Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

mfcrocker posted:

Crat is my current project and I've not had so much fun in ages. Especially 1-100 stuff just melts

Peak craft for me was soloing ely hecklers after you can charm horrors. Definitely fun, though I got tired of spamming nuke all the time at 220.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i assume froobs still cant go on RK2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Statutory Ape posted:

i assume froobs still cant go on RK2019

RK2019 is dead anyway, just play on live

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm back on my bullshit, installing this 20 year old game...anyone still playing?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
every day I think about it

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

brontoooo

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
burgerrrr

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

yummmmmmmm

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
I'm messin around with froobin, hit me up - sienavolkova

i wound up in some random russian org but they are giving me stuff so that's cool

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Daaz posted:

i wound up in some random russian org but they are giving me stuff so that's cool

Do you know if FC is doing anything for 20th anniversary? Free game time perhaps?

I semi-accidentally remembered a few days ago that the anniversary is soonish but I don't think there was anything about it on the forum.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
No don’t make me want to play again no NO

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021
My favorite companion in this game was a Casio calculator i used aggressively everytime i tried to tweak my toon.
Put that lvl 15 doc with lvl 75 equips at the entrance of the subway with pvp flags on and enjoy.

That equipement mini game was GOLDEN.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I still know attribute buff values and ncu costs by heart a decade later

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

KITCHEN SINK REDEMPTION SURGERY E: for some reason as i was showering it hit me i got this wrong

i was playing the FPS part of elite dangerous that just came out and it was the most AO ive felt in awhile

its buggy as gently caress too, which, like i said, AO

Worf fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 23, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Daaz posted:

Still froobin at all?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
anyone wanna try doing a leveling static

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i logged in to my 199 froob NT who is rocking an enhanced queen blade still <3

love that char

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Oh yea, happy b-day AO :toot:

Guess FC didn't even to pretend to notice the anniversary any more?

e: no wait, gently caress me, not for another month.

e: I'll emptyquote in a month so all these pixels were not wasted.

e: if I remember

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Oh yea, happy b-day AO :toot:

Guess FC didn't even to pretend to notice the anniversary any more?

e: no wait, gently caress me, not for another month.

e: I'll emptyquote in a month so all these pixels were not wasted.

e: if I remember

let's duo, i'm bored

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I'm playing that self-flagellation sim, ED Odyssey

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
dude no

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Fewd posted:

I'm playing that self-flagellation sim, ED Odyssey

haha same i am on a mission right now and ill be damned if i know how to spawn the NPCs to kill

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

haha same i am on a mission right now and ill be damned if i know how to spawn the NPCs to kill

lol someone mentioned how you can buy upgraded feetmans gear from shops so now I'm just apex shuttling around looking at the stores, 95% of me playing the game atm is me not playing the game. It's almost like AO except in AO you can press burst and fullauto every now and then.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
tempted to make a keeper or engi and go self-found

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Can't go wrong with froob engy

Now I almost want to play my engy. Almost.

e: llol no I just remembered solar powered pistols and mist-filled jars

e2: dat slayerdroid though, best goddamn pet in any game ever

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Can't go wrong with froob engy

Now I almost want to play my engy. Almost.

e: llol no I just remembered solar powered pistols and mist-filled jars

those are easy to find now

I'm going paid though, more toys.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I managed to get the stuff for the solar pistol (for my crat) within like 2 hours of deciding to make it, it was p awesome

i think hes rocking that plus one of the guns off patricia, w that + the nukes and buffs his damage is p good for a frooblet

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah the gun is tits once you get it. Can't remember what was offhand tho... think I used burger? Something burger something? The one with fast fullauto.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Yeah the gun is tits once you get it. Can't remember what was offhand tho... think I used burger? Something burger something? The one with fast fullauto.

ah..... the BigBurger

I think engis use Dog of War now, and my soldier uses a JAME pistol

if I make the engi it'll be all about getting that big robot though, so NCU and buff stacking until I get a slayerdroid. keeper... probably dual wielding melee energy

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Think I will activate an AO account or two for the anniversary :unsmith:

Good chance to meet any other nostalgic buddies again.

Almost e:

Is this some new thing? The name doesn't ring a bell at all

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Think I will activate an AO account or two for the anniversary :unsmith:

Good chance to meet any other nostalgic buddies again.

Almost e:
Is this some new thing? The name doesn't ring a bell at all

yeah, it's from one of the 'new' zones (The Reck). basically a pistol with burst and good stats. great on mid level crats, engis, soldiers, etc

https://aoitems.com/item/303060/the-dog-of-war/

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Did they ever lower the sub cost? 20 year old games with no new xpacs shouldn't cost $15 / month.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I would play AO so much more if I didn't feel ripped off every time I see the sub charge.

Hell, if it was like 5 bucks or something I might not ever bother canceling it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Kind of insane they don't have a $5 option that adds just shadowlands or something to the froob package. They could be getting $60/year I'd just forget about until this thread gets bumped and I reload my original characters, play for a few days, then stop when I remember I'm still a level 131 fixer and grinding GA mk2 and 3 is literally mind-numbingly insane.
:pwn:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Even more insane since they did have Shadowlands sub in the past, and I think the price tag was 5 bucks. But they remove it because ??? <insert reasons> ???

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The froob experience is pretty good these days, but agreed. I personally don't mind the sub fee because while the game is old, it also doesn't have the population to keep it in the black with no fee/a severely reduced fee, I think. I have 1 paid account and a few froob accounts which take care of crafting, warping, and some froob twinking projects which are pretty fun.

I wish they fully made the jump from p2p to f2p+cash shop or had tiers of subs, but pretty sure whoever's managing the game is just phoning it in, it's like 20 years old

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i would not mind perhaps occasionally running team missions or something on froob accounts

unfortunately the only thing i have lower than like 140 is probably just NTs

However if anybody needs an NT im p sure i have like 9 accounts filled with them so that I can literally group with every level ><

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
can I hear a 'froob leveling static'?

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Fewd posted:

Even more insane since they did have Shadowlands sub in the past, and I think the price tag was 5 bucks. But they remove it because ??? <insert reasons> ???

Ya, I kept one of my accounts SL only for this very purpose. Honestly if they even lowered it to 9.99 I'd probably fire up 6 of my accounts and start multiboxing the game again.

Edit: Better yet if the game died and someone got a real emulator going similar to how Asheron's Call has ended up. Although I'm not sure its popular enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Nosthula posted:

Ya, I kept one of my accounts SL only for this very purpose. Honestly if they even lowered it to 9.99 I'd probably fire up 6 of my accounts and start multiboxing the game again.

Edit: Better yet if the game died and someone got a real emulator going similar to how Asheron's Call has ended up. Although I'm not sure its popular enough.

I hate to think how terrible setting up an AO server is