Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Seriously Ordeith, chill. I have absolutely no intention of slap fighting online.

That being said: gently caress the rich always and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

hakimashou posted:

He is gonna get the IRA to blow up the whole royal family while he is safe in America and come back and be king imo.

fun fact

you only have to bump off 80 people before britain and canada become part of norway (technically australia too, but you can gift that to finland or something)

everything's coming up haakon

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have little sympathy for either side but it`s good that all this family drama is being let out to air as it will discredit the monarchy one way or the other.

Ordeith
Oct 26, 2002

If I troll again, I will eat Hello Kitty's brains with a spork

Zombiepop posted:

Seriously Ordeith, chill.

Seems like you might want to take your own advice:

Zombiepop posted:

That being said: gently caress the rich always and forever.

For being so dismissive as to dismiss someone's suicidal thoughts, or experience of racism, because 'rich' or 'status'. Your posts reek of hatred and bitterness here, so: chill yourself.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That part where Oprah sat up and deftly penetrated Harry's tear duct with an ice pick and rendered him brain damage was insane
!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ordeith posted:

For being so dismissive as to dismiss someone's suicidal thoughts, or experience of racism, because 'rich' or 'status'. Your posts reek of hatred and bitterness here, so: chill yourself.

Anthony Bourdaine is probably a poor example to use, given his likely cause of death (AEA), and the fact that you're over-reacting more than a little.
It seems certain that you have experience with suicide via depression regardless of life circumstances in one form or the other, but this is a GBS thread dunking on a bizarre interview on a pop show, not a full blown critique of mental wellness of those at risk for suicide. It's ok.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Baudolino posted:

I have little sympathy for either side but it`s good that all this family drama is being let out to air as it will discredit the monarchy one way or the other.

:hmmyes:

Monarchies existing is just an older example of human beings being irredeemably dumb as opposed to now where you can just gesture wildly at everything.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Won't discredit anything, royalists response to Prince Andrew being a pedophile was that they felt sorry for the Queen at Christmas time.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Prince Philip, looking at 2 white people:
“Hmm yes have you considered if your baby gets too much sun it may resemble a quadroon?”

Edit: I think the monarchy is kind of a good thing because BoJo is less pompous and dumb than Trump. Nobody calls him their god emperor because that position is already taken. So it helps create an upper limit on hubris maybe?

teardrop fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 8, 2021

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Just look at these loving weirdos

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1368971508022968323?s=19

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm pretty sure Meghan Markle does not identify as "white," bring biracial, so let's not reduce that?

dk2m
May 6, 2009
the exactly same royal family that was around when their empire threw my grandfather into prison for protesting to get equal rights and thought that my people are only “creative” thinkers that aren’t capable of rational thought is racist, holy poo poo!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hopefully this is a wakeup call to the roughly 60 million Americans who were hoping January 6th 2021 was gonna usher in a royal family that's even more inbred, racist, and dumb than the British one.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Real talk: like 99% of Meghan’s grievances boil down to her being a real dumbdumb who admitted that she didn’t do any research into how the monarchy works, and has a fundamental misunderstanding of how the hierarchy works.

The claim that the palace wouldn’t give her mental healthcare is real fishy considering the other princes have all been very public about being in therapy themselves and do a poo poo ton of work with mental health charities.

The racism stuff is definitely legit tho

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Imagine still having royals and publicly subsidizing their lifestyles 300+ years past the age of enlightenment, when they aren't even involved in any of the work of governing anymore. loving lmao. The british royal family have pulled off one of the most epic scams of all time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I would trade my daily struggles for Meghan & Harry's struggles.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

More royal facts for royal fun:

- Edward II probably did not die from having a red-hot poker shoved up his rear end.
- James I headed a cabal of fawning gay followers who all constantly competed for his favors. Where do you think Anne learned that trick?
- Nell Gwynne was the best of Charles II's mistresses and that is a fact. That's why it's on this list.
- Kevin Costner wrote a sequel to The Bodyguard that was supposed to star Princess Diana as herself. there was going to be a love scene. Diana was on board before she died.
- Mary, Queen of Scots probably faked her own rape in order to be allowed to marry her lover after they exploded her husband
- Eleanor of Aquitaine survived two Crusades, being locked in a tower for decades, both her husbands, and most of her children.
- The Other Boleyn Girl is real bad!
- Sir Walter Raleigh got sent to the Tower for poisoning the court with potatoes. See, he forgot to mention to the cooks that you don't eat the green part.

what trick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm pretty sure Meghan Markle does not identify as "white," bring biracial, so let's not reduce that?

Seems like a good defense against british racism, let's roll with that, 'eh?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

The British died

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They have hosed several colonies right in their asses and mouths

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Big fan of the style of goon whose primary, indeed sole approach to any argument online is to figure out what institution or social ill they can accuse their opponent of DEFENDING

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

They have hosed several colonies right in their asses and mouths

They died because of this

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Pump Jockey posted:

Real talk: like 99% of Meghan’s grievances boil down to her being a real dumbdumb who admitted that she didn’t do any research into how the monarchy works, and has a fundamental misunderstanding of how the hierarchy works.

The claim that the palace wouldn’t give her mental healthcare is real fishy considering the other princes have all been very public about being in therapy themselves and do a poo poo ton of work with mental health charities.

I don’t know, I could see the royal family filled with racists, pedophiles, and nazis gaslighting and being fucks to a non British person of colour coming into the ranks, just me though not speaking for everyone

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I'm not British but I do absolutely adore the term "gammon" as an insult. Someone said they had "gammony" cousins a few pages ago and it was just delightful to read.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm not British but I do absolutely adore the term "gammon" as an insult. Someone said they had "gammony" cousins a few pages ago and it was just delightful to read.

That's strictly an online thing afaik. I've never heard anyone use it irl.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Big Beef City posted:

Literally what the gently caress are you talking about? I was responding to this rather hosed-up statement:

teardrop posted:

Prince Philip, looking at 2 white people:
“Hmm yes have you considered if your baby gets too much sun it may resemble a quadroon?”

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Batterypowered7 posted:

I killed him in Orgrimmar a lot

naem
May 29, 2011

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Pump Jockey posted:

I'm not having a hard time imagining that both parties are in every sense in the wrong and everyone involved being pampered babies complaining that the world doesn't revolve just enough around making their lives just that extra bit easier.

Backing either side is the wrong take, you can both think that the British monarchy is a backwards torture chamber overdue for removal by three centuries AND that Harry and Meghan should stop whining about not getting enough tax shillings to have the life of the top 0.0000000001% without actually working for it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I would trade my daily struggles for Meghan & Harry's struggles.

The struggle of laying low in canada with unlimited financial resources? Hell, same.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

lilljonas posted:

I'm not having a hard time imagining that both parties are in every sense in the wrong and everyone involved being pampered babies complaining that the world doesn't revolve just enough around making their lives just that extra bit easier.

Backing either side is the wrong take, you can both think that the British monarchy is a backwards torture chamber overdue for removal by three centuries AND that Harry and Meghan should stop whining about not getting enough tax shillings to have the life of the top 0.0000000001% without actually working for it.

Totally agreed

But a lot of her issues were with who gets a security detail vs who doesn’t, which is absolutely tied to rank/hierarchy, so obviously when they quit their rank they were going to lose their (taxpayer-funded) security.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well if they do a few more interviews they'll have enough cash to hire a platoon of Gurkhas

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Paul Blart 3: Royal Duties!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You haven't done enough to earn it, you have to take at least 5 more 15 inch shitlogs in your uncleaned toilet bowl you foul PoS, nasty rear end bwoi

The gently caress is this poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sucks that the royal butler wouldn't ring up the NHS for her to set up a therapist.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

poverty goat posted:

Imagine still having royals and publicly subsidizing their lifestyles 300+ years past the age of enlightenment, when they aren't even involved in any of the work of governing anymore. loving lmao. The british royal family have pulled off one of the most epic scams of all time.

Lol the Queen can veto anything she doesn't like.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
quite frankly this is all meghan's fault for not wanting power enough to silently plot and backstab everybody and become queen

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
personally as harry i'd have a huge problem leaving because then you dont get access to the royal suck offer anymore and getting sucked off whenever you want seems like a nice perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/GlennonDoyle/status/1368747763102539776?s=20