Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

That picture makes Rutgers look like a grocery store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
I do one wipe with TP before turning on the bidet just to survey the situation. And one wipe after to dry, and make sure I got everything

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

Why is there not a blowdryer function

How is that not a thing

I just have a basic non-electric one, but the higher end electric ones all have this

https://bidetking.com/products/bio-bidet-discovery-dlx-bidet-toilet-combination

"Enhanced Air Dryer (3 Stage)"

https://bidetking.com/products/toto-mw6423056cefga01-nexus-elongated-128-gpf-one-piece-toilet-with-washlet-s550e-auto-flush-in-cotton-white

has a dryer function on the remote (lol)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

euphronius posted:

remote learning is a disaster lol

no easy answers

remote learning is a disaster in part because no one was willing to acknowledge that it was something that might last for more than a few months, so support in a lot of schools has been ad hoc despite a remote status quo for the better part of a year

it was always going to be bad for young/special needs children, but keeping everyone else remote means that tons of space would have been available in schools to figure out a legitimately safe solution for that problem

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

actionjackson posted:

I just have a basic non-electric one, but the higher end electric ones all have this

https://bidetking.com/products/bio-bidet-discovery-dlx-bidet-toilet-combination

"Enhanced Air Dryer (3 Stage)"

https://bidetking.com/products/toto-mw6423056cefga01-nexus-elongated-128-gpf-one-piece-toilet-with-washlet-s550e-auto-flush-in-cotton-white

has a dryer function on the remote (lol)

So we're an Alexa integration away from hands-free making GBS threads

Isn't that the dream

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

imagine how gross this remote would get, you are literally only using it after taking a poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

McCracAttack posted:

It was explained to me that "medical grade" mostly has to do with how splash proof they are. If those get something splattered on them they won't protect you very well.

This is correct (source is physician friend). The blue 3M ones are medical ones and if you can see one up close, it feels a bit different. I would guess it's tyvek on the outside layer

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

imagine how gross this remote would get, you are literally only using it after taking a poo poo

are you making GBS threads on your hands while you do the deed? how does the poo poo get on the remote??

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Pingui posted:

An interesting article here, not so much for the conclusions as such, but their speculation in the article about the (highlighted) implication:

now correct me if i'm wrong here but i'm pretty sure this is saying that i should get the shot in my tongue so i can resume my daily routine of licking subway poles asap

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

remote learning is a disaster in part because no one was willing to acknowledge that it was something that might last for more than a few months, so support in a lot of schools has been ad hoc despite a remote status quo for the better part of a year

it was always going to be bad for young/special needs children, but keeping everyone else remote means that tons of space would have been available in schools to figure out a legitimately safe solution for that problem

I like the part where we found out young people are tech illiterate again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
these stories make me very happy

https://twitter.com/ClimateKristin/status/1374817137567559680?s=19

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pingui posted:

It's true, "Moderator" is in the superfamily "Ichneumonoidea" (parasitoid wasps).

I think "parasitoid wasp" is just another term for "neoliberal", but I am not sure.

Edit: That came of aggressive, that isn't the intent.

im gonna read about wasps

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

tuyop posted:

are you making GBS threads on your hands while you do the deed? how does the poo poo get on the remote??

Guests:

Happy Thread posted:

I was in China with severe diarrhea from the local food and my friend's house only had a bidet. I had never used one but it seemed easy enough. But it was evidently not designed for the extremely common edge case of liquid poo poo. I looked down at it after using, and the whole thing had coated itself in poo poo colored water. A dark layer all over every curve besides the very top surface. Had to clean the gently caress out of the whole machine to make it not obvious to the next bathroom user. Basically this:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

tuyop posted:

yes

whoa check out the highlights from this fancy seat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb--GwZL9N0&t=250s

3:00 rear wash and pulse function

3:25 front feminine wash and pulse function ;-*

3:38 ENEMA FUNCTION WITH PULSE TO STIMULATE THE RECTUM (horny is prohibited!!!!)

4:00 warm air dryer :)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

I think the best that could be done is secondary non- special needs come every second day (so half classes) with non-synchronized learning on the off day

that would leave room for primary and special needs to be in school

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

my son is struggling with speech and making himself understood, and this year of remote learning hasn't helped him at all. but, even if we were desperate enough to send him back to school, he'd still struggle with the in-person speech therapy. good luck trying to get a small kid caught up on speech acquisition when everyone's wearing masks and you can't study anyone's lips!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I sincerely wish this would translate to republican deaths

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

teachers have masks with transparent panels

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

euphronius posted:

teachers have masks with transparent panels

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
a friend's young kid is in person school. one parent is a special needs teacher that has never not been in school, and the other works retail

he chews on the inside of his mask all day, so his face is now just one huge rash

many sides!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know you all disagree with me that schools but the really big problem is SPORTS in schools which have continued unabated without masks !!! Or testing or anything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are doing WRESTLING tournaments here still! All winter !

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The only reason vaccine schedules are accelerating is because nobody is getting them. We're probably near the peak of acceptance at around 40%

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

this is a chik-fil-a

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

I know you all disagree with me that schools but the really big problem is SPORTS in schools which have continued unabated without masks !!! Or testing or anything

sports in particular have always encouraged kids to just play through it. sick? what, are you going to let down the team?

but now if you pop positive the entire team skips the next game

and that's all on you, billy

you sure you want to get a test for that cough?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

The only reason vaccine schedules are accelerating is because nobody is getting them. We're probably near the peak of acceptance at around 40%

lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im going to sign up for 20 or 30 vaccines

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
is it time to break into the emergency bean stash?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Rutibex posted:

since last march i avoid people to prevent getting coivd. but now i especially avoid people to prevent getting any of their stupid ideas

i will stop being a hermit once case numbers are zero, or everyone is dead

:haibrow:

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Pingui posted:

But then the cool name "Z-track technique" wouldn't make sense and couldn't be used :(

Edit: No, QCS, above image is not how needles are given nor intended to scare people from vaccination Click here for the actual z-technique gif

Blitter has issued a correction as of 17:19 on Mar 26, 2021

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Pingui posted:

Shout-out to our resident Black Betty Bamlanivimab developer:

Yup, it’s part of a combination treatment now due to the variants.

This probably shouldn’t have to be said but I’m not speaking as a company representative, but as a science goon that just ended up real close to this pandemic response.

Forseti posted:

This is correct (source is physician friend). The blue 3M ones are medical ones and if you can see one up close, it feels a bit different. I would guess it's tyvek on the outside layer

A ton of the infected healthcare workers I interviewed got sick when incubating patients in substandard N95s while getting sprayed with pink lung foam.

Bastard Tetris has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Mar 26, 2021

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Asproigerosis posted:

V. True. My state had a mass vaccination even with the first 10k JnJ shots and it was booked like crazy. The they opened it up to 50-64 and can’t fill an 8000 mass vaccination event, and so far a week after eligibility only 50% of those newly eligible schedule appts

It’ll be a disaster because young boomers and old Gen X don’t want to love Microsoft products cuz Tucker told em

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bastard Tetris posted:

Yup, it’s part of a combination treatment now due to the variants.

This probably shouldn’t have to be said but I’m not speaking as a company representative, but as a science goon that just ended up real close to this pandemic response.

It says so in the article, so I cannot imagine that would be an issue :)

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Crazyweasel posted:

V. True. My state had a mass vaccination even with the first 10k JnJ shots and it was booked like crazy. The they opened it up to 50-64 and can’t fill an 8000 mass vaccination event, and so far a week after eligibility only 50% of those newly eligible schedule appts

It’ll be a disaster because young boomers and old Gen X don’t want to love Microsoft products cuz Tucker told em

40-50% puts zoomers a lot more antivax than we thought too

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
If you show up early to a retail pharmacy for an appointment, do they care much?

salient
Jan 2, 2021
how it started

https://twitter.com/CDCDirector/status/1374758476291977219

how it's going

https://twitter.com/davidalim/status/1375457310345166848

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pingui posted:

What a weird coincidence.

I like news media and health authorities D&D-ishly repeating "correlation isn't causation" as a ward against harm.
"But the level is well below the surge seen in November and December." hahah these bastards. You remember that time during the global pandemic when 200k+ people died? The worst of the worst?? Yeah this outbreak isn't that bad so it's okay!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
school sports have definitely been a driver of outbreaks here in MI. Lot of chud protests here about letting them play. Glad big gretch caved in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"Historic declines" lol at this phrase