Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Uglycat posted:

I honestly think the mass shootings are (in part) a result of a deliberate campaign of stochastic terrorism, and that the same sockpuppet armies signal-boosting qanon are also working to gaslight and traumatizing a sizeable group of targeted individuals into being convinced they are targeted individuals and into behaving antisocially and mistrusting everyone and isolating and radicalizing in any-which-way. Like, wanna place wagers on this boulder shooter believing he's been 'gangstalked'?

Nah. It's down to living in a country with more guns than people in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
its weird to think that some shadowy conspiracy exists to trigger people into mass shootings given that mass shootings were happening long before the internet was a daily necessity of life

the problem is simple: it is very easy for americans to get guns

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Uglycat posted:

Do you need to know that there's a deliberate fascist plost to foster and encourage the conditions under which this happens with increasingly greater frequency? And that qanon - is just one part of that larger op?

Again, it's more important to stop HOW they're getting the weapons as opposed to WHY they want to use them.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Has there been any further erosion in Qanon/Trumpist unity since Feburary?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
the 'more guns than people' thing is definitely relevant; it's almost like this 'op' is the continuation/evolution of a much older one! Man, I'd probably sound like a moonbat if it weren't for the direct ties between the NRA and the 'collusion' that produced the campaign of stochastic terrorism and the qanon arg that serves it...

e: as I said, stochastic terrorism attempts to influence the invironment to be the sort where events like this happen more often, not less. The overabundance of firearms is /one/ of those conditions. The gaslighting of targetted individual is anyother strategy they adopt. It's complex. Like something an intelligence agency might come up with.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well, I guess we all just need to go out and do our own research about the issue and get back to you then.

I'll just check the boards and give my local qanon shamen a call and I'm sure we'll have this sorted soon enough

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yall, the dude living in a qanon adjacent commune that streamed themselves as they killed and ate a cat says qanon is a CIA op. This seems very legitimate.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
From the Air America stories my dad told me people tend to greatly overestimate the competence of the CIA.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Uglycat posted:

the 'more guns than people' thing is definitely relevant; it's almost like this 'op' is the continuation/evolution of a much older one! Man, I'd probably sound like a moonbat if it weren't for the direct ties between the NRA and the 'collusion' that produced the campaign of stochastic terrorism and the qanon arg that serves it...

e: as I said, stochastic terrorism attempts to influence the invironment to be the sort where events like this happen more often, not less. The overabundance of firearms is /one/ of those conditions. The gaslighting of targetted individual is anyother strategy they adopt. It's complex. Like something an intelligence agency might come up with.

the essence of conspiratorial thinking is the strong belief that some kind of agency (or Agency) must be the motivating factor behind patterns of behavior in otherwise non-associated people. this is a bit like thinking that raindances work to bring the rain

it's also a bit bugfuck to assume the CIA wants to motivate to people to randomly murder their fellow citizens because... they're pure evil, i guess? among some folks, "the CIA" is the same as "Satan?!" is among the grey hair church set. the CIA is clearly using *rolls dice* backwards messages in *rolls dice* soundcloud rap to *rolls dice* force millenials to *rolls dice* dye their hair blue and not call mom on her birthday. sure

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lammasu posted:

From the Air America stories my dad told me people tend to greatly overestimate the competence of the CIA.

They are very dumb people who are also evil too.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Do you think uglycat's cult would get more members if they rebranded themselves into proud pussy eaters?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that at least one American police agency or federal office has used a strategy of tension to destabilize leftist groups or serve whatever they think their interests are, but that's just another instance of the same underlying pathology that creates all American mass shootings and other forms of spectacular violence: Americans are a violent, hateful, spiteful people and our culture is a profound sickness born of genocide and slavery, the greatest crimes against humanity possible.

Basically, if the FBI were infiltrating far-right groups to influence them or just not acting on information they have so that their destructive energy is focused in directions that the FBI would prefer, that's because both the FBI and the far-right groups are composed of bloodthirsty thugs who can only imagine suffering and death.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Roger Stone is as much Q as the Watkins and maybe the CIA and FBI are in there as well. To focus on them alone is missing the point. Please stop being cuckoo in this thread.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Uglycat posted:

There's no such thing as "targeted individuals". Like, the people who claim this are, 100% of the time, mentally ill.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
but what if mental illness was made up by the CIA to discredit truth seekers? the CIA has done shady things before, surely you can't be so naive as to not attribute all possible ills to the CIA since some ills can be verifiably attributed to them. and if the gaslighting were itself stochastic... my god, this is how they get away with it

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 25, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

among some folks, "the CIA" is the same as "Satan?!" is among the grey hair church set.

The CIA is an incredibly lovely organization though that I would classify as evil, it's just that they're normally busy trying to overthrow any remotely leftist presidents in South America. Especially given that there are a bunch of angry and racist people who have access to many, many guns, I can't imagine the CIA is taking any sort of active role in anything since the conditions to have lots of mass shootings already exist in the US. Assuming you believe the CIA wants mass shootings to happen in the US, I mean.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m starting a commune with 100% of the weird sex stuff but 0% of the pet eating PM me if interested spot are filling up fast.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I’m starting a commune with 100% of the weird sex stuff but 0% of the pet eating PM me if interested spot are filling up fast.

that's not the only thing filling up fast iykwim.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

What is your commune's stance on the government controlling the weather with nanomachines to make it cloudy which makes people depressed so they will do mass shootings to promote fascism?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Obviously not 100% of the weird sex stuff.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Twelve by Pies posted:

What is your commune's stance on the government controlling the weather with nanomachines to make it cloudy which makes people depressed so they will do mass shootings to promote fascism?

Pro

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Uglycat posted:

Man, I'd probably sound like a moonbat

bad news friend

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
um, the op isn't CIA in origin, obviously.

It's Bannon, and the GRU, etc.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the other nice thing about conspiracy theories is that they are unfalsifiable so you can just say things and then attempt to use soft social power to persuade/scold people into agreeing with you since there is no possible set of objective facts which can substantiate your argument. very handy if you're lacking in the latter relative to the former, or if you're used to hammering out consensus in places where folks come to the table (and leave from it) with completely different realities in mind

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

alf_pogs posted:

bad news friend

drat it. I was gonna post this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Uglycat posted:

That's just what they want you to think.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Seriously: the internet taught me to despise furries and it wanst until very recently that I realized the most of them are just queer kids; usually very progressive, and at the very least, harmless

At the other hand, a lot of people who I used to see merciless mocking they revealed themselves as nazis and/or horrible people

As I've gotten older, I've definitely looked back and cringed at all the furry hate that was going on on sites such as this one.

While I'm at it, I regret gawking at Chris Chan (who I think has since transitioned? Not sure). It was a pretty weird time when everyone tolerated 4chan's moral compass to the extent that we were willing to be entertained by the bullying and harassment of a mentally handicapped person.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Uglycat posted:

My god, Revolver Ocelot is in on this??

Is that why y’all ate that cat? As a scare tactic?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

My god, Revolver Ocelot is in on this??

Is that why y’all ate that cat? As a scare tactic?

Revolver Ocelot is in on every conspiracy because he's simultaneously working for and betraying everyone at the same time. Q is just his latest attempt to set up the War Economy predicted in the documentary Metal Gear Solid 4, testing an AI's capability to manipulate and control events in nations. All to make sure that Big Boss-sempai notices him.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

So I haven't paid attention to Q in a while. What was the response when the March 14 date passed without incident? Anything?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought their new date was the 20th?

also i forgot to get a pie for pi day, what kind of pie should i get

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Chocolate cream.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beelzebufo posted:

So I haven't paid attention to Q in a while. What was the response when the March 14 date passed without incident? Anything?

Same as it ever was.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RagnarokAngel posted:

Same as it ever was.
That implies that 'it ever was' did not include the 1/6 riots, right?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I know this is a race to the bottom, of sorts, because both are cretins but: Liberals were embarrassing when they lost, but not like this. Not like this.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Grouchio posted:

You mean when the Trump supporters "hugged and kissed" the police?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Grouchio posted:

The guided tour cosplaying as revolutionaries?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Like how weird we talking here?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PhazonLink posted:

Chocolate chip cheesecake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Wildeyes posted:

As I've gotten older, I've definitely looked back and cringed at all the furry hate that was going on on sites such as this one.

While I'm at it, I regret gawking at Chris Chan (who I think has since transitioned? Not sure). It was a pretty weird time when everyone tolerated 4chan's moral compass to the extent that we were willing to be entertained by the bullying and harassment of a mentally handicapped person.

There’s a 53 part Chris Chan Doc on youtube that’s very well made. Both Christine and her trolls are horrible people.