Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

I assume it'll be typical Marvel Comics style "heroes battle due to misunderstanding, then team up to fight the true foe" thing. Strange and Wanda fight at the end of act 1, spend act 2 butting heads while Mordo/Cthon/whoever clowns on them, act 3 they get their poo poo together and I dunno, rescue America Chavez and Wanda's kids from the baddie by yelling Latin and wiggling their fingers at it.

He could also bargain!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

did Jimmy Woo ever find his missing witness?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karma Tornado posted:

did Jimmy Woo ever find his missing witness?

Nope.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Turns out the only thing he was missing was the friends he made along the way......and that missing witness he never found.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I didn't need a Strange cameo, and the show didn't either, but I did kind of half expect him to pop up at the very end and be like "You're going to my weird magic school, yer a wizard Harry" or pop up after Wanda flew off and say "alright I'm here, now what the hell were you slobbering about on the phone" to Jimmy Woo

MoaM posted:

Oh? So Raimi's going to recreate the infamous Spidey 3 scene, but with Elisabeth Olsen?

Big-Hexed Goth Girlfriend Wanda? Two tickets, please.

theironjef posted:

It feels like he's mad that all these Cyclops fights keep using eye lasers.

dude's problem is that he DOESN'T FUCKIN' LOVE OPTIC BLASTS

CapnAndy posted:

Can you imagine the pop in the movie theater if that happens, though?

We just call it coke or soda down here

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All these promos for F&tWS are getting me so hype. I loved WV but I live for traditional MCU shenanigans.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I didn't need a Strange cameo, and the show didn't either, but I did kind of half expect him to pop up at the very end and be like "You're going to my weird magic school, yer a wizard Harry" or pop up after Wanda flew off and say "alright I'm here, now what the hell were you slobbering about on the phone" to Jimmy Woo
Everyone keeps saying they didn't want that, and quite rightly, because it'd have been patronizing and a bit dumb. But if it was going to happen, what I really expected was the opposite. Wanda turning up on Dr. Strange's doorstep with the Darkhold and being all "hey turns out I'm a super-powerful but completely untrained witch, and I got this book, you're gonna give me lessons" would have made a lot of sense and kept her agency.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Rhyno posted:

All these promos for F&tWS are getting me so hype. I loved WV but I live for traditional MCU shenanigans.

Yeah, I’m here too. I know I should be more excited for slightly(SLIGHTLY) more experimental stuff like WandaVision but I’m so ready for Sam and Bucky punching bad guys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, I’m here too. I know I should be more excited for slightly(SLIGHTLY) more experimental stuff like WandaVision but I’m so ready for Sam and Bucky punching bad guys

they gonna throw THE gently caress outta that shield

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Throw the shield at me, daddy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the second question is killing me

https://twitter.com/brettwhite/status/1369408352858632201?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Already gone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah, dang

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Mt Wundagore until otherwise stated.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1369475173104181255?s=20

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like people have probably seen this but it just popped up in my recommended and I find it great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_22vA7UiU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

Ah, dang

I figured she was in Sokovia. I don't know why, I just guessed she might have gone "home."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just can't get over the the interviewer's idea she might've moved to Thanos' cabin on another planet

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

site posted:

I just can't get over the the interviewer's idea she might've moved to Thanos' cabin on another planet

Especially since, visually, this just looks like the ending from the Ed Norton Hulk movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Most people conducting these interviews are goddamned idiots

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Most people conducting these interviews are goddamned idiots

I mean, how the gently caress would she even KNOW where it was? She was dusted when the whole brace Thanos in his lair thing happened.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Proteus Jones posted:

I mean, how the gently caress would she even KNOW where it was? She was dusted when the whole brace Thanos in his lair thing happened.
And they wrecked the place! There’s no roof and only three walls left!

Unifying Cabin Theory is a hell of a thing.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Michelle Gomez is joining season three of Doom Patrol :woop:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Michelle Gomez is joining season three of Doom Patrol :woop:

Holy poo poo this is the best.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
idk if we still need spoilertags, but gently caress it, i'll use 'em. Just got few points
Show's great, best thing of MCU.

I am insanely annoyed that episode 4 happened when it did. Those cowards should've ran this poo poo balls deep. No full outside scenes until Vision breaks free in the Malcolm in the Middle episode. The era where the americana nuclear family is destroyed should've absolutely been when we finally stop being restricted by the camera. Would've also made the Agnes twist stronger since you'd basically still be recovering from the other twist. I do understand that being nearly back-to-back on exposicion on such a short series is rough, tho.

I find Wanda's reason to loving sitcoms a bit of a stretch. Admittedly, I'm not from a war-torn country, but I did learn english through television when I was young, but it rubs me the wrong way that the US bombs her parents directly and she still holds americana dearly.

Loved it. Malcolm in the Middle and The Office were my favorite episodes with how they handled the sound cues and camera shots to contrast the hosed-upness. lol that The Office episode is the one with Agnes basically in full control of the format, as to not have to show Wanda interact with an IP Disney doesn't own

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That episode is also heavily reminiscent of Modern Family, which is under Disney's umbrella.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
well, poo poo it even fits the decade motif way better since it started at '09 vs The Office's '05. Never seen Modern Family, but I can guess it shares more similarities with this episode of a family than any The Office episode

as for the resolution: i'm okay with it because Wanda's still suffering and will cause more problems. There is no formal institution to truly help her with the avengers being in shambles and shield 2 turning out to be big problem anyway, so full blown fugitive shunned away by the folks she hurt is cool. Monica Rambeau is loving NARUTO, tho. She was one billion percent just Naruto from Shippuden and Wanda was her Sasuke. "A few terrorisms won't get between our friendship, no matter how much I make you try to kill me :)"

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 13, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Honeymooners would have been a good choice for the first episode. Or maybe just the title would be.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

MorningMoon posted:

idk if we still need spoilertags, but gently caress it, i'll use 'em. Just got few points

I don't think the US bombed her parents directly, I think sold, stolen, or counterfeit Stark weapons did. Wasn't that a civil war?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

site posted:

She's officially the most powerful Avengers now. She can do whatever she dang well wants!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

theironjef posted:

I don't think the US bombed her parents directly, I think sold, stolen, or counterfeit Stark weapons did. Wasn't that a civil war?

I've always figured it was some sort of post Cold War regional conflict like the breakup of Yugoslavia and Stane was selling weapons to all sides.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I've always figured it was some sort of post Cold War regional conflict like the breakup of Yugoslavia and Stane was selling weapons to all sides.

Yeah, that's my thought as well. Wanda's family being bombed when she was a child would have been under Stane's watch for sure. This is years before Tony Stark had his epiphany in the desert.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, that's my thought as well. Wanda's family being bombed when she was a child would have been under Stane's watch for sure. This is years before Tony Stark had his epiphany in the desert.

I mean, it was under Tony's watch, he doesn't get a pass just because he was too busy getting drunk and loving journalists. If we assume he's the same age as RDJ, he's like 43 in 2008, so he was 35 when the Maximoffs died.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Open Marriage Night posted:

The Honeymooners would have been a good choice for the first episode. Or maybe just the title would be.

One of these days, Wanda

...yeah I'm not sure that would have been the best choice

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Wanda and Vis actually like each other

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bang zoom, right to the blue area of the moon!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

XboxPants posted:

One of these days, Wanda

The Honeymooners were in the vein of old radio skits.

Dick Van Dyke's show was all about a professional husband and his wonderful wife and is totally more in line with what Wanda would have been imagining

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also notable because the show was originally meant to be mostly the office stuff, but MTM was so good that the home life part became a bigger bit of the show, splitting the time more evenly between husband and wife.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

One of these days, Wanda

One of these days, Vision, Bang! Straight through the forehead!

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, it was under Tony's watch, he doesn't get a pass just because he was too busy getting drunk and loving journalists. If we assume he's the same age as RDJ, he's like 43 in 2008, so he was 35 when the Maximoffs died.

MCU Tony is 5 years younger than RDJ but yeah, by that point he's running the company so even if all the Sokovia stuff was sales Stane did on the black market, he's still quite culpable for the Maximoff parents dying.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

At that point Tony’s still a proud arms dealer. He knows he’s selling death.