Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

Guys on the Ordinal Markup server told me to stop joining and leaving once, lol.
maybe you shouldn't have some kind of bot autoposting join alerts then, moron discord admins :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

something posted:

Just a quick reminder that I am alive and NGU-I is coming out in Early Access on April, if yall are into that.

Probably a couple months of content in the game from launch, and ofc I will furiously add more as I go.

The story has art in it this time!

Praise jeebus, need a NGU to scratch that itch

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

got a weird bug(?) on caculator evolution: managed to get my first singularity, also popped the "singularity under 500 milliseconds" one with... -6934081371 seconds.
guessing old saves from a few months ago went weird at some point between now and then
gonna make the second singularity go much faster though. :v:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 19, 2021

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

That's quite a good bug to have, but another thing that's a bit more reliable which will make things noticeably faster is getting the achievement for 82 labs; not sure if you can do it on the first singularity but it's very doable on the second run. Gonna have to look up info on when to run these challenges though, need more grid stuff.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
got pulled back into Antimatter Dimensions

dammit

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I just noticed the numbers in ethereal farm for the tree's level are also a percentage bar

see the shading? it fills up with the brighter color the closer you are to leveling up.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Feels pretty satisfying to finally go post-scarce in Matter Dimensions, being able to run all the available elements while having enough points to React the important ones. 11 Collision Points and e54 Atoms!
Early game automation is dire enough to not recommend it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

xiw posted:

For those who've been starved of new games:

https://itch.io/jam/incremental-game-jam-2/results

https://semenar.itch.io/light-the-city has been interesting.

I played through about half the games on page one. I miss when little gems like this were released like once a month.

Optics factory was really interesting in every way but utterly boring so once the novelty wore off I stopped. Still got like 30 minutes out of it.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I am Optics Factory-ing now and it is fun but also doesn't seem like an idle game? Game is entirely active so far, nothing has needed any siting and waiting

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Matter Dimensions updated, new layer: Biological. And better quality of life upgrade positioning. My recommendation for it has perked up!
http://semenar.ru/matter-dim-test/index.html

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Voxx posted:

Most of the content from then forward is mostly the same with just small differing strategies of pushing corruptions in cube run, offering/const run, and occasional c15 run. Each completion of alpha and beta changes things slightly in this regard but overall that's it, just managing that. It's the endgame.

Seems like there will be one more update / steam release, and then continued work on a new game.

OK thats a shame

Im not really sure what the difference between Synergism endgame and other games but I have zero motivation to continue increasing my numbers in Synergism.
Maybe it simply feels too formulaic? Ascend, do initial challenges, turn off runes, buy a bunch of shards, cap talismans, turn on runes and do another challenge run then wait another day. Occasionally do an unobtainium or C15 run.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Matter Dimensions updated, new layer: Biological. And better quality of life upgrade positioning. My recommendation for it has perked up!

What QOL upgrades and where exactly are they positioned? I wiped my save a while ago and might get back into it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

So Meta-Challenges, those originally gave you upgrade autobuyers. Now they keep your upgrades for that given layer. That's probably the biggest thing. Those autobuyers are now in the Automation Shop.
Assumedly other QoL are shifted so they unlock earlier according to the changelog but I can't pick them out easily since I'm already butting against the end and a Hard Reset takes some time to take off.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Am I at the point where I don't have to keep doing the same Pho/Grav loop a thousand times? I'm at the point where I'm getting shards (or whatever the thing after vacuum it's called). I got 8 the last reset.

I don't have all the P challenges but not the meta one. Have the G challenges done except the first 2, started some of the N challenges but I'm not sure they're all achievable yet. Did manage the 666 cheevo though.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

So Meta-Challenges, those originally gave you upgrade autobuyers. Now they keep your upgrades for that given layer. That's probably the biggest thing. Those autobuyers are now in the Automation Shop.
Assumedly other QoL are shifted so they unlock earlier according to the changelog but I can't pick them out easily since I'm already butting against the end and a Hard Reset takes some time to take off.

When do you unlock Meta-Challenges again? I had a couple of shard upgrades up to unlocking the 6th producer I think last time and I don't remember if I had them.
E: Nevermind, I asked the exact same question last time. Apparently it's one layer further than I was.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 24, 2021

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Lone Goat posted:

Am I at the point where I don't have to keep doing the same Pho/Grav loop a thousand times? I'm at the point where I'm getting shards (or whatever the thing after vacuum it's called). I got 8 the last reset.

I don't have all the P challenges but not the meta one. Have the G challenges done except the first 2, started some of the N challenges but I'm not sure they're all achievable yet. Did manage the 666 cheevo though.

Just looking at the new stuff, the dev increased the lower-layer points you start with on reset which should help. Used to be e.g. 1 shard, 2 VE, 3 neutrons, etc. but now it's 1/2/4/8/16.

This means that when you unlock atomic, which will be a while for you yet, then you'll start getting 4 neutrons on every reset. That lets you immediately buy the "keep photonic upgrades on gravitonic" and especially "gravitonic upgrades are based on max gravitons ever" upgrades, which together will let you skip a huge chunk of the building up phase.

Looks like the gravitonic upgrade autobuyer costs 1024 shards now, which is a huge difference - previously you couldn't get it until late atomic. I don't see where the photonic upgrade autobuyer went, maybe an achievement?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Nibble posted:

Just looking at the new stuff, the dev increased the lower-layer points you start with on reset which should help. Used to be e.g. 1 shard, 2 VE, 3 neutrons, etc. but now it's 1/2/4/8/16.

This means that when you unlock atomic, which will be a while for you yet, then you'll start getting 4 neutrons on every reset. That lets you immediately buy the "keep photonic upgrades on gravitonic" and especially "gravitonic upgrades are based on max gravitons ever" upgrades, which together will let you skip a huge chunk of the building up phase.

Looks like the gravitonic upgrade autobuyer costs 1024 shards now, which is a huge difference - previously you couldn't get it until late atomic. I don't see where the photonic upgrade autobuyer went, maybe an achievement?

Yeah you get it for buying the 6th Matter Dimension.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
oh god that's so much better in jealous of people starting now (but not so jealous as to hard reset)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I've been addicted to Bitburner. It's like ASCII Cyberpunk. I haven't even coded anything since college but I'm getting the hang of the scripts.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Bitburner is one of those that I remember being quite fun the first time through but then kind of peetering out during the other variations. Hacking together a bunch of scripts to automate the runs was definitely unique, though. Especially once you get access to being able to script your own 'self'.

Also I remember that scripting the stockmarket was far and away the most effective way to make money which felt a bit silly when so much of the early stuff is all about making money off of servers.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 25, 2021

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
In Matter Dimensions, I seem to have broken my ability to auto-buy Neutronic resets? When I check the box now, things just kind of stop, and I'm stuck with a single Matter dimension bought, 0 matter, and 1 antimatter. I haven't seen any other auto-buyers turned off that should be affecting it, and I'm way past the point where earning a single one should be any sort of challenge.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Red Minjo posted:

In Matter Dimensions, I seem to have broken my ability to auto-buy Neutronic resets? When I check the box now, things just kind of stop, and I'm stuck with a single Matter dimension bought, 0 matter, and 1 antimatter. I haven't seen any other auto-buyers turned off that should be affecting it, and I'm way past the point where earning a single one should be any sort of challenge.
to me that suggests autobuying Photonic (or autobuying Neutronic so fast that you're literally not doing anything else - basically that you have a low tier on or a threshold set low)

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I’ve had that happen and fixed it by setting the neutronic reset threshold higher, like 1e10 or so.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

to elaborate a bit on nibble's answer, once you have enough production, neutronic resets will be available on the first tick of a reset. thats whats causing the interface to be locked to the first tick of progress. setting the reset threshold higher lets the game progress enough ticks for neutronic rewards to hit their plateau

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I just had the browser page for Matter Dimensions refresh, and the game reset to as-new... I thought it had a persistent save state but I guess it failed last night? Cannot fathom starting from scratch, ugh

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

I just had the browser page for Matter Dimensions refresh, and the game reset to as-new... I thought it had a persistent save state but I guess it failed last night? Cannot fathom starting from scratch, ugh

I learned ages ago to keep text file backups for every idle game I play. I am definitely not leaving my progress in games this time-intensive to the whims of browser caches.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

I learned ages ago to keep text file backups for every idle game I play. I am definitely not leaving my progress in games this time-intensive to the whims of browser caches.

better: paste the code into a cell in a google doc. It's not portable and you can keep track of several games with different dated saves if you ever need to roll back because of a bug.

Header is idle games then I just insert a new row every day or so and as I export any saves that day they go in. It also makes a nice history of every idle game you have played and a place to see just how long ago you did stop playing when you go to pick it back up to see if you should start over or try and work from your save.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm out of Synergism content and I know there's one more patch eventually but it'll be a while, is there anything new and spicy? None of this Matter Dimensions crap with absolutely zero QOL until 1000 resets in :(

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Trash the Planet is alright, seems kind of short though. Also I lost interest at the stock market bit.

https://thisgameishaunted.itch.io/trash-the-planet

e: I tried to gently caress a tiger!

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 25, 2021

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Trimps

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
are there any good idle games for ios? recently got an iphone, and i’ve played kittens game and armory and machine. i think i saw realm grinder, but i’ve been playing that on and off for years

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Sage Grimm posted:

I don't get this so far - I got one 1st Matter Dimension and I got stuck at .700 matter, and now it's going down and I can't seem to afford anything else

Edit: ooh I got a photon

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 25, 2021

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mister No posted:

are there any good idle games for ios? recently got an iphone, and i’ve played kittens game and armory and machine. i think i saw realm grinder, but i’ve been playing that on and off for years

I’m mainly just playing Idle Skilling these days.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Trash the Planet is alright, seems kind of short though. Also I lost interest at the stock market bit.

yeah it's real short sadly because it's fun while it lasts

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

e: I tried to gently caress a tiger!

After you pass a quadrillion or so you hit $lol and can just hit level 40 and get to the endgame

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The key is just to remember the basic tenet of the stock market: Buy Low and Sell High. The fact that you can cause stocks to be worth 50% less or 50% more basically at will makes manipulating that easy.

As for beans, I think those are best suited for going into Dice first. When you can triple on a win, clone your dice to double your winnings, and force a victory 95% of the time, things get crazy quick.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

NGU - when do augments and the time machine start being worthwhile? I may not be using them right. My optimal rebirth time is probably still somewhere in the ~30 min range so I don't know if I should be using them just because I unlocked them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Augments are for mostly for challenges and pushing higher bosses for adventure zones and unlocks.

The Time Machine starts paying out both when you get to 24h rebirths (and thus have more time to build levels in it) and when you start building permanent multipliers from Beards/NGU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Play with the augments a bit, figure out which one gives the best return on an amount of energy you won't miss elsewhere, and set it and forget it. You're early on enough that you should be keeping your energy in basic training anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
In matter dimensions some of the photonic challenges require "infinite matter". Is that something that can be reached later? Currently my limit is 1e20 matter. It is wierd that some of the challenges unlocked early seems to have an unreachable goal.

Edit: Aha, I guess it is because the goal is over my resource limit.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 27, 2021