Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also by the co-director of Shin Godzilla.

The scene where the thin laser wrecks the city was almost identical to Shin Godzilla so I figured there had to be some connection while watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

President evil

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We're getting closer and closer to finally realizing the promise of The Resident of Evil Creek.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

the police station has card suit keys? dunno

Yep. In the game you need to find keys that have the different card suits on them.

I hope this new Resident Evil movie keeps true to the old games, especially the acting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVyOCssIXgQ

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also by the co-director of Shin Godzilla.

I’ve always thought a Hollywood live action Evangelion would be cool but if the last decade has taught me anything it’s that Higuchi and Anno should just make it themselves

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Frankly, with the last Rebuild movie having just come put, I think Anno's done with Eva. Especially since he's living his dream now by making an Ultraman.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He’s never done with EVA as long as there is money to be made

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Frankly, with the last Rebuild movie having just come put, I think Anno's done with Eva. Especially since he's living his dream now by making an Ultraman.

Wait did it come out???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Wait did it come out???

Just came out in Japan.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sometimes the marketing department just throws up its hands.

"You dug 'Mash'... right?"

A little late but this movie does indeed rule

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I know the whole "this looks like a joke movie from X" bit is getting old, but that is one fake looking movie.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

They both look so unprepared and ambivalent about catching Uma.

Wait a a second, they’re on top of a skyscraper, where is Uma falling from?!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looks like a prime candidate for a sequel to Ayoade on Top

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A conservative radio host falls in love with the man trying to cancel her?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

it's not even about nurses or essential workers, it's about a bunch of new york media people making a movie about themselves

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Pretty sure that zero people want to see any movie or series taking place with covid as its focus for the next 10+ years.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mantis42 posted:

it's not even about nurses or essential workers, it's about a bunch of new york media people making a movie about themselves

Ah it’s a modernized Rent

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unless they plan to catch her by grabbing her ankles and hair they're too far apart.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

falz posted:

Pretty sure that zero people want to see any movie or series taking place with covid as its focus for the next 10+ years.

Sorta like how the Spanish Flu is basically ignored by the pop culture of the 1920s because no one really wanted to think about it.

Though by comparison to Spanish Flu (which was actually from Kansas) of mortality Covid is the sniffles.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I know these things are always a total photoshop mishmash, but it looks like they couldn't even get the same resolution for Colin Firth that they got for Uma and JDM. Like they're both photographed on pro cameras and hes an iphone selfie.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

falz posted:

Yea I saw that on HBO and I think I felt physically repulsed at the idea of watching that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I know these things are always a total photoshop mishmash, but it looks like they couldn't even get the same resolution for Colin Firth that they got for Uma and JDM. Like they're both photographed on pro cameras and hes an iphone selfie.

That's probably exactly what happened. Colin Firth and his publicist decided they liked that picture of him and force fed it to whatever print vendor they used and they tried their best but resolution is resolution and there's only so much you can do.

Sylvester Stallone did the same poo poo to us and that's how you get this train wreck

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Didn't HBO also recently put out a movie with Anne Hathaway (?) about being stuck in lockdown in a relationship that you were about to end? I couldn't think of anything less appealing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

Didn't HBO also recently put out a movie with Anne Hathaway (?) about being stuck in lockdown in a relationship that you were about to end? I couldn't think of anything less appealing.

Michael Bay produced that movie about how COVID mutates to be even worse, which is not something anyone wants to think about right now.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

falz posted:

I would recommend BBC sitcom staged, starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant. It takes place entirely over zoom in the actors own homes and is very good. I guess it's not really focused on covid, but the show is certainly framed by covid.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Tears In A Vial posted:

I would recommend BBC sitcom staged, starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant. It takes place entirely over zoom in the actors own homes and is very good. I guess it's not really focused on covid, but the show is certainly framed by covid.
I'll watch it in the 2030s then.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tears In A Vial posted:

Ah yes Good Home Mens

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Sylvester Stallone did the same poo poo to us and that's how you get this train wreck

I'm always so distracted by the sharp as hell shadow on his head, I almost don't notice the ear that appears to have reconstructed from scratch.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or that everyone else had to be derezzed to make it look intentional. Stallone found this image from a fan poster in Italy. What a debacle.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

davidspackage posted:

I'm always so distracted by the sharp as hell shadow on his head, I almost don't notice the ear that appears to have reconstructed from scratch.

To be fair it does say he took a bullet to the head.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

drat, what has happened to amy?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

She's lost in the huge grass

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

She's been turned into a chicken.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Lobok posted:

She's been turned into a chicken.

Clearly, but by what dark process?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spazzle posted:

Clearly, but by what dark process?

The same wizard that's keeping Owens head attached to his body, I'd guess.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

This movie is actually an alright drama, if I remember correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Owen Wilson pulled out of the eventual Jason Bateman role in Juno two days before he was supposed to start shooting and the producers sued him for breach of contract.