Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

I would never betray the sanctity of changed a named character's name. If they're anonymous they are fair game but Cloud is Cloud, Ash is Ash and Link is Link :hai:

Ash is the name of the anime character, they've been pretty consistent in the video games that his name is Red. (And their designs aren't the same either)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Preliminary leaks for where the Wario Ware series goes next:

https://twitter.com/parismartineau/status/1371489358520455171

https://twitter.com/parismartineau/status/1371490930759503875

Just keep making Wario money. He tell you when to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRh0QiXyZSk

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

load sixteen tons, what do you get?
digital meds for your digital pet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

iconic cap...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
tuckin the workers of the world in bed at night, telling them to hush their crying, it will all get better soon. gotta hold the pillow over the world down tight, but it's still easier than saying goodbye

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

iconic cap...

Are they seriously called swagbucks?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are they seriously called swagbucks?

corporations are "cringe," who would have guessed

In lighter news:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Isn't paying your workers in company scrip, like, literally illegal?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cardiovorax posted:

Isn't paying your workers in company scrip, like, literally illegal?

It's not wages its bonus incentives

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah you can give whatever scrip you want as long as you also give them real money

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I'm not an expert in labor law, but I think it's only illegal to do that if you're paying company scrip in lieu of wages. If you're paying at least minimum wage, the rest of this incentive system is likely completely legal--twisted and blatantly evil, but legal.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Companies give out bonus swag all the time, but rarely in the form of redemptions of swag credit you earned by doing your job in the first place. And yeah, as long as the rest of your pay is legal, swag is legal

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Fair enough, then.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

It's not wages its bonus incentives
enough about health insurance though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

Companies give out bonus swag all the time, but rarely in the form of redemptions of swag credit you earned by doing your job in the first place

Remember that CDPR gave "Bird Tokens" to its employees that they would need to cash out for their post-launch bonus

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope overtime also pays 50% extra swag$

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember that CDPR gave "Bird Tokens" to its employees that they would need to cash out for their post-launch bonus

Originally they weren't going to get those because Cyberpunk 2077 fell below the 88% overall rating on Metacritic, but then public backlash and CDPR's reputation quickly going to poo poo, made upper management and leadership change course on that policy. The original plan was the top board members would get all of the employees post-launch bonuses instead.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hi everyone!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
holla holla hi walla

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

Hi everyone!

'sup

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Walla posted:

Hi everyone!

Hey there hi there how are you how is everyone?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have $16 dollars to my name until Friday or Biden bucks and I don't know how I'm going to spend my share.

Also, I started Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations yesterday and it's pretty cool they let you play as a young Mia Fey.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Got several video games on the go simultaneously but rather than progress any of them I think I'm going to start a new one.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Are you me?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

I have $16 dollars to my name until Friday or Biden bucks and I don't know how I'm going to spend my share.

Also, I started Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations yesterday and it's pretty cool they let you play as a young Mia Fey.

Yes! I love that game a lot. Looking forward to your impressions.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

Yes! I love that game a lot. Looking forward to your impressions.

At this point I'm wondering who hasn't been on trial yet. The detective I think? And the judge. :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
pizza poster, post your delicious pizza for i have been cursed with delivery delivering me a sauceless pizza ;_;

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
have yourself a dry pie cry

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

pizza poster, post your delicious pizza for i have been cursed with delivery delivering me a sauceless pizza ;_;

You could add sauce on top and call it Detroit style :)

CubeTheory or someone else will need to step up since I'm making a stir fry

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Ash is the name of the anime character, they've been pretty consistent in the video games that his name is Red. (And their designs aren't the same either)

you could make an argument for Pokemon Yellow since that went out of its way to draw on the anime a bit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You could add sauce on top and call it Detroit style :)

CubeTheory or someone else will need to step up since I'm making a stir fry

thats why i think they just didnt have sauce, they were "sold out" of "detroit style" pizza, which in yum brand terms just means cheesesticks with some sauce on top lol

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

xbox/gamepass is on a roll now with a bunch of games coming onto the service (even outside of bethesda games - outriders, undertale just got announced)
i'm on PC and PS5 so would likely get a PC gamepass subscription once the bethesda games start popping but let's see if xbox overtakes ps5 this gen

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

shrike82 posted:

xbox/gamepass is on a roll now with a bunch of games coming onto the service (even outside of bethesda games - outriders, undertale just got announced)
i'm on PC and PS5 so would likely get a PC gamepass subscription once the bethesda games start popping but let's see if xbox overtakes ps5 this gen

Huh. I missed that Undertale announcement entirely. I'm really happy that a whole new crop of people are going to be able to experience the story, and the music, for the first time.

Toby plz where is Deltarune.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ironically my Gamepass is about up and I'm not gonna renew it. I dont know what the selection is like for Xbox but for PC it feels like they didn't add anything for the three months I had it, save for the Bethesda collection, most of which I've already played. There was a point where I was like "woah I can't believe they've got this" with Disgaea 4 and DQ11 but once that wore off it basically didn't really have much I wanted since I got my last 1$ sub last Christmas

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Khanstant posted:

Here is my last homemade Detroit style pizza, pretty much the same as Pizza Huts

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
That looks great CubeTheory. Love me a good Detroit style

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Here is my last homemade Detroit style pizza, pretty much the same as Pizza Huts

yeah that looks dope and ill give them less poo poo for reusing their breadsticks mold. wanna bite your crispy crust 𓀈𓃻𓅵𓁅

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Khanstant posted:

yeah that looks dope and ill give them less poo poo for reusing their breadsticks mold. wanna bite your crispy crust 𓀈𓃻𓅵𓁅

No, I was kidding, I have tried every single Pizza Hut specialty pizza they've had for the last 25 years and the Detroit Style may be in the bottom three.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Next on the P5S food tour is "Okinawa soba", which is actually more a clear noodle soup... I'm gonna be making a bunch of substitutions on that one.

I'm really looking forward to this one too lol

Legit the fact that P5S is like "yeah this is a bunch of food cutscenes loosely connected by battles and a story I guess" is rocketing it into the GOTY contention lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Motto posted:

you could make an argument for Pokemon Yellow since that went out of its way to draw on the anime a bit

That game isnt canon