Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
How does someone watch the Full Metal Jacket boot among segment and think that seems like something you'd want to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

How does someone watch the Full Metal Jacket boot among segment and think that seems like something you'd want to do?

they wanna tell people what to do like r lee ermey. just real jackasses that need that stuff leeched out of their bodies with time and experience

Dreylad posted:

gwynne dyer's "anybody's son will do" is the FMJ bootcamp irl

this looks great ty

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i say swears online posted:

this looks great ty

dyer owns, the whole War series is worth a look, with an understanding that he's drawing on anthropology that's hilariously outdated even in the 80s, but I think a lot of what he says about modern warfare is still relevant

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Dreylad posted:

they got funding to build a "memorial to the victims of communism" up here, and only glorious covid stopped the build.

honestly they should have built it right beside one of the memorials to nazi soldiers we already have

Oakville literally has a memorial to Bandera and ilk

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ToxicAcne posted:

yeah that's one of the ones I mean, I think the other one is in the prairies

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 9, 2021

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

the same who think they are going to be the cool badass transhuman mercenary in a cyberpunk future op

Kubrick being the absolute genius he was, was fully aware of what he was doing and even got R Lee Ermey to go full onboard with the movie being a massive piss on the military

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
marines are my least favorite vets I’ve ever worked with in any capacity, they’re so loving lazy and entitled

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

marines are my least favorite vets I’ve ever worked with in any capacity, they’re so loving lazy and entitled

Every marine i've worked with had to do everything by the book. You couldn't take a shortcut even if you could prove to them it worked and would save time.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Every marine i've worked with had to do everything by the book. You couldn't take a shortcut even if you could prove to them it worked and would save time.

I’d love that, that sounds like heaven in comparison

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

ToxicAcne posted:

banderists basically control a bunch of ukrainian canadian associations and have the ear of the top brass of the major political parties

https://banderalobby.substack.com/p/the-canadian-bandera-network

trudeau's likely successor had a fascist loving ukrainian grandad who she upholds and she's gung ho about supporting right wing militias in present day ukraine

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

mila kunis posted:

banderists basically control a bunch of ukrainian canadian associations and have the ear of the top brass of the major political parties

trudeau's likely successor had a fascist loving ukrainian grandad who she upholds and she's gung ho about supporting right wing militias in present day ukraine

lmao the banderists are getting Canada bogged in a hellwar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol adam driver joined the marines when he turned 18 just after 9/11

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

this is your weekly reminder that the black book retards count nazi deaths in ww2 as victims of communism lmfao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the b-slur of a r-word m,oderator should allow larry to say it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dongicus posted:

the b-slur of a r-word m,oderator should allow larry to say it

Flavius Aetass posted:

just editing out epic gross picture :D

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmao

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Larry knows the rules in C-SPAM :shrug:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

stfu bitch

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lol "the theory thread"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
well, in theory

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what thread were you modded from again

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

Larry knows the rules in C-SPAM :shrug:

which rule was this shithead https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3819910&pagenumber=891&perpage=40#post512797593

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
personally i believe people with abhorrent views should be mocked and laughed at rather than punished, but lol at going to bat for the person denying that china is committing human rights violations against ethnic minorities

THS
Sep 15, 2017

apropos to nothing posted:

personally i believe people with abhorrent views should be mocked and laughed at rather than punished, but lol at going to bat for the person denying that china is committing human rights violations against ethnic minorities

actually their post was fine, and a probation + ban was total bullshit

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
that was based largely on that poster's prior history and was discussed at length among all the mods. we don't do that sort of thing lightly but I don't want to share a forum with someone who denies that the tiananmen square massacre happened

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Flavius Aetass posted:

that was based largely on that poster's prior history and was discussed at length among all the mods. we don't do that sort of thing lightly but I don't want to share a forum with someone who denies that the tiananmen square massacre happened

making a honeypot Simulation Theory thread to trick all the Rogan-Musk nerds into getting banned

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
seems like an easy solution is to allow posters to believe the tainanmen square massacre never happened continue to post, but just also allow other posters like larry to call them retarded about it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

mila kunis posted:

im glad someone is finally documenting all this stuff because no one really knows about it in canada, it just occasionally pops up in the news and the liberals tend to just throw up the "Russia disinformation!" smokescreen if anyone gets critical about their relationship with these psychos

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there are people with all kinds of abhorrent views on SA including making excuses for democrat immigration detention, american military interventions, etc. but the great thing about the consent manufacturing ramp up toward china is people do the state dept’s work for free and dont even really know they are doing it. looking forward to the coming wars

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

seems like an easy solution is to allow posters to believe the tainanmen square massacre never happened continue to post, but just also allow other posters like larry to call them retarded about it

Yeah I know and it's sometimes tough to decide where that line is. I agree with you to a large extent but we still need to keep the idea of C-SPAM existing palatable to the rest of the forum, whether we like it or not.

wrt to larry saying "retard" I wish he would just stop. I'm not sure what it proves to keep getting probed for breaking a rule about using slurs over and over again. I don't personally care about that word and as you can see, have used it myself, but it has long been a rule in C-SPAM, and a blanket ban on slurs in a leftist space shouldn't surprise anyone. And yes, I am generally acting on a report from other users when I probate for that, so it's not just the mods who have a problem with it.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

THS posted:

there are people with all kinds of abhorrent views on SA including making excuses for democrat immigration detention, american military interventions, etc. but the great thing about the consent manufacturing ramp up toward china is people do the state dept’s work for free and dont even really know they are doing it. looking forward to the coming wars

we aren't going to war with China

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it is kind of weird to stamp your feet and demand the right to say retarded at people, but then again I’m extremely stupid so who am I to judge.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

THS posted:

I got a push notification this morning from the cnn app, which i have disabled notifications from, saying there's new evidence that china is killing millions of people, then I went into cspam and discovered that the only allowable response to this is to nod and thank cnn for keeping us informed of the terrible crimes of americas enemies

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
i think its cool that as long we talk about the word retarded like its in the third person and were just describing or discussing the word itself we can say the off limits word as much as we like. seems kind of retarded to me but those are the rules :cheers:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I have here in my hand a list of 205 posters that were known to the forums as being "tanky's" and who nevertheless are still posting and shaping the discourse of the forums

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ram dass in hell posted:

I got a push notification this morning from the cnn app, which i have disabled notifications from, saying there's new evidence that china is killing millions of people, then I went into cspam and discovered that the only allowable response to this is to nod and thank cnn for keeping us informed of the terrible crimes of americas enemies

This isn't a reaction to that guy who got banned in the Hot Takes thread but that CNN piece is crap:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

This isn't a reaction to that guy who got banned in the Hot Takes thread but that CNN piece is crap:

Thanks lmao i didn't click it because I just assumed it was garbage, is that genocide denial or is it media literacy? The world may never know. Since after all, "we aren't going to war with China", I guess allowing unchallenged state department lies is praxis.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

indigi posted:

it is kind of weird to stamp your feet and demand the right to say retarded at people, but then again I’m extremely stupid so who am I to judge.

people seemed fine with the rule when the moderation of cspam was less terrible

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the synthesis or whatever is that china is ethnically cleansing a minority population in its country and that the us is engaged in an all out propaganda effort to highlight this in order to deflect the clear ethnic cleansing israel does constantly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ram dass in hell posted:

Thanks lmao i didn't click it because I just assumed it was garbage, is that genocide denial or is it media literacy? The world may never know. Since after all, "we aren't going to war with China", I guess allowing unchallenged state department lies is praxis.

it's really quite funny how "check who is saying the thing and google their About page" is simultaneously a superpower and a gateway to being called a conspiracy tankie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Dreylad posted:

the synthesis or whatever is that china is ethnically cleansing a minority population in its country and that the us is engaged in an all out propaganda effort to highlight this in order to deflect the clear ethnic cleansing israel does constantly

Ya, and the united states is currently doing immigrant concentration camps and deliberately exacerbated a pandemic because stephen miller noticed that black people were particularly vulnerable both due to a lack of adequate health care and systemic racism in the healthcare system itself, so highlighting the terrible sins of the insidious communists helps with that too.