Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

cauliflower jones posted:

They should bring him back, pair him with Eli Drake and change his name to NY Knight

Made especially funny by Kennedy being Midwest as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Made especially funny by Kennedy being Midwest as gently caress

I watched the "why would I watch the show" clip recently and Brock's Minnesota accent really comes through on that line.

My goal in life is to hear Brock say "Ope, just gonna sneak past ya."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Power Windows posted:

I watched the "why would I watch the show" clip recently and Brock's Minnesota accent really comes through on that line.

My goal in life is to hear Brock say "Ope, just gonna sneak past ya."

I'm not sure the "Minnesota Nice" thing applies to Brock.

He probably just says "Fuckin' move (insert slur here)".

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

JOHN CENA posted:

theres that one image where shawn michaels is somehow completely vertical and upside down

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That’s what I immediately thought of, it looks like he’s balancing himself on the top of his head with no other support.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Is he kipping up? I've always wondered

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is he kipping up? I've always wondered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuRJr4L37A

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Wow Mr Perfect looks good in trunks

Also looks like a good hand on the softball field

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Power Windows posted:

IIRC one of Perfect's friends said he really was a terrific athlete pre-wrestling, and those vignettes didn't really have to be edited as much as you'd assume

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Power Windows posted:

He's so perfect, he didn't even forget to bring his scissors.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"We're live, Curt."

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Maybe not the best place to ask but has anyone in the US managed to keep the WWE network going? It's been great to casually put on in the background while working from home, and I spent the pandemic working through all WWF/WCW/ECW ppvs starting at Starrcade 83, but now I'm stuck between Judgment Day and Halloween Havoc 98. Peacock sounds like a nightmare.

I'm using a VPN already, but it doesn't help at all because my account was suddenly frozen right around Fastlane and I can't even log in. Is making a new account with a random foreign address the move? Has anyone done it yet who can confirm?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Tetsuya Naito vs Taichi from TakaTaichiMania. It played to Taichi, Naito, Miho and even Kyohei Wada's strengths perfectly and played to the hyper partisan crowd

That's the match that really started "Taichi is actually really good, isn't he?", right?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Has there been a match where the two competitors facing one another have come out separately but to the same theme music? Shane v Vince at WM17?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

britishbornandbread posted:

Has there been a match where the two competitors facing one another have come out separately but to the same theme music? Shane v Vince at WM17?

Ax and Smash at the Royal Rumble :v:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Davros1 posted:

OF COURSE! Has that spot happened since?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
John Cena vs Wade Barrett? Did Cena ever use the Nexus theme? He didn't bother to wear the t-shirt.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I think it did with the Hardy boys at one point.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That was a fun Rumble.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Wasn't there a HHH/Michaels match in '97 or '98 for the European title, when both were in DX?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vincent vs Stevie Ray for control of the nWo Black and White at Uncensored 99.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Davros1 posted:

That was my first PPV. We were pretty poor, but my Mom won a radio contest. Seeing anyone important wrestle anyone important was major for me. And that beginning was one of my favorite Rumble things of all time.

It's really too bad that due to the Warriors being a shinier toy and one or both of them suing WWE, they got completely left out of the retro poo poo. Demolition showing up in the 00's when they could still somewhat move and look the part would have really got me as someone who started watching in 1988.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chikara's version of the Rumble, the Infinite Gauntlet, had that happen with the tag team the Closers. Rather than actually fight it out, they just hung around the ring flexing until the next person came out.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

You're right about Shane vs Vince as Shane didn't get Here Comes the Money until Backlash the following month (or just before it, idk). It's weird, and all they did for the videos was separate the Vince and Shane clips that had previously been part of the same package, but they're at least spaced apart a bit by Shane coming out first and introducing Foley as the guest referee, who of course came out to the car crash theme.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IronCladBurrito posted:

Wasn't there a HHH/Michaels match in '97 or '98 for the European title, when both were in DX?

Yep, both came out to "Break It Down," as did Chyna separately; they basically kept the song going for 5 minutes

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

D.N. Nation posted:

Yep, both came out to "Break It Down," as did Chyna separately; they basically kept the song going for 5 minutes
I looked this up and the clip i found made it look like Shawn got a "currently in the ring" jobber entrance lol. But I assume he did the full bit before the commercial break and the clip just started after.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want a deep cut, Cornette's Midnight Express and Paul E's Midnight Express (who called themselves the "original" Midnight Express) came out to the same music for their match at Starrcade '88

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If you want a deep cut, Cornette's Midnight Express and Paul E's Midnight Express (who called themselves the "original" Midnight Express) came out to the same music for their match at Starrcade '88

they should have come out to slightly different non-copyright-infringing ripoffs of Chase from each other

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Paul E.'s were the "Original" Midnight Express :colbert:

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fenix vs Pentagon, mexi-kings met in the ring.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Decades posted:

Maybe not the best place to ask but has anyone in the US managed to keep the WWE network going? It's been great to casually put on in the background while working from home, and I spent the pandemic working through all WWF/WCW/ECW ppvs starting at Starrcade 83, but now I'm stuck between Judgment Day and Halloween Havoc 98. Peacock sounds like a nightmare.

I'm using a VPN already, but it doesn't help at all because my account was suddenly frozen right around Fastlane and I can't even log in. Is making a new account with a random foreign address the move? Has anyone done it yet who can confirm?
It hasn't been shut off yet in the U.S. just yet. The drop dead date is April 5th. So we don't know yet if the traditional methods for getting the Network in a country where you're not supposed to be able to get it will work here. (Historically, you don't need a VPN for playback, just at signup. It's IP address in a valid country plus PayPal as payment method and maybe a dummy address in that country, too, but I don't THINK you need that last one.)

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Oh the change over didn't happen yet? That's weird, I guess something unrelated happened to my account. But yeah that sounds totally manageable. It's a pretty impressive amount of content it'd be a shame to lose and I doubt it's really all surviving the transition.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Decades posted:

Oh the change over didn't happen yet? That's weird, I guess something unrelated happened to my account. But yeah that sounds totally manageable. It's a pretty impressive amount of content it'd be a shame to lose and I doubt it's really all surviving the transition.

Peacock is already editing out objectionable content from what it's already uploaded, so no, it's not all going to survive the transition.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Decades posted:

Did you billing cycle end, because I think they just cut you off if your billing cycle ended such that your next cycle would go past the drop dead date.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

did rowan and harper use the same music for the dolph/sting survivor series match?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

did rowan and harper use the same music for the dolph/sting survivor series match?

I want to say that was the debut of Rowan's tinky tonk xylophone music

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

smikey posted:

Peacock is already editing out objectionable content from what it's already uploaded, so no, it's not all going to survive the transition.

Keep circulating the torrents.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm clearly out of the loop. What's happening to the network in the us? Is it still going to be the same everywhere else?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Custard Undies posted:

I'm clearly out of the loop. What's happening to the network in the us? Is it still going to be the same everywhere else?

Peacock bought the rights to stream WWE content in the US, so the US version of the network is closing down and people have to move over.

The network still exists in the rest of the world where Peacock doesn't exist.

Reportedly WWE is in line to make close to a billion from this.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

smikey posted:

History is written by the winners and in this case it's WWE NBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Custard Undies posted:

The poster above clarified the US/Peacock situation and inevitably they’ll try to sell the network to streaming providers in other countries too.