Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if keir loses seats he’s out and the actual labor right is going to go full mask off and put their guy in. keir is a patsy to wreck the left, he’s not actually a part of the hard core labor right.

Keir is their guy and gave the labour far right everything they were baying for. I don't believe they know who they can turn to. I legitimately can't name a competent and charismatic centrist or a social democrat in the UK. Sturgeon possibly

The vanguards of centrism in the UK are hideous bloated gammons like Starmer and Ed Balls who repulse younger people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

You know who they want to bring back.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The actor who played Dave in 2001 was called Keir. Keith is the Labour equivalent of "Call me Dave" Cameron. Something something HAL is the AI Deep State apparatus ensuring we only get to vote for one of two slightly different used-car salesmen.

Also prawn cocktail Quavers seem to be back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Centrists are incapable of doing any analysis except X won an election therefore be like X. Ignoring how circumstances led to X winning or how they've changed

The right are god awful but they at least know how to talk to win because they know their platform isn't liked

K9
May 6, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I did my DNA a few years back. I've ceased to bother looking at the bazillions of emails from those DNA companies saying I have a 3rd-5th cousin identified as I have concluded that just about everyone in the UK (and the British diaspora) is related at the most to 5th cousin level.
My sister crawled our family tree quite far back - some bits to the 14th century IIRC - but a whole chunk is missing on one side because they were closed brethren.

i do my dna most days

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

Centrists are incapable of doing any analysis except X won an election therefore be like X. Ignoring how circumstances led to X winning or how they've changed

The right are god awful but they at least know how to talk to win because they know their platform isn't liked

the gammons seem to like the platform

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm so tired.

https://twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1370143365732401152

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the gammons seem to like the platform

Keir is doing best with Lib Dems, the Tories who left are not flipping back

Mostly because what they really want is some kind of economic change which current Labour refuse to commit to

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MikeCrotch posted:

Keir is doing best with Lib Dems, the Tories who left are not flipping back

Mostly because what they really want is some kind of economic change which current Labour refuse to commit to

I meant the gammons like the Tory platform

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I meant the gammons like the Tory platform

they like the racism and brexit for sure just i doubt they think about much else becuase the tories sure stfu about it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fox News doing monarchism is a real thing.

Is the concept of "political sketch writer" something that exists in other countries? Or is it a relic of dumb rules about reporting on parliament?

A profession that attracts some of the least funny people in the world who are convinced they are exceptionally witty, like Quentin Letts.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Wade
May 11, 2009

I'm hip
kieth looks like richard spencer with the gammon slider turned up

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

I can't be racist, some of my best slaves are black

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Wade posted:

kieth looks like richard spencer with the gammon slider turned up

he used to be hosed off his tits with heroin which is probably what you’re seeing

the guy is quite “humorous” but has a massive blind spot because he’s a full on liberal with a soft spot for what starmer represents

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

they like the racism and brexit for sure just i doubt they think about much else becuase the tories sure stfu about it

The Tories have done a very good job of protecting their core constituencies (finance capital, homeowners and pensioners)

So many people's material interests are tied into property and the stock market that as long as the Tories keep propping these things up everything will be fine

Meanwhile in the US they have pumped so much money into the economy that inflation is going to become a real threat - we'll see if the Tories can avoid that fate

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

MikeCrotch posted:

The Tories have done a very good job of protecting their core constituencies (finance capital, homeowners and pensioners)

So many people's material interests are tied into property and the stock market that as long as the Tories keep propping these things up everything will be fine

Meanwhile in the US they have pumped so much money into the economy that inflation is going to become a real threat - we'll see if the Tories can avoid that fate

i agree with this post. the conservative party is a very coherent class compromise along very manageable lines, and it's really quite brilliant in its conception. thatcher was an excellent politician, and also an implacable enemy of humanity

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JolyonRubs/status/1370090901121478662?s=19
https://twitter.com/PaganTrelawney/status/1370125489835237385?s=19

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

The inflation is already here in the asset bubbles. No particular reason to expect it to drive up non housing consumer prices though. It's not like pensioners are drawing down house equity to buy a billion frozen pizzas.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

most predictable move in the world to make labour poo poo all over themselves

https://twitter.com/elliemaeohagan/status/1370313052235653122?s=20

Jose has issued a correction as of 13:41 on Mar 12, 2021

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

genericnick posted:

The inflation is already here in the asset bubbles. No particular reason to expect it to drive up non housing consumer prices though. It's not like pensioners are drawing down house equity to buy a billion frozen pizzas.

This is true to a degree (housing, healthcare and food are not included in inflation indices) but even with that the Fed is predicting 3-4% inflation and Wall Street 5-6%

There's only so long you can keep printing trillions of dollars into the economy before it starts cascading through the system

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jose posted:

I was a little confused what Tony Hawk had to do with Labour tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

twitter making copying tweet links consistently harder is infuriating including teh fact my right mouse button is a bit hosed lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

This is true to a degree (housing, healthcare and food are not included in inflation indices) but even with that the Fed is predicting 3-4% inflation and Wall Street 5-6%

There's only so long you can keep printing trillions of dollars into the economy before it starts cascading through the system

Why though? Are we seeing wage rises? A broad increase in disposable income?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

glad the grown ups are back in charge, nice to see starmer running rings round bojo like this

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

4d chess move to make U turns so expected that it makes it seem like the government is listening to the people, and making labour look like a shower of disingenuous austerity losers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i highly recommend everyone click in for the photo used in todays john crace article

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/11/labour-leader-starmer-sets-off-dull-early-long-lonely-march-6-may-local-elections

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How can you not trust this man?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Lol at the kid gloves on that kier article. That dude really wants to like him.

There's another incredible thumbnail of kier a bit way down the article I want someone to post coz I'm on my phone

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Lol at the kid gloves on that kier article. That dude really wants to like him.

There's another incredible thumbnail of kier a bit way down the article I want someone to post coz I'm on my phone

That one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPoY5d_Skr0

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the comments are brilliant in that they alternate between “this is wot jeramy forced us to do” and “this sterner is a bit poo poo isn’t he?”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

wait hold up so the date they supposedly went on isn’t even real, they met “online” and never hung out? LMAO this dude is just a tower of Ls

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

piers weird attitude to megan is a bit like how john leslie would obsessively brag to anyone near him how he banged catherine zeta jones and made her “the star she is”

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

genericnick posted:

Why though? Are we seeing wage rises? A broad increase in disposable income?

Quantitive Easing has injected huge amounts of money into the supply so you now have more dollars chasing the same amount of "stuff" so prices end up rising

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

wait hold up so the date they supposedly went on isn’t even real, they met “online” and never hung out? LMAO this dude is just a tower of Ls

yeah its pathetic as gently caress and he has stalked her online for years

anyway check out this charisma riddled ham

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1370378493167538176?s=20

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

genericnick posted:

How can you not trust this man?

keir lookin creepy in crawley
(p sure he's looking at an ann summers from that angle)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

kier always looks like he's about to break down sobbing

a very inspiring quality for a leader

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

yeah its pathetic as gently caress and he has stalked her online for years

anyway check out this charisma riddled ham

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1370378493167538176?s=20

we've been talking to nurses who are on the front lines, telling them they're worth a 2% pay rise, but a 5% one was rejected by the electorate so you don't deserve it and forget about anything that would make up for the last 10 years

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Quantitive Easing has injected huge amounts of money into the supply so you now have more dollars chasing the same amount of "stuff" so prices end up rising

That remains to be seen tbh. QE was largely given to big institutions and they mainly used it in the financial industry. It's not like Jeff Bezos will buy 1 million tv or something and the people who would buy actual consumer goods have not benefited from the money printer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Junkozeyne posted:

That remains to be seen tbh. QE was largely given to big institutions and they mainly used it in the financial industry. It's not like Jeff Bezos will buy 1 million tv or something and the people who would buy actual consumer goods have not benefited from the money printer.

any economy with trillions of consumer debt can easily skip inflationary pressure entirely by dumping money into the economy for the sole purpose and employment of the people with the debts. This isn't 1980, more money = more inflation is not an accurate model of how it functions and we don't have to pretend it ever was. Ignoring the velocity of money, the nature and amount of circulations a given dollar makes, and the existence of accumulation reduces the argument to National Credit Card Spend Bad >:( levels of insane liberal praxeology.

It's not even a tiny bit relevant to the US because they've made sure to maximise inflation by lying about and cancelling their only good policy for years, they're going to be hosed by the trillions pouring straight into the invisible offshored capital reserves of multinationals. It's relevant to us though, it was the entire point of not-poo poo labour's industrial policy for 3 years.