Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

Atlantic still pumping the "Kids can't get covid" bullshit peddled by an econ professor

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1372532958050025477

Trust "science"!

this person should be in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Flunky posted:

this person should be in prison
Next time that big economics field conference happens they should just erect a barbed wire fence around it and never let any of them leave

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mirthless posted:

I mean that's my point

The federal background check process gives somebody a reason to care, and enables them the constitutional reach to do it

Does it mean they will? Maybe not, but I've heard of people getting whacked on a clearance form two years after the fact, it's clearly not a rubberstamp process and if there's something to find they'll find it. Why even take the chance?

i was more poking fun at the assertion that dispensary ATMs are feeding withdrawal data directly to LEOs, like the NSA is maintaining a database of 'this guy bought weed in a medical/legalized MJ state'

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Engels is a much better example of a wealthy unhinged leftist than FDR or Lenin having married into a bit

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

im real tired of this rear end in a top hat too. the only thing that differentiates her from trump's liars is that she's even better at spinning bullshit than they were

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/Clarknt67/status/1372911517700591620

man Jennifer Rubin sounds exactly as expected too

wow this is some top-tier cringe lmfao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
libs: Marianne Williamson believes in power crystals and auras and poo poo what a crazy person
also libs: Economics is a real science and we should listen to economists

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

libs: Marianne Williamson believes in power crystals and auras and poo poo what a crazy person
also libs: Economics is a real science and we should listen to economists

one of my earliest cracks and pings is when I learned that there's an entire school of economics that actively rejects empirical evidence

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/shinkanemaru/status/1372924820132872193?s=19

No you didn't lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmfao

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Willa Rogers posted:

something I've seen come up already online is how fubar it's gonna be for divorced parents with kids.

most divorced parents agree to alternating years for tax credits if they share custody, and the IRS isn't splitting payments per parent, so the payments will go to one ex who's supposed to split it with the other ex.

AAAAAAAAA

Holy poo poo, I never thought of that. The tax credits AND the stimmy are gas on heated divorces.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

biden is like the chief architect of the war on drugs, this is exactly what you voted for

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joe Biden is simply listening to the science presented in the hit movie Reefer Madness, which he saw as a kid.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

AAAAAAAAA

Holy poo poo, I never thought of that. The tax credits AND the stimmy are gas on heated divorces.

we've cut marriages in half

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Pounded in the butt while getting on air force one.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...gently caress now I'm sure there's rule 34 of Joe Biden, in the style of Buff Bernie

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Excelzior posted:

...gently caress now I'm sure there's rule 34 of Joe Biden, in the style of Buff Bernie

I'm remembering that one woman who did art of her loving the Presidents lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Excelzior posted:

I mean, there is fetish-inspired fanart, yes, and it has been posted, yes

not quite as weird as bodybuilder Pelosi in a steam-censored shower scene ofc

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
something about DOCTOR jill biden's calf cramps

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I'm remembering that one woman who did art of her loving the Presidents lol

I remember someone doing paintings of Democratic figures going down on her which prompted several extremely serious arguments about whether this was real feminism or just insanely creepy, are we thinking of the same person

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Sen. Coo*s looks like a scalded nutsack.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Biden did say he'd decriminalize marijuana, didn't he? I didn't imagine it? Like, he said no one should be in jail for smoking pot: https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/05/16/joe-biden-nobody-should-be-in-jail-for-smoking-marijuana/

And he tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1196577576644415489

And this is from his website:

quote:

Decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior cannabis use convictions. Biden believes no one should be in jail because of cannabis use. As president, he will decriminalize cannabis use and automatically expunge prior convictions. And, he will support the legalization of cannabis for medical purposes, leave decisions regarding legalization for recreational use up to the states, and reschedule cannabis as a schedule II drug so researchers can study its positive and negative impacts.

So like... hows that going? I know you're busy Joe but can I get a time frame on when you're gonna do this???

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

hes a liar

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Biden did say he'd decriminalize marijuana, didn't he? I didn't imagine it? Like, he said no one should be in jail for smoking pot: https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/05/16/joe-biden-nobody-should-be-in-jail-for-smoking-marijuana/

And he tweeted this:

So like... hows that going? I know you're busy Joe but can I get a time frame on when you're gonna do this???

Jail is where people go before their trial; prison is where people go after conviction. No one should be in jail for marijuana use, the should be in prison for marijuana use.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

something I've seen come up already online is how fubar it's gonna be for divorced parents with kids.

most divorced parents agree to alternating years for tax credits if they share custody, and the IRS isn't splitting payments per parent, so the payments will go to one ex who's supposed to split it with the other ex.

my brother in law was soft-bitching about this on the phone from prison yesterday, lol

while the Biden admin fought heroically to means test this check, they also fought heroically to make sure everyone in the prison system no matter how heinous also got their stimmy, so look forward to those ads in the leadup to november 2022

The Pussy Boss posted:

And he tweeted this:

in the time between this tweet and Biden getting elected they literally removed marijuana reform as a plank of the democratic party, while he has trended harder and harder towards 1980s joe, which is probably the mode he is stuck on now that his brain has turned to mush

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 18:40 on Mar 19, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shyduck posted:

hes a liar

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/life_art_love/status/1372898073874210822

who gave their insanely obnoxious grandma a twitter account

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/Econ_Marshall/status/1372958073132781570?s=20

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nation Shocked As Boy Who Has Cried Wolf For 80 Years Did Not Actually Tell The Truth This Time

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
He also said he would work on reversing the trump tax cuts for the wealthy immediately after he gets elected and literally not a single word of that has been mentioned past the election

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

gotta fire kamala now, sorries it's a federal law :shrug:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

loquacius posted:

liberals are now suddenly very about the technicalities of federal law now that Their Guy is anti-weed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Slate too

liberals are so goddamn dumb

I had a conversation with my parents about how Biden being president is somehow good for stopping the pandemic.

The response seems to amount to "it's important that our political leaders tell us to wear masks." I asked "do you seriously think anyone who didn't wear a mask because Trump told them not to is going to listen to Biden?" The response to that was to basically just re-assert that it matters.

Most liberals just have a gut feeling that "having smart people in charge" is super important, and they think Biden is putting smart people in charge.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I think my rear end is clenched about this so hard because I know that the weed crackdowns are gonna start in the red states, between the cops who really hate legal weed and liberals wanting to get back at the republicans for Trump, we never stood a chance :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

someone who chooses to go by the name "love wins" sadly agreeing that people breaking an unjust law deserve to be punished because "rules are meant to be followed" is just the most boomer poo poo possible is2g

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Unjust laws should not be followed" is like the bare minimum belief for anyone calling themselves a good person

turning a runaway slave over to slave catchers because rules are meant to be followed, and the issue is that the rules haven't been changed yet

it's out of my hands, I tell the Jew hiding under my neighbor's floorboards as I point them out to the SS. Rules are meant to be followed! Try to get this rule changed from wherever it is they take you

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Lover of people, art, and justice. Proud Resistor.

also: Joined November 2016

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Mirthless posted:

I think my rear end is clenched about this so hard because I know that the weed crackdowns are gonna start in the red states, between the cops who really hate legal weed and liberals wanting to get back at the republicans for Trump, we never stood a chance :(

"weed crackdowns" aka turning it into a giant corporation that can also punish you like California does

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ytlaya posted:

I had a conversation with my parents about how Biden being president is somehow good for stopping the pandemic.

The response seems to amount to "it's important that our political leaders tell us to wear masks." I asked "do you seriously think anyone who didn't wear a mask because Trump told them not to is going to listen to Biden?" The response to that was to basically just re-assert that it matters.

Most liberals just have a gut feeling that "having smart people in charge" is super important, and they think Biden is putting smart people in charge.

I understand and share this impulse but it abruptly cuts off for me as soon as action fails to materialize from words and I don't understand how the gently caress it isn't the same for these people

I watched a thing about Flight 571 recently, and the current state of american politics sounds a lot like a bunch of people milling around outside a crashed plane on the mountainside shouting down every negative voice with "RESCUE IS COMING, WE NEED TO HAVE FAITH IN GOD" mere weeks before being forced to cannibalize each other for survival

toxic positivitiy

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Mar 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

shyduck posted:

hes a liar

I thought it was bad when the President lies? I seem to remember CNN NYT WaPo etc saying that a lot about the last guy. Maybe they could look into this?