Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I'd like a cabybara on a flag tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
https://twitter.com/robertlargan/status/1373340336689455113
Congratulations to Robert Largan for being the first establishment politician to take a swing at the Northern Independence Party and the 12,000th person to miss horribly

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

this one is not bad. really skinny lions going "hey what up"

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

The long lions are good, and yet they also remind me of the "Demver" car art.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Elizabeth The Great will almost certainly be bestowed upon her, and those who disagree will be prosecuted.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1373390519192203267
:jj:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

god drat lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
William really has aged like milk huh

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
The Royal's adrenochrome quality supply is clearly not what it once was

E: That or Philip's hogging all of the good poo poo as he desperately clings to life

The Unnamed One has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Mar 21, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crankit posted:

weird that huw has to delete his tweets but laura kuennsberg gets the bbc defending all her right wing tweets

anti-Welsh bias.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

From Offa's Dyke to the Sea, Wales will be free

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1373390636372623369?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Continuity RCP posted:

Congratulations to Robert Largan for being the first establishment politician to take a swing at the Northern Independence Party and the 12,000th person to miss horribly

Give Scotland Berwick back, move the border to Bamburgh so it looks less bad

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The Unnamed One posted:

The Royal's adrenochrome quality supply is clearly not what it once was

E: That or Philip's hogging all of the good poo poo as he desperately clings to life

the reason phillip is falling apart is because it's all going to the queen now

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Tulip posted:

Unfortunately the UK's subnational flags are mostly fine. Like at worst they're overly busy or have clashing colors, they're not as transcendentally bad as like American cities or Liberian counties or Russian political groups. Like this is the worst UK flag I could find at a glance:

All of our flags will be hundreds of years old, and designed using the heraldic rules of colour, which are surprisingly good at preventing design gently caress ups. The worst ones are usually when families marry and combine their arms in quarters, which can eventually lead to this sort of nonsense:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

forkboy84 posted:

Give Scotland Berwick back, move the border to Bamburgh so it looks less bad

That map was posted as interesting historical trivia. It's from 1405 I think?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Continuity RCP posted:

That map was posted as interesting historical trivia. It's from 1405 I think?

Just saying, border is uggo and the solution is to give us back Berwick. Their team already plays in the Scottish league so no biggie.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Some say there are people in the conservative party secretly working for the NIP

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So my understanding is that King Charles III is liable to be an insane rear end in a top hat pushing for actual monarchy as opposed to "figurehead who only fucks up laws that would impact the personal wealth of the crown," are there any conservatives openly lusting for queen death or is the programming of "long live the queen" too strong?

e: I think Kelly from the Onion is the only time I've seen "Liz should give up so Charlie can take over"

Wolfsbane posted:

All of our flags will be hundreds of years old, and designed using the heraldic rules of colour, which are surprisingly good at preventing design gently caress ups. The worst ones are usually when families marry and combine their arms in quarters, which can eventually lead to this sort of nonsense:

Yeah you guys really don't get to have truly insanely stupid poo poo flags, RIP.

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wolfsbane posted:

And now I'm just picturing medieval graphic designers

Prob helped they only had like three colours

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm just picturing medieval graphic designers

Prob helped they only had like three colours

They had to squeeze Lebanese snails if they wanted to make something purple.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm the branding consultant in King Arthur's court

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

prefect posted:

They had to squeeze Lebanese snails if they wanted to make something purple.

a not just a few. thousands upon thousands of the drat things.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

also some historians thought that people could literally not see certain colours until recently, which is stupid, they just didn’t have as many names for colours as we do today

i think “blue” is the most famous example which the ancient greeks didn’t distinguish from green, but i quite like the recent realisation that a scholar describing one of the tudor kings robes as “tawny red”, was probably actually referring to the colour orange

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jel Shaker posted:

also some historians thought that people could literally not see certain colours until recently, which is stupid, they just didn’t have as many names for colours as we do today

i think “blue” is the most famous example which the ancient greeks didn’t distinguish from green, but i quite like the recent realisation that a scholar describing one of the tudor kings robes as “tawny red”, was probably actually referring to the colour orange

there's a bunch of birds that are red something something that are clearly orange, i think the red orange thing is because the word orange comes from the fruit, rather than the other way around.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

There's a whole bunch of theorizing about color words, it's been heavily studied. There's pretty unambiguous evidence that different cultures have different understandings of what colors mean and how to distinguish or group them. While some historians think that these linguistic distinctions reflect differences in physical perception, those guys are so far in the minority that I first heard this theory on tumblr in the last five years and it didn't even come up when I was taught about language & color in grad school. Physically speaking humans perceive a broad spectrum of colors in the visible spectrum of radiation, with some variation like color blindness and a bit at the top and bottom ends of the spectrum (this part I don't know much about and afaik isn't super well studied or established as of...I guess 2012 when I last checked), but how they group different parts of the spectrum into cognitive patterns is culturally local, and that's going to affect things like how people intellectually approach using colors and how they recall what things looked like and so on.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the lack of distinction between blue/green has been documented in a whole bunch of disparate cultures using unrelated languages which is neat

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I'm unironically down for a Northern independence lmao.

Wish they'd just make London independent instead. Use a M25 shaped cookie cutter and sail it down the Thames.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Continuity RCP posted:

Looks like 1/3 of my ck3 games tbh

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Northern independence guys should really just get on with it and invite a Danish or Norwegian prince over so they can revive the Danelaw to really stick it to the south.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the heptarchy is already on its way back with whatever the gently caress is going on with kent

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

the heptarchy is already on its way back with whatever the gently caress is going on with kent

:yooge: but in Welsh: "we have to build a seawall because Frisa isn't sending their best."

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Lawman 0 posted:

Northern independence guys should really just get on with it and invite a Danish or Norwegian prince over so they can revive the Danelaw to really stick it to the south.

the scene from the simpsons with russia and the soviet union but it's "northumbria" switching to "jorvik"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the scene from the simpsons with russia and the soviet union but it's "northumbria" switching to "jorvik"

Hell yeah dude

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/holski_beat/status/1373632858804346881?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Lawman 0 posted:

Looks like 1/3 of my ck3 games tbh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait hold on the northern independence party isn't from north ireland?????????

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Stairmaster posted:

wait hold on the northern independence party isn't from north ireland?????????

Northern Ireland going for independence from the UK and the RoI would be an interesting swerve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Continuity RCP posted:

Northern Ireland going for independence from the UK and the RoI would be an interesting swerve

maximum chaos

Jose posted:

huh? what's up with kent?