Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I sold my cobble souvwnir package after it started dipping in pirce from 60 bucks to like 50 over a year and i dont want to look at how much its worth now to save myself the heart condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Budzilla posted:

You could probably cash out that stuff for €400 at a cash out site.

I thought about that, but my Steam library is valuable enough that I wouldn’t want to risk getting banned for breaking the TOS. Free PC games for a couple of years or perhaps a 50% off Valve Index is good enough for me.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Sold my M4A1-S | Knight for $800 on the market last fall.

It's now $1600.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Smol posted:

I thought about that, but my Steam library is valuable enough that I wouldn’t want to risk getting banned for breaking the TOS. Free PC games for a couple of years or perhaps a 50% off Valve Index is good enough for me.
It's extremely unlikely anything will happen to your account but I understand the worry. Valve can't stop this sort of trading since it would undermine the skins economy that it would hurt Valve's revenue more than anything.

You have the Chinese marketplace called BUFF and it's a peer to peer market place that requires you to give your Steam API key which is against Valve's TOS. However no one has had their account trade locked or banned for using that service. Also I typed "skins economy"

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I've been wondering if i should get back into this, but last time I joined a pubbie game the racism and homophobia was loving insane. Then the game after someone just routinely harassed a woman who was on our team. Has any of it gotten enforced at all?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Beamed posted:

I've been wondering if i should get back into this, but last time I joined a pubbie game the racism and homophobia was loving insane. Then the game after someone just routinely harassed a woman who was on our team. Has any of it gotten enforced at all?

Play with goons!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Beamed posted:

nthing mcvey to come play goonmans. As much as I love this game the overall community is absolute dogshit human beings, cheaters, and sometimes both at once!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

goonmans

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

Sold my M4A1-S | Knight for $800 on the market last fall.

It's now $1600.

I had a MW Howl at one point. I converted it 4 years ago for budget brand living room furniture. It’s now worth nice furniture.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

djfooboo posted:

I had a MW Howl at one point. I converted it 4 years ago for budget brand living room furniture. It’s now worth nice furniture.

but how much is that in bike parts

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

muh goonmans

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am less bad now, but still bottom-tier bad.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

but how much is that in bike parts
Enough to pay for a third of a high end road bike.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I've never seen a 0.000000 before

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
imagining how toxic neo must have been afterwards and shuddering.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

mcvey posted:

I've never seen a 0.000000 before

I've done it. :smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Reviewed a demo for TC, felt like these notes would help out a lot of people if they actually want to play CS:

General Notes:
It seems like you're playing a lot more of a deathmatch game than a CS game. You go out, you take a fight, you hope you win. Its a classic goon bad habit. It doesn't seem like there's an actual purpose to a lot of things.
I always try to tell myself in games to be doing something to help the team. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to be moving or getting the kill all the time. Just be doing something. If you're going somewhere go there, if you're holding something hold it.
Lets put it this way, if you're giving up holding an angle, then that means its time to get out of a position where that angle is going to be effective.

Start thinking more about the flow of the game. If your team is pushing you should be pushing with them. If your team is working angles and looking for picks make sure they don't get crept up on or surprised.

There was an obvious lack of meaningful communcation on your team, it felt like everyone was kind of in the same boat as you. You all were going to go out get your kill then call information after. Let people know what you're doing. Pugs are kind of luck of the draw, but at the very least you can communicate, "hey I'm holding your cat, you're on your own" or "I'm with you".

I'd also say think of every fight you're taking as starting out at 50:50 everything you're doing up to that point tilts it for or against you. Nades help you. Clearing all the corners before you get to the fight helps you. Knowing what the enemies options are / where your teammates are helps you. Using cover helps you.

CT Notes:
You take a lot of fights from open angles instead of cover when you can dictate the decision.

Lack of Communication.

Initiate combat from angles that have cover/ don't rely on them missing.

You use nades very reactionary. Make them work for you. It feels like you kind of just toss them cause, or you just hold the angle and take the aim duel 1vX rather than delaying.

T side notes.
You need to be more methodical with your peeks. You do a lot of wide swinging without having checked any of the first angles. Basically you're running out saying hey you get the advantage of first shot. It works if you have someone there to trade / help, but especially in the lurk / late round situations you were in you were just glossing over when you had more than enough time.

You need to be aware of what your team is doing. A lot of situations you were doing things that would swing the chance of winning massively for or against based on an aim duel. I.E. stop holding an angle without a plan of where you're going, not using utility to help teammates get to places safely.

You never use your utility. Especially with how you were peeking you need to use it to make sure those angles you're glossing over aren't occupied.

General Notes:
It seems like you're playing a lot more of a deathmatch game than a CS game. You go out, you take a fight, you hope you win. Its a classic goon bad habit. It doesn't seem like there's an actual purpose to a lot of things.
I always try to tell myself in games to be doing something to help the team. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to be moving or getting the kill all the time. Just be doing something. If you're going somewhere go there, if you're holding something hold it.
Lets put it this way, if you're giving up holding an angle, then that means its time to get out of a position where that angle is going to be effective.

Start thinking more about the flow of the game. If your team is pushing you should be pushing with them. If your team is working angles and looking for picks make sure they don't get crept up on or surprised.

There was an obvious lack of meaningful communcation on your team, it felt like everyone was kind of in the same boat as you. You all were going to go out get your kill then call information after. Let people know what you're doing. Pugs are kind of luck of the draw, but at the very least you can communicate, "hey I'm holding your cat, you're on your own" or "I'm with you".

I'd also say think of every fight you're taking as starting out at 50:50 everything you're doing up to that point tilts it for or against you. Nades help you. Clearing all the corners before you get to the fight helps you. Knowing what the enemies options are / where your teammates are helps you. Using cover helps you.

TL:DR:
Use your nades.
Communicate with your team.
Create advantages and maintain them.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

You copied pasted the same part twice. But I think this is the most important part of CSGO.

Kwilty posted:

Communicate with your team.
I recently had a solo queue game on Cache and while my teammates' skill wasn't that great (including mine) everyone was listening and doing calls. It makes it so much easier and pleasant to play even when you lose the rounds. Nothing worse than having teammates who have microphones and don't use them. Then they ask why I am not rotating fast enough to a new area and being all salty about it.

Also the final week of the operation has just been released, but you have until the end of April to collect all the stars for the missions.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I mean I get that it can annoy people when some players don’t have or use a mic, but so many players get so tilted about it. A lot of the voice chatter in games is pointless stuff you end up mentally discarding anyways. Obviously some calls are great, but people go way fuckin overboard when the information they’re giving you is already obvious or wrong. And going on tilt because a player isn’t using a mic that much is worse than the player who’s staying relatively quiet.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
hey tc,

General Notes:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Tetramin posted:

I mean I get that it can annoy people when some players don’t have or use a mic, but so many players get so tilted about it. A lot of the voice chatter in games is pointless stuff you end up mentally discarding anyways. Obviously some calls are great, but people go way fuckin overboard when the information they’re giving you is already obvious or wrong. And going on tilt because a player isn’t using a mic that much is worse than the player who’s staying relatively quiet.
I understand, there is a difference between not using your mic, not using it much and not owning a mic. People who don't own a mic might have voice chat enabled anyway and are helpful, so are not necessarily part of the problem. But if you own a mic and you flatly won't use it at all why bother? The case I used is just an extreme example but happens on occasion.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
A lot of things you think are obvious aren't because a lot of people, it turns out, are blessed with an absolute horrid gamesense. Me included, probably. Pug communication often boils down to calling enemy locations anyway until you reach a relatively high level where people actually start calling out gaps, timings, making actual plays together and effectively searching for information instead of just frags more often. Or even just effectively managing their utility as a team. If it's like a mid-level pug and I had to choose I will take a silent guy over an angry russian any day of the week (eu east servers for me, even if I barely ever MM anymore).

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I love your AV because every time I see it I think of my favorite allu clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHGp00ukt28

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Hey been a while since I did one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXY5TbdUpu8

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

im calling the cops on that viewmodel

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Kehveli posted:

im calling the cops on that viewmodel

You think that's bad? It's just the closets approximation CS has to centered Quake weapons. If you want an annoyance, watch it again and pay attention to the fact all left sounds are +50% because I left my deaf corrected volume settings on.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

my speakers are set up *over there somewhere* because whenever direction or accuracy matters im on headphones, didn't even notice. I also realized i probably can't go too hard on anyone about viewmodels, because if we could get an equivalent of the non-animated hltv models and cl_bob 0 in csgo id be on that train so incredibly fast. Basically playing with a 2d sprite of a weapon.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I used to play with a centerish view model too it’s fun. Valve should do the same as shared crosshairs with specs to the viewmodels too. Gotta see what kinda psychos we’re dealing with.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Audax posted:

You think that's bad? It's just the closets approximation CS has to centered Quake weapons. If you want an annoyance, watch it again and pay attention to the fact all left sounds are +50% because I left my deaf corrected volume settings on.

honestly thought I was just losing my right side hearing. good poo poo aln

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Audax posted:

Hey been a while since I did one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXY5TbdUpu8

"could be up cat"
*is up cat*

how do they do it!?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Deadgame etcetc. but I randomly checked CS news today and saw that Device has signed with NiP. Pretty crazy stuff. Theoretically a very strong roster with a good mix of veterans and young talent now, could do some real damage. Maybe we'll live to see NiP win another Major before CS:GO 2. Not to make people feel insanely old, but he's been playing with Xyp and dupreeh for like 8 years straight lmao

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Weird! Must have gotten one hell of an offer from NiP to even consider a move like that

Though who knows what things are like behind the scenes or between the players in astralis

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Device wtf

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

There's been some whisperings of the players not feeling completely happy with the org during their last contract period so will be interesting to see if others leave as well or renegotiate with astralis. Either way, what a hell of a ride that roster had.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Kehveli posted:

Either way, what a hell of a ride that roster had.

https://www.hltv.org/player/7592/device#tab-achievementBox

4x Major Winner, 2x Major MVP, countless other trophies(it has a scroll bar!). He's got to be the most 'decorated' CSGO player. I hope this works out for him it's definitely exciting.

but it really should have been
-JW
+Device

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Obviously with a list of accomplishments like that it wasn't just a flash in the pan like say, gambit with that one major. But the whole arc of the core playing in TSM and choking out early in playoffs time after time to finally getting it all clicking and opening the flood gates with their first major. Must've been hella satisfying.

astralis jamppi :hmmyes:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

apparently device has been living in stockholm for like, years at this point and wanted to be on a team closer to home than astralis...or at least that's the public reasoning.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Was hoping they'd give at least one last try at a major to make it an absurd 4 in a row.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
Pretty classy send off video Astralis put together for Device. I haven't played CS since 1.6 but I tune into the big tournaments on occasion and I definitely got the chills watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKoRJ5sTI6A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

does anyone have that classic 1.6 video of that semi-pro meme team doing 5-man towers in scrims