Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

pentyne posted:

Shbobdb

Incelshok Na

Keeps making GBS threads up threads in TVIV by constantly insisting on reading the shows in a weirdly specific way.

I like to place shows within their historical contexts and interpret them from that perspective. The general gooncensis is that texts are sealed unto themselves so anything from the outside is bad. That's a fine way to interpret a show but not the one I prefer.

I don't get in the way of anyone interpreting the show they want to. People pile on me because they disagree with my interpretation (which is fine) or because they don't think my method of interpretation exists (which is much stranger, so I have to go back to basics and cite people sharing my method so we can proceed). My interpretation's right to exist is threatened so, yeah, I'll discuss it. I don't view "having an opinion and a point of view" as "making GBS threads up a thread" though you've made clear you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

VinylonUnderground posted:

a nice clean place where bad elements never really get a chance to take root

quick reminder that a long-time poster was recently permabanned for being a pedo

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

quick reminder that a long-time poster was recently permabanned for being a pedo

The fact that I largely disagree with the mods shouldn't be in dispute, otherwise I wouldn't post. I'm specifically banned from QCS because I made fun of mods for being negative moral exemplars (for example, pedophiles) so what kind of environment can you expect from that?

The user who said "Mods are basically an HoA" grokked my meaning. A longterm grifter and/or pedo on the HoA board is not a huge surprise. That is distinct from the overall operation of the HoA.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

VinylonUnderground posted:

The fact that I largely disagree with the mods shouldn't be in dispute, otherwise I wouldn't post. I'm specifically banned from QCS because I made fun of mods for being negative moral exemplars (for example, pedophiles) so what kind of environment can you expect from that?

The user who said "Mods are basically an HoA" grokked my meaning. A longterm grifter and/or pedo on the HoA board is not a huge surprise. That is distinct from the overall operation of the HoA.

Is this an actual "mods=pedos" post in the wild

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's like they saw people saying Guy Mann should be permabanned and had to rush in to give examples of being an even worse poster.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
there's a reason i have that fucker on ignore, people
there are enough dipshits on here who either thrive on negative attention or will argue until the sun explodes and it is never worth your time to engage with them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

QCS is melting down again because a bunch of people were banned for "mods are pedos" except theres was more "yes, I am claiming that mod X is someone who fucks children"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look, I am an extremely normal rereg

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962121

I'm sure this thread has nothing but well-reasoned and quality debate about the state of the forums

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

pentyne posted:

QCS is melting down again because a bunch of people were banned for "mods are pedos" except theres was more "yes, I am claiming that mod X is someone who fucks children"

It was worth it for this:

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's official, the joke has become too old for the mods.

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962121

I'm sure this thread has nothing but well-reasoned and quality debate about the state of the forums

It's not even the most insane active thread in QCS at the moment.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962017

Page 4 takes it from "loving mods lol" to "holy loving poo poo was is wrong with this person?"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
gently caress the crazy stuff, how do people get to the point of posting in QCS constantly but not understand how the sixer-approved longer punishment thing works

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

QCS is the comments section for the forums as a whole

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

a kitten posted:

QCS is the comments section for the forums as a whole

Nah, although it has been that occasionally over the years. Right now QCS is mostly a place for slapfights between posting enemies.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
goddammit if we got rid of one absentee fucko owner only to get another it will be infuriatingly ironic

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

Page 4 takes it from "loving mods lol" to "holy loving poo poo was is wrong with this person?"

lol god drat that gets weird.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's Meltdown March!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CaptainSarcastic posted:

posting enemies.

Oh, like you and I

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Oh, like you and I

Goddamnit, I cannot come up with a "more like oldxxxxless" response to this. I will have vengeance.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
More like old posting enemies less, everyone enjoys your posts

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
More like CaptainComebackless

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

pentyne posted:

BTW isn't the op Eugene v dubstep a veteran of getting threadbanned (I think the Snyder dome?)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

lol god drat that gets weird.

It just got weirder.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

It just got weirder.

Yeah his bits are lame and I nearly always skim his posts.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

BTW isn't the op Eugene v dubstep a veteran of getting threadbanned (I think the Snyder dome?)

I dunno but they are lame.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i hate that i like learning all the forums drama at once as it spills into qcs so i can be a gossipy little hen about which mod is the most embarrassing

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MarcusSA posted:

I have something of an appreciation for the gimmick but Jesus, there's a time and a place.

I'd say gimmickposting should be punishable in QCS but how would anyone tell?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MarcusSA posted:

Turn on your monitor

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
That thread is exhausting to read, jesus christ

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i like to think everyone in finance is basically like that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That thread is exhausting to read, jesus christ

The truly amazing thing is this drama began because one poster posted a tweet and the other poster questioned the importance of the tweet person

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I don't know if he got thread banned but he was incredibly loving tedious and boring in that thread so my eyes nearly rolled out my head when I saw he was the op of that QCS thread.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The truly amazing thing is this drama began because one poster posted a tweet and the other poster questioned the importance of the tweet person

Clearly we should get rid of tweet embedding, the true evil in all of this.

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

What ever happened to posters like Tiger Mojo and Tony Danzas Ho? I started reading the site right around 9/11 but when I actually started reading and posting regularly, I feel like they were in EVERY THREAD

I'm gonna just...ignore the last page.... I don't go to QCS for a reason.

Yeah, I used to see Tiger Mojo and Tony Danzas Ho everywhere. I think they were just average people who grew up, got busy with college, jobs, and partners, and probably just left the forums. I heard some time ago (though don't quote me) that they're just Doing Fine, and I like to just presume that's what happened. I think yeah, it ended up being some Canadian laptop scammer and the thread was long but ended up being one of those GBS self-rabble-rousing threads that ultimately went nowhere.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Conflating someone being mean to someone in PMs with literal rape is one of the most broke brained things I've seen on these god forsaken forums

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

astral posted:

Clearly we should get rid of tweet embedding, the true evil in all of this.

ok but unironically that could be a good thing. there's at least one person I know of who has a bad habit of just making GBS threads out a single Twitter link and not making any attempt to discuss or engage with it beyond "lol"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

Maybe just skip the first page of this one

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Maybe just skip the first page of this one

Just skip the whole fuckin thread tbh, what a shitshow

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you'll all read it, none of you are pure

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race