Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Simone Magus posted:

What's really weird is that they stopped renting games, which I would have thought was a big chunk of their business

Maybe it's a money laundering operation like those mattress places

nah money laundering is a pain in the rear end with something involving royalties and rapid depreciation. Maybe on the real low end but anything useful would eventually trigger 314b and probably a SAR filing once the cash is compared to the SAF receipts or whoever.

Laundering money is easiest through real estate, sectoral cash business like western union etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

fridge corn posted:

Ahhhhh the nameless king :supaburn:

You can do it! It took me a day of heavy work. Get the dragon down to the point you only need to use one or two flasks if any. The dragon phase is really honestly easy once you learn. The one thing that really helped me was keep your lock on the king. Not the dragon. That way you can see when he throws lightning, swings at you, everything. When the dragon blows fire run inside it towards his right side of his head and wail at him. Also, stay close to it but don’t get underneath it. Getting too far away or any further under it than beyond its neck will cause it to do its giant fire AOA which is near impossible to evade and/or survive. At about half health it staggers, crit it in the eye, immediately run towards it and r1 its head while its still laying down for that split second left and you’ll often kill it with that split second hit.

The nameless king thankfully has pretty straight and easy timing, in that nearly all of his attacks have the same timing from weapon rise to actual strike. That helps a lot. You can run far away from him whenever you need to heal. That helps a lot. Run far away. You can block one or two of his swings before dodging the third before striking (if you’re specc’d for this and using a good anti lightning shield), which helps too. Dodge his lightning attacks so you end up kind of behind him to wail on him a bit. It’s really a lot of getting in one maybe two hits (using a fast broadsword or greatsword helps a ton) before block/dodging his attacks and immediately striking just once or twice again. Don’t get greedy, at all. It’s a long fight of single hits at a time. He does stagger every so often and then you can wail for a minute. Run your rear end off to heal and expect some crazy distance closing but easily dodged flying attack right after you’re done chugging. Keep it up and you’ll kill him through endurance alone.

It was an amazing fight and it’s super worth it to keep at it until you get it. The lightning spear you can transpose from his soul loving owns. And the armor does too. And just knowing you bested one of the hardest bosses in the franchise.

I would absolutely be down for a PNW goon meet. I know a few destiny goons that would definitely be in. One in PDX, two in Seattle.

Who here has played Detroit: Become Human? I installed it and started playing it because it’s on PS Now and I never tried it. I can’t really call it a game, per say, more like an interactive tv show experience. It’s like, the logical conclusion to the Netflix Black Mirror bandersnatch episode but if they gave every viewer a controller. But, wtf, the stories are really good and emotional. Also, loving Bishop from Aliens is in it!! And I played like 3 hours of it without even noticing! Probably just a breath of easy air after all the dark souls. Is it worth it in the end? I think I just killed Bishop’s son :(

I have this weird suspicion and god I hope I’m wrong that the robots are actually humans that are heavily brainwashed, cyborg altered so they don’t eat or poop, mind controlled by the thing on their temple, and are starting to regress and break through to being human again. That would be loving wild. But it’s probably just your run of the mill robot uprising, instead.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 13, 2021

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Currently having just as much fun with dark souls 2 as I was dark souls. :3: looking forward to soul Sunday!

Every single time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

pumped up for school posted:

Did this one close?

North Pole, AK. I took that Black Friday 2017.

Awww I have horrible memories of that particular location, although I did buy a Twin Peaks DVD box set there

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Woke up thinking about Dark Souls. Also showed lady vg that ace parry I did and she was actually impressed.

Cannot believe I spent a solid five hours just having fun around the place. It is definitely a slightly different game from the first but not (so far) so drastic as to have me missing things. I will have to make notes of how I feel. My GOTY list this year has the potential to have five From games on it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dark souls. :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:darksouls:

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

If I finished every FromSoftware game for the first time in the space of a year I'd probably count that as a pretty successful year at least a little bit.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

veni veni veni posted:

There used to be this strip mall chinese place around here called Thousands of Woks, but you could see they just used the previous sign when they moved in and wrote Woks over "Videos" lol.

AHAHAHA what the gently caress that's hilarious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Redezga posted:

If I finished every FromSoftware game for the first time in the space of a year I'd probably count that as a pretty successful year at least a little bit.

Good luck with the PS1 Armored Cores

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Ahhhhh the nameless king :supaburn:

He's a loving prick. Badass looking fight tho

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blind Rasputin posted:

Every single time

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Every single time

Dark Souls 2 fans: Cool and good
Others: Bad men

Checks out :hmmyes:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dark Souls 2 fans: Cool and good
Others: Bad men

Checks out :hmmyes:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat I fuckin loved Daredevil and Luke Cage

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

He's a loving prick. Badass looking fight tho

I bet it looks cool if I could actually see it!! :argh: camera!!! :argh:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
VG's stream last night was fun, it made me chuckle that he ignored the first few fog doors because I did the same thing assuming it'd be bosses when it's actually tutorials. All these little slight differences on how DS1 works from the movement being a bit more weighty to the change-up in healing dynamics, its just great.

edit edit: it really feels like a "Dark Souls 2" and not a "Dark Souls 1: part 2" in a the same way sequels used to feel back in the day before they started cranking out 18 assassins creed games in a row that feel and look the exact same.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i like all 4 souls games and bloodborne. they are all very very good. even 2. gfy if you disagree.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nameless king phase 2 is really annoying cuz his attack wind up is so slow I'm always dodging too early and getting smacked around

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nameless king genuinely took me over 100 tries

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got him down pretty low and had a good rhythm going on but ran out of estus. I'm still taking too many hits in phase 1

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Phase 2 reminds me a lot of ds1 gwyn where hes aggressive but fairly straightforward but does so much damage that you cant afford to gently caress up too many times

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You basically have to perfect phase 1 to the point where you're taking no hits, it took me hours.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Nameless King harder than Sword Saint Ishiin?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah I had wicked fun with you all and the game itself is far better than the one I had built up in my mind after absorbing all the comments I have seen over the years.

I know I am very easy going on games in general but I do prefer when a game completely changes things up for the next to just doing the same thing again. Same thing again is what expansion packs are for :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Yeah I had wicked fun with you all and the game itself is far better than the one I had built up in my mind after absorbing all the comments I have seen over the years.

I know I am very easy going on games in general but I do prefer when a game completely changes things up for the next to just doing the same thing again. Same thing again is what expansion packs are for :)

How much farther did you get after i went bed? Last I saw you had just gotten to no mans wharf

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

How much farther did you get after i went bed? Last I saw you had just gotten to no mans wharf

I spent a bunch of time down there. Then after a few deaths to the spindly boys I went back to the giants area and I explored the root and got the mansion key and went in there briefly. I still have the pursuer to face and whatever is at the back of the mansion to face :) and then wherever else I open up and explore from doing that!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Nameless king genuinely took me over 100 tries

wow video games can be such a waste of time

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rinkles posted:

I don't know about you but I'm passing all these trophies to my kids.

They need to fight over who gets what from the will though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Is Nameless King harder than Sword Saint Ishiin?

Not for me :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

can you imagine a world without video games

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Soul of Cinder was harder for me than Nameless King. Because every single attack animation of Cinder guy is a different timing and gently caress was phase 1 brutal for me. Phase 1 of NK I had down to a near perfect dance in just 10-20 attempts. The dragon has like 3 moves and if you keep your lock on NK so you can see him swing you can easily dodge all his attacks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

can you imagine a world without video games

Wow that sucks. Where are the guns? Where are the headshots? I can't wait to kill kill kill!!!!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I thought Nameless King phase two was a lot easier than phase one. He's slow and all his moves are heavily telegraphed like a Dark Souls 1 boss so iframing through everything is fairly predictable at least. Phase one has so much bad camera bullshit. I feel like I'm pretty OP though since there are no more bosses left other than Soul of Cinder (other than the DLC) and I have a lot of health and a +10 Sharp Sellsword Twinblade with 40 dex.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

exquisite tea posted:

Wow that sucks. Where are the guns? Where are the headshots? I can't wait to kill kill kill!!!!

None of those in For Honor, which has embraced its ridiculosity and gone full ham. I always liked it (a fightgames I can actually play!) but now that my golden halberd man has the option of pancake flipping you off the nearest ledge or home run swinging you through a rainbow I think this game is mostly built for my personal amusement.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus, gently caress stage 7 of Turok, hope you saved all your lives for these bottomless pits.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Jesus, gently caress stage 7 of Turok, hope you saved all your lives for these bottomless pits.

Hahaha this is where I gave up

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My life is a bottomless pit. I was born in it. Molded by it.

For I am a millennial.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VideoGames posted:

Awwwwwwww yeaaahhhhhh :D

I went handaxe all the way up to +10 until the ... Bloodborne Boyz? I might have to come up with a new name for the goons who watch and help....took me to blighttown to get me the great club. After that I put away my shield and twohanded a club from here till the end!!

I’m so nervous about blighttown lmao. I’ve heard all the stories and seen some clips and well. Alright, I’m in!

Cardiovorax posted:

The generic rear end longsword is actually a pretty drat good weapon! If you upgrade it fully, you can stick with sword you started with all game long and do just fine.

I really like it. It’s classic and dead simple. Has some solid attacks and feels like a decent range for me. Can’t ask for much more!

PantsBandit posted:

Nice! Yeah I think the DS1 bosses all have that great feeling of "ok I lost but if I do this, this, and this differently I think I can beat this."

The Bell Gargoyles specifically ease you into positioning, capitalizing on openings, and not just spamming dodge roll like crazy (because you'll throw yourself off the freakin' roof like a moron)

Yeah I picked up on that and decided that I’d really like to stick it through. I could tell that the game was giving me a very fair and instructive challenge so I met it face to face and came out more confident than ever. It was a really fun fight honestly.

I’m approaching a zen like connection to the Capra Demon boss run. On one hand, holy gently caress I’m only starting to get my bearings with this nasty friend and their dogs after a bunch of embarrassing deaths. One the other I understand why some people like the routine of death->boss run. Every trip I try to be a little more efficient. It’s like a game in a game. Oddly relaxing once I’m at the point of the enemies in between not worrying me too much. Of course that’s when I get lazy and get my poo poo handed to me by MORE DOGS. This happens... most of the time. Game is still more fun than it has ever been for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I feel like there’s a purposeful psychological science to the amount of distance they put between the bonfire and the boss. There’s always some quiet running to do. They know it’s those few seconds you’ll spend introspectively examining what you did right and wrong last run, taking a deep breath or two and getting re-centered before the current one. Those seconds of running may seem repetitive, but they’re vital. It’s genius in a way. We are what we walk between.