opponents care about you and your audience's opinion. The GOP is perfectly content to be reviled outside of their own media ecosystem. Why would they care what a bunch of blood drinking pedophiles and antifa guerilla super soldiers think of them?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I thought we were past levelling charges of hypocrisy at the right? Like pointing out hypocrisy only works if your opponents care about you and your audience's opinion. The GOP is perfectly content to be reviled outside of their own media ecosystem. Why would they care what a bunch of blood drinking pedophiles and antifa guerilla super soldiers think of them?

They actually want the left to be outraged. I think they are sometimes deliberately hypocritical. I dunno if you remember the 456125879867321 years during which Trump was president, but one of the most common reasons that supporters gave for supporting him was "he makes the people we don't like mad".

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

March 4th is gonna be weird and wild time to be online. Hopefully nothing too insane happens.

But man the CEO of Goya went onstage at CPAC and gave that theory a lot of airtime

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

They actually want the left to be outraged. I think they are sometimes deliberately hypocritical. I dunno if you remember the 456125879867321 years during which Trump was president, but one of the most common reasons that supporters gave for supporting him was "he makes the people we don't like mad".

That’s exactly it. Kinda like shock and awe campaign.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

March 4th is gonna be weird and wild time to be online. Hopefully nothing too insane happens.

But man the CEO of Goya went onstage at CPAC and gave that theory a lot of airtime

Nah, as it approaches the Qult will bang on about it then it'll come and go and they'll just shift to some new date like every other time their deeply insane neo-Nazi mass murder fantasy didn't happen.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

ehh. some might but i am already seeing them(even during cpac) push it to the 20th.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I still contend Trump is incapable of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy implies some values that one is betraying. Trump values nothing but his own enrichment.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Here's to hoping Qanon splinters and fights among itself in the days following March 4th and 20th.
(you think that could happen?)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Grouchio posted:

Here's to hoping Qanon splinters and fights among itself in the days following March 4th and 20th.

i think it's been a non-stop internal struggle for some time, like most religions. The core beliefs don't really change, Trump is some kind of hero, democrats/elites are pedophiles, conspiracy, Christianity. The actual specific interpretations of Q-drops and the Apocrypha are endless quarrels though.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Lammasu posted:

I still contend Trump is incapable of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy implies some values that one is betraying. Trump values nothing but his own enrichment.

I don't think hypocrisy needs to imply betraying one's actual internal values. I think he might very well understand when he judges two equal* things differently based on the gain to himself, he just thinks everyone else does it too and you're a sucker if you don't.

* theoretically equal per the definition, but in practice it's more like an invented Democrat crime is judged as terrible but when it's discovered to be a Republican lie, and perhaps some Republicans are caught doing something worse for good measure, that's fine.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Grouchio posted:

I think anyone expecting a major split is gonna be disappointed. Its going to be a continuously dwindling population of true believers telling each other to trust the plan as more shave off.

I think QAnon is unique in that like pseudoanonymous said its not a very consistant belief system. Other than Trump being some sort of paladin against the pedo elite (Democrats) theres not a lot tying these people together. Some of it is christian evangelicals thinking Trump was sent by God, while others are staunch atheists. Some are travelers saying Trump has met aliens and is waiting to introduce them so we can begin the age of aquarius. There's a lot of weird diversity and rather than split these people just kind of talk past each other. I rarely see QAnon groups fight one another despite contradicting beliefs.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 3, 2021

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The only common denominator is they loving love Donald Trump.

Now that begs the question, do they love Donald Trump first, then go QAnon? Or do they start believing the Democrats are satanist pedophiles, and then fall in love with Donald Trump. The evangelicals can easily fall into the former category. But the latter... it's easy to detest the Democrats and the corporate donor class they service, but it's a difficult step to think that Donald Trump and the Republicans aren't also demon-worshipping pedophiles, and that he's actually the Messiah.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Now that begs the question, do they love Donald Trump first, then go QAnon? Or do they start believing the Democrats are satanist pedophiles, and then fall in love with Donald Trump. The evangelicals can easily fall into the former category. But the latter... it's easy to detest the Democrats and the corporate donor class they service, but it's a difficult step to think that Donald Trump and the Republicans aren't also demon-worshipping pedophiles, and that he's actually the Messiah.

A lot of them seem like low-information “undecided” voters who don’t know much about trump or how government works but like his presentational style and get frustrated that people don’t seems to be giving him what they consider a fair chance.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Phobophilia posted:

it seems mainly dependent on what your entry point to Qanon was

for example, the people who’ve been on board since day 1 because they were already on board with the “spirit cooking”/Pizzagate stuff are uniformly Trump true believers; the second big wave came in through the “lowercase q” or “lavender Q” recruiters in “natural health” communities who presented it as primarily an apolitical, international grassroots campaign to ending human trafficking and sex slavery, so it attracted people who considered themselves “independent” or had no particular political allegiances

it feels like there’s roughly two big strains of “Qanon thought”: the former group, focused on the “sealed indictments” and The Storm, and the latter group, focused on the accusations of child abuse

then you get the real oddball strains like the synergy of Qanon and the Pleiadean Star Cluster people or the woman who channels the spirit of “Ramtha”, where it’s not clear at all how much they actually love Trump and how much of it is them trying to latch onto a bigger community to proclaim their relevance, increase their visibility and solicit more donations

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 3, 2021

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Grouchio posted:

What's the 20th? I remember that the 4th is the day Trump assumes the throne as GEOTUS and all that, but don't recall hearing about the 20th.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They'll just keep moving the date back like every cult has since forever

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

What's the 20th? I remember that the 4th is the day Trump assumes the throne as GEOTUS and all that, but don't recall hearing about the 20th.

Trump will :420: on 4/20.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

Mercury_Storm posted:

They'll just keep moving the date back like every cult has since forever

All I'm asking is for you to think for yourself and decide what's more unlikely. That there isn't an ancient order of moloch worshipping jewish bankers who have been controlling the world and who had turned the united states into a corporation after it went bankrupt after the war of 1812 and are busty enacting the next step of their world dominance plans by injecting mind controlling nanites into the sheeple populace under the guise of it being a vaccine (made by babies harvested first for their delicious adrenochrome) for a completely fake virus that they made up? Or that Donald Trump isn't president?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
what's the day that biden gets his first paycheck? something about him cashing it was all the proof they need to bring the hammer down

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

what's the day that biden gets his first paycheck? something about him cashing it was all the proof they need to bring the hammer down

That's bullshit on the face of it. Nothing bad ever happens right after you get paid. The bad poo poo happens two days before you get paid again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looks like the House just cancelled its votes for tomorrow due to a credible bomb threat or something.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

IPlayVideoGames posted:

That there isn't an ancient order of moloch worshipping jewish bankers who have been controlling the world and who had turned the united states into a corporation after it went bankrupt after the war of 1812 and are busty enacting the next step of their world dominance plans by injecting mind controlling nanites into the sheeple populace under the guise of it being a vaccine

I don't usually bust people for typos but this made me LOL

All QAnoners want is a big tiddy Rotheschild girlfriend

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

Xand_Man posted:

I don't usually bust people for typos but this made me LOL

All QAnoners want is a big tiddy Rotheschild girlfriend

That was probably the most true thing I've ever accidentally typed

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I just now realized that these fucks have been talking about how it's gonna pop off any day now for so long that I've managed to move 3 times.

When you think about in years it might not seem like as much, but I've had to rent a Uhaul 3 times while these fuckers were still talking about The Storm.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I just now realized that these fucks have been talking about how it's gonna pop off any day now for so long that I've managed to move 3 times.

When you think about in years it might not seem like as much, but I've had to rent a Uhaul 3 times while these fuckers were still talking about The Storm.

pretty much. i think the 6th and charlottesville were the big attempts for the right to have "Their momenet" and both blew up badly for them. if some rear end in a top hat takes a shot at a senator or something tomorrow, it will gently caress them even harder.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. i think the 6th and charlottesville were the big attempts for the right to have "Their momenet" and both blew up badly for them. if some rear end in a top hat takes a shot at a senator or something tomorrow, it will gently caress them even harder.

They don't learn anything from those moments because they just pretend all the failed revolutionaries and instigators were mentally ill/secret antifa trying to discredit the movement. This could very easily continue ad infinitum until the last qultist is in prison or dead from a hail of gunfire

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

DarklyDreaming posted:

They don't learn anything from those moments because they just pretend all the failed revolutionaries and instigators were mentally ill/secret antifa trying to discredit the movement. This could very easily continue ad infinitum until the last qultist is in prison or dead from a hail of gunfire

O c'mon. You know the actual last Q person is going to die from a malfunctioning CPAP.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I want them to jump to the jonestown portion already. I'm sick of my family being endangered by simply existing as Asian American citizens.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

I reckon some of y'all might be as far down the rabbit hole as I am on this, so in case anyone's interested my mom linked me this video of two of her new age spiritual gurus processing the infiltration and effects of QAnon on their community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXNSxhwTEq4

It's actually a more lucid discussion of the realities of Q than I expected given the source. It's kinda trippy seeing older new age folks talk about LARPing and 4chan, and citing Vice and Axios alongside This Lady Who Channels Multitudes as evidence that Russia and Michael Flynn were behind it all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1367495714968920069?s=20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any suspicious activity down at the capitol so far?

You love to see it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This is a good legal strategy, I hope he keeps going

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

When was the last time Q (or the Q-pretenders) posted anything? Are the qultists getting new content to keep them engaged, or are they stuck digging through the back catalog?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Judges are famous for enjoying being yelled at and belittled.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Euphoriaphone posted:

When was the last time Q (or the Q-pretenders) posted anything? Are the qultists getting new content to keep them engaged, or are they stuck digging through the back catalog?

Like, the day after the inauguration and it was "Q is the friends we made along the way" poo poo.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There will not be any future Q drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Like, the day after the inauguration and it was "Q is the friends we made along the way" poo poo.

Was that actually posted "as" Q? I thought that statement was explicitly from Jim Watkins as he skedaddled away from his creation.