Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

KENTA still believes in legacy media

Was shocked to discover Suzuki reads the latest One Piece chapters online only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs Shingo Takagi New Japan Cup 13.03

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

BEEF BEEF BEEF

2nd. They delivered EXACTLY what was promised and it was as good as I hoped it would be.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Nth. Just two big dudes beating the hell outta each other.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW New Japan Cup, 13/03

Honestly my least favourite Shingo match this year but it's still a MOTYC cause that's the level he's on right now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lily Catts posted:

HM: Fred Rosser vs JR Kratos, New Japan Strong 3/13

Pretty good, both men kept surprising me all throughout.

Nth. Enjoyed a lot.

Cerebral Bore posted:

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Nth. Christ Almighty.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Cerebral Bore posted:

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Rarity posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 13/03

Strong start and strong finish but it kinda dipped in the middle unfortunately

Nth to both

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup March 13th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hirooki Goto

HM
Suzuki-gun (Douki, Taichi and Zach Sabre Jr) vs United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb and Great O-Kharn)

Beefy bois doing beefy things is extremely up my alley. Didn't really connect with MiSu/Kenta until the final minutes and then it just ended

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Njpw strong 13.3

Hm: Fred Rosser vs JR Kratos

Njpw new japan cup 13.3

HM: Kenta v Suzuki

Motyc: Shingo v goto

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All from 3/3 Stardom All Star Cinderella Anniversary

HM: AZM vs Natsupoi
HM: Nanae Takahashi vs. Momo Watanabe

Two great short matches and very different, one a fast paced opener, while Momo and Nanae just threw bombs at each other in a firey wild match.

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko

Not quite as good as the best Mayu matches last year but she always manages to look like she's been killed and up the drama. Great stuff

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani

MOTYC: Giulia vs. Tam Nakano

What a perfect main event. Tam has been trying so hard to win the big one and has especially been unsuccessful vs Giulia, and here with everything on the line the ultimate underdog she finally does it. Giulia is great as a bully and Tam is great as the pure hearted babyface, especially afterwards. Also one of the best Steiner Screwdrivers I have seen in years!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

If you've not seen it then I really recommend taking the time to enjoy this match: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1254y1a7eX

Also, please appreciate the original Kick Boy theme while you're at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTcSfR1vbWQ

I already nominated it but yeah this is my current match of 2021 right now. Ishida is great as has been stated, and Shun, at least in ring wise, is one of the top 10 maybe even top 5, wrestlers in the world right now. His selling and pacing is out of this world.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Glad to see this match getting a little more love because it's bonkers & it's all Kasai. This is probably the best match of Yoshitatsu's career that didn't also feature Kento Miyahara either as opponent or tag partner and I don't think Crazy Monkey got enough credit for that.

Yeah, Kasai was amazing in that match - just looked like a total star and had as good of an effort as I've seen of his. It also avoids the deathmatch poo poo I hate - I can't stomach stuff much more hardcore than the last Mox-Omega match, and outside of sticking wooden skewers in Tatsu's forehead for a bit it was free of that stuff.

Here it is. Please check it out if you have time. I think it's about as good as the ladder match from the last AEW PPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyK3MJLEH30

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

N/L Kingiest of the Ringiest 3/13

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. KUSHIDA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HM: TJP (C) vs Ace Austin for the Impact X-Division title - Impact Sacrifice 3/13

Pylons posted:

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Jun Kasai vs. Yoshitatsu, AJPW New Year Wars Night 2, Jan 3

MassRafTer posted:

All from 3/3 Stardom All Star Cinderella Anniversary

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani

nthing all of these

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Takashi Iizuka
MOTYC: Yoshihiro Takayama vs Tomohiro Ishii

A legit super hype tournament, that final was the final that we needed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Njpw strong 13.3

Hm: Fred Rosser vs JR Kratos

Njpw new japan cup 13.3

HM: Kenta v Suzuki

Motyc: Shingo v goto

Yeah agreed

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: TJP (c) vs. Ace Austin for the X-Division Championship for the Impact X-Division Championship
HM: The Good Brothers (c) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
HM: Rich Swann (c) vs. Moose for the Impact World Championship

all from Impact Wrestling Sacrifice, 3/13

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

HM: TJP (c) vs. Ace Austin for the X-Division Championship for the Impact X-Division Championship
HM: The Good Brothers (c) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
HM: Rich Swann (c) vs. Moose for the Impact World Championship

all from Impact Wrestling Sacrifice, 3/13

Nth to all.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

MassRafTer posted:

3/3 Stardom All Star Cinderella Anniversary

Nth to these but I'm going to go MOTYC for Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: SANADA vs. Yuji Nagata, NJPW New Japan Cup, 14/03

I'm down for this plan of putting SANADA in a bunch of matches with people who push him out of his comfort zone by beating the poo poo out of him for real

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: SANADA vs Yuji Nagata New Japan Cup 14.03

A very solid match. Nagata's still got it and SANADA is good as usual.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Will Ospreay New Japan Cup 14.03

This was one of the slickest matches I've ever seen. These guys have perfect chemistry and just racked up the most incredible reversals on reversals and the sickest moves I ever saw.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW New Japan Cup, 14/03

Zack is just incredible holy poo poo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Great Voyage in Fukuoka March 14th

HM

Kongoh (Kenoh, Nioh and Haoh) vs Kazuyuki Fujita, Nosawa Rongai and Kendo Kashin
- A delightfully entertaining mess
Seiki Yoshioka (c) vs Atsushi Kotoge - GHC Jr Heavyweight Title
- Probably the most i've enjoyed Kotoge since I got back into NOAH. Seiki was a cool kickboy as always
Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Kaito Kiyomiya - GHC Heavyweight Title
- Started good, had some cool moments, then ran 5-10 minutes too long and made me miss the start of the DDT Show which is unforgivable

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Kongoh (Kenoh, Nioh and Haoh) vs Kazuyuki Fujita, Nosawa Rongai and Kendo Kashin
- Probably the most i've enjoyed Kotoge since I got back into NOAH. Seiki was a cool kickboy as always
- Started good, had some cool moments, then ran 5-10 minutes too long and made me miss the start of the DDT Show which is unforgivable

nth the first two but the third was a loving debacle all the way down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

This was one of the slickest matches I've ever seen. These guys have perfect chemistry and just racked up the most incredible reversals on reversals and the sickest moves I ever saw.

2nd. Goddammit why does Ospreay have to be such a good wrestler :mad:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth they have incredible chemistry

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth on match quality for all of these but the ending to Mutoh / Kiyomiya sucked ALL the air out of the room.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata, Barbed Wire Coffin Match. DDT Daydream Believer, March 14

This match was absurd and graphic and silly and superbly performed. Lots of very very stupid stunts that ended up elevating both guys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata, Barbed Wire Coffin Match. DDT Daydream Believer, March 14

This match was absurd and graphic and silly and superbly performed. Lots of very very stupid stunts that ended up elevating both guys.

nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Lamuella posted:

nth, match ruled.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Day Dream Believer March 14th
MOTYC
Shunma Katsumata (c) vs Chris Brookes - DDT Extreme Title Barbed Wire Coffin Deathmatch
- Good job you crazy fuckers

HM
Akito, Kazuki Hirata and Shota (c) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Yuji Hino) - KO-D 6-Man Tag Titles
- Just a real good 6-man. I particularly enjoyed the spots centered around man mountain Hino but aside to a tiny bit of sloppiness from Soma everyone was sharp.
Yuki Ueno (c) vs Yusuke Okada - DDT Universal Champion
- I wish this match was longer. Yuki is real good as always and Okada made the most out of his opportunity

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

- I wish this match was longer. Yuki is real good as always and Okada made the most out of his opportunity

Seconding this, I really dug that match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Akito, Kazuki Hirata and Shota (c) vs Damnation (Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao and Yuji Hino) - KO-D 6-Man Tag Titles
- Just a real good 6-man. I particularly enjoyed the spots centered around man mountain Hino but aside to a tiny bit of sloppiness from Soma everyone was sharp.

nth to these too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup March 14th
MOTYC

Will Ospreay vs Zack Sabre Jr
- It's almost as if these two are great wrestlers or something. I think I enjoyed Shunma/Chris more today, but that's not to say that this wasn't a phenominal wrestling match to rewatch in the future.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Day Dream Believer March 14th
MOTYC
Shunma Katsumata (c) vs Chris Brookes - DDT Extreme Title Barbed Wire Coffin Deathmatch
- Good job you crazy fuckers

HM

nth

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth but want to add from the same show
HM
Shiozaki, Suzuki, Marufuji & Sugiura vs Nakajima, Soya, Kitamiya & Tadasuke

as the nakajima vs Shiozaki stuff along with Kenoh's temper tantrum earlier were the highlight of the entire show for me.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW New Japan Cup, 14/03

Zack is just incredible holy poo poo

Nth! Great match with the bonus of Ospreay busting up his nose bad and creating some great visuals during ZSJ's submissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looks like we've got six MOTYC nods for Shunma Katsumata Vs Chris Brookes, who wants to be the hero that get them over the line? It's got crazy barbed wire bumps, Druids carrying a coffin with Lego stuck to the outside, and multiple people in Joker facepaint. And also a smooth as hell finishing spot that could have gone wrong in various ways ranging from seriously injuring one of the participants to destroying the coffin which was the matches win condition. If you haven't watched it, do that ASAP. It was an absolute delight.