Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

stev posted:

I can't think of any other retailer or restaurant that simultaneously overcharges and devalues its own products to such a huge extent as Dominos and Pizza Hut.

I assume they must make a lot off people willing to pay full price, but it must mostly be dickheads with too much cash who happily spend £500 on 30 pizzas for a party or to show off.

It gets people to spend more money than they would otherwise in order to hit the deal amounts.

If they charged £8 for a pizza that costs them 50p to make, people would pay them £8. If they charge £20 for a pizza but then do a deal that gives you 3 pizzas for £25 they get £25 off you for £1.50 of ingredients.

/edit: 90 quid is the price Pizza Hut will charge you for an extra large stuffed crust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

What sort of vouchers are they? Where can you use them?

The list of options is huge, most high street retailers and Amazon (which basically covers every manufactured object known to man)

I've been getting PC World vouchers to save up for a new tablet, as my current tablet is about ready to conk out forever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

Surely no human being alive has ever paid the actual listed price for a Dominos pizza

no sober one, at least

e: I don't know about Pizza Hut but a Domino's store has an overall ideal food cost of 20% across a whole day's sales

this means that a £20 pizza and sides meal deal might cost £5-7 in ingredients (depending on the sides, chicken wings are more expensive but potato wedges are dirt cheap) but a single large pizza for £15 is about £2-2.50 (most of which is cheese, and some of the meat toppings)

I don't remember all the prices since it's been a long time since I ran a store but I do remember that a case of wedges cost about £12 and worked out to something like 32 portions with a menu price of £3.49 each

(bear in mind though that food cost isn't the only cost, labour should be something between 20-25% if your service is good, there's mileage for drivers, overheads etc. the store I ran had a profit target from our franchisee of 12% which we hit more often than not)

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 17, 2021

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

This is just one bit but this whole exchange was painful. Forensic Kieth decided the optimum angle of attack after finally opposing the crime bill was that the Tories are not being tough enough on crime. Johnson was almost laughing at him.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I lived in Naples for a bit and a full-size margherita pizza from the guy down the road was 2.50€ and made from scratch in about three minutes

man I'm hungry thinking about it now

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah but proper Italian pizza doesn't taste of grease, mixed herbs and flour so what's even the point.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

How it started: Punished Snake

How it's going: Punished Limmy

Failed Imagineer posted:

To my British comrades - I'm giving you each permission to use one anti-Irish slur today. You've been so good all year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcX7k5S53g

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Necrothatcher posted:

I lived in Naples for a bit and a full-size margherita pizza from the guy down the road was 2.50€ and made from scratch in about three minutes

man I'm hungry thinking about it now

Jealous.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

peanut- posted:

This is just one bit but this whole exchange was painful. Forensic Kieth decided the optimum angle of attack after finally opposing the crime bill was that the Tories are not being tough enough on crime. Johnson was almost laughing at him.

Keith is a pretty good example of what happens to party when they try to run purely off of focus grouping, but you can tell that the one thing he does firmly believe in is that the state must rule with an unwavering iron fist

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

peanut- posted:

Surely no human being alive has ever paid the actual listed price for a Dominos pizza

We used to get a flat 50% off everything (not just pizzas) from the Dominos next to the hospital as long as you collected and showed NHS ID.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

stev posted:

Yeah but proper Italian pizza doesn't taste of grease, mixed herbs and flour so what's even the point.
'Proper' italian pizza has no cheese so lets not go there.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Proper Italian pizza is made from spaghetti, olive oil, pancetta, chicken breast, cream, and a tablespoon of butter.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Oh man that looks ace.

What pizza oven is it?

We bought an Ooni Koda 16. We were going to get the 12, but then my wife got a bonus too and we said gently caress it and bought the bigger one as apparently it's more user friendly since you have more room to move the pizza around.

In my case more room to bend over with my wispy long lockdown hair and accidentally singe it all off. My wife thought it was loving hilarious.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not politics related but I imagine some people might get a laugh out of this WW2 american army training film about how to behave when you're stationed in britain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVtnCzg9xw

Contains such gems as "don't eat everyone's food because there's rationing on" and "don't tell jock in the pub that you like his skirt"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And no tomatoes because that's some New World poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And no pizza, just a piece of toast between two slices of bread.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Authentic italian pizza is just an angry man throwing raw dough at you while the western half of his empire collapses.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Guavanaut posted:

And no pizza, just a piece of toast between two slices of bread.

That sounds quite nice actually.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Speaking as someone who's had a fair bit on my trips to Italy, it's more that the cheese is specific to particular toppings rather than ubiquitous.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The only authentic pizza is None Pizza Left Beef.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Authentic italian pizza is just an angry man throwing raw dough at you while the western half of his empire collapses.
Authentic english pizza is the same but without the raw dough or the western half.

And then you're arrested and thrown in jail.

stev posted:

That sounds quite nice actually.
Fry the middle bread and it's not too far off a chip butty.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
do yous remember the tiny frozen pizzas that used to come in bags

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i should get on the remembering things comedy circuit, because there really is not much more to it than asking people if they remember things

EHH??!?

WOTWUUR AWL THADABOWT?!?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I still have my VHS copy of peter kay at the top of blackpool tower somewhere.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Remember when that Peter Kay went up top of Blackpool Tower?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Pizza sounds like some poor loving Southern food. Imagine liking tomato pies lol. Now pass the ragu

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

MikeCrotch posted:

Pizza sounds like some poor loving Southern food. Imagine liking tomato pies lol. Now pass the ragu

Post/Av synergy right here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/patrickharvie/status/1372210088136609793?s=20

Rare positive bit of news that.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

At the moment it’s a twenty note in a dog poo poo, and I hope it’s not tarnished by the SNP being dickheads

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Someone was posting the other day about wanting to live a rat-free existence. Apparently the thing to do is move to Alberta.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
There's also Iceland, Greenland, Svalbard and Siberia. Oh and parts of Alaska too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Moving to where the rats aren't is letting them win

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Moving to where the rats aren't is why there are now rats in new zealand.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

rat_distribution_map_global.png
Found another one
https://twitter.com/wonderingmaps/status/1370618264057905156

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sebzilla posted:

Someone was posting the other day about wanting to live a rat-free existence. Apparently the thing to do is move to Alberta.

I mean yeah but then you'd be living in Alberta

is it any worse than Tory Britain? probably not, but it's still an absolute garbage place

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Venomous posted:

I mean yeah but then you'd be living in Alberta

is it any worse than Tory Britain? probably not, but it's still an absolute garbage place

i was born there, it's better than here and it's not close lmao. had social democrats in until the most recent election - plus we murdered all the fuckin rats.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/how-alberta-completely-eradicated-rats-from-the-province-by-declaring-war-on-rodent-hordes

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

fair tbh, but didn't Alberta have conservative governments for 44 years straight before said social democrats came into power

e: and the Social Credit folks for years before that, who looked like a whole different bunch of right-wing loonies

e2: but yeah, congrats on murdering all the rats, that is one hell of an achievement

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 17, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

'single candidate shortlist'

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1372224347847417859

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CoolCab posted:

i was born there, it's better than here and it's not close lmao. had social democrats in until the most recent election - plus we murdered all the fuckin rats.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/how-alberta-completely-eradicated-rats-from-the-province-by-declaring-war-on-rodent-hordes

That seems a very generous interpretation of Alberta. From 1971 until 2015, ruled by Tories, & then again from 2019 to today. It's a state which has a flat income tax for fucksake.

Oops. OK, they had a flat income tax until relatively recently & even then the top bracket only pays 5% more than the lowest bracket (& the lowest bracket is until $131,220, or £75,000). Even in hellish Thatcherite Britain the difference between top & bottom bracket is 45% (or from the basic rate of income tax, 25%) & the higher bracket kicks in at £50,001.

And it's a state which's wealth is mostly as far as I can tell reliant on oil & gas extraction (plus other natural resources) which is kind of awful.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/sebastianepayne/status/1372219770544734209?s=21