Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're not quite Ohrenkneifer, they have the Kneifer on the front, so actual mandibles. They're pretty metal, my little ones.

Welp, they have begun to roam.

Was nice posting with y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Just use oropax, OP

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just buy some ferrets to eat the earwigs

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're not quite Ohrenkneifer, they have the Kneifer on the front, so actual mandibles. They're pretty metal, my little ones.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Oooh, I know these but without the kneifer and the long legs. Huh!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pidan posted:

Just buy some ferrets to eat the earwigs

I mean sure, but what then eats the ferrets?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sereri posted:

Idk, cats? Wolves?

Seems like there are not enough aphids to eat if the not-Ohrenkneifer are roaming, OP should consider buying some to put on his chilis.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
IMO try and make the food chain wrap around to Blattläuse again, hermetically seal a room and visit once every few weeks with a machete to harvest chilis.

I mean this was about chilis at some point, right?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Neco posted:

I mean this was about chilis at some point, right?

I think it was about chilis originally. My cellar is too cold to just have them hanging out near the Lichthoffenster (i measuerd 18°C) so I cobbled some poo poo together. The plugs are controlled via IFTTT and do light cycle of 16h and fans running 5 minutes every hour. No wonder Meth Labs keep exploding. I feel like my plants are disappointingly tiny for all the effort I put in. Those at the front are from the batch I posted earlier in here, in February.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sereri posted:

The most dangerous animals of them all, you and me.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did you inform your Vermieter already about Haustierhaltung/starting an open enclosure insect breeding operation?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Got my Aufenthaltsrecht heute abgeklärt. I can stay in DE 10 more years before I get thrown out like the filthy Ausländer that I am.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

RickRogers posted:

Got my Aufenthaltsrecht heute abgeklärt. I can stay in DE 10 more years before I get thrown out like the filthy Ausländer that I am.

What the hell do you do to get a single 10 year visa?

Like, the standard is 2 years until you're here for 6 total, then you just get permanent residency.

Meanwhile my local Ausländerbehörde is going through a very public crisis and I've been waiting weeks for my request to process my permanent residency that I asked about last month.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Drone posted:

Like, the standard is 2 years until you're here for 6 total, then you just get permanent residency.

Meanwhile my local Ausländerbehörde is going through a very public crisis and I've been waiting weeks for my request to process my permanent residency that I asked about last month.

Well *flexes and grins*, in my case a combination of having an unbefristete Arbeitsvertrag, have a Deutsche Woman plus children, been living 5+ years here permanently with a Deutsche Ausbildung/Weiterbildung and being UK citizen who forgot to get the Deutsche Einbürgerung done on time.

I did have to make the appointment a month ago and there was a short moment where the guy had no idea how to process my claim because I was "seine erste" and he wasn't sure if I should receive 5 or 10 years.

Hope yours gets through eventually though!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

RickRogers posted:

Well *flexes and grins*, in my case a combination of having an unbefristete Arbeitsvertrag, have a Deutsche Woman plus children, been living 5+ years here permanently with a Deutsche Ausbildung/Weiterbildung and being UK citizen who forgot to get the Deutsche Einbürgerung done on time.

I did have to make the appointment a month ago and there was a short moment where the guy had no idea how to process my claim because I was "seine erste" and he wasn't sure if I should receive 5 or 10 years.

Yeah also on an unbefristeten Arbeitsvertrag + mit deutschem Ehepartner + 9 Jahren in Deutschland wohnhaft and now I'm just jealous about the fact that your Ausländerbehörde is apparently far more competent than mine.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Grendels Dad posted:

The most dangerous animals of them all, you and me.

Well that suck for duzzy because I'm really hard to get rid off

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Drone posted:

Yeah also on an unbefristeten Arbeitsvertrag + mit deutschem Ehepartner + 9 Jahren in Deutschland wohnhaft and now I'm just jealous about the fact that your Ausländerbehörde is apparently far more competent than mine.

I think mine is also pretty ridiculous because they sent letters out claiming appointments could be made last month, despite closing completely for 4 weeks the very next day after sending them.

I am not sure who decided my right to 5-10 years, but I assume it is because I am a precious idiot child of GB, and they take pity on me :v:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Drone posted:

lol Digitalstadt Darmstadt. At least they have a dashboard for parking spaces!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

lol Digitalstadt Darmstadt. At least they have a dashboard for parking spaces!

god if only it showed parking spaces. Instead we get "how much of the city's Müll ist Restmüll" and "how many more people are currently driving out of the city vs. driving into it"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

RickRogers posted:

I am not sure who decided my right to 5-10 years, but I assume it is because I am a precious idiot child of GB, and they take pity on me :v:

From what I can tell, this could literally be the case. Iirc the EU was very clear that it would quite like to keep all those UK workers instead of brexiting them to a miserable little island in the Atlantic, tyvm.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

niethan posted:

I think it was about chilis originally. My cellar is too cold to just have them hanging out near the Lichthoffenster (i measuerd 18°C) so I cobbled some poo poo together. The plugs are controlled via IFTTT and do light cycle of 16h and fans running 5 minutes every hour. No wonder Meth Labs keep exploding. I feel like my plants are disappointingly tiny for all the effort I put in. Those at the front are from the batch I posted earlier in here, in February.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

From what I can tell, this could literally be the case. Iirc the EU was very clear that it would quite like to keep all those UK workers instead of brexiting them to a miserable little island in the Atlantic, tyvm.

Ireland's not that bad

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

:psyduck:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

I put it in the cellar, call it Fußbodenheizung. (It's only 60W) (for now)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I've posted pictures on our Discord because this is getting silly: My cat Amber somehow was playing with a third mouse in my apartment when I came back.

So, either there is still some unknown tiny hole the little buggers moonwalk in I haven't found yet, or she somehow managed to collect three little mice in a row without harming them. Three totally fearless and healthy mice.

I even watched in amazement as Amber put a paw on the mouse, then her jaws around its neck, only to playfully fake-bite it like she bites my hand. And then she just lifted the paw and let the mouse go! Afterwards she immediately started running around and searching for the mouse again. It was both adorable and kind of scary. :stare:

I eventually collected the tiny thing and transported it to the nearby forest. I'm now preparing for mouse 4 in the coming months.

To recap, by "mysterious" (but probably cat-related) means three mice ended up in my apartment since I got Amber last year. Every time the same thing: The mouse gets at worst batted around like a tennis-ball, but when I later catch and untersuch it, the mouse is perfectly fine and healthy, without a single scratch. Then the mouse gets transferred to the nearest owl feeder forest.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
It's called Toxoplasma, hth

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
So, toxoplasmosis makes mice regenerate heads? Hopefully I get infected too, then

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I mean, Toxoplasmosis mice will cuddle with cats.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

suck my woke dick posted:

I mean, Toxoplasmosis mice will cuddle with cats.

Ok, as I said "fearless mice" I meant, fearless for mice. They were till pretty loving scared. Just not so scared they dropped dead (which is a real thing that can happen if they get too stressed).

I saw a youtube video showing a rat just bumrushing a street cat and the cat just freaking out about the rat trying to cuddle with it. This is definitely just my cat wanting a plushy new toy and being strangely nice (for a cat) about this.

And I just remembered, you like nuclear power, right? I recently saw a new government plan being revealed here in Germany, there were talks about not just closing our last nuclear power plant next year, but also extending the exit plan to include the nuclear fuel factories producing reactor fuel for our neighbors. Apparently it's hypocrisy to close our nuke plants but still supply the ones being build around us!

There's also a plan to establish a German-lead EU initiative to convince neighboring states to also exit nuclear power. Additionally, more effort is supposed to be put into expanding renewables.

So not only are we staying the course on exiting nuclear power, we are doubling down and are planning to start a propaganda-effort to triple down on exiting nuclear power so hard the rest of the EU will get dragged along by it! :v:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I have come to an agreement with the leader of the Chrysopidae.

The Pflanzs will be umtopfed, but only during the daytime, there shall be no disturbance of their nocturnal labor. If I adhere to this agreement, there will be no intrusion of my bodily cavities and orifices, I am assured of this.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

RickRogers posted:

You should have received permanent residency though if you have a German wife or kid. After three years, even.
No B1?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have come to an agreement with the leader of the Chrysopidae.

The Pflanzs will be umtopfed, but only during the daytime, there shall be no disturbance of their nocturnal labor. If I adhere to this agreement, there will be no intrusion of my bodily cavities and orifices, I am assured of this.

We can't rule out that they're licking you tho

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Libluini posted:

I've posted pictures on our Discord because this is getting silly: My cat Amber somehow was playing with a third mouse in my apartment when I came back.

So, either there is still some unknown tiny hole the little buggers moonwalk in I haven't found yet, or she somehow managed to collect three little mice in a row without harming them. Three totally fearless and healthy mice.

I even watched in amazement as Amber put a paw on the mouse, then her jaws around its neck, only to playfully fake-bite it like she bites my hand. And then she just lifted the paw and let the mouse go! Afterwards she immediately started running around and searching for the mouse again. It was both adorable and kind of scary. :stare:

I eventually collected the tiny thing and transported it to the nearby forest. I'm now preparing for mouse 4 in the coming months.

To recap, by "mysterious" (but probably cat-related) means three mice ended up in my apartment since I got Amber last year. Every time the same thing: The mouse gets at worst batted around like a tennis-ball, but when I later catch and untersuch it, the mouse is perfectly fine and healthy, without a single scratch. Then the mouse gets transferred to the nearest owl feeder forest.

Are you sure it's not the same mouse? Supposedly mice are pretty good at finding back to their old home. Maybe Amber and the mouse are friends and you are interrupting their play time :3: Also, if the mouse didn't bite the poo poo out of your fingers, it's your friend too. Speaking from experience.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

We can't rule out that they're licking you tho

Yeah, well, I don't see you doing anything about it. :colbert:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

When the :catdrugs: hit

:hmmyes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Plankalkuel posted:

Are you sure it's not the same mouse? Supposedly mice are pretty good at finding back to their old home. Maybe Amber and the mouse are friends and you are interrupting their play time :3: Also, if the mouse didn't bite the poo poo out of your fingers, it's your friend too. Speaking from experience.

I'd be seriously impressed! But the mouse also needs magical powers, considering all three mice had different sizes. And considering basically everything not a mouse wants to eat a mouse, traveling the 3+ km distance between forest and our house also needs some serious bad mojo. Maybe it is some kind of phase mouse, capable of moving through hyperspace in short jumps? :v:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Libluini posted:

I'd be seriously impressed! But the mouse also needs magical powers, considering all three mice had different sizes. And considering basically everything not a mouse wants to eat a mouse, traveling the 3+ km distance between forest and our house also needs some serious bad mojo. Maybe it is some kind of phase mouse, capable of moving through hyperspace in short jumps? :v:

Is it getting bigger or smaller?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

Is it getting bigger or smaller?

I can't remember the first mouse exactly, but the third mouse was definitely smaller than the second. (Mice 1-2 maybe were identical, because the first mouse I just put into the garden.)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Libluini posted:

I can't remember the first mouse exactly, but the third mouse was definitely smaller than the second. (Mice 1-2 maybe were identical, because the first mouse I just put into the garden.)

Needs a lot of reaction mass to travel 3 km. Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Still looking for animal crisis actors everywhere.