Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

That loving Sned posted:

Totally agree. I want to call Kirby Super Star perfect, but what does that make Super Star Ultra?
Kirby Super Star but with a worse button layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

I’m surprised I didn’t notice the different physics and ability balance. All that matters is that Jet is absurdly fun to use.

The only other slight flaws with the original are the slowdown and how you can’t drop your ability without creating a partner.

what i remember off the top of my head are that the falling headbonk works a bit differently (but just enough for me to never not notice it argh), basic guarding isn't as op, and you can't charge plasma as ludicrously quick

the biggest thing for me is the co-op, but at the end of the day both are still the best kirby game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The Evo higher ups have said that they're not going to be limiting platforms at the event. Now whether Nintendo wants to have Smash at the event anymore, we can't say.

Nintendo hates the smash competitive scene so this is a great excuse for them to finally kill it

Evo becoming a Sony product sucks though, they're probably going to corp it up and ban a bunch of outfits / games

Rip Capcom lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why would it be rip capcom at an event most of the popular games are 1) theirs and 2) played on sony hardware

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

wuggles posted:

Yeah̴,̵ ̷d̵e̴f̴̛̛͇̱̖̹̀͂̄i̴̩̘̫͎̱̓̋̀͠n̵̔̏̎͜ḯ̶̈́̌̒̚͜͝t̸̨̩̠̒̀͠é̸̳̙̩͋̉̔̚͝l̶̙̻̻͙͒y̸̦̖͎̻͙͐͐̃̚͘͝ n̵͕͕̪͆̏̀͂̃̌̑̓̌̑͋̑̾́͂̌͋̓̀͆͛̍̌̾̋̀̂̆̕͝͠ǫ̷̧̣̫̺̣̠̟̗̫͑́̂̔̈́̇͗̕͘t̸̡̡̛̛̛̮̝͍͉̤͖̭͈̟̣̣̳̖͙̲͕̣̹̻̜̉̍̽̽̈́͗̋̈̿̑̂̏̎̓̀̓̐͑́͘̕͘͜͜͜͝.̸͈͔̳͓̝̗͍͎̦̼̮͙̦̦̦̊̋̉̉̊͑̅̏̅̅̄̎̿̅͐͑̔̾͗͝͝͝

̵̡̼̱̺̺̜̋̄͆͜ͅ ̷̡̛͔̤̠̬̲͍͎̻̯̳͓̒̌͛̉̐͋̾̈́͋̈́̇̈́̎͜͜ͅ ̸̳̟̗̥̣͗̅́̇͂̄͒̋͘͘ ̷̧̡͈̠͇̫̤̹̯̫͚̟͍̰͓͎̘̜̭͉̻͈̒̉̀̓̿̊̔̍͂̚͝ ̷̧̡͉͍͓̫̫͈̺͍̫̝̘̖̯̩͙̀̐̿͜:hmmyes: ̸͉̀̿̏͛͗͂̂̄͗͗̂̈́́͋́̒͑̑͊ ̵̢̧̨̧̞̘̯̙̫̣͖̣̳̱̇͒̈́̆͑͛̐͌̇̋̈͗̈́̉̾̚̚͠ ̴̧̢͍̹̪͔̩̻̐̆̈́̆͑́̀̉́͂͗̇̾̅͘͠͠ͅ ̷̨̢̛̛̦̥̱̗͕̣̖͖̺̮̓̀͆̽̈̂͂̌̃̿͐͊̐̚̚͜ ̸̢̢̻͙̤̻̯̯̮̤͉̪̮̙̦͇̰͇͂̈́̀̈́̊͗̑̆́̊͘͜͝͝͝ ̵̨̧̣͉̬̘͖̼̙̗̫͕͍̙͓̺̎͗͂͐̓̆̅̓͘

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Nintendo hates the smash competitive scene so this is a great excuse for them to finally kill it

Evo becoming a Sony product sucks though, they're probably going to corp it up and ban a bunch of outfits / games

Rip Capcom lol

evo was already pretty corped up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

hmmm

super star:
+ easy couch co-op
+ sightly better physics
+ original capsule j design do not steal
+ better cutscenes

super star ultra
+ new modes are great
+ new music
+ very cute sprites
+ wham bam rock looks much less racist
- rebalanced powers
- the charged beam sound effect is different and worse

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2 on Gameboy was my first Kirby games. I tried Super Star once on an emulator and it felt wrong and didn't have animals to ride and I quit it without a second thought. Maybe I should try it again sometime! Is it on Switch SNES Online, I ask, knowing that no, no games you want to play ever are or will be.

In other news Kirby Star Stacker still best puzzle game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2 on Gameboy was my first Kirby games. I tried Super Star once on an emulator and it felt wrong and didn't have animals to ride and I quit it without a second thought. Maybe I should try it again sometime! Is it on Switch SNES Online, I ask, knowing that no, no games you want to play ever are or will be.

it is on snesflix

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

The first game in Super Star is a remake of Kirby's Dreamland the First

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah right, how could they fit a whole game inside of another one. They'd have to make two carts!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Yeah right, how could they fit a whole game inside of another one. They'd have to make two carts!!!

Kirby contains multitudes, friend

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's weird and hosed up and misogynist

e: not kirby

There's ones about guys too, it's just a matter of making your target audience (mostly) men or (mostly) women. There's one called Touken Ranbu about samurai swords incarnated as hot guys.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Motto posted:

There's ones about guys too, it's just a matter of making your target audience (mostly) men or (mostly) women. There's one called Touken Ranbu about samurai swords incarnated as hot guys.

Speaking of the upcoming Boyfriend Dungeon is going to be very good

https://youtu.be/lRQjfd0Zf5U

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
might be very good if you've got a boyfriend or are a boyfriend but just us boys aren't allowed in and it hurts!!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Motto posted:

Sounds weird

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grapplejack posted:

Rip Capcom lol

Wouldn't want a professional (e)sporting event to be corped up, that never happens.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I wonder what is inside Kirby. Another dimension? Or a big floating void full of monsters and other junk that they have inhaled over the course of several decades worth of cool games

edit: corrected potential misgendering of Kirby. Videogames' first non binary lead character?

Convex fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 19, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sounds weird

what do you have against samurai swords

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the cool thing about e-sports is there aren't any worth playing or watching since brood war died

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cozy grove is pretty neat so far

probably the closest thing you're gonna get to an indie take on animal crossing, although it does its own thing (you are helping ghost villagers remember who they are by doing tasks for them, as their heart level grows the area around them gets more colorful and you can harvest in colored areas). but like animal crossing it has a real-time clock and quests that unlock over time, it has mail from villagers with presents, it has the typical resource harvesting loop, and it has achievements that give you in-game money (like nook miles). so far i have a basic shovel, pickaxe and fishing rod and just a few recipes to craft, although i've only been playing for a couple of hours since last night. villagers give you spirit logs to feed to your campfire which levels it up and causes more of the island to reveal itself (and thus more villagers).

they may need to tweak some of the controls... this is the apple arcade version so it's designed for touch first and controller second.. the buttons are mapped OK-ish, but i've had to tap multiple times in harvesting spots sometimes for it to actually do what I ask. and navigating the inventory menu is more of a pain than animal crossing

this is by the dev of Triple Town and Alphabear so they generally are a mobile dev first, although they did Road Not Taken on PC (all their stuff is on Steam at this point). also lots of bears

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

triple town? say no more

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So glad to be home away from work and resting on the couch with a cat in my lap. Drangleic awaits later! :)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Was Triple Town ever as aggressively cloned as Threes? Wasn't there a lawsuit or something?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Andrast posted:

what do you have against samurai swords

lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Road Not Taken bumped up to the top of my game list when I set up my PS5... Maybe I should play more of it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CDPR released an update on what is going on with Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 update. Its key features is an unstuck car button, and some better police AI :lol:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Was Triple Town ever as aggressively cloned as Threes? Wasn't there a lawsuit or something?
there were a few, but triple town itself wasn't an original idea

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Happy birthday, birthday neighbor. I turned 33 34 (time has lost all meaning) today myself, celebrating 1 year of working from home and almost total isolation from people outside my family.

At least I got an Apple Watch to commemorate the occasion

happy birthday!!! :toot:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Tried out Breathedge since it is available via Gamepass now. So far it seems very much like a Subnautica in space, but the thing that really turned me off the game was the constant, terrible attempts at humor.

The best way I can think of describing it is the subreddit "r/funny" written by someone who's main language is obviously not English, but trying very hard to sound American.

So you're floating trough space and this really quite nice, atmospheric music is playing, then the wacky AI character will break in with a barrage of unfunny exposition and the whole experience gets ruined.

Here's hoping the new Subnautica game is done soon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Breathedge (everything about it)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Subnautica also has a funny AI companion

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

wuggles posted:

Speaking of the upcoming Boyfriend Dungeon is going to be very good

https://youtu.be/lRQjfd0Zf5U

Well, I do like boyfriends AND dungeons

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know what's also available on Gamepass now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jalmlrrvEp4
Maybe I should "pop the top on the javelin"

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Stay safe, Anthem of Creation

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

CDPR released an update on what is going on with Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 update. Its key features is an unstuck car button, and some better police AI :lol:

whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. don't oversell it. there isn't better police AI, they just don't spawn directly behind you anymore

instead they spawn a police drone directly behind you that just moves towards you, and then 10 feet further behind you are the police

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I actually own anthem. It came with my graphics card.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Those flying mechanics (and the robot suit animations, holy poo poo they're so good) really deserved to be in a better game :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought the flying was awful tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

just exclusives?

FF7R
13 Sentinels (i assume that's the giant robot one)
God of War
Persona 5 Royal
TLOU 2 and the 1 remaster
Shadow of Colossus remake
The Last Guardian
Judgment and Yakuza 6 (probably coming to PC soon though)
Spider-man
the Uncharted series
Ghosts of Tsushima

Hmmm, that's not a lot of games I want to play. I'm not interested in Naughty Dog games or Persona, and some of those others are just eh to me as well. Maybe I should get an Xbone instead.