Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Did Skinner fake being in Afghanistan now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's much too late for simpsons to die with dignity but at least julie kavner can rest easy

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

Did Skinner fake being in Afghanistan now?

Tonight, on an all new episode episode of The Simpsons, Grandpa recalls his days fighting Saddam Hussein during Operation Desert Storm!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

I should include clips so you stop getting ideas that The Simpsons might be OK now

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1368785075907792898

This was not made by any human. This was made by some AI designed for something completely else.
Yeardley Smith is totally tired doing her lines in this, no energy at all.

And it has two scratch sound effects for no reason at all.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Now Homer is a millennial I keep thinking that we’re all Frank Grimes these days

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just lol at homer being into hiphop, you know he'd really just be an overweight kid with an open Hawaiian shirt over a white vneck and a flannel tied around his waist

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

happyhippy posted:

This was not made by any human. This was made by some AI designed for something completely else.
Yeardley Smith is totally tired doing her lines in this, no energy at all.

And it has two scratch sound effects for no reason at all.

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE...HOMER GETS TRAPPED DOWN A WELL IN THE SERIES FINALE CLIP SHOW AND HE IS SAVED BY u/DEEPFUCKINGVALUE"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Homer is now younger than Bart and Lisa were for Hullabalooza

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

brugroffil posted:

Homer is now younger than Bart and Lisa were for Hullabalooza

I had that thought about 30 minutes ago. They should kill the Simpsons and do a spinoff with Homer and Marge as kids. Kind of like the Flintstones Comedy Hour but in reverse. Or like the Muppet Babies, I guess? It would still be awful, but at least it would be a new and fresh kind of awful.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Here's the thing - Homer's 90s references don't make sense for his age. In the show, his age hovers around 34-36 - which means he wouldn't be listening to the Humpty Dance because he would have been too young for that. Instead, he would have been listening to loving Crazy Town or Limp Bizkit... oh god, I'm Homer Simpson's age...

Maybe if Homer was in his mid-40s, it might make sense.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

homer has posters for specific songs

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I also wore shirts that said the name of my favorite music genres as a teen. Not band shirts. Just genres.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Here's the thing - Homer's 90s references don't make sense for his age. In the show, his age hovers around 34-36 - which means he wouldn't be listening to the Humpty Dance because he would have been too young for that. Instead, he would have been listening to loving Crazy Town or Limp Bizkit... oh god, I'm Homer Simpson's age...

Homer's age kept going up as the show went on and hit 40 by season 18. Still too young but now days the people writing the show at this point are also probably too young for any of that

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I also wore shirts that said the name of my favorite music genres as a teen. Not band shirts. Just genres.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cemetry Gator posted:

I thought he was closer to 38, which is my age. If he were listening to hip hop, he'd probably be into Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Biggie, Busta Rhymes, stuff like that. That's what I remember as being popular hip hop when I was a teenager.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kill is also my favourite genre

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I thought he was closer to 38, which is my age. If he were listening to hip hop, he'd probably be into Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Biggie, Busta Rhymes, stuff like that. That's what I remember as being popular hip hop when I was a teenager.

It varies actually. It keeps going up.

But yeah, all the stuff they're referencing is early 90s. Realistically, Homer should be listening to Wu Tang instead.

As long as they never have him listening to NiN, there's still hope.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cemetry Gator posted:

It varies actually. It keeps going up.

But yeah, all the stuff they're referencing is early 90s. Realistically, Homer should be listening to Wu Tang instead.

As long as they never have him listening to NiN, there's still hope.

Too bad Marilyn Manson is a giant creep (what a shocker!), because that could have been a "great" guest spot.

Teenager Homer: Wow! It's shock rocker Marilyn Manson!
MM: Hello Homer! I'm here to help you with your science fair project! *pulls out one of his ribs*

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Kill is also my favourite genre

The Gorillaz!? What are you doing in Springfield?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

pooch516 posted:

The Gorillaz!? What are you doing in Springfield?

NO

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Other posted:

Homer's age kept going up as the show went on and hit 40 by season 18. Still too young but now days the people writing the show at this point are also probably too young for any of that

I’m 41, and I had Sex Packets and Naughty by Nature on cassette when I was 10 and 11, so it’s not entirely unbelievable that Homer would know of those groups, but in that pic he looks 20 or so, which would make him early 50s today.

Riptor posted:

homer has posters for specific songs

Yeah, those posters are based on the singles for the songs. I’m sure posters like that existed, but they were probably for record stores and radio stations instead of ordinary consumers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1370927728615038979?s=20

Maybe that should be the final episode.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Wow! It's rapper Shock G from the Digital Underground! Hey, how come I never see you and Humpty Hump hanging out?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gently caress. You.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there is no canon. the Simpsons can be anything. episodes of the Flintstones are episodes of the Simpsons. episodes of Are You Being Served are the Simpsons. a memory of a summer kiss is the Simpsons. your recurring dream about ants is the Simpsons.

tune into my dick and balls, 8 PM Eastern / 7 Central, brought to you by Verizon.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Empty Sandwich posted:

Wow! It's rapper Shock G from the Digital Underground! Hey, how come I never see you and Humpty Hump hanging out?

This is the Simpsons we’re talking about here. It’s Mock B from Cybernetic Down Below and his pals Insubordinate by the Environment.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

You Are A Elf posted:

This is the Simpsons we’re talking about here. It’s Mock B from Cybernetic Down Below and his pals Insubordinate by the Environment.

Migital Mundermound

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Homer doesn't seem like he'd be that much of a hip hop fan, but hey, what do I know?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Riptor posted:

Migital Mundermound

With its dancer, Mumac Mamur

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
"Hey, it's Mowtax, founder of the online forum Momething Mawful! What's he doing inside that dumpster?"

"What did I do to deserve this? Oh, right."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Empty Sandwich posted:

there is no canon. the Simpsons can be anything. episodes of the Flintstones are episodes of the Simpsons. episodes of Are You Being Served are the Simpsons. a memory of a summer kiss is the Simpsons. your recurring dream about ants is the Simpsons.

tune into my dick and balls, 8 PM Eastern / 7 Central, brought to you by Verizon.

There is no Homer Simpson. There is Miguel Santorini, and he is a 7 foot dwarf with diamonds for eyes. Now there is Justin Farley, Queen of Rugby and the only horse in town. Now there is Gitgook Saddydanga and its colony of human bees. Now there is an unknowable entity gyrating endlessly in the gaps between your thoughts. There has never been a Homer Simpson. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I had that thought about 30 minutes ago. They should kill the Simpsons

:hmmyes:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
reminder that even i (an idiot) can produce better simpsons content than the simpsons from one of my threads last year

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

the simpsons rpg was better than some of the worst good episodes to be fair

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

I too have a shirt that says -qiH qoH

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

hope, fired, blunder, etc

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ALFbrot posted:

why should the mirrors respect continuity either

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like that the people in charge of one of the most profitable and iconic things on TV right now literally seem to not understand the difference between having canon and having a rigid timeline where everything has a place and explanation and poo poo.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ALFbrot posted:

If he was to turn around and that is what his shirt says that could actually be a joke. I'm guessing it wont be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Plant MONSTER. posted:

reminder that even i (an idiot) can produce better simpsons content than the simpsons from one of my threads last year

That’s awesome, is there a link to the thread please?

This is a lazy response, especially from a show runner. I know the continuity was never perfect but it was a fun element of the show that helped build the universe. Feels like “eh, we can leave an hour earlier if we don’t care.”