Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Riho's top rope double stomp look like death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

So Paul Turner commentating on AEW's third show bobbing his head to Maki Itoh's entrance.

Pretty sure no one could have guessed that.

Paul Wight, Paul Turner is the referee :V

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yes maki has resilience

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

God that half crab counter is so smooth.

smikey
May 22, 2004
the rolling half crab counter is probably Maki's smoothest move, it's really drat good

edit: loving lion tamer!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Remsburg looking right into the camera

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

KOKESHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vicious monster heel Maki Itoh.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

:doh:

That has been a good match

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nasty lookin Lion Tamer

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maki must have gotten over her jetlag, this is much better than her last couple of matches

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Great match.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Maki Itoh

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

It's cool to have good wrestling on mondays again :)

smikey
May 22, 2004
I need to hear Schiavone call something a "savate kick" again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
love how easily Kenny bamboozles himself into stupid bullshit as the world champion lmao

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

Wait are you talking about Ball Berner?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That was really good. Maki was a little too obvious about getting into position in a few spots, but otherwise nice to see her shine in a singles match

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

now to watch raw

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Reality Protester posted:

now to watch raw

Or you could watch BTE instead for something good?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DID SOMEONE GIF TONEY AND PAUL GROOVING TO BROOKLYN THE HOLE

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

now to watch raw

why

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pinwiz11 posted:

DID SOMEONE GIF TONEY AND PAUL GROOVING TO BROOKLYN THE HOLE

previous page

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Digital Jedi posted:

previous page

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Brooklynnnnn is a hoooleeeeeee

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the funniest part of this first episode to me was that Tony and Paul were clearly consulting notes on what everyone's finishers are, but since Tay only just started using the hammerlock DDT as her finisher Tony was like "Well her move is called the Tay-KO but that didn't look like it"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The combination of Tony and Paul reminds me of WCW Saturday Night. Paul plays Larry Zbyszko so well without being a prick, they both sell the action so well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Very nice first episode

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If this were the only other AEW show of the week I'd say "Ok that was pretty good, it could stand to be shorter but I liked it" but, other than a little more star power and competitive matches between signed talent, it was basically Dark with announcers who didn't make me laugh as much.

An hour version of this as the second show I could really enjoy, but I'd kind of just rather watch two hours of Dark?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For as many episodes were supposed to appear tonight, that was a breezy two hours with some fun competitive matches.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

An hour version of this as the second show I could really enjoy, but I'd kind of just rather watch two hours of Dark?

I think I agree? It didn't have the ultra chill atmosphere Dark has, and not as many jobbers to laugh at.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

neoaxd posted:

I think I agree? It didn't have the ultra chill atmosphere Dark has, and not as many jobbers to laugh at.

Give me the opener, the Sydal stuff, the Marko match and the main event as an hour episode and I'd really like that. As it was it was fine but I like regular Dark more.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah I'd say something like an hour of Elevation and 90 minutes of DARK would be the best balance.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

MassRafTer posted:

If this were the only other AEW show of the week I'd say "Ok that was pretty good, it could stand to be shorter but I liked it" but, other than a little more star power and competitive matches between signed talent, it was basically Dark with announcers who didn't make me laugh as much.

The best parts were an Abadon match, a Maki / Riho match and Jungle Boy / Limelight.

The worst parts were not having Excal and Taz on commentary, a Nakazawa match and 2 Matt Sydal matches.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Nakazawa wearing slacks would have been the perfect time to do the pull out your underwear spot and he just didn't do it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Testekill posted:

Yeah I'd say something like an hour of Elevation and 90 minutes of DARK would be the best balance.

This was only the first episode, I'm sure they will establish their own separate identities and we'll get a better sense of their relative usual run times as the weeks go on. I have to think Dark is going to be the shorter show, if only to avoid burning out Excalibur. Before this he was doing like 4 hours of play by play if they did all of Dynamite and Dark back to back, and then if they did a pretape for the following week, he'd have to do it two days in a week. Cutting that down a bit has to be a relief for him, and Excalibur is like the one guy they REALLY can't afford to overwork; those weeks he took off really showed how much they need him on Dynamite.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't want on-screen Tony Khan promos. Stay on Impact.

I like the show. It's Dark+ which is what it professed to be. More promos. Less jobber squashes, you can leave those on regular Dark.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I honestly thought the show would be from the Nightmare Factory in atlanta. the show was good, I cant really complain, but I didnt like Tony and Paul as much as TazCalibur, and I'm a bit bored of seeing Daily's Place.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I honestly thought the show would be from the Nightmare Factory in atlanta. the show was good, I cant really complain, but I didnt like Tony and Paul as much as TazCalibur, and I'm a bit bored of seeing Daily's Place.

I'm guessing that when Dynamite starts touring again, Elevation is going to be based out of the Nightmare Factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Itoh's strikes look horrible and I wish she'd just like, do moves. But god drat is she entertaining to watch. Did anyone gif Itoh smiling at the ref while choking Riho?