Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

thinking about doing a multishot at first because god drat is it zippy to help farm things

never tried a fun wizard build, is chantodo's fun? Or Typhon for that matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

never tried a fun wizard build, is chantodo's fun? Or Typhon for that matter?

I enjoyed Vyr Chantodo season 20 or 21, it is a bit stiff but in an enjoyable way, at least to me. I didn't do much high-level pushing though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Well I was either going to go Wizard or finally give DH a fair shake instead of sticking to the ol' reliable Monk, but picker says Wizard and I am not going to say no to all the meteors

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got back into D3 after like a decade and I'm having fun playing the Necromancer. I made him a seasonal character only to find out the season ends pretty quick, so I bumrushed the game and got all 4 seasonal chapters complete. It shows a "Community Event Buff" which helped a lot because finding a shrine basically insta-killed an entire level no matter the difficulty and made life easy. The double goblins is pretty cool also.

My wife recovered her account and she has her warrior that is level 70 with 600 paragon. She doesn't have the community event buff at all. She doesn't even have the Armory to set up armor sets. What's up with that? When the seasonal ends do the characters get dumped into a poo poo no-fun tier or what?

I see the next patch they are FINALLY allowing the helper dude wear all items like the Eastern Sun mod for D2 did, which was HUGE. It made it SO fun, I honestly can't wait. Will this be ONLY for seasonal characters? Seems like my wifes non-seasonal character is boned from all the cool poo poo..

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 27, 2021

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Seasonal characters are dumped into the non-seasonal pool once a season ends. Not sure why your wife doesn't have the armory available but it might just be that she needs to make a seasonal character first?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wrong thread

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is armory a RoS exclusive thing? Does she have the expansion?

mewse
May 2, 2006

ranbo das posted:

Is armory a RoS exclusive thing? Does she have the expansion?

If the character is 70 she has the expansion

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Is she accidentally playing in story mode instead of adventure mode?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Fatigued posted:

Is she accidentally playing in story mode instead of adventure mode?

This may be why. She was asking how to go through the story again without losing her character.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is the begining of this thread 2.60? I've got an non updated ps4 copy of the necromancer diablo four here and no way to put the console on the internet so I'm looking for old op builds to look rly cool in front of my co workers.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Inarius necromancer was very tanky and strong back then. Part of the power came from the Mirinae gem and it's proc before the nerf.

https://www.polygon.com/diablo-3-necromancer-guide/2017/7/18/15921016/inarius-bone-storm-build

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Very close to rat necro for 4p xp runs, #1 RG killer in 4p, will definitely get solo 150s down, what the gently caress more do you want?

A duriel mount?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
2.7 dropped and your helper dude now has all the item slots you have.

They need set items for helper dudes now.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Friendly reminder to not do your challenge rift this week.. new season starts on Friday.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Will Styles posted:

Friendly reminder to not do your challenge rift this week.. new season starts on Friday.

Sure hope it's as easy as the last one was.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mayveena posted:

Sure hope it's as easy as the last one was.

DH Natalya. Word is it's easy but time consuming because it's easy to go down a deadend and waste time. You basically want to know where the exits are and get to the 4th floor as fast as possible while killing everything on the way. 4th floor is a murder zone where everything is grouped up for mass carnage and should fly through it at that point.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've always enjoyed nats set. Just seems like there's a million bad ways to play it, and I've tried them all! :haw:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I avoid this problem by never doing challenge rifts except at the season start

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
lmbo, they decided to ninja nerf Rat's. Bone spirit is no longer affected by the set now. Mention of it was stealth edited out of the last patch notes after people asked about it on the forums.

People are taking it to 120, I guess. It feels pretty awful to play imo, you just watch your one ability and wait for it to come off cooldown. At this point just let the minions deal some damage so you don't feel worthless while you wait around.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

paid money to post posted:

lmbo, they decided to ninja nerf Rat's. Bone spirit is no longer affected by the set now. Mention of it was stealth edited out of the last patch notes after people asked about it on the forums.

People are taking it to 120, I guess. It feels pretty awful to play imo, you just watch your one ability and wait for it to come off cooldown. At this point just let the minions deal some damage so you don't feel worthless while you wait around.

Interesting. I didn't play with it much but bone spirit didn't seem to really fit on that set in the first place. Sounds like it's basically helltooth now but with army of the dead on top, that sounds terrible. Glad they're at least trying to make it work but it still needed more time in the oven.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Having a Cheat Death passive available from level 20 for all classes is unbelievably huge for us Hardcore maniacs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are the GoD/Satchel changes going to be impactful?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Are the GoD/Satchel changes going to be impactful?

Yes, it's probably a better set for most normal players and sucks if you were pushing GR ~140+. The changes gave GoD more raw damage but less potential damage via piercing with large pulls. So easier for bounties, t16, and speed GR. At least that's my understanding. Still the best DH set

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Man, I was going to start with a Wizard but I hate Tal's and the DH charity set is UE. Looks like it's multishot time again.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think I've changed my mind 7 times so far regarding a starter.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bij posted:

Man, I was going to start with a Wizard but I hate Tal's and the DH charity set is UE. Looks like it's multishot time again.

Yeah, UE Multishot is so tempting, but I feel like if I start there, I won't stop.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Just roll the class wheel and let rng decide for you.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Suburban Dad posted:

Interesting. I didn't play with it much but bone spirit didn't seem to really fit on that set in the first place. Sounds like it's basically helltooth now but with army of the dead on top, that sounds terrible. Glad they're at least trying to make it work but it still needed more time in the oven.

Yeah, it's nowhere near polished. You can only make it "A tier" by doing the obsidian ring of the zodiac + command skeletons numlock trick.
edit: oops! guess that's changed. The leader boards show you don't need it now, just have 5k paragon and all ancients :D

Whirlwind barb it is, then!

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 1, 2021

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Man I haven't played a Wizard in 10+ seasons, it's looking like I'm going to with the change to Firebirds. But necromancer..........

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I played bone spear necro last season and it was good fun.

This time its firebirds all the way baybee!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This is barb season, time to sell some beatdowns.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

paid money to post posted:

just have 5k paragon and all ancients :D

To be fair, this applies to every class and build.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What time does the new season start tomorrow?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
5PM Pacific time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Are there any guides recommending specific levels to gamble certain things from kadala, by class?

Oh and ps any would be console folks lurking, it's on sale right now for 30 bucks, at least on switch.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
this is a good overview for that
https://maxroll.gg/resources/season-23-start-level-1-gambling-cubing

and you can filter Kadala by level if you're looking for specific items
https://www.d3planner.com/game/74291/kadala

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Swilo posted:

this is a good overview for that
https://maxroll.gg/resources/season-23-start-level-1-gambling-cubing

and you can filter Kadala by level if you're looking for specific items
https://www.d3planner.com/game/74291/kadala

That's exactly what I need. Thanks!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Shrecknet posted:

Having a Cheat Death passive available from level 20 for all classes is unbelievably huge for us Hardcore maniacs

Oh hell yeah hardcore for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Another Bill posted:

Oh hell yeah hardcore for life
Does anyone know CheesyNachos' goon name? He's been offline for 4 months and <GBS> is leaderless. I fear all of Sanctuary will suffer without a leader!

I would like to implore everyone to consider playing Hardcore next season. Even if (especially) you have a spotty connection, its the most fun you can have playing an arpg because there's a constant threat you could die, and pushing yourself actually means risk.

The reality is, except for a brief window from p100-p200, you risk nothing since it is trivial to get a plvl from someone and you should have multiple backup sets waiting in your stash by the time you're really pushing, but your lizard brain doesn't know that and it feels great.

Plus: its a stealth hard mode since you cant just completely sell out defense for damage

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 2, 2021