Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

my recruiter was very upfront about NO standing for Naval Opportunities

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mirthless posted:

They'll also know if you ever ran a bank card at a dispensary

I've never seen a dispensary accept anything but cash. Bank cards are tied to the FDIC, and because weed is federally illegal, banks won't allow you to use your card there.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Just lmao if you tell your employer about your drug habits. Past or present. Every one of those staffers deserves to be fired for being so stupid.

PS its super easy to pass an employment piss test with fake pee ;)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I've never seen a dispensary accept anything but cash. Bank cards are tied to the FDIC, and because weed is federally illegal, banks won't allow you to use your card there.

they literally scan your ID each time in illinois lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

:hai:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

another sterling take from an econ poisoned prof here.......

https://twitter.com/margueriteroza/status/1372721228926967808?s=21

lmao these people are loving freaks

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

DoomTrainPhD posted:

In states where it's legal, you don't need a medical card. Also, a lot of these people admitted to using weed in the past.
Looking at DC, it looks like you do need a medical card, but my point still stands. These people admitted to using weed in the past. Lmao

don't think you need a medical card to buy a ''t-shirt' in dc.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Well, also LMAO@ willingly working for Joe loving Biden.

right????

it seems funny when we consider the context of public political figures, but Joe P. Nobody doesn't have pundits and oped writers working around the clock to shield them from consequences when they perjure themselves and they don't have the political connections to help them leapfrog the investigation process

I'm not saying "pity these people", they should have expected this when they worked for a loving prohibitionist

I'm just saying, don't blame them for taking the process seriously. Federal hiring is different than private sector hiring. Lying on the background check and faking the drug test is actual perjury and you really can lose a lot more than just the job opportunity. The FBI has a lot more access to your records than the private sector does, and you waive a lot of your rights to privacy from intrusion when you sign the form. If you're willing to bet your future on the notion that the shady company that partners with state unemployment to put ATMs in every dispensary isn't sharing their receipts with the FBI, by all means, lie on the form.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Mar 19, 2021

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

a Loving Dog posted:

PS its super easy to pass an employment piss test with fake pee ;)

I've even done it on a random :toot:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Everyone who spent 4 years calling Trump fat clumsy senile bald ugly orange pissbitch shitmuffin now going Wow, the President stumbled. Have some Respect. This isn't Newsworthy.

And ppl who spent 4 years portraying Trump as buff all-American Superman are gonna eat this up

Politics = team sports

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

pigz posted:

don't think you need a medical card to buy a ''t-shirt' in dc.

I also wouldn't bet on DC weed dealers not being informants to the FBI, lmao

Just because it's decriminalized doesn't mean nobody's keeping tabs

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Mirthless posted:

I've even done it on a random :toot:

lol jesus were you watched?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

and joe comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

I'll say that the security services see violation of previous employment 'agreements' as the bigger deal. I.e you worked at the OMB or Walmart and they prohibit marijuana use, but you acknowledge you didn't follow that agreement by using the bad drug.

That said it's all bullshit, if any govt org wants you bad enough they can get you through the clearance process regardless of past marijuana use. That is of course extra true when working for the president who is the person who stands atop the entire clearance system and can do whatever he likes with it.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

:yooge: SAD!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

a Loving Dog posted:

lol jesus were you watched?

Thankfully no, lol, I'm 100% private sector so there's actual laws protecting me from that sort of thing

There was a big batch of people being done and the CEO was in line right after me that morning, so I said "oh, poo poo, I just peed, s-sorry!", and the HR lady let me get a drink while she went to collect the CEO's piss. I heated up a little bottle of water I was carrying with me at the time and slipped it in my pants, and mixed it with a vial of powdered urine once I was in the bathroom. Came out frothy and warm.

As an aside, the drug testing lady was poached from the narcotics unit of our local PD and was mostly used to nail people to the wall before they could get the company in trouble or sue us, it felt pretty good to pull one over on a professional

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Mirthless posted:

I also wouldn't bet on DC weed dealers not being informants to the FBI, lmao

Just because it's decriminalized doesn't mean nobody's keeping tabs

yeah probably got em working in shifts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9CynvMlFyo

This seems like a Joe thing, not a security services thing, they really don't care if you smoke weed if they actually want to hire you. And no the FBI likely doesn't have bunch of informants working tourist traps selling weed to the surrounding states lol they are way to busy entrapping people on terrorism charges.

edit: and for the record recreational marijuana is legal in DC, you just can't 'sell' it so people instead sell 't-shirts' with a free gift. Or so I understood it to be that way.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If it hadn't been for tumblin' joe
caged kids woulda been freed long time ago

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

why still use stairs? how do people with wheelchairs get in?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

we didn't disqualify them automatically, we went out of our way to do it. now that's progress!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shame it didn't happen when he was exiting the aircraft

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Dolphin posted:

shame it didn't happen when he was exiting the aircraft
tick tock

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

thinking about those political commercials focusing on...biden's superior ambulatory skills

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watch them install an elevator

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Radirot posted:

why still use stairs? how do people with wheelchairs get in?

Because the first time a president takes an escalator into air force one, every opposition party pundit will be talking about how it's time to invoke the 25th amendment

The logic is that a president should be able to tackle a flight of stairs or at least have a good reason to not be able to do so

And to be honest, if the extent of someone's disability is, "being old", maybe the stair test should loving stay

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

I feel really dumb that I've known who Glenn Greenwald is for significantly longer then I've known "drama queen" wasn't originally a generalized insult but rather a description of a particular type of gay man. Not that I don't love him for it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pigz posted:

I'll say that the security services see violation of previous employment 'agreements' as the bigger deal. I.e you worked at the OMB or Walmart and they prohibit marijuana use, but you acknowledge you didn't follow that agreement by using the bad drug.

That said it's all bullshit, if any govt org wants you bad enough they can get you through the clearance process regardless of past marijuana use. That is of course extra true when working for the president who is the person who stands atop the entire clearance system and can do whatever he likes with it.

Yeah, Kushner was never able to get through the clearance process but the President was just like, whatever, here's a bunch of intel to sell to the Saudis.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I feel really dumb that I've known who Glenn Greenwald is for significantly longer then I've known "drama queen" wasn't originally a generalized insult but rather a description of a particular type of gay man. Not that I don't love him for it.

i love glenn because he alternates between banger posts and good takes and saying the most idiotic thing possible the very next day, he always keeps you on your toes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

huh

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nichael posted:

probably, but a major reason why trump was "allowed" to do whatever the gently caress he wanted to prior to his Presidency was his wealth. where are you going to find a wealthy, unhinged leftist?

Its not inconceivable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Lenin posted:

Ilya married Maria Alexandrovna Blank in mid-1863.[4] Well educated, she was the daughter of a wealthy German–Swedish Lutheran mother, and according to some sources a Russian Jewish father who had converted to Christianity and worked as a physician.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt posted:

Roosevelt's parents, who were sixth cousins,[4] both came from wealthy old New York families, the Roosevelts, the Aspinwalls and the Delanos, respectively.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I missed this earlier but uh have you really never seen an ATM in a dispensary before? Is there something in your state that keeps ATMs out of dispensaries?

Most places with legal regimes get around the federal prohibition on marijuana by having banks partner with dispensaries to put ATMs in the lobby. Yeah, you have to pay cash with everything, but you get cash at the dispensary.

My state's unemployment agency partners with the banking network that runs most of the dispensary ATMs around here, as a matter of fact. Best places to find fee-free ATMs for unemployment are dispensaries and liquor stores.

(:tinfoil: they are 100% tracking who uses those ATMs)

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Mar 19, 2021

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mirthless posted:

As an aside, the drug testing lady was poached from the narcotics unit of our local PD and was mostly used to nail people to the wall before they could get the company in trouble or sue us, it felt pretty good to pull one over on a professional

this reminds me of a recent scandal at a drug testing lab, where one of the analysts was somehow able to complete 300% more tests, to the delight of the supervisors and the police, because she just marked the tests she worked on as positive.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

Its not inconceivable.

The most unhinged thing about FDR was that he listened to the people around him shouting about deficits and because of this, was alone responsible for the "Roosevelt Depression" in 1938

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

bedpan posted:

this reminds me of a recent scandal at a drug testing lab, where one of the analysts was somehow able to complete 300% more tests, to the delight of the supervisors and the police, because she just marked the tests she worked on as positive.

was that the one where it was all just an elaborate system to shuffle around meth for personal use?

drug testing lab scandals :allears:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Organ Fiend posted:

Its not inconceivable.

FDR wasn't a leftist, the New Deal was just an attempt to stave off an actual communist movement in the US

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mirthless posted:

I missed this earlier but uh have you really never seen an ATM in a dispensary before? Is there something in your state that keeps ATMs out of dispensaries?

Most places with legal regimes get around the federal prohibition on marijuana by having banks partner with dispensaries to put ATMs in the lobby. Yeah, you have to pay cash with everything, but you get cash at the dispensary.

My state's unemployment agency partners with the banking network that runs most of the dispensary ATMs around here, as a matter of fact. Best places to find fee-free ATMs for unemployment are dispensaries and liquor stores.

(:tinfoil: they are 100% tracking who uses those ATMs)

sure someone could pull receipts if they really cared, but the dispensary ATMs occupy the same niche as the ones at strip clubs

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tricky D posted:

sure someone could pull receipts if they really cared, but the dispensary ATMs occupy the same niche as the ones at strip clubs

I mean that's my point

The federal background check process gives somebody a reason to care, and enables them the constitutional reach to do it

Does it mean they will? Maybe not, but I've heard of people getting whacked on a clearance form two years after the fact, it's clearly not a rubberstamp process and if there's something to find they'll find it. Why even take the chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mirthless posted:

was that the one where it was all just an elaborate system to shuffle around meth for personal use?

drug testing lab scandals :allears:

I think so, I'll have to check. But I know the one you are talking about. The analyst was taking everything that came across her desk. Literally consuming all the drugs literally every day.

iirc, police loved her though because if they told her "this is a bad guy" when dropping off the sample, somehow she would always find something!

the courts are fighting really, really hard to not throw out all of the cases where fraudulent testing was involved. The argument that has been used before in situations like this is that even if the test results used as evidence were fraudulent, the legal process itself was still sound and so there would be no grounds to overturn cases.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Mar 19, 2021