Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manuel Calavera posted:

Unfortunately, the Lorax also ended up spawning the tumblr sexyman. So it's a land of contrasts.

Wait what

SirSamVimes posted:

I wonder how all these chuds would feel if they saw Seuss' politoons which have a very anti-"America First" stance.

Garrison brought it up in his blurb for his Dr. Seuss cartoon, he said it was "cringe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Someone's blissfully unaware of the Onceler phenomenon. Please stay that way. Or don't, it's funny.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

lmao, Ishida going full mask off.

Mikl dear he went mask off around the time Trump got elected. Also lol I just learned he's blocked me on twitter.

Onceler Sexyman. You're welcome. :popcorn:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

Just straight up a chud strip now. What a weird journey for Ishida.

If by "weird" you mean "not just entirely predictable but repeatedly predicted," yes. TERFs always turn into chuds, because TERFs are just chuds that haven't realized they're chuds yet.

This duck is so constantly and casually bigoted that it got dropped from every mainstream platform. A Good Cartoon.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, of the Seuss books being pulled, it’s pretty much all B-list stuff at best. If they hadn’t said a word and just quietly stopping printing them, I imagine nobody would have even noticed. Given Suess’s own regret over his treatment of the Japanese throughout the 40s, I imagine he’d have made edits or stopped production himself.

At the library I work at I was talking to one of the children's librarians about this and she basically said that most of these books would have stopped being printed years ago. It was mainly the fact that they were written by Seuss that they kept being printed. The only titles I recognized from the six that were stopping publication were If I Ran the Zoo and And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.

Lodin posted:

While all this has been going on the Seuss books have been selling shitloads and it's not even the controversial books going out of print that people are snapping up. They literally believe that all of the authorship is going away so they har hamstering Cat in the Hat and Lorax books because FOX News told them to.
That in itself is pretty funny since most of the good Seuss books have pretty drat lefty morals.

The other thing she mentioned was that people where checking out the withdrawn books from libraries and then selling them online at high prices. Fortunately my library is currently in the process of constructing a larger children's room so most of those books were put in storage.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One thing I love about these “Millennials are good for nothing snowflakes unlike older generations because they are veterans of wars!” is how they completely ignore how it’s been millennials who have been stuck and now their children being stuck fighting the loving forever wars people like McCoy demanded happen while having no skin in the game

hey now, he threatened to fight a dude once on Twitter.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

To be fair, the Lorax movie spawned the Onceler fandom, and that’s probably because the movie with like 30 sponsors didn’t want to depict the young capitalist as too evil.

The book (and the original TV film, barring musical numbers that feel dated) are fine :colbert:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

If by "weird" you mean "not just entirely predictable but repeatedly predicted," yes. TERFs always turn into chuds, because TERFs are just chuds that haven't realized they're chuds yet.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well I mean, until you guys started posting this poo poo again recently my last memory of Sinfest was "edgy" racist misogynist poo poo so I can't say it's surprising.

I read Sinfest for a while like 10+ years ago, and one that always stuck with me was a very pro-Obama strip soon after his election. Now his strips look like they're being made by people who spent most of 2008-2016 depicting Obama as the antichrist.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"In Britain, even the good news offers scant comfort – The Harry and Meghan interview made the headlines, but Brexit and Covid-19 are the pressing issues"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Women tell men how to make them feel safe after Sarah Everard disappearance

Mail on Sunday:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Honestly looking at that patreon image someone posted a page or two back that shows Ishida's income I think he went full, mask off chud because he thinks there is money in it after he turned non-transphobes away from his 'art'.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

won't someone think of the poor actual literal Queen, all alone with no one to comfort her but the country she's been ruling over for like a 100 years at this point and also the rest of her racist/pedophile family. truly a tragedy.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5Y_Kba7To

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oof.

Sinfest is trying really hard to be on the wrong side of history in every possible way.

I know people said this last week, but this is indistinguishable from stonetoss, just outright decrying degeneracy.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Those Brit toons gave me a heart attack, I thought I had forgotten Mothers Day jesus christ.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9i9KDtZtv8
Izzy did a good video on the topic too.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

David Hitch, which I'm posting mostly for the grotesque caricatures

:stare:

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (Racism)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is this 100% for the money or is Ishida dumb enough to actually believe any of this, I've learned not to discount either option when it comes to these miserable harbingers of the Stupid Apocalypse.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Raised By Birds posted:

I read Sinfest for a while like 10+ years ago, and one that always stuck with me was a very pro-Obama strip soon after his election. Now his strips look like they're being made by people who spent most of 2008-2016 depicting Obama as the antichrist.

The only Sinfest Obama strip that I can think of, and I don't know if it's the same one you're talking about or when he made it, is the one where Obama gets handed the keys to the America robot and they're explaining all the functions and Obama's like "Where's the button to change things?" and the person explaining the robot to him laughs and leaves Obama standing there just staring at the keys. Which I guess is pro Obama in the sense of "He wanted to do all those wonderful things and change the world but they just wouldn't let him!" but mostly just comes off to me as making excuses for him.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

By popular demand posted:

Is this 100% for the money or is Ishida dumb enough to actually believe any of this, I've learned not to discount either option when it comes to these miserable harbingers of the Stupid Apocalypse.

In general, my assumption is that people start saying things to the audience they've chosen for the money, but the longer they repeat it the more the start to believe it, and the more of that audience they attract. I don't feel that the blurry boundary between saying it 'for the money' and 'actually believing' is worth considering anymore, it's always both, a positive feedback loop.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I know people said this last week, but this is indistinguishable from stonetoss, just outright decrying degeneracy.

Yeah, there's no longer even the usual token attempt at centrism or a "I'm actually doing this for feminism you guys!" deflection, just 100% unfiltered reactionary trash.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Which I guess is pro Obama in the sense of "He wanted to do all those wonderful things and change the world but they just wouldn't let him!" but mostly just comes off to me as making excuses for him.

That one yeah, and that's pretty much how I read it. "Obama wants to use the power of the US government to do good, but poor guy, that's just not what America does." Either way, it certainly wasn't negative, and I can't see the Ishida that put out today's batch saying anything similar. :shrug:

I guess I'm wondering if Ishida ever moved toward the center before launching to the right, or if he was right-wing the whole time.

quote:

Cannibals: Cuomo being devoured by his own party, some say, as a distraction for worse crimes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Raised By Birds posted:

Just straight up a chud strip now. What a weird journey for Ishida.

The TERF to genuine straight up regressive horseshoe pipeline is in excellent working order in this case, yowza.
It's almost to the extent that he's a single issue voter on extremely specific (regressive outdated) feminist stuff, and will burn down everything else if that is given even the slightest push-back on the left.

At this rate all he'll have left is just straight up benevolent sexism crap that boils down to "protect the women folk from the degenerates".

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

In general, my assumption is that people start saying things to the audience they've chosen for the money, but the longer they repeat it the more the start to believe it, and the more of that audience they attract. I don't feel that the blurry boundary between saying it 'for the money' and 'actually believing' is worth considering anymore, it's always both, a positive feedback loop.

Kurt Vonnegut posted:

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why even waste the reader's time pretending to be progressive? Why not just declare "I will graciously allow society to advance by this much, now look greatful you unwashed masses "

gently caress every TERF type through history.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Honestly the most substantial thought Stantis has expressed in years.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Strange, it was a mere eleven days ago that Branco was saying that Democrats and the Media weren't paying enough attention to Cuomo. 🤔

I swung by the Sinfest forums, and the discussion of the latest strips has two posters pointing out that it's openly conservative propaganda, one posting supporting links to even more openly conservative propaganda, and one - probably the most prolific poster on those forums - yelling about "how dare you call out Tat, he's a Radical Feminist Ally, this forum is just as useless as the last one" and flouncing off.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Cannibals: Cuomo being devoured by his own party, some say, as a distraction for worse crimes.

Funny how treating people in your own party who gently caress up the same way you treat people in the other party who gently caress up is "Cannibalism". Couldn't possibly be something called "consistency". Nope. Gotta be something evil.

They really are all in on the whole my party is never wrong, and if they are that's OK as long as they still toe the party line.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A good look into his brain is the fact that he has a character about the vandalize the evil Devil Store, while simultaneously depicting a man looting said store as a bad thing

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

The March 4 Justice calling for action against gender-based violence is happening today: Thousands to attend Parliament House March 4 Justice (Canberra Times)
The discarded placards are from when Tony Abbott as opposition leader appeared before a protest group against a carbon tax back when GIllard was PM: Julia Gillard on the moment that should have killed Tony Abbott's career (SMH 2015).

Rowe:

Two stories: 1) Scott Morrison and Deputy & Nationals leader Michael McCormack have been promoting their half price flight scheme which is under increasing flak for its choice of destinations.
2) Western Australia is "wiped off the map" because they had an election on the weekend which did exactly that to the WA Liberals: it looks like Labor won 53 out of the 59 seats, reducing WA Liberals to just two.

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Opposition leader (Labor) Anthony Albanese. Mark McGowan is the Western Australia Labor Premier who just had possibly the biggest landslide win in Australia politics.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sinfest is trying really hard to be on the wrong side of history in every possible way.

:krad:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh, I'm sorry, was this supposed to be a bad thing?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

MrUnderbridge posted:

Funny how treating people in your own party who gently caress up the same way you treat people in the other party who gently caress up is "Cannibalism". Couldn't possibly be something called "consistency". Nope. Gotta be something evil.

They really are all in on the whole my party is never wrong, and if they are that's OK as long as they still toe the party line.

Yeah it really does highlight the fact that Democratic politicians are far more likely to actually face consequences for doing lovely things. That one dude only had a photo where his hands were hovering over a lady's chest and he got absolutely scorched by both sides. Not saying it was appropriate, but he wasn't being widely accused of loving kids like Roy Moore or anything. Then you have Clinton being impeached over lying about getting head. Republican politicians will just lie, double down, triple down, etc. all the while being defended by literally every single Republican. Ultimately facing no penalty other than not getting everything they want handed to them.

Remember, it's the Right who is constantly under attack and totally not catered to.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol in retrospect really surprised Ishida didn't fly out for the capitol insurrection

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

I asked my British friend what you might call a bootlicker but for the royal family and she suggested this in response: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

I hate to give credit to Branco, but the Democrats are definitely not consistent about holding their members accountable for sexual harassment and assault. Bill Clinton is still well respected and Joe Biden is still the president.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cloud Potato posted:

Matt:

Mail on Sunday:
Thanks for the panic, UK

(it's still the second Sunday in May in the US)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1370865544438616079

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

While the Brands feign interest in LGBT and racial justice for marketing....communism though? Not a lot of brands throwing up a sickle and hammer on Facebook or switching their profile picture to Eugene Debs on May Day.

And like...Ishida is criticizing Capitalism? Like, he’s constantly portraying the world as under siege from ads and marketing. This is why I disagree that his metamorphosis to Stonetoss-grade chud has finished. I think he lost track of his own politics, and is now just lashing at poo poo he doesn’t like without any firm framework to explain why he doesn’t like that poo poo. Or he has a framework, and it’s literally just hating trans people so ANYTHING that even has a sniff of support trans folks is automatically bad. Even black people protesting the poo poo he depicts as bad in his own comic.

Government corrupt? Big business out of control? Well, the people who oppose those things have the audacity to consider trans people human beings, so I guess they’re bad too!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
My favorite one is the evil Devilcorp company pushing stupid woke poo poo, and look their ratings are terrible what dummies, they're losing money by doing something the masses don't like, refusing to compromise their principles even if it loses them money!

He's just gone full Chuck Asay "you wouldn't know what the message is supposed to be unless you know what a huge rear end in a top hat the author is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The thing that really kills me about Sinfest is that he's mostly given up on dialogue.