Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
You just know these fuckers bought rental property they couldn't afford and need rent to be ridiculous to pay their own mortgage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Jaxyon posted:

You just know these fuckers bought rental property they couldn't afford and need rent to be ridiculous to pay their own mortgage.

i mean, yeah, that's always how it works. the tenants pay for everything, including the mortgage

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Just popping in to say according to Slickdeals thread the Winix C545 Air Purifier will be on sale again at Costco starting on 3/10 for ~$100. Same deal basically:
https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

These come with 2 years worth of filters ($70 retail) so if you're thinking wildfire season might be bad again this year then it may be worth picking a couple of these up.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Subbing in person as of today. Children’s shop talk these days? Adolf Hitler and Karen-types who don’t wear masks

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FCKGW posted:

These come with 2 years worth of filters ($70 retail) so if you're thinking wildfire season might be bad again this year then it may be worth picking a couple of these up.

Given our state's track record the fires will probably be bad again. I'll try to remember to quote that deal post again once they go on sale in 9 days.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Last year we got a ton of rain in the winter months that led to a bunch of extra vegetation that had dried up and formed into perfect kindling come fire season, but this year at least in the Bay Area we got gently caress all rain. Not that drought conditions are a good thing either, but hopefully there's just less to burn this year.

That said we had a couple days here where it almost touched 80 degrees in like mid-February, so summer is going to suck.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My parents are good landlords because they only rent their rental house to family members, and rent is only the cost of the mortgage, $650 a month.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

DoomTrainPhD posted:

My parents are good landlords because they only rent their rental house to family members, and rent is only the cost of the mortgage, $650 a month.

This is bait

The parents in this thought exercise exploit their family because they aren't sharing the accumulation of capital with the people paying off the mortgage.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

love to pay off a mortgage and then not get a house at the end of it

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

adoration for none posted:

Has anyone been able to lower their rent? Thinking about it living in the Bay area, it's a straight scam that my landlord charges me the same amount for rent that they were charging me a year ago. I'm aware some people have moved out to avoid paying the rent altogether but I'm curious if I could negotiate lower rent - maybe that would require a tenant union.

Our complex lowered our rent by $600 dollars or so and gave us a month free without even being asked. It was pretty awesome.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
why not simply negotiate lower rent by saying, "we will move out if you don't lower the rent"

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Just moved out of my unit and my landlady told me as she gave me back my deposit that the only people left in my building are olds who’ve lived in their units for like twenty years and she’s considering selling the building (and presumably Ellis evicting everyone).

Rents ought to be much lower across the board, I just think most landlords have gotten so used to the 2010s gravy train that it’s super painful for them when number finally goes down.

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
any rent > $0 is the landowning gentry exploiting the proletariat

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Evil Robot posted:

any rent > $0 is the landowning gentry exploiting the proletariat

bUt SoMe PeOpLe PrEfEr ReNtInG

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
https://dsa-la.org/endorsements/daniellee/

State level M4A losing out in today's senate special election betwen two dems in one of the most poorer/minority parts of LA.

Kamlager is running away with it at this point and spent a ton on ads.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1367237830510923776

lmao

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I'm on the vaccine priority list and it took me a week of logging onto the various websites at 4:00 in the morning to secure a vaccine appointment so gonna say, yeah we'll totally be ready to open everything back up in a month.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Angels fan will be able to keep their distance by virtue of there being so few of them in the stadium :roflolmao:

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
I actually feel less safe now than I did a month ago. Now I'm worried everyone else is going to throw caution to the wind and spray me with their virus laden droplets because "Governor opened her up, vaccines!, I'm tired of this, it's summer!"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I for one look forward to Newsom being recalled and replaced with Governor Oppenrup (R)

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Disney have any plans to make sure people have a "V Card" to be allowed to enter? Or is that just too hard?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Is there even a universal piece of evidence being given at all vaccination sites to the recipient?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

droll posted:

Is there even a universal piece of evidence being given at all vaccination sites to the recipient?

Nothing I couldn't easily replicate with $5.00 and a ball-point pen. Mine was documented on a Rite-Aid brand vaccination booklet, and that's it.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
This is not going to go well. Chuds will screech without a mask that they're vaccinated so it doesn't matter any more, and idiots are going to forge things to prove they can do idiotic poo poo. Good job, Gavin and Biden.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Don't worry Disney is going to partner with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to give employees at the gates the proper scanning equipment to see if you have the control microchip from the vaccine embedded in your body or not.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, you can buy a 5G detector on Amazon I think.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

droll posted:

my parents got an Official CDC Vaccination Card

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

droll posted:

Bills Gatesian mark of the beast.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

droll posted:

I actually feel less safe now than I did a month ago. Now I'm worried everyone else is going to throw caution to the wind and spray me with their virus laden droplets because "Governor opened her up, vaccines!, I'm tired of this, it's summer!"

this is exactly what's already happening, yes

we are too dumb to live

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Class Warcraft posted:

I'm on the vaccine priority list and it took me a week of logging onto the various websites at 4:00 in the morning to secure a vaccine appointment so gonna say, yeah we'll totally be ready to open everything back up in a month.

I managed to snatch up an appointment for my first shot this Wednesday but the office emailed me the night before basically saying "oops! the county didn't come through with the doses, we have to reschedule"

So yeah it's gonna be a great time

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I managed to get an appointment on Feb 8th at the buttcrack of the morning trudged all the way out to the fairgrounds in the mud and rain (I don't own a car) then the guy said sorry we're only doing *partial* 1b right now and was turned away. Afterwards, found out that on that day 4000 people "didn't show up" so they had excess shots.

Since they announced 1b was fully open I've been checking every day, they put up appointments until the 5th about a week ago now that's tomorrow and they still haven't announced anything past that.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

TheMopeSquad posted:

Afterwards, found out that on that day 4000 people "didn't show up" so they had excess shots.

californians perpetuating a pandemic through sheer flakiness

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
It's OK though, because you can't even get on the standby list without credentials, so none of those shots went to hoi polloi. Working as intended, wontfix.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I know people who identify as street medics without any credentials or anything else to qualify who got vaccinated just by saying they were. Comes down to who’s doing intake I guess

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah I made the mistake of telling them what my actual job was. I've heard people get shots for saying they're "caregivers" because they take care of their aging parents.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Theyre correct, and they're almost assuredly doing that work for free.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Yeah if they take care of their elderly parents that sounds like a good reason to me

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I showed up an entire appointment window's worth of time before my appointment and walked right in with nobody asking me more than "you here for shot 1 or 2?". I bet a little chutzpah could get shots for a lot of people who aren't on the approved lists right now.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I wonder if I’ll ever get the vaccine or if the tides of austerity will cut the subsidies and hand it over to the whims of the market before my number is called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got my first shot in Rialto. Then I picked up a Microsoft Surface 7 Pro tablet on a seemingly random whim.