Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, we've had that dumbass "WHY NEWSOM NO PRINT MONEY FOR CALI" argument in here more times than I care to remember.

I'm sure the idiot voting public was like "I'm locked in mah house with no work and Newsome and the LIMOSINE LIBERALS are eating caviar every weekend!" and wondering why we can't open er up like Florida

when the government COULD be paying people to stay home, but chooses not to, and someone is consequently faced with bankruptcy and/or homelessness (depending on where they are socioeconomically) it tends to make them impatient with the rich folks telling them they have to lose everything for the public good while literally dining at one of the most famous and expensive restaurants on earth

e: you can be annoyed with it, but don't pretend it's not reasonable on an individual level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
broke: paying people to stay home for the duration of the pandemic
woke: making it illegal to collect rent for the duration of the pandemic
bespoke: making it illegal to collect rent forever

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Greg12 posted:

broke: paying people to stay home for the duration of the pandemic
woke: making it illegal to collect rent for the duration of the pandemic
bespoke: making it illegal to collect rent forever

baroque: paying people a universal basic income to live in their homes rent-free forever

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

baroque: paying people a universal basic income to live in their homes rent-free forever

Is the next one "tu quoque"?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HelloSailorSign posted:

Is the next one "tu quoque"?

tu quoque: you claim to be against rent, yet you live in a rental apartment. interesting. I am very intelligent

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mortgage is rent.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

stop voting for celebrities

No. I'm gonna vote Danny Devito for governor to replace Newsom.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fermun posted:

...you can vote for one celebrity

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

fermun posted:

:same:

EDIT: I'm going to vote against the recall. If it goes through, I'm voting for Devito.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I would also accept Wallace Shawn.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Wallace Shawn is great and has great politics.... but it has to be Danny DeVito, we need to cancel out Schwarzenegger with his costar from Twins. Wallace Shawn would have to... idk, cancel out Reagan by becoming governor then president and setting the consensus politics for the next 50 years???

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kenning posted:

I would also accept Wallace Shawn.

Inconceivable. Wallace Shawn would should be governor of New York, not California.

You can prove me wrong when the Dinner with Andre sequel takes place at a taco truck in Los Angeles.

I would also accept The French Laundry, for comedic purposes

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
If Devito becomes governor would he have to stop starring in "It's Always Sunny"? Alternatively, would he still keep starring in it? Because the latter possibility is certainly tempting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

If Devito becomes governor would he have to stop starring in "It's Always Sunny"? Alternatively, would he still keep starring in it? Because the latter possibility is certainly tempting.

The Gang Moves to Sacramento

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If Devito gets elected, we'll move the capital to LA so he can keep filming

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Anonymous Zebra posted:

his twin brother will cover for him. his zanily-mismatched, large austrian twin brother

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Governor devito congratulates dennis on his recent conquest of Inland Empire.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
This thread spends almost as much times discussing which sitcom star should be governor as they do the actual governor.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 17, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jaxyon posted:

This thread spends almost as much times discussing with sitcom star should be governor as they do the actual governor.

California Politics Thread: We regret to inform you the governor's office is a publicity stunt.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Jaxyon posted:

This thread spends almost as much times discussing which sitcom star should be governor as they do the actual governor.
But Danny Devitto! Who needs The Rock when Danny Devitto found The Jewel of Nile!

The anti-recall effort has started by CADEM: https://stoptherepublicanrecall.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD23893IYgI
This ad, while it could also be aimed at "independent" voters also (with talking about QAnon, anti-vaxers, white supremicists), seems to be mostly aimed at democratic voters. They're really leaning into the message that this is a republican thing, since they spent time during the ad repeating the word "republican" four times, including at the end, not to mention naming the campaign "Stop the Republican Recall". To me this cements that CADEM really does fear democratic voters turning on Newsom during the recall, especially if this is the first ad they put out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

California Politics Thread: We regret to inform you the governor's office is a publicity stunt.
:hmmyes:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Was there ever a follow up to the CADEM election? I know that a lot of DSA members did well but I didn't see what it ended up at.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Was there ever a follow up to the CADEM election? I know that a lot of DSA members did well but I didn't see what it ended up at.

This guy put together a big rundown of all the district results (in the incredibly unreadable Twitter Thread format)

https://twitter.com/alfred_twu/status/1360117847976910852?s=20

Looks like my district had some good results, which is good because I never got my ballot in the mail lmao

BeAuMaN posted:

But Danny Devitto! Who needs The Rock when Danny Devitto found The Jewel of Nile!

The anti-recall effort has started by CADEM: https://stoptherepublicanrecall.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD23893IYgI
This ad, while it could also be aimed at "independent" voters also (with talking about QAnon, anti-vaxers, white supremicists), seems to be mostly aimed at democratic voters. They're really leaning into the message that this is a republican thing, since they spent time during the ad repeating the word "republican" four times, including at the end, not to mention naming the campaign "Stop the Republican Recall". To me this cements that CADEM really does fear democratic voters turning on Newsom during the recall, especially if this is the first ad they put out.

:hmmyes:

I mean scaring people into voting Dem by threatening them with the thought of Republicans winning has been the only strategy they've needed for the last 30-40 years, why change it?

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 17, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BeAuMaN posted:

To me this cements that CADEM really does fear democratic voters turning on Newsom during the recall, especially if this is the first ad they put out.
I think it's more that they want to get ahead of the narrative for once.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Shear Modulus posted:

This guy put together a big rundown of all the district results (in the incredibly unreadable Twitter Thread format)

https://twitter.com/alfred_twu/status/1360117847976910852?s=20

nice

E: I hope this means anaheim is cool now

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 18, 2021

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It's Always Sunny in Sacramento, Except the Seven Months Out of the Year the State is on Fire

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Has there been any discussion on what the Dem strategy will be for the recall election, in terms of backup candidates?

If they run a backup candidate, that obviously reduces the chance of a Republican governor if Newsom gets recalled. However, I could see having a non-Republican option on the ballot would make some on the left decide to recall if the alternative is more palatable. On the other hand, they could run no one, which basically means a vote to recall would be a vote for a Republican governor.

I think if they do the latter, that could scare enough unhappy left-leaning folks to vote against the recall since the alternative is much worse. It seems like a huge gamble though.

Seph fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 18, 2021

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Imagine this.

Governor Feinstein.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Seph posted:

On the other hand, they could run no one, which basically means a vote to recall would be a vote for a Republican governor.
Danny Devito is a republican?

But yeah, we were discussing this a bit previously.

sb hermit posted:

Imagine this.

Governor Feinstein.
Have to find the phylactery.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Anonymous Zebra posted:

He keeps starring in it and his character also becomes governor of California

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

He keeps starring in it and his character also becomes governor of California
and the rest of cast gets appointed to be the heads of various departments, assuming the CA Senate plays ball.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought Danny DeVito has good politics IRL. You could probably do worse for a governor especially by joke actor governor standards.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

He promoted bernie sanders. I think that's a good indicator of his political stances imo.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
As long as he makes Arnie the Lt Gov and makes the whole administration a twins gag.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
What the gently caress is the point of myturn if there isn't a single appointment available in all of Sacramento County? Asking for my Mom. gently caress gently caress god dammit

Dignity, CVS, UCDavis, all of them are telling us to gently caress off. Meanwhile Kaiser emailed me Tuesday with an appointment. gently caress this health care system.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tayter Swift posted:

What the gently caress is the point of myturn if there isn't a single appointment available in all of Sacramento County? Asking for my Mom. gently caress gently caress god dammit

Dignity, CVS, UCDavis, all of them are telling us to gently caress off. Meanwhile Kaiser emailed me Tuesday with an appointment. gently caress this health care system.

the appointments get snapped up as soon as they get listed. trying to getting vaxxed is the same experience as trying to buy a PS5 or a graphics card. I wouldn't be surprised if there were bots scalping vaccine appointments too.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tayter Swift posted:

Because you live in a capitalist shithole with no organization. I used https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CA/ to find a retail pharmacy in a rural area outside Sac county with a full day of open slots and booked there.

In city stuff is going to be hard to get, but if you're willing to drive, it's a lot easier.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

jetz0r posted:

Because you live in a capitalist shithole with no organization. I used https://www.vaccinespotter.org/CA/ to find a retail pharmacy in a rural area outside Sac county with a full day of open slots and booked there.

In city stuff is going to be hard to get, but if you're willing to drive, it's a lot easier.

Oof, the nearest one is 60 miles away. She's going to have to wait then. Thanks.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Check in the morning, ideally just after 6AM when state allocates doses to public sites.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tayter Swift posted:

Oof, the nearest one is 60 miles away. She's going to have to wait then. Thanks.

Reposting from cspam

jetz0r posted:

vax trip report:

Signed up for pfizer microchips at a rural norcal cvs last week, according to the form I'm a food/ag worker with a heart condition. Website asked for my insurance info, and basic personal info.

Got a text from CVS this morning reminding me about the appointment, and to bring ID and insurance, and gave me a link to check in with once I was at the pharmacy. We got to the pharmacy a bit early, couldn't use the sign in link until T-15 minutes. Used the link as soon it opened up, then went inside wearing respirators. The vax check in table was by the entrance, we gave our names, got the little CDC vax card and was told to go wait in the makeup aisle where the vax site was setup.

They asked our names, if we used the check-in link, and if we had any reactions to previous vaccines or medications. Then sit, poke, done. There were some chairs nearby (still in the middle of the store) to wait at for the observation period.

Never asked for any paperwork or proof of anything. No ID, no insurance card, no W2, no employee badge, no doctor note. I said maybe 30 words the whole time I was in there.

Few hours later, my arm is a little sore and getting worse. Nothing worse than a normal vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I've tried to unsubscribe from Gavin's stupid emails like three times now but he keeps sending them to me