Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ostentatious posted:

Why is everything with y’all a deus ex esque dark overlords pulling the strings poo poo not to defend the loving Texans of all organizations but can we please respect the fact that coming out with sexual assault allegations is extremely difficult to do especially if the person involved is rich and powerful and it wasn’t some lever the ownership flung that had “pervert puller” written on it.

This is why it's always hard to come out with this stuff. You get people like Detective Dick and Balls trying to find a million conspiracy threads. Give it a rest. These people aren't smart enough to conceal this poo poo, again, he's just a piece of poo poo.

You can apply "he's just a piece of a poo poo" to multiple people in this case, at your discrepancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Origami Dali posted:

Now the new, very plausible conspiracy is how long had the team been covering it up.

The Texans aren't organizationally capable of that level of operational security.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Ostentatious posted:

Why is everything with y’all a deus ex esque dark overlords pulling the strings poo poo not to defend the loving Texans of all organizations but can we please respect the fact that coming out with sexual assault allegations is extremely difficult to do especially if the person involved is rich and powerful and it wasn’t some lever the ownership flung that had “pervert puller” written on it.

It doesn't have to be some grand machination for a team to know about their star player doing some heinous poo poo and keeping mum until it gets too big for them to contain it.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

tarbrush posted:

I would assume they knew he slept around and trawled social media for sex. I also assume that he's far from the only one on the team that does it, and they choose to not look to closely.

one of the complaints has him referring the victim to other players on the team, so yeah probably

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Thirteen million terminal cspam brains zipping in to say WHAT IF THERE'S A CONSPIRACY like those star wars guys asking if there's a points threshold for halftime

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4th-7th lawsuits got entered into the Harris County portal https://imgur.com/a/OIdgctz https://imgur.com/a/N6pahGu https://imgur.com/a/Y674vJ2 https://imgur.com/a/QBz6KbJ

:nws:

Lawsuit 6, June '20 posted:

Woman is a licensed massage therapist, owns her own business, markets through Instagram, in business for 11 years. Deshaun DMs woman and they speak on phone, “Watson told Plaintiff: ‘I make a lot of massage therapists uncomfortable and it’s really hard for me to find someone who will meet my needs…’”. Unlike the other women so far, this woman in #6 routinely provides massage therapy to athletes from professional football teams and other high-profile athletes. At a spa in Houston: “[Watson] refused Plaintiff’s attempts to cover him. Even when she covered his buttocks, he would purposely move to knock the towel off…As the session continued, Watson exposed his penis to Plaintiff several times. Watson laughingly told Plaintiff that she could move his penis out of the way….Plaintiff felt trapped, angry and dirty…Watson eventually had an erection. Multiple times he moved his body in such a way to make his penis touch Plaintiff…Watson continued to contact Plaintiff afterwards around seven more times to schedule another massage. Plaintiff either declined or ignored his requests and never worked with him again”

Lawsuit 7, Sept '20 posted:

Woman owns a fitness company offering body conditioning, markets through Instagram, in business three years. “Watson asked Plaintiff if he could be naked, and even asked Plaintiff if it was okay if he got aroused. Plaintiff told Watson to cover himself while she attempted to stay professional and finish the session. At some point during the session, Watson became aroused and got an erection. Watson continued to move his body in a way that would repeatedly cause his penis to touch Plaintiff’s hand. Plaintiff was shocked and moved away from him. Lying on the table on his back, Watson then ejaculated. Plaintiff immediately stopped the session and left the room”

:nws:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm still :psyberger: with each of these filings that comes in. Jesus Christ.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope theres enough evidence for watson to serve time.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
:gonk:

just...

:gonk:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

It's like he was counting coup with his dick. The gently caress

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The timelines are just insane. It’s like he was doing this to a new person every other weekend

I wish that attention seeking attorney would just expand on his communication with the HPD

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This is all so loving wild. Y'all, Cosby's allegations were often separated by loving years.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I think it's safe to say, the only galaxy brain move here is opting not to jump on the settlement offer. Because, holy poo poo, that would have been a good idea.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

The timelines are just insane. It’s like he was doing this to a new person every other weekend

I wish that attention seeking attorney would just expand on his communication with the HPD

I still cannot quite process that he was a squeaky clean boy scout like four days ago.

As someone said earlier, Weinstein et al generally had reputations, however tacit and squashed. How did he keep this quiet

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Q_res posted:

I think it's safe to say, the only galaxy brain move here is opting not to jump on the settlement offer. Because, holy poo poo, that would have been a good idea.

poo poo even if he had this still would’ve come out if Deshaun had so little self-control he was doing this at least bi-weekly on average.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Every single weekend he was flying in an Instagram masseuse and sexually assaulting them.

Like....that’s pathological.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Q_res posted:

The attorney did say that they wanted the exposure more than the money, and I don’t believe he’s openly said they requested a settlement from Watson (which would obviously directly contradict the earlier statement) so you’ve only got Watson saying they tried to get money out of him. After the first accusation. When everyone was still pretty much “yeah... but let’s see her evidence” and now you’ve got a flood of professionals saying they’ve experienced the same thing. In the next context, I’m inclined to think Watson fabricated the settlement offer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
BoB really was incredible for getting the amount of success he did with how much turmoil was going on in the organization

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Q_res posted:

Lawyer is/was hated locally and seen as a blowhard. Watson may have assumed lawyers local history (the piece I got hung up on. I'll eat my crow raw) and the his own reputation would be enough to make it go away.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Did Watson have some weird upbringing to leave him hyperfocused on this poo poo as an outlet?

I know he's churchy, but I don't remember him as being super-duper Jesus side

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Again assuming the 22 announced allegations are literally everything and they all happened in 2020 as reported he was averaging one of these people every 17 days. It's unlikely that 100% of people will do anything, let alone report their sexual harassment to some random lawyer in Texas.

My mind just can't process that. That's nuts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why are we assuming he started this in 2020 at this point?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Every single weekend he was flying in an Instagram masseuse and sexually assaulting them.

Like....that’s pathological.

I mean it seems easy enough for a rich dude to get jerked off by a consenting adult. If this stuff is true Deshaun Watson seemingly got off on the lack of consent

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

God if this goes back to Clemson :stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We aren't, he's just using that assumption as a framing device to demonstrate how insanely often Watson was doing this.

That all the cases are so similar suggests that he's been working on and refining this behavior pattern for years.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I know in cases like these you're only supposed to wish for healing for the victims and punishment for the offender, but I really loving hope some poo poo comes out on Dabo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The league has to approve trades right? Even if some team was insane enough to try and move on a trade at this point you have to assume the NFL would put the kibosh on it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This story is moving so quickly it's impossible to keep track but I believe the attorney said all 22 people that have contacted him alleged the events happened in 2020. More and more I'm thinking that's something that was communicated poorly, cuz I highly doubt Watson just decided this was how he was going to deal with quarantine or something.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No one is. We’re simply extrapolating the pattern based on the filings. For all anyone knows he’s been doing this for a while although it’d be odd if he randomly just started up this behavior so you’d expect at least one of the 22 is prior to 2020.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

The league has to approve trades right? Even if some team was insane enough to try and move on a trade at this point you have to assume the NFL would put the kibosh on it.

I don't see why they'd kill the trade if they could. You'd have to assume he's going to be eating a season long suspension if you trade for him though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phobeste posted:

Thirteen million terminal cspam brains zipping in to say WHAT IF THERE'S A CONSPIRACY like those star wars guys asking if there's a points threshold for halftime

Do you think CSPAM is gonna support the sports boy

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There was that tweet from a while back that got deleted that mentioned the massages the girls were giving him back in 2012 when he was in high school

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

There was that tweet from a while back that got deleted that mentioned the massages the girls were giving him back in 2012 when he was in high school

Oh boy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Wow, this is quite a bit wilder than I could have ever imagined from where it started, what yesterday?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Hm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ah your just kind of weird

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

loving hell

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
The "referred other players" part paints an additional grim picture of him potentially not being the only player (whether on the team or across the league) doing this or something similar.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't see why they'd kill the trade if they could. You'd have to assume he's going to be eating a season long suspension if you trade for him though.

With the way things are going a suspension of any length is the least of his problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Wow, that's a lot of unread pos- :stare:

Jesus christ, gently caress Deshaun