Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Cuomo is the new Hillary lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Are you also an expert on alt-right talking points?

Do you actually think large powerful nations have the best interests of small poor countries at heart? Like, my pointing out that china is ALSO giving loans/support with massive strings attached isn't some defense of the practice.

i think the point is that we are not morally positioned to criticize china in this way

if we're doing it too, and in most cases doing it much worse, then you are just aiding power in deflection

if Chinese people want the practice to stop, that needs to come from within China. Chances are good that they rationalize their interference the exact same way we rationalize our own.

I've said the same thing about Brazil and the clearcutting problem, it's fine to have opinions about it, but you shouldn't try to have actionable opinions about it because it's somebody else's business. America has their own problems to fix right now. We're stripmining and clear cutting our national parks and poisoning some of our cleanest waters, we are actively engaged in imperialist endeavors across the globe and despite being the wealthiest nation on earth we don't offer healthcare or a basic social safety net. We have to clean our own house first.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Mar 20, 2021

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirthless posted:

i think the point is that we are not morally positioned to criticize china in this way

if we're doing it too, and in most cases doing it much worse, then you are just aiding power in deflection

if Chinese people want the practice to stop, that needs to come from within China. Chances are good that they rationalize their interference the exact same way we rationalize our own.

Nah. I'll just keep criticizing bad stuff no matter who is doing it.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

Isn't this the plot of the Will Smith I Am Legend

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

It's fine to think it's bad, but what do you think needs to be done about it? Do you have an actionable plan, or someplace constructive we can go with it, or are you just signal boosting "the conversation", which is being had, at least in this moment, in exclusion of a conversation about the ways America is currently actively economically exploiting most of the world's poor?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Eponymouse posted:

Isn't this the plot of the Will Smith I Am Legend

Yep

One thing cures one thing in everyone but causes "vampirism."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

wow you're really brave, can I eat your cum?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

spacetoaster posted:

Are you also an expert on alt-right talking points?

Do you actually think large powerful nations have the best interests of small poor countries at heart? Like, my pointing out that china is ALSO giving loans/support with massive strings attached isn't some defense of the practice.

Some people have trouble with the ideas that there can be more than one villain, and that the enemy of a villain isn't always a hero.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Organ Fiend posted:

Some people have trouble with the ideas that there can be more than one villain, and that the enemy of a villain isn't always a hero.

Some people have trouble with the idea that the world isn't fictional and that heroes and villains aren't loving real

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

now that god-president biden has ended anti-asian violence with his decree from heaven, let's get back to discussing what is important: eradicating the scourge of china from the earth

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lol at equivocating between china and america

jesus take a good hard look in the mirror

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raiad posted:

now that god-president biden has ended anti-asian violence with his decree from heaven, let's get back to discussing what is important: eradicating the scourge of china from the earth

If China does invade Taiwan then I would support even war to protect that democracy. They deserve their democracy. American isn't fantastic, but Chinese imperialism, well, we already see where that's going in Xinjiang.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Raiad posted:

in a way, he really understands asian culture well

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love democracy so much I'll loving murder so many people for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also why do so many D&Ders think China's literally about to invade Taiwan? Just pure Tom Clancy wanking?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirthless posted:

It's fine to think it's bad, but what do you think needs to be done about it? Do you have an actionable plan, or someplace constructive we can go with it, or are you just signal boosting "the conversation", which is being had, at least in this moment, in exclusion of a conversation about the ways America is currently actively economically exploiting most of the world's poor?

Wow. Really makes you think.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I love democracy so much I'll loving murder so many people for it

if you love something, commit war crimes

THS
Sep 15, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

very brave of you to criticize china thank you

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jay-V posted:

https://twitter.com/eedwardsellis/status/1373111215958941705?s=21

lol this is how we measure dick size in the khive

Not sure having "Harris withdraws before garnering any votes" headlines is the own they think it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THS posted:

very brave of you to criticize china thank you

now I know I'll probably get CANCELLED for this but...uh...China? China...bad.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Wow. Really makes you think.

You seemed to want us to take you very seriously a minute ago, I have given you an opportunity to share your Big Ideas with us, why are you quiet now?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

sexpig by night posted:

If China does invade Taiwan then I would support even war to protect that democracy. They deserve their democracy. American isn't fantastic, but Chinese imperialism, well, we already see where that's going in Xinjiang.

dying when the american cruiser im on is hit by an anti-ship missile so people back home can keep buying poo poo with semi-conductors in it for low prices

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

whoa, you’re crazy. :D volunteer first, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lady Militant posted:

dying when the american cruiser im on is hit by an anti-ship missile so people back home can keep buying poo poo with semi-conductors in it for low prices

me, watching the anti-air missile speeding to my 'stealth' jet: "Well at least my widow can get a cheap iphone"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirthless posted:

You seemed to want us to take you very seriously a minute ago, I have given you an opportunity to share your Big Ideas with us, why are you quiet now?

I, your greatest enemy, have lost in this battle of wills. You have won. DnD will greet you as a conquering hero.

The democrats suck, but have you seen the republicans? :smuggo:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

John_A_Tallon posted:

"This account owner limits who can view their Tweets. Learn more"

So what's in the tweet?

normal khive things

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol
what is cenk doing in that list

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

THS posted:

lol
what is cenk doing in that list

said a nice thing about bernie at some point

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

I, your greatest enemy, have lost in this battle of wills. You have won. DnD will greet you as a conquering hero.

The democrats suck, but have you seen the republicans? :smuggo:

I really don't get what you're trying to say, dude. Sorry?

I think the person you're really mad at right now is yourself

When I realized how many of my political beliefs were ultimately rooted in selfishness and unactionable without imperialist intervention, I felt pretty lovely too

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mirthless posted:

Some people have trouble with the idea that the world isn't fictional and that heroes and villains aren't loving real

villains are real

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

which dnd superstar will make the modern groverpost about taiwan

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

oh, when I saw that tweet from her way back I thought when she said "easter egg on student loans" I thought that was maybe a weird regional way of saying "goose egg" as in zero, not this loving wish-casting garbage lmao.

also thinking about it, I'm not sure which I find more likely:
- she is so far removed from the decision-making of the administration that she has to resort to this tea-leaf-reading from the cheap seats
- they have told her that nothing is coming and gave her something to sell to people to string them along

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

normal khive things

sounds like the khive is preparing to mount up and compromise these individuals to a permanent end

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mirthless posted:

I really don't get what you're trying to say, dude. Sorry?

I think the person you're really mad at right now is yourself

When I realized how many of my political beliefs were ultimately rooted in selfishness and unactionable without imperialist intervention, I felt pretty lovely too

There's always full on nuclear war.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lansdowne posted:

oh, when I saw that tweet from her way back I thought when she said "easter egg on student loans" I thought that was maybe a weird regional way of saying "goose egg" as in zero, not this loving wish-casting garbage lmao.

also thinking about it, I'm not sure which I find more likely:
- she is so far removed from the decision-making of the administration that she has to resort to this tea-leaf-reading from the cheap seats
- they have told her that nothing is coming and gave her something to sell to people to string them along

I just hate that she's trying to sell the idea that "it's actually really good and we totally almost have it you guys"

When in reality itsfuckingnothing.gif

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

USA has military bases all over Africa

CSPAM: "We must oppose the han financial colonialism at all costs!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

spacetoaster posted:

There's always full on nuclear war.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

I just hate that she's trying to sell the idea that "it's actually really good and we totally almost have it you guys"

When in reality itsfuckingnothing.gif

I think my fiancee actually will benefit from it because his shitass profit college did go under and left him holding the bag and all and even he thinks this is dogshit because, ya know, he knows tons of people who aren't like him and still need help.

Do...do people like AOC think we don't talk to eachother about poo poo like this or something?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lostconfused posted:

It's very cool that the bad faith poster in the eurasia thread doesn't ever get probed but others do for questioning US narratives.

Free larry and the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lostconfused posted:

Strawman, in my CSPAM?!?