Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Uglycat posted:

to be clear, qanon is an op

and it hides and conceals and obscures and occludes itself

edit: #8967galenrd should help any internet sleuths that want context or to put faces to names

I think it started as a parody/role play somewhere notorious for exactly that, the usual suspects jumped on board because they will literally believe anything. The grifters jumped on board to sell hats, t-shirts and advertising clicks to the usual suspects. Then people like Roger Stone got on board to hoover up some really easy votes and were astounded at just how incredibly gullible these people are.

There's a rich seam of votes to be mined for anyone who learns the triggers the various q types have and doesn't mind being associated with conspiracy theories, Nazi's and lying (plus a few occasional deaths and minor blips like attacks on the capitol).

So while it started as pissing about on the internet for shits and giggles it's become a deliberate thing and will continue that way as long as the susceptible types are allowed to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

The irony of Prester Jane preaching about insular cults radicalizing is she ended up making her own weird insular cult.

No poo poo, and I was all-in on the usefulness of the analysis...until I saw Prester feeding the compactor and going "who me?" when confronted.

Best to walk away from that particular Living Color at that point.

Yes, I'm being cute.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

DarkCrawler posted:

*that Nietzsche quote*

"gently caress everyone"?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the tree of life posts are fine but they would be better with a few parentheticals that fill in some of the missing context and an editing pass to make them chronological instead of the order uglycat remembered things in

it makes it tough to actually talk about any of it if nobody's exactly sure the assumptions they had to make to fill in the gaps are right

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
The Uglycat posts are fine, you just have to mentally edit in "and whiteys on the moon" after every line or so

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Rooting qanon out of a small community in tennessee has spilled over into the standing rock and occupy communities with old-school anon watching. It's exposed, unmistably, as an op. Dox will follow, masks off. It's a process.

E: competent journalists have access and are savvy

E2: there is zero chance the feds aren't watching this, and the sockpuppets and on the ground plants likely tie to the collusion mueller attempted parallel reconstruction of

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 19, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lol at the horizonTal tin men itt not being able to even comprehend that the mushrooms are starting to crow which is proof positive that the stringing along of the slipperless Jessies is at an end.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think I smell burnt toast.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Just like to say I'm definitely not fed.

edit: like 100%. 110%.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ola posted:

Just like to say I'm definitely not fed.

edit: like 100%. 110%.

I am well-fed.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:psyduck:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Often Abbreviated posted:

The Uglycat posts are fine, you just have to mentally edit in "and whiteys on the moon" after every line or so

Yeah, I didn't mind those posts but I seriously thought the person was quoting some poo poo they read on a board, not giving us a play by play where I'm supposed to understand every pronoun and proper noun as if I've been plugged into this thing from the start.

Joke's on me I guess but now I'm lying if I say I don't want to read more and want them to knock it off.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I mean, I THINK Uglycat's saying that Qanon was a deliberate construction by some power or party, which I'd agree with. It was all over the place so quickly, and while its accessibility by being an umbrella theory can explain some of this, it doesn't explain how it got promoted all over when the theory is so goddamn insane there's not much reason for it to spread quick. That big picture of twitter interactions was really interesting, too; there was this massive interconnected hub of Q-people that only really connected with republicans through a few people, including, you know, Trump. But while it sucked up people who weren't originally right wing, it was explicitly pro-republican and the messianic figure was Trump himself, so why not more interconnectedness between all those twotter people?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

lmao this is exactly what I thought too

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
qanon is just the stone soup parable for people who aren't in touch with reality. hippies can absolutely be regressive authoritarians. there's no reason for this to be some kind of false flag or engineered movement

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Considering we found out that "5G causes COVID" was promoted by russian disinfo groups, I no longer think anything is too stupid to not be promoted by people trying to make life miserable.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Since it was relatively easy to masquerade as Q, there's no reason that the answer to "Was Q an op, a grifter or a nutjob?" can't be All of the Above

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Xand_Man posted:

Since it was relatively easy to masquerade as Q, there's no reason that the answer to "Was Q an op, a grifter or a nutjob?" can't be All of the Above

Nah, there are certain posters where if you disagree with their throw of the yarrow stalks about what Q is you are magically part of the problem.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

I wouldn’t eat a cat that I knew personally.
Ironically, your cat would likely eat you without hesitation given the opportunity.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

qanon is just the stone soup parable for people who aren't in touch with reality. hippies can absolutely be regressive authoritarians. there's no reason for this to be some kind of false flag or engineered movement

Grondoth posted:

Considering we found out that "5G causes COVID" was promoted by russian disinfo groups, I no longer think anything is too stupid to not be promoted by people trying to make life miserable.

Xand_Man posted:

These three posts together are pretty emblematic and probably correct. It's a big messy thing created collaboratively by people who aren't even knowingly working together but are united by motivation to contribute to the project. Like an Equestria fanfic, the people involved may not like or agree with each other, but everyone is devoted to the mission.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Haha wtf uglycat posts are not fine. Lmoa

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Often Abbreviated posted:

These three posts together are pretty emblematic and probably correct. It's a big messy thing created collaboratively by people who aren't even knowingly working together but are united by motivation to contribute to the project. Like an Equestria fanfic, the people involved may not like or agree with each other, but everyone is devoted to the mission
And the mission unmistakablyb serves fascist aims at every step.

Ftfy

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

Maybe Q-anon is just one strain of a memetic virus that invariably spawns other strains of crazy.

Qontyqool

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

you don't fight insane cults by becoming a slightly different insane cult.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Can you please just, like, not? Or if you must, not write like my drunk elderly relative trying to tell a joke?

This isn't worth a report or anything, but your posts are denser than depleted uranium. I'm happy to read your posts but, maybe, just maybe, tell me who the gently caress these people are and what's going on.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Trazz posted:

Qontyqool

nice

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it's really dumb how apt the metaphor is. :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wouldn't be surprised if the feds were watching a hippie commune but I almost guarantee that it isn't because they're worried about Qanon infiltrators.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
On one hand, I want Uglycat to produce a dramatis personæ of life on the TikTok cult farm.

On the other, I’m worried it would raise more questions than it would answer.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I enjoy the fact that I'm not allowed to post in D&D because, in addition to poor moddship:

1) I talked about having been an antifa during the Obama administration, when "antifa" were the "bad guys".

2) I opposed Hillary because she was going to lose.

3) I offered sincere critiques of PJ because the study of authoritarianism is worthy but their approach was firmly entrenched in their own experience and projected from there.

4) Said Supersoldier Antifa "I LOVE BUTTIGIEG!" Uglycat was, at best, a loving lunatic.

5) BLM is good and blocking highways is good.

6) The occasional copypasta to highlight a point

7) Takedowns of lunatics to make a point

8) The belief that people from marginalized groups can be bad people while also belonging to a marginalized group. This may feed back into #1 in terms of raw identity politics.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

What the absolute gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Xiahou Dun posted:

What the absolute gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore.

Mrs French's qat is missing. The signs are up all over town.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Unmistakablyb true. Thank you.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Is this thread a test? Am I dead?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Qanon is part of the new strategy of tension
well I have found is the capital rights were allowed to happen by the intelligence community there was enough text messages and WhatsApp messages etc that would have shown this was going to happen in mass. It was allowed to happen because it allows us to bring the war on terror home, and in doing so we will bring all of the surveillance techniques that we learned over there. in Afghanistan you may have a device that allows you to facially recognize somebody in a village and see if they've been scanned by others and where their movements are etc. that's coming here and it will come here fast and swiftly because of the capital riots.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just want to say that conspiracy theories are the domain of tyrants. The use them to govern and also govern by them. While Putin was pushing anti-Hilary conspiracies he was working on the assumption that she was responsible for protests against him, and not the Russian people being tired of his bullshit.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Qanon is part of the new strategy of tension
well I have found is the capital rights were allowed to happen by the intelligence community there was enough text messages and WhatsApp messages etc that would have shown this was going to happen in mass. It was allowed to happen because it allows us to bring the war on terror home, and in doing so we will bring all of the surveillance techniques that we learned over there. in Afghanistan you may have a device that allows you to facially recognize somebody in a village and see if they've been scanned by others and where their movements are etc. that's coming here and it will come here fast and swiftly because of the capital riots.

Oh absolutely. Between the simultaneous Qanon and Antifa panics the security state has drummed up sufficient justification to disappear anyone at any time for any reason and be applauded for doing so. You could admire the elegance of it all if it weren't so monstrously evil.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Uglycat, can you please make a thread dedicated to your wacky communes? Even though I barely understood what you were saying, I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

The X-man cometh posted:

Uglycat, can you please make a thread dedicated to your wacky communes? Even though I barely understood what you were saying, I loved it.

if someone wants to help me draft an op that doesn't suck maybe
might be a day before I'm free tho