Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cody is HHH's knack for self-aggrandizement with absolutely none of HHH's selfishness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Rewatching this and just noticed that it looks like Hobbs injured Cutler during the finish. After the pin, Cutler immediately rolls under the bottom rope, Hobbs goes to check on him/give a postmatch beatdown and Knox ushers him away. Hope Cutler's alright because it looked like a rough landing.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they had a great match and great chemistry, Cutler needs a program already aside from "The guy who runs out for The Bucks"

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

smarxist posted:

they had a great match and great chemistry, Cutler needs a program already aside from "The guy who runs out for The Bucks"

Bring back Sunny-D Cutler!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The first 40 minutes were real good. Different vibe from Dark but Tall Paul and Big Toney did a very good job. I skipped through the last 2/3rds because I have other poo poo I like to enjoy on my down time aside from wrestling. It seemed perfectly fine, but I can't do 7 hours a week.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

I was thinking it's kinda weird how "video game enthusiast" is the AEW champion and "tabletop enthusiast" is at the bottom of the card. They need to push Cutler and hire an anime weeb jobber to round out the nerd hierarchy.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

sticklefifer posted:

They need to push Cutler and hire an anime weeb jobber to round out the nerd hierarchy.

Master Wato next through the forbidden door

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

I was thinking it's kinda weird how "video game enthusiast" is the AEW champion and "tabletop enthusiast" is at the bottom of the card.

We're going to find out that resolutely middle-of-the-pack SCU are really really into collectible card games.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

We're going to find out that resolutely middle-of-the-pack SCU are really really into collectible card games.

https://filsingergames.com/roh-tradition-starts-with-fallen-angel-christopher-daniels/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

Repackage Hybrid 2 as e-fed enthusiasts and have them start cutting edgelord promos and dressing in mid-2000s Hot Topic gear.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

sticklefifer posted:

I was thinking it's kinda weird how "video game enthusiast" is the AEW champion and "tabletop enthusiast" is at the bottom of the card. They need to push Cutler and hire an anime weeb jobber to round out the nerd hierarchy.

Cutler/Nakazawa feud incoming.
I mean in general, not based on this comment. I don't know how Nakazawa feels about anime. I'm just happy he wears clothes now.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sticklefifer posted:

Repackage Hybrid 2 as e-fed enthusiasts and have them start cutting edgelord promos and dressing in mid-2000s Hot Topic gear.

That's not a huge change, if we're being honest.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

That's not a huge change, if we're being honest.

Be fair, Hot Topic and Spencer Gifts are different stores.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Daniels is a comic book guy, so not sure where that falls in this ranking.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cannot recall if I have mentioned that Tall Paul did a really good job, but if so, it can stand to be said again. Toney was on form, too. He's even learned what some of the moves are called!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel like the low-key best part of Elevation will be Tony calling Yoshi Tonics, Code Reds, Tope Suicidas and Spanish Flies.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Has anything been announced for tomorrow?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Erainor posted:

Nope! This is a shooting week so I guess everything's a bit more chaotic, and they've got the Lights Out match to boast about. But the AEW account hasn't mentioned either Dark for days. it's probably on the same time as last week, and it'll almost certainly have some matches.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Erainor posted:

Nothing official yet! Maybe Abadon?
https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1373309381001945094

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nope! This is a shooting week so I guess everything's a bit more chaotic, and they've got the Lights Out match to boast about. But the AEW account hasn't mentioned either Dark for days. it's probably on the same time as last week, and it'll almost certainly have some matches.

If anything this is the week I wouldn’t expect them to break the pattern of when they announce the Dark cards because these episodes would’ve been taped almost two weeks ago.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1373709393007624195

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so excited to see Legit Layla and Aniki!

that says "Triple Main Event" (lol) so there must be like 8-10 more matches they're not even mentioning

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
We should have put our foot down harder the first time ex called something a "co-main event".

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I can see using it VERY RARELY when you have 2 matches that are just about equal in prominence no matter how you slice it, but "triple main event" is just ridic lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You see, you have the Main Event, then you have the Mainer Event and finally the Mainest Event.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

And then the Special Main Event with the Kiss demon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Happy to see some legitimate matches here. I feel like I know who will win between Five/Page and Ryo/Hirsch but it's not certain. Really I think I'll be watching primarily for the Rising Star segments.

Isn't Red Velvet still not signed?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

red velvet has been signed for like, 3 months

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

Isn't Red Velvet still not signed?

She's been signed since November https://wrestletalk.com/news/another-talent-officially-under-contract-with-aew/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

I can see using it VERY RARELY when you have 2 matches that are just about equal in prominence no matter how you slice it, but "triple main event" is just ridic lol

Yeah, like, Jericho/Rhodes for the title and Omega/Mox in the Lights Out match at that one PPV, or Jericho/Omega and Naito/Okada at the Dome, sure, but cool your jets, Big Biceps Tony. Just call them 'feature bouts' or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

UFC 100 deserved the title of Triple Main Event and so does this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's no universe where an Ethan Page match is a main event. Mans could be in there with Goldberg and it'd be the second match on the card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's no universe where an Ethan Page match is a main event. Mans could be in there with Goldberg and it'd be the second match on the card.

You live in that universe.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The AEW Dark: Elevation Universe, as it were...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ethan Page was good until MJF started wrestling and took his gimmick and managed to better at every part of it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ethan Page has a gimmick?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Some more matches I've seen posted:

https://twitter.com/JorelNelson/status/1373740133002874885?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheEmpBruh/status/1373730664147791879?s=20

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1373722952265564170?s=20

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1373731028624404488?s=20

That last one could be a real catastrophe.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
poor Madi lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Madi having to be the ring general this early is either the greatest hope or the greatest punchline ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Surely Velvet is the ring general in this match.