Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dongicus posted:

gayvius ice-rear end. mods?

put in a request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dongicus posted:

gayvius shitass lol

get a load of dongicuss over here

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

:d2a:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Still waiting on that list of Something Awful Moderator recognized genocides.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

indigi posted:

sure is weird how many mods turn out to be pedophiles or sex offenders and how touchy their replacements are when this is brought up. almost seems defensive

art imitates life. something awful moderators imitate us government

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Piss flips

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Still waiting on that list of Something Awful Moderator recognized genocides.
i found a list
https://www.state.gov/subjects/genocide/

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Lol that list is empty. Gotta free homex.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

lock her up

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

I don't know what kind of news sources you guys are tapped into. I'm sure NPR etc. are doing the standard thing you claim they're doing, and yes, I also believe that the recent claims of millions of holocausted Uighurs is likely extremely bogus. The thing is, I never hear about it except by way of a few people in C-SPAM going out of their way to deny it, and the original problem we all had with that is how gross it seems for people to be railing against a non-existent propaganda problem on C-SPAM by denying that the Chinese government has been oppressing the poo poo out of Muslims in Xinjiang for several decades. None of the cultural genocide/forced assimilation stuff is new. I wrote papers about it in college and none of the sources were right-wing cultists or whatever you guys are talking about. I think it's extremely hosed up to defend China on this issue because it doesn't fit your definition of genocide or you think it's all made up to justify war.

I agree that we should be focusing on our own backyard considering the similarities, but that's what I've been doing and I literally only hear about this issue from people defending China.
https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/10/06/unfavorable-views-of-china-reach-historic-highs-in-many-countries/

lmao npr, the nyt, wapo, et al are blasting out sinophobic garbage constantly and i literally see it in real time and it's filtering out into the mod buttons where they don't probe or ban people for supporting american concentration campers or genociders after these facts are pointed out to them while you will do it for not toeing american orthodoxy

you cant separate hitler from his genocides, in spite of his posthumous fans who try to do so

just admit the double standard means you are unpaid enforcers of state dept lines

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

twoday posted:

something rather nefarious is happening to the Uighurs

xi jinping cackles and twirls his moustache... he has strapped 10 thousand uighurs to train tracks through which a high speed train will shortly run. can dudley do - right, american soldier, save them this time ?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
i'm glad apropos got him

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

e-dt posted:

xi jinping cackles and twirls his moustache... he has strapped 10 thousand uighurs to train tracks through which a high speed train will shortly run. can dudley do - right, american soldier, save them this time ?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/10/06/unfavorable-views-of-china-reach-historic-highs-in-many-countries/

lmao npr, the nyt, wapo, et al are blasting out sinophobic garbage constantly and i literally see it in real time and it's filtering out into the mod buttons where they don't probe or ban people for supporting american concentration campers or genociders after these facts are pointed out to them while you will do it for not toeing american orthodoxy

you cant separate hitler from his genocides, in spite of his posthumous fans who try to do so

just admit the double standard means you are unpaid enforcers of state dept lines

woah i knew the rhetoric was having this effect but it's pretty scary exactly how much

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

e-dt posted:

dudley wasn't american and he loved genocide.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

as the liberal sinophobia increasingly ramps as china's economy ascends, skepticism of adrian zenz, falun gong, the state dept, and all the familiar propagandists who have lied us into every us-backed war, genocide, and coup will be conflated with genocide denial and a contingent on these forums will bray for punishment

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
who's gonna do the groverpost about the invasion tho

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

However, I have a sincere question for you. Like I said, I’m not an expert on China, but I’ve seen plenty of things which altogether suggest to me that something rather nefarious is happening to the Uighurs. And, being a cynic and pessimist at heart, I suspect it might be the worst. Do you have detailed counterarguments that go against the claims made in that wiki article on other sources, that I could look at? Something more substantial than “the west says so, thus it must be false”?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejxtu8Fkdso

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

boo boo bear posted:

dudley wasn't american and he loved genocide.

canada is in america ,so im right actually :smug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

it's no arfjason but i'll take it

Serf
May 5, 2011

gonna do some quick new testament whatboutism

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

as the liberal sinophobia increasingly ramps as china's economy ascends, skepticism of adrian zenz, falun gong, the state dept, and all the familiar propagandists who have lied us into every us-backed war, genocide, and coup will be conflated with genocide denial and a contingent on these forums will bray for punishment

love to watch libs not give a single loving poo poo as anti-asian hate crimes spike big time. love that my wife doesnt feel safe walking downtown anymore because of crazed rants about china by people who dont even loving speak chinese. very cool tbh

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I just want to say, I think Its good we're having a good faith discussion of this topic but to return to the original point I think it's bullshit that people got banned for it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

love to watch libs not give a single loving poo poo as anti-asian hate crimes spike big time. love that my wife doesnt feel safe walking downtown anymore because of crazed rants about china by people who dont even loving speak chinese. very cool tbh

quote:

Why are you so triggered with having the covid virus calles wuhan flu. If you find that too much then how about China Variant or Wuhan Variant despite originating from ground zero Wuhan.

Technically covid that erupted from ground zero is the base covid itself and mutations moving forward end up being called Variant. Philippine Variant, if it really is a Variant originating from the Ph, will make headlines if a lot of people from the Ph went and scattered all over the world for vacation purposes.

quote:

I know you're all about Political Correctness, but can't we even assign responsibility for this? The virus didn't come out of nothing, it emerged out of Wuhan, was not reported in time to the world by Chinese authorities. It did not sprout randomly across the globe.

Now the whole world has been suffering grave casualties after 1 year, 2.59 million people dead to be exact, mainland China, not even 5,000.

And the Chinese authorities can't even be contrite and assume some responsibility for the virus that emerged from them? Maybe help the world recover from this blight instead of targeting a 6% growth rate and replacing the US as the World's NO 1 economy? Because that's just being a good neighbor; that's what a good citizen nation of the world does.

When does the need to be PC end, and the need to assign and assume responsibility begin?

quote:

Hmm, let's face it, the CCP has both an indirect and direct effect on the spread of this virus. Even the SARS of 2003, it was hidden from the world by the CCP for months, before a doctor, patient zero brought it to HongKong. So yeaaa, I think China is deliberately responsible for 2 pandemics.

quote:

Filipinos and other Asians might want to put on their origin country flags or even tags to differentiate themselves from the Chinese in the US. Because people there are scared and angry. And they have reason to be. Imagine more than half-a-million dead Americans in just a year, and nearly 800,000 cases that can spread the pandemic even more, and a record pandemic-wrought economic recession to deal with. People on short leashes would surely lash out against people of Chinese ethnicity.

In the meantime:

China was the only country affected by Covid-19 lockdown to emerge in positive economic growth in 2020, while many developed nations including Malaysia to see a contraction in Gross Domestic Product numbers.

This year it aims to expand its economy by over 6 percent, building on the strong tailwind from success in containing COVID-19, this was conveyed during the gathering of lawmakers in Beijing recently. https://themalaysianews.com/china-expects-economic-growth-over-6-in-2021/

Extremely low COVID casualties, heightened economic growth, an express wish to overtake the US as the World's No 1 economy sooner-rather-than-later. Hmmm...IDK, it seems pretty fishy to me.

quote:

Have those numerous scientists explained the phenomenally low numbers for China? the surge in economic activity implies they haven't been stringent in their lockdown as we have.

I know it's a coronavirus, I'm not disputing that. Can a coronavirus not be engineered? And if it's not engineered, let's say we step away from China for a bit, since they're giving, as you say underreported data, what about in the US. I've examined the statistics for COVID-19 casualties according to race and it seems the virus seems to have an affinity for whites, then African-Americans, then latinos with East Asians, Pacific Islanders and native Alaskans/ Americans being the least-affected. For example this one from National Public Radio (NPR) So what gives? A virus deliberately targeting it seems the non-Chinese.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

im not joking when im asking this: are these pulled from stormfront or d&d?

Serf
May 5, 2011

the increasing wave of sinophobia that is rooted in concerns over china as a threat to american hegemony but is couched in terms of humanitarian concern (by a country that routinely has police officers kill black people with no repercussions, operates concentration camps on the border, promotes right-wing death squads in central and south america, imprisons a disproportionate amount of minorities for use as slave labor and literally granted immunity to the monsters in unit 731) is in reality no different than trump calling covid the kung flu

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the whooping and hollering for punishing "genocide denial" by some people i recognize who scolded others for not supporting biden is just...lol...lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

im not joking when im asking this: are these pulled from stormfront or d&d?

these were taken from my local social media

I am uncomfortable, to say the least, about how this sort of rhetoric is escalating

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

these were taken from my local social media

I am uncomfortable, to say the least, about how this sort of rhetoric is escalating

yellow peril 2, this time its woke

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
https://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/status/1228361818281656326?s=20

Thanks Josh!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*humming to npr talking about how china made the pandemic worse by nefariously hiding information; ominous drones*

i dont see what those stalinists on cspam are talkinga bout

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
The Mod Team renamed the Blizzard subforum to "Free Hong Kong" for like half a year lmao.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Prince Myshkin posted:

The Mod Team renamed the Blizzard subforum to "Free Hong Kong" for like half a year lmao.

its honestly reprehensible that the blizzard subforum remains open. or that we allow any discussion of engaging with the products of companies that do business with china. i expect better from this forum

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Prince Myshkin posted:

distinctly remember seeing people talk about how brave people were to say that during video game tournaments or whatever, and imagining what their reaction would be if it was 'free palestine' instead lol

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

it rules that serious people believe that the State Department gives a single gently caress about human rights beyond utility as a weapon

i know it's twenty years ago, but i remember, i remember when it became shittier to be a muslim or 'look muslim' in the united states, when friends had to worry about being alone. it's awesome that some people still can't feel safe having big beards, wonderful that people are still imprisoned without trial in Guantanmo, that there were never any weapons of mass destruction and Colin Powel is good now instead of a name damned forever

like everyone else, i guess i'm supposed to forget that Chelsea Manning revealed that the state was perfectly okay with giving children away as bribes to Afghani warlords. or forget the liberation of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen. or that that the state department is fine with gulf states that are based on slavery, where women have no rights, where no one has the vote

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

forums replace "whataboutism" with "context"

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
what about how the US treats native americans right now

Serf
May 5, 2011

thotsky posted:

what about how the US treats native americans right now

we genocided them in the past, which makes it okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I appreciate that we have hard evidence of Italians as a whole not really paying attention or giving a poo poo, just staying anti-China the whole time regardless of what happens lol