Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

The legs clip into the little slots too. Not sure if you can do both at once though.

ETA: you cannot, at least on the STE GE one.

You can GENTLY sand down the interior of Laserbeak's claws so they don't pop out of the forearm grooves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I found the slots for the legs didn't clip all that firmly, easier to just use the central peg, even if it doesn't look as good

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You can GENTLY sand down the interior of Laserbeak's claws so they don't pop out of the forearm grooves.
Testing mine they held okay, but there wasn't an obvious click when they had gone far enough, so it was easy to push too hard and make him pop off. Once I noticed that he stayed on fine.

It's also a bit nuts how long I've had both of them for and not bothered to do this...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DisposableHero posted:

It's not the retail price but it was a sought after Wal-mart exclusive so you know how it goes :\

Sigh, it was at Walmart every single time I stopped by for a few months so I assumed it was common

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Medullah posted:

Sigh, it was at Walmart every single time I stopped by for a few months so I assumed it was common

It might have been in certain areas. Where I am though I never saw it (or any desirable Walmart exclusive) actually in a store. I got lucky with a pre-order and even that Wal-mart took forever to fulfill.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I haven’t seen that Soundwave or Bumblebee in metro Detroit, but managed to get both at retail online. Saw the Prime once, so I picked him up just because.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I haven’t seen that Soundwave or Bumblebee in metro Detroit, but managed to get both at retail online. Saw the Prime once, so I picked him up just because.

The extra blue on the legs makes that the best version of the Prime mold. It's minor but it matters.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is $40 really the MSRP of the Headmaster reissues? I haven't really been paying attention because I only want a Weirdwolf if they fixed the backflap issue, and maybe another Skullcrucher because he's cool. It says sold by Walmart so it's not a third-party scalper, but I know their website's done price gouging of rare figures in the past.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Generations-Retro-Headmaster-Weirdwolf-Collectible-Action-Figure/816764826

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Man around Christmas that netflix soundwave was all over my area. Walmart had overflow shelving for it even.

He's almost perfect except one of his thigh bits is longer than the other and it prevents him from tabbing together 100% in alt mode. I have a second one that I may take apart and see if I can fix it with a replacement piece. The relevant siege parts aren't the same otherwise I'd sacrifice that instead.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Knormal posted:

Is $40 really the MSRP of the Headmaster reissues? I haven't really been paying attention because I only want a Weirdwolf if they fixed the backflap issue, and maybe another Skullcrucher because he's cool. It says sold by Walmart so it's not a third-party scalper, but I know their website's done price gouging of rare figures in the past.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Generations-Retro-Headmaster-Weirdwolf-Collectible-Action-Figure/816764826

$20. I’ve been trying to find Weirdwolf and Skullcruncher because I decided to get Mindwipe after I said I was done buying Transformers after Grimlock.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Yeah they're supposed to be $20. As far as I know they did not fix the backflap problem.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Thanks, $20 is what I figured it should be. If the back issue's not fixed then I guess I don't need to worry about finding one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Rhyno posted:

Also I would probably sell my set if you want to middle man it to you friend.

Thank you, I'll see if he's interested. You have a ballpark price in mind?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I don't generally buy toys because I have enough plastic crap of other kinds lying around but I decided to pick up the War for Cybertron Soundwave battle 3-pack and man. It's so good. An almost perfect version of the Soundwave I wanted as a kid, and no-where near the cost of the Masterpiece.

Love the light piping on the eyes, the fact you can plug Lazerbeak into his arm so you don't have to rely on just the legs, the solid joints and chunky build, it's great.

That looks so good. Love the cure little laserbeak.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darth TNT posted:

That looks so good. Love the cure little laserbeak.

I was thinking about getting the Ratbat Frenzy Rumble two-pack as well but as far as I can see there's no way to attach the Ratbat to Soundwave in a way that doesn't look stupid. He's got a peg on the back, but there's no chance of him sitting firmly on the shoulder or similar.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 25, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

I was thinking about getting the Ratbat [strike]Frenzy[/strike] Rumble two-pack as well but as far as I can see there's no way to attach the Ratbat to Soundwave in a way that doesn't look stupid. He's got a peg on the back, but there's no chance of him sitting firmly on the shoulder or similar.

Yeah, Ratbat doesn't seem to sit on Soundwave but I'm personally pretty happy with him and the other lads sitting in front of their tape daddy. It makes for a nice trio with Ravage

(Apologies for the massive photo but phone posting)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Yeah, Ratbat doesn't seem to sit on Soundwave but I'm personally pretty happy with him and the other lads sitting in front of their tape daddy. It makes for a nice trio with Ravage

(Apologies for the massive photo but phone posting)

Actually I might have found a half-assed way to do it involving his gun - can you see what Ratbat looks like with the peg in the barrel when the gun is attached like this?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
From Reddit:

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

From Reddit:

A true masterpiece. Now stick it on the ceiling.

Question time: I'm a fan of Prime Arcee as a character and a design ever since I watched it with my son a few years ago. I missed out (and wasn't purchasing) Transformers at the time of the original toy runs. What is the best figure of her and can it be had for sane amounts of money?

I know Angel Engine have a new Prime Arcee out that I believe is just a KO of her original figure? I was tempted until I saw close ups of the paintwork and yikes, it seems like it's really bad quality there with all kinds of paving and cracking. I know that Hasbro has a non-transformable one (RED series wasn't it?) but no one ever talks about it so I'm assuming it's not all that great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The RED one has just hit retail but I wasnt impressed by any of the first wave. You can probably get her original toy for a decent price, just not the First Edition one.

And I think Generations Chromia was a retool of the mold?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I've got the pink version of the first edition mold kicking around loose in a box that hasn't been opened since I moved like four years ago, if you want a pink one

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

runwiled posted:

A true masterpiece. Now stick it on the ceiling.

Question time: I'm a fan of Prime Arcee as a character and a design ever since I watched it with my son a few years ago. I missed out (and wasn't purchasing) Transformers at the time of the original toy runs. What is the best figure of her and can it be had for sane amounts of money?

I know Angel Engine have a new Prime Arcee out that I believe is just a KO of her original figure? I was tempted until I saw close ups of the paintwork and yikes, it seems like it's really bad quality there with all kinds of paving and cracking. I know that Hasbro has a non-transformable one (RED series wasn't it?) but no one ever talks about it so I'm assuming it's not all that great.

The FE is OK but I greatly prefer the US retail one, the transformation works a lot better. I could never get the front of the bike to stay together on the FE in any of its forms. The Beast Hunters version is pretty rad too. There's are also Botcon repaints of the US retail and Beast Hunter forms, but they're probably crazy expensive now. Also the tiny legends class version is pretty cool too if you want a smaller one to scale with cars.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Karma Tornado posted:

I've got the pink version of the first edition mold kicking around loose in a box that hasn't been opened since I moved like four years ago, if you want a pink one

Thank you so much for the kind offer but I'm a Prime blue purist~ Also I'm in the UK which most people here aren't and I wouldn't dream of asking you to ship overseas. Also I get funny about receiving gestures of kindness. Because I'm a goon.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The FE is OK but I greatly prefer the US retail one, the transformation works a lot better. I could never get the front of the bike to stay together on the FE in any of its forms. The Beast Hunters version is pretty rad too. There's are also Botcon repaints of the US retail and Beast Hunter forms, but they're probably crazy expensive now. Also the tiny legends class version is pretty cool too if you want a smaller one to scale with cars.

This Beast Hunters one?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transfor...YcAAOSwzUpgRT5-

Thank you for the heads up about the FE's being a bit wonky to transform.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Actually I might have found a half-assed way to do it involving his gun - can you see what Ratbat looks like with the peg in the barrel when the gun is attached like this?

The peg feels a bit tight to actually go into the barrel but it definitely provides something that he balances against well enough if you prop him against it

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

The RED one has just hit retail but I wasnt impressed by any of the first wave. You can probably get her original toy for a decent price, just not the First Edition one.

And I think Generations Chromia was a retool of the mold?

Chromia was a heavy retool of RID Arcee, yeah.

I’ve got the RED Arcee coming in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

The peg feels a bit tight to actually go into the barrel but it definitely provides something that he balances against well enough if you prop him against it

Guess I'm buying that 2 pack then!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

You won't regret it. They're both delightful.

runwiled posted:

Thank you so much for the kind offer but I'm a Prime blue purist~ Also I'm in the UK which most people here aren't and I wouldn't dream of asking you to ship overseas. Also I get funny about receiving gestures of kindness. Because I'm a goon.
My local nerdshop in Dublin might have a second hand one in their cabinets. It's not that big a deal to get stuff to the UK from here.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I was not ready for how huge this new Unicron is. Good god I need another room just for it.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

They're really neat, and definitely worth it if you can find them around retail price.

Honestly I'd have bought up any cassette packs Hasbro put out to go with him if they'd done like the little monkey and dino guy and stuff, Soundwave is just that good. I want the whole family

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 25, 2021

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

Chromia was a heavy retool of RID Arcee, yeah.

I’ve got the RED Arcee coming in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

You'll have to let me know how it is.

Arquinsiel posted:

My local nerdshop in Dublin might have a second hand one in their cabinets. It's not that big a deal to get stuff to the UK from here.

Oooo~ Let me know how much they'd want for it because the markups I'm seeing on ebay are ridiculous (Someone in Japan is being a chancer and asking for over $4000). Don't go out of your way and expose yourself to the plague on my account though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

They're really neat, and definitely worth it if you can find them around retail price.

Honestly I'd have bought up any cassette packs Hasbro put out to go with him if they'd done like the little monkey and dino guy and stuff, Soundwave is just that good. I want the whole family

Dr. Wu has a not-Beastbox which is sized for that mold, Should be coming out soon. I know that's not Hasbro, but it looks really good!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kenzo posted:

I was not ready for how huge this new Unicron is. Good god I need another room just for it.

"You belong to me, now."

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

What was the flap issue with the headmaster weirdwolf?

I grabbed him, mindwipe, and skullcruncher from walmart.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
it was clear plastic, so it has a tendency to snap off. try to hold it near the joint when you open it to relieve stress on it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yo, what is this?
https://twitter.com/UNOYUKI07153/status/1375094264175099911?s=20

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
MP Skids and "Reboost"

Reboost apparently comes with the little Motocompo scooter that Skids' diaclone versions had

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anora posted:

it was clear plastic, so it has a tendency to snap off. try to hold it near the joint when you open it to relieve stress on it.

Ah ok, thanks. I wonder if brushing clear uv resin over the part and hardening it would offer additional strength without adding bulk.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Unicron has arrived. All I can say is that for $600 they could have had a section in the instructions that explained how to configure him to fit on the loving stand. Idiotic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

Unicron has arrived. All I can say is that for $600 they could have had a section in the instructions that explained how to configure him to fit on the loving stand. Idiotic.

According to Peaugh’s review it’s the last page in the manual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Mine was supposed to be delivered today but as of 4 hours ago it was 3 states away and now I'm just going to have to wear this unicron t-shirt for like 3 days because I definitely wasn't going to do that anyway.