Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Don't forget to watch the video at the end of the chapter for some extreme salt. I just don't understand some people.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Don't forget to watch the video at the end of the chapter for some extreme salt. I just don't understand some people.

I couldn’t find the video!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Pigasus posted:

Go to the last page of 221, then hit next page.

Took me a while too :shobon:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Pigasus posted:

Thank you friends, A++ video

Looking forward to Chika's reaction: Nothing :D

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

She raised that boy.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
The long rant post in that video is pretty... astounding.

guya.moe linked another 220 meme on their twitter

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

holy gently caress there's some serious incel poo poo in that video

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Anime fans...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

4chanbrain.jpg

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Grouchio posted:

4chanbrain.jpg

4chan seems to be operating in a mix of ironic meltdowns and unironic ones, with the ironic ones having a lot of "I... I thought you were kidding" posts.

Of course, the whole thing was amplified by their simultaneous Evangelion and Attack on Titan meltdowns, with Kaguya fans trying to make sure their big news stayed in view despite two long lasting series making shocking decisions. And when a site operates on loud hatred, "If I had to describe the feelin', it was the best!" isn't going to get the job done.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

chiasaur11 posted:

4chan seems to be operating in a mix of ironic meltdowns and unironic ones, with the ironic ones having a lot of "I... I thought you were kidding" posts.

Of course, the whole thing was amplified by their simultaneous Evangelion and Attack on Titan meltdowns, with Kaguya fans trying to make sure their big news stayed in view despite two long lasting series making shocking decisions. And when a site operates on loud hatred, "If I had to describe the feelin', it was the best!" isn't going to get the job done.

What happened with those other meltdowns?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

What happened with those other meltdowns?

Well, in Attack on Titan

The second to last chapter ended with Mikasa making out with Eren's severed head

which was kind of a big thing, made bigger by context that would take too much time to describe here, but even that looked small in comparison with Evangelion, where

Shinji finally wound up in a serious romantic relationship with one of the other pilots.

Mari.

Asuka, meanwhile, has the kind of relationship with Kensuke where they're comfortable around each other naked, and she gives him nicknames.

It was a meltdown quite literally decades in the making.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

chiasaur11 posted:

even that looked small in comparison with Evangelion, where

Shinji finally wound up in a serious romantic relationship with one of the other pilots.

Mari.

Asuka, meanwhile, has the kind of relationship with Kensuke where they're comfortable around each other naked, and she gives him nicknames.

It was a meltdown quite literally decades in the making.
:stare:
God drat, mad respect to the Eva authors, because :drat: I struggle to think of a way to troll the fandom more.

I'll have to actually check all the 4 rebuilds now that it's done.
(it is done, right? There was no surprise cliffhanger leading to a future Rebuild 5 or 3+2 or 4+1 or whatever, right?)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Omobono posted:

:stare:
God drat, mad respect to the Eva authors, because :drat: I struggle to think of a way to troll the fandom more.

I'll have to actually check all the 4 rebuilds now that it's done.
(it is done, right? There was no surprise cliffhanger leading to a future Rebuild 5 or 3+2 or 4+1 or whatever, right?)

Let me put it this way. It's done. There is some actual closure in the last rebuild movie

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Evangelion actually ended in a way that I liked. The hell in Anno's head hath frozen over.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Please stop putting EVA spoilers in this thread. I accidentally spoiled myself because I didn’t know they were EVA spoilers instead of Kaguya spoilers.

At least if you put those up, let me know how I can see the movie too. :filez:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, keep spoilers to other incredibly popular series to a minimum please.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Good on both Shirogane and Kaguya for making it to...uh...I don't know how baseball metaphors work. Whatever. :golfclap:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's a grand slam if I ever saw one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I used to think it was something you'd only see with Otaku and idol culture. How naive I was. Although whenever someone gets laid in a story the ensuing salt is worth it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

to be fair with those kinds of posts it's almost always just one guy who is the biggest loser of all time crying and then everybody else dunking on them

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Supersonic Shine posted:

Good on both Shirogane and Kaguya for making it to...uh...I don't know how baseball metaphors work. Whatever. :golfclap:

They got a hole in one.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Catpetter1981 posted:

They got a hole in one.

They rolled a turkey

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

They reached Nirvana.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

They rolled a turkey

They hit the bullseye, making the dominoes fall like a house of cards.

Checkmate.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I’m glad they managed to avoid the dreaded Uno! into Draw-4 reversal.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Miyuki not only scored a home run, he went in face first, like Pete Rose.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Brought To You By posted:

I used to think it was something you'd only see with Otaku and idol culture. How naive I was. Although whenever someone gets laid in a story the ensuing salt is worth it.

Channers are english speaking Otaku in every sense, often deliberately.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Channers are english speaking Otaku in every sense, often deliberately.
Happened on Tumblr as well

Edit: Don't know how else to phrase this and I do see that spoilers for series was frowned upon so to sum it up I don't take kindly to shippers but find their meltdowns hilarious.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 27, 2021

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yo, spoilertags where the context is inside the tag are useless.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/222/1/

:unsmith:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ok now we start the 30 second timer until the whole school knows, because that went perfect and wholesome and now it must explode gloriously.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Having a serious Fujiwara chapter feels nice. She's such a good friend, and that was really heartwarming. Great chapter.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I love how Fuji went through that whole backstory just cause she thought she was in trouble and wanted to butter up Kaguya beforehand, as expected of a politician's daughter. :allears: Still, genuinely wholesome and that last page is just great.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, thank goodness. I needed some warm fuzzies after waking up sore. Glad that Aka fleshed out Fujiwara a bit more without having to go through some serious drama...in the present, at least.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

getting fujiwara's backstory in a single chapter is a blessing for sure, drama doesn't suit her

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Next chapter when she finds out that Ishigami and Iino knew is when the poo poo's gonna hit the fan.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Ok now we start the 30 second timer until the whole school knows, because that went perfect and wholesome and now it must explode gloriously.

Well, we know it won't be Chika's fault.

Kaguya tested all her friends by making sure they could keep a secret back in the day. Chika was one of the few who passed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Senerio posted:

Next chapter when she finds out that Ishigami and Iino knew is when the poo poo's gonna hit the fan.
tbf, both of them found out because they were, like, paying the minimum amount of attention. I love Chika, but she's ain't Subject F for nothing.

She's like what people think Goro Majima is like. Except with less bloodshed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

She's like what people think Goro Majima is like. Except with less bloodshed.

That we know of.

This was an extremely sweet chapter and it's nice to be reminded Fujiwara is a good friend and not just a chaos gremlin.