Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zeta Acosta posted:

lord hesketh wasnt a failson

everyone looked loving misserable on the ferrari ep

It is very funny if the reason Charles couldn't do a clothing line is because Puma said no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Onto the Bott rear end sauna episode :swoon:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ethanol posted:

Why is every episode about red bull now
Because Horner's always available for an interview. Wedding anniversary? It can wait, I need to talk to Netflix. Kid's birthday? Eh, there'll be another next year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Given how much footage there was of the great John I wonder if drivers like Latifi and Russel also did hours and hours of interviews for none of it to be included?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol @ Seb in the interviews with Charles making GBS threads all over Puma

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Given how much footage there was of the great John I wonder if drivers like Latifi and Russel also did hours and hours of interviews for none of it to be included?

https://twitter.com/georgerussell63/status/1373367304562556930?s=21

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Drive 2 Survive have latched onto the key truth in F1 in that focusing on the good drivers doing good is not the way to extract maximum enjoyment. Focus on the binmen getting poo poo on and losing their drives or redemption arcs instead.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I liked them spending 10 minutes on the 18 seconds gross jeans spent in the fire

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bloody Pom posted:

Spark Sport gets me the whole season (and F2, F3, MotoGP, WRC and non-motorsports) for NZ$25/mo (about 13 quid) :smuggo:

This is why I want to move to NZ

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

FAUXTON posted:

I liked them spending 10 minutes on the 18 seconds gross jeans spent in the fire

According to DTS the drivers were all back in the pits watching big j burn alive for hours when finally he emerged.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They literally tell you in the script, twice, that it's 2mins 45s or whatever it was between them knowing he'd crashed, to knowing he was OK.
Trust the thread galaxy-brains to not understand the edit unless it's just a real-time reshowing.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Pacinamac posted:

Maybe I am completely retarded but this doesn't make sense. I live in Indonesia so the price is insanely low, but its not clear if the $19.99 per month sub shows the live races???

I searched a bunch and I guess the live races still aren't included because it seems like Vidio.com have a proper fox sports package that they say you can subscribe to to watch F1 this year.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I just got to the the Cyril episode and my wife walked in and after about 10 seconds of hearing him cry about Ricciardo went "what the gently caress is wrong with this guy"

Also I was wondering if they were overdoing his Racing Point obsession in the edit until there is a shot with him ranting about them to Ricciardo and Ocon who clearly could not give less of a poo poo about Cyril's adventures with the FIA appeals process.

A strange unsettling weirdo who will be sorely missed in 2021

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Does DTS really make it seem like there's an intense rivalry between Norris and Sainz?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I think it is just reversion to the norm of teammates competing for spotlight and parts

Back when lando was a novice and McLaren weren't likely to get much they could pal around, but that was never going to continue as much at the sharp end. I think they will probably be found friendlier in different teams

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

Does DTS really make it seem like there's an intense rivalry between Norris and Sainz?
They mostly set it up as best chums who now find it awkward to be the way they were previously. There's an example of a joke that'd be seen as 'hot bants' last year landing really flat, with one of them looking pretty awkward about it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pacinamac posted:

Maybe I am completely retarded but this doesn't make sense. I live in Indonesia so the price is insanely low, but its not clear if the $19.99 per month sub shows the live races???

I just checked my bank account and the version with live races is 10 bucks a month (idk year cost) I remember here in the states before F1TV was a thing the only way to get F1 was with a silly cable package that costs hundreds per month, but yeah the 2.99 a month one is just archives.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

I think it is just reversion to the norm of teammates competing for spotlight and parts

Back when lando was a novice and McLaren weren't likely to get much they could pal around, but that was never going to continue as much at the sharp end. I think they will probably be found friendlier in different teams

I don't think that reflects reality

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if u watched landos illegal paddock streams at all last year you would know Carlos thinks that poo poo is lame af

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd rather someone make a good technical documentary instead of focusing on the drivers but I guess thats not interesting enough for people anymore so I don't give a poo poo

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

track day bro! posted:

I'd rather someone make a good technical documentary instead of focusing on the drivers but I guess thats not interesting enough for people anymore so I don't give a poo poo

Rebus ~star of the show~

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

after watching the gasly and albon stuff this season and last i suspect RB is unwilling to set up the car for anyone but max

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rebus posted:

Rebus ~star of the show~

even a fraudulent british engineer is better than nothing

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

RBR screwing Albon by being lazy and setting up both cars identically is so dumb that it has to be the truth.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
RBR jumped the Shark with Pierre, Albon was just bad.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mercedes must have vetoed any talk of russell's win they screwed him out of

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Can't remember the exact quote but Will "Formula 1 Journalist" Buxton pretty much says they don't like each other anymore in one of his little clips in the ep, and it's easily up there with one of the dumbest things he's ever said.

At least with the Riccardo vs Verstappen in Season 1 there was at least some plausible evidence for it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

RBR screwing Albon by being lazy and setting up both cars identically is so dumb that it has to be the truth.
It's literally the opposite. They not only hired people to help albon with setup, but even followed his requests for different part types and let him run them as well. They did everything they could to try to get him confident but he'd decided he had failed in pre-season testing.

You can argue they shoved Gasly away too quickly, but albon was literally them trying the reverse of everything they did wrong last time to stop it happening again. Albon drowned himself.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rudager posted:

Can't remember the exact quote but Will "Formula 1 Journalist" Buxton pretty much says they don't like each other anymore in one of his little clips in the ep, and it's easily up there with one of the dumbest things he's ever said.

At least with the Riccardo vs Verstappen in Season 1 there was at least some plausible evidence for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5g-wGW-CIE&t=496s

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Are there any good F1 journalists, or are they all varying degrees of Joe's Award/Bullshit Benson/Trentham Sleaves?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Buxotn says that Saturdays are very important because of qualifying.

The he goes on to define qualifying and I couldn't believe he's considered a journalist.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m working through 1996 again. Spain was a mastercraft by Schumacher.

RE: Rich Driver Chat - Pedro Diniz was like proto Lance Stroll in a way. The Ligier was a decent car but he’s very, very slow and has poor racecraft in this season. If Rosset wasn’t on the grid he’d absolutely be the worst full time driver in 1996.Very poor results considering the equipment he had. Diniz eventually improved though - I considered him among the best of the pure pay drivers.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Race week this week! WOOOO

Can someone remind me, are they changing practice sessions this season? Ditching FP 1 & 2 on the Friday?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Race week this week! WOOOO

Can someone remind me, are they changing practice sessions this season? Ditching FP 1 & 2 on the Friday?

nah https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2021/Bahrain.html

iirc there's supposed to be a couple of weekends where they do sprint races and I wouldn't be surprised if imola is a two day thing again. edit: I checked and I didn't realize imola was race 2. seems like they're doing a full 3 day weekend this year

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the paradigm shift posted:

nah https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2021/Bahrain.html

iirc there's supposed to be a couple of weekends where they do sprint races and I wouldn't be surprised if imola is a two day thing again. edit: I checked and I didn't realize imola was race 2. seems like they're doing a full 3 day weekend this year

Thanks, don't know why I didn't even think to check the racing schedule

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Payndz posted:

Are there any good F1 journalists, or are they all varying degrees of Joe's Award/Bullshit Benson/Trentham Sleaves?

Pablo Elizalde, Albert Fabrega, Jon Noble, Tobi Gruner

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

That guy who asks the funny long rambling questions in press conferences

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

I'll also add Diego Mejía to that list

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

I'll also add Diego Mejía to that list

Yeah I assume there's plenty of non-English language media I'm not aware of. Elizalde and Fabrega do a lot of stuff in English and Google Translate works really well for German, otherwise I just follow English journalists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress, the Bahrain GP is at 4AM Monday my time. Looks like it'll have to be an early night so I can watch it before work.