Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd kill for a 1 vs 100 type game. There was one of those a couple years ago, wasn't there? Something like Trivia HQ? I can't remember.

Trivia Royale is kinda that, but successive 1v1 trivia battles, starting with 1000 people and working down to 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'd kill for a 1 vs 100 type game. There was one of those a couple years ago, wasn't there? Something like Trivia HQ? I can't remember.

Crazy to think that only a few years ago I was at a NYE party where drat near everyone there was playing HQ Trivia on their phones as the ball dropped lol

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

explosivo posted:

Crazy to think that only a few years ago I was at a NYE party where drat near everyone there was playing HQ Trivia on their phones as the ball dropped lol

Great podcast on the Ringer network about their rise and fall. Interesting and a bit nostalgic (in the weird internet from a few years ago way).

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Don't give Bill Simmons the impressions. Just watch this instead:

https://youtu.be/PiBb1BVsmBQ

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HQ Trivia is still going. It stopped for a while, but it's back.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
I'm struggling to find time to play Dicast at the moment as I got a new job, anyone who's regularly active fancy taking over as admin of the guild?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I'm still playing regularly as LordSwifticus if you want to pass it to me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I'm struggling to find time to play Dicast at the moment as I got a new job, anyone who's regularly active fancy taking over as admin of the guild?

Disregard the job, aquire dicast.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

New spot open in the goon Shop Titans guild! Just drop a post with your ingame ID and I'll send off an invite

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Farquar posted:

I'm still playing regularly as LordSwifticus if you want to pass it to me.

Done. Main thing you need to do every day is reset the mission (first reset costs 10 guild points, next costs 170 so I'd only do one a day). Accepting new members is done at the settings cog top-right on the guild page, it's totally not obvious so thought I'd mention it!

Enjoy!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized I have a decent android TV box sitting unused in my garage and a spare DS4 laying around. Other than PUBG and CODM, what should I download?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Nearing the end of Swarm Sim. What are other good premium clickers/idlers that don't still try to get you to watch ads for extra poo poo?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

Nearing the end of Swarm Sim. What are other good premium clickers/idlers that don't still try to get you to watch ads for extra poo poo?

It's not mobile but if you haven't played ngu idle on steam you're missing out. It's too notch idle/incremental and made by a goon. The sequel cones out next month.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aardvark! posted:

Idle Skilling is loving obtuse as hell and the graphics are initially pretty off putting but this ended up being probably my second favorite idler experience ever next to NGU. There's a steady drip of new mechanics that all layer on one another in a very satisfying way. I ended up spending some money on it but IIRC there weren't any ads and the IAP's were reasonable.

Thanks for Swarm Sim, gonna check this one out!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I downloaded Dungeon Village 2 . It plays very similar to the previous game so if you liked that one then you will like this as well. I have gotten a few work days worth of fun out of it so I am happy with the purchase.

The game is a somewhat shallow town builder. Heroes visit your town and kill stuff giving you money and items. Then they come into the town and use the shops giving you more money and improving their stats. Heroes have class that give them some base stats and a passive ability. Each shop has their own stats to improve but I'm not really sure what they do beside the money gained stat. I just max them out and call it a day. Sometimes a quest is available and you spend money to have heroes gain you a bunch of items and popularity. Every 100 popularity you gain a new hero. You have certain goals to reach a new star on your town rating and at 5 stars you are done with that town and start a new town. It is quick and simple but has some fun gameplay loops.

It is basically the same game with stuff added. Now events, dungeons, building exist, and presents given will give your city rating in current stat. For example, trees increase your nature rating. Once a year your city gets judged on its rating and you get a reward. There is also contest and unlockable characters for gaining at certain ratings.

There is also multiple towns now which adds to the fun but is honestly more of the same. You can bring items and adventures to new towns and go back to the old Town for more. However each town does have different characters and buildings to unlock so that is something.

There is also a monster pet system which is actually harmful that makes you much worse at the game if you use it, so ignore it. Heroes can't use special abilities or magic while riding a pet and if the pet dies the hero will run it back to town for healing. Since pets cannot equip items they are about a strong as a beginner adventurer. Pet will die a lot and the hero will happily spend all their time running back to town.

The worst part of the game is the pop ups. The game wants to congratulate you on everything. Each congratulation only takes a few seconds but you are gonna get like 5+ a minute. For example you could complete a quest and get the pop up for that. Then because of that quest you gain popularity and reach a 100 breakpoint on that so another pop up. Then an adventurer will join so another pop up. Then the adventurer guild rewards with another pop up and a medal for doing a good job. It also possible a hero mastered a class or a monster wanted to join you. It is really ridiculous.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 26, 2021

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I can't reccomend Idling to Rule The Gods enough. Its got a ton of stuff to do and choices to make. It's easy to lose oneself in the game after a reset optimizing everything as hard as possible.

There are IAP and ads, however they are both entirely optional. Ads offer points you can trade for small bonuses and you can earn almost everything you can buy.

I've been playing for over a year now and i cannot get enough.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Darkoni posted:

I can't reccomend Idling to Rule The Gods enough. Its got a ton of stuff to do and choices to make. It's easy to lose oneself in the game after a reset optimizing everything as hard as possible.

There are IAP and ads, however they are both entirely optional. Ads offer points you can trade for small bonuses and you can earn almost everything you can buy.

I've been playing for over a year now and i cannot get enough.

Yeah I played that for a few years and still have a ton of content to go through. I bought some IAP as more of a thank you than a necessity. It is the game that inspired NGU if you liked that game.

My newest idle fix has been coming from Wizard and Minion Idle which take heavy inspiration from NGU. It is big and dense so you gotta be in the mood for idle that gives you a ton of options.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Sammus posted:

I just realized I have a decent android TV box sitting unused in my garage and a spare DS4 laying around. Other than PUBG and CODM, what should I download?

If you want novelty, kotor 2 runs with the restored content patch on Android. The devs who did the port wanted to include the content but lawyers said no so they left it all in the apk and made sure you could mod it back in yourself.

Pascal's Wager is a surprisingly decent soulslike for the platform

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Raid boss chat.

Who in the Raid Goons guild wants leadership? I think I'm done.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

My newest idle fix has been coming from Wizard and Minion Idle which take heavy inspiration from NGU. It is big and dense so you gotta be in the mood for idle that gives you a ton of options.

I appreciate that this was inspired by NGU but it feels like they are missing a big part about what makes NGU good. It kinda feels like you get features and new stuff thrown at you with little to no time to figure out the mechanics before another one gets tossed on the pile. The UI is a mess and resources aren't really clearly explained so I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, WAMI isn't really the best designed game. There are multiple features in it that feel like a modified version of an NGU feature, but the dev didn't really get what made that feature work and changed it for the worse.

That being said, the mobile interface is designed way better than the PC interface (and eventually they're going to equalize both versions), and really I'm just playing it because it's on mobile and NGU isn't. Though budget NGU still ends up better than most idle games out there, imo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

explosivo posted:

I appreciate that this was inspired by NGU but it feels like they are missing a big part about what makes NGU good. It kinda feels like you get features and new stuff thrown at you with little to no time to figure out the mechanics before another one gets tossed on the pile. The UI is a mess and resources aren't really clearly explained so I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing.

I quit wami a few months back. Too much spreadsheeting for me. There's a bit of that with Ngu, but with wami I was referencing it too much.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Though budget NGU still ends up better than most idle games out there, imo.

This is where I am at right now. I unlocked skills like 3 days ago and still don't really get it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
League of Legends launched today if that's your thing

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Arms_Akimbo posted:

League of Legends launched today if that's your thing

Sorry but this is a king's raid thread now.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Stoaked about wild rift

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shwqa posted:

I downloaded Dungeon Village 2 . It plays very similar to the previous game so if you liked that one then you will like this as well. I have gotten a few work days worth of fun out of it so I am happy with the purchase.

I see it's $7, so does that mean it's mercifully free of ads and microtransactions trying to fleece you non-stop? You didn't mention any so I'm hopeful.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I see it's $7, so does that mean it's mercifully free of ads and microtransactions trying to fleece you non-stop? You didn't mention any so I'm hopeful.

Kairosoft are pay once, play forever, no mtx to throw off progression balance or anything. They sell the same exact games on switch for $12, to give you an idea.

All those games play pretty similar to each other, but there's a TON of them, and they're very well executed, so you can pick the one that suits your tastes. Off the top of my head, they have game dev, f1 racing, cruise ship, basketball team, private school, sushi shop, baseball team, shopping mall, a public pool, and a uh town full of ninjas.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Kairosoft are pay once, play forever, no mtx to throw off progression balance or anything. They sell the same exact games on switch for $12, to give you an idea.

All those games play pretty similar to each other, but there's a TON of them, and they're very well executed, so you can pick the one that suits your tastes. Off the top of my head, they have game dev, f1 racing, cruise ship, basketball team, private school, sushi shop, baseball team, shopping mall, a public pool, and a uh town full of ninjas.

Kairosoft has had some microtransaction, ad-ridden games including the original Dungeon Village.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Kairosoft has had some microtransaction, ad-ridden games including the original Dungeon Village.

I forget if I ever had adds in DV1 but I never got it for free. Beast Bay was originally free but IIRC you had to use in-game currency (which you could farm but it was rare until you were pretty much 'done') to unlock stuff like 2x speed that the games normally include by default.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Seconding this. They have had some games with microtransactions and the OP's question is fair.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

This one has no IAP. There is a premium currency but it is found in dungeon quest. It cannot be bought with money.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shwqa posted:

This one has no IAP. There is a premium currency but it is found in dungeon quest. It cannot be bought with money.

Good deal. Time to let a Kairosoft game eat a bunch of my mobile gaming time. Again.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Arms_Akimbo posted:

If you want novelty, kotor 2 runs with the restored content patch on Android. The devs who did the port wanted to include the content but lawyers said no so they left it all in the apk and made sure you could mod it back in yourself.

Pascal's Wager is a surprisingly decent soulslike for the platform

Kotor 2 sounds awesome, i'll have to look into that.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

New Fresco in Hungry Cat Picross Nonograms

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Go RV! posted:

New Fresco in Hungry Cat Picross Nonograms

And yet again my app doesn't grab the new one.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
New Supercell game Clash Quest had a soft launch in the Scandinavian countries. Decent little puzzle game with a terrible stamina system. Needs still quite a bit of work until global release.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supercell.clashquest

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Speaking of Soft Launches, I just put (my solo-dev'd incremental toy/game) IncrediMarble up for Open Beta on the Android Store. Have fun (and report bugs) y'all!

(You have to click a link to join)

(Desktop link)
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.funfirst.letsroll

(Android device link)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funfirst.letsroll

It's the game with the marbles and the slides:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 19, 2021

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Anyone else unable to lot into their tuesday account in Hungry Cat Nonogram?
When i tap connect the button flashes but nothing happens. No cross device sync for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Valle posted:

Anyone else unable to lot into their tuesday account in Hungry Cat Nonogram?
When i tap connect the button flashes but nothing happens. No cross device sync for me :(

No, but the Google sign-in hasn't worked for me for at least a year. Had to create a Tuesday Quest account just to save. And I have to log in every single time I open the app (if I want to back up anything to the cloud, at least).