Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Up the NIPs!

Estimated time to the Milkshake Duck moment for the NIP?

84 days seems long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1371825975273660418?s=21

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't they already have a problem with the equality officer?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

radmonger posted:

84 days seems long.

well i mean we're running the remain continuity candidate and remain would have won the last election so labour can't lose, right?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

radmonger posted:

84 days seems long.

Didn't one if the founders or the like get kicked out for being a bit fash?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

Wasn't that Necrothatcher?
Not sure what's the more terrifying mental image out of NecroFancier and Owlthatcher.

Voting NIP under FPTP will just split the vote and harm Lab...
yeah, go for it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do not attempt to thatch an owl unless you want your face clawed off.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

Not sure what's the more terrifying mental image out of NecroFancier and Owlthatcher.

NecroOwl and ThatcherFancier :ohdear:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

forkboy84 posted:

Someone who was involved early on quit after a spat over how to use the twitter account. We've never let fascists in.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Has there been a goon MP before?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

well he has experience losing northern marginals so i'm sure this will end well.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

forkboy84 posted:

No, the initial inclusion and diversity lead got kicked out in an argument over the leadership refusing to rule out platforming TERFs and Nazis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

peanut- posted:

A lot of people thought tom watson was probably a goon at one point.

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
Oswald Mosley was the first person to say "bussy" in parliment.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

peanut- posted:

Willing to bet Jared O'Mara had an account on here at some point.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

NotJustANumber99 posted:

A forum is just a big comments section with no articles though.

You've just illustrated my point beautifully. :smug:

learnincurve posted:

The trans women who want it I meant.

loving do not accuse me of all people of being a TERF.

Yeah, I don't know what Rumda was getting at: you quite clearly limited it to the women you knew.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

They did it, those bastards, they finally did it!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Necrothatcher posted:

Willing to bet Jared O'Mara had an account on here at some point.

Wasn’t he from the DitS bizarro-world UKMT forum?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Camrath posted:

Wasn’t he from the DitS bizarro-world UKMT forum?

Yeah, but if he was posting edgy internet teen stuff on there in the 2000s it stands to reason he'd also have been here too.

I wonder what happened to him after he dropped out the public eye.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Don't CLPs pick their own candidate, or did that never get adopted?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The central office has the final say and obviously they will use it.

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!

peanut- posted:

i was an MP for a time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh and I think there was jbrereton.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

OwlFancier posted:

Oh and I think there was jbrereton.

jbrereton was funny and i never understood the backlash against them (the only time i've ever spent money on SA was to rebuy their account). i wish we tolerated funny posters better, in the abstract.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CoolCab posted:

jbrereton was funny and i never understood the backlash against them (the only time i've ever spent money on SA was to rebuy their account). i wish we tolerated funny posters better, in the abstract.

He was loving tiresome. Now, I'm glad that's not a bannable offence because I am too poor to go unban myself regularly, but can't pretend I'm sad he's gone.

Next people will start wistfully longing for Pissflaps

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wistflaps is worse than Ostalgie.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Flaps has taken a unfunny “turn downwards”, 99% sure he found out where a rl trans friend of mine lived off of her bus photos on twitter after twitter stalking her for weeks and falsely reported her to the police for covid violations.

I’m also hearing that someone is adding goons on twitter and pretending to be my new account and referencing him so, yeh that’s most likely him as well.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1371795608600711168?s=20

lol yeah this party is so hosed. It's probably for the best.

e: In 1983 a Tory prime minister solidified their power over a woefully inept social democratic opposition by riding a wave of jingoistic post-crisis populism. Huh.

I don't know if I could even bring myself to vote Labour to "keep the tories out" these days. It almost feels like tacit approval and at least write in candidate, "none of these bastards" has a measure of catharsis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Stunned, can't have imagined that the sad wee turd would turn out to be like that. This is my surprised face.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh it’s something else, what he seems to be doing is targeting goons and building a list of trans women to follow and harass, but it’s incredibly targeted so he will pick one woman and fixate on her for weeks and weeks until she blocks him or goes private.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
politely, what on earth did pissflaps have to do with anything. how on earth could i reach the stage of missing pissflaps, i hear more about that fucker from this thread these days then i did when he posted.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I engaged with flaps once and someone from this thread, don't remember who, PM'd me saying hey don't talk to Pissflaps, just put him on ignore for the most immediate QoL upgrade you'll ever experience. And they were right, by crikey!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CoolCab posted:

politely, what on earth did pissflaps have to do with anything. how on earth could i reach the stage of missing pissflaps, i hear more about that fucker from this thread these days then i did when he posted.

Talking about how Flaps used to poo poo up the thread is a waste of time. Talking about how he's making GBS threads up people's actual lives, posing as other goons in the process, is important.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CoolCab posted:

You named a bad poster, I named a bad poster.

Also politely, but you definitely didn't.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Necrothatcher posted:

I wonder what happened to him after he dropped out the public eye.
I imagine he went back to running one of the most awful trashy venues in Sheffield

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Guavanaut posted:

Wistflaps is worse than Ostalgie.

If Östalgie isn’t the term that Germans have for nostalgia for East Germany then it certainly should be.

Having searched that’s apparently exactly what it is. Great term.

therattle fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 16, 2021

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Angepain posted:

We should give people a free chocolate orange after voting, to ensure only the correct people are encouraged to vote.

I'm already ineligible to vote, so this seems a bit much.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Miftan posted:

I'm already ineligible to vote, so this seems a bit much.

(Miftan, staring at post-voting options of chocolate orange or Christingle) "Is this some kind of joke?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

Also politely, but you definitely didn't.
it feels that way sometimes! i don't care what he's up to and i am so tired of the comparison being the first thing that posters itt whip out - it was overdone a full year+ ago. my personal preferred strategy of politely ignoring it has catastrophically failed - please could we shut up about him? i went back to look for how long it's been since he was banned (year and a half) and there have been twenty seven loving pages of search results for just his name, ignoring the catchphrase nicknames, the overwhelming majority from this thread - we talk about corybn living rent free in people's heads, christ.

Jedit posted:

Talking about how he's making GBS threads up people's actual lives, posing as other goons in the process, is important.
some prick is on twitter is not news, neither is some twitter user being a danger - no one is being protected here in any meaningful sense, certainly not by vapid comparisons to a long permaed poster. and in fact i am informed as i tragically have constantly been that he's banned from twitter, soon i'll be hearing about his alts on twitter - christ. write an SAclopedia entry like the other trillion weirdos have had and can we please collectively move on.