Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

See? Told you I'd post better :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m surprised Dr. Phil stuff doesn’t get more attention because it seems like he does lovely or unprofessional stuff a lot.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

This was very engaging and depressing, not surprised to see James Corden is involved though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's basically this forum, but I can post my sexy kamen rider art there and not be banned.

how sexy are we talking, and are we talking suited or untransformed

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DoctorWhat posted:

They said sexy, so obviously suited

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

bobjr posted:

I’m surprised Dr. Phil stuff doesn’t get more attention because it seems like he does lovely or unprofessional stuff a lot.

Like he said in the video, I think it's that Dr. Phil does a good job of coming off well in interviews. Most of the people who'd care aren't watching his show and at the end of the day it's daytime television.

It was kind of like the other day in some thread where someone pointed out that not only did Oprah participate heavily in Satanic panic stuff but she capped it off with a group of people straight up pushing anti-semitic blood libel conspiracies. She had a hand in tons of wild stuff like that and she just kind of got away unscathed and rich as hell.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It was kind of like the other day in some thread where someone pointed out that not only did Oprah participate heavily in Satanic panic stuff but she capped it off with a group of people straight up pushing anti-semitic blood libel conspiracies. She had a hand in tons of wild stuff like that and she just kind of got away unscathed and rich as hell.

My old roommate saw some youtube videos and ended up genuinely believing that Oprah was a tool of some kind of satanic faction attempting to legitimize spirituality and infect people's minds with demons from the astral plane that cause mental illness and cause them to stray from Christianity.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Like he said in the video, I think it's that Dr. Phil does a good job of coming off well in interviews. Most of the people who'd care aren't watching his show and at the end of the day it's daytime television.

Oprah is heavily implicated in adrenochrome harvesting

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DoctorWhat posted:

You know when the helmets break open in an intense fight? It's like that but then they kiss.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jamie Faith posted:

See? Told you I'd post better :)

Does Don Krieg ever actually look like this in the series proper?

Asking the important questions right now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gas

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

JordanKai posted:

Does Don Krieg ever actually look like this in the series proper?

Asking the important questions right now.

Uh I think in a flashback maybe? I remember wondering that too

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jamie Faith posted:

Let me put it like this, when you gently caress up, just say sorry and say, like, 90% of people will forgive you and the 10% who keep attacking you, you can ignore them.

VS

Doubling down and :qq: ing over cancel culture and instead, 90% of people will think you're a huge rear end in a top hat ( and they will be correct) and 10% of people will start donating to your Patreon in order to stick it to PC culture or whatever.
when the thing people are demanding I apologize over is something very minor and innocuous which does not really necessitate an apology, I think seeing takes like this would make me see red

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Katt posted:

They are but they aren't even remotely threatening to Luffy so far but they drag out the fights for several episodes and it gets kind of tedious.

It also repeatedly does that anime thing where common people/non hero characters rise up against the villain and get defeated so the overpowered hero can then come save the day.

I just got to the one where he defates Don Krieg and I almost feel sorry for Krieg because the show makes a big deal of all his murder machines but Luffy just face tanks all of it and then beats him up.

Famously hard working nose to the grindstone characters like who? Buggy the Clown? Axe Hand Morgan?

Show took all the wrong lessons about Dragon Ball Z and came out too early for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to show the potential of having everyone- powered or not- contributing to defeating the big villain. A lot of popular anime takes the Resident Evil format. Either you're an unstoppable super freak like Chris, Leon, Ada, Claire, Josh, Barry, etc or you're eaten within the first 25 minutes of the game.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

RareAcumen posted:

Famously hard working nose to the grindstone characters like who? Buggy the Clown? Axe Hand Morgan?

Show took all the wrong lessons about Dragon Ball Z and came out too early for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to show the potential of having everyone- powered or not- contributing to defeating the big villain. A lot of popular anime takes the Resident Evil format. Either you're an unstoppable super freak like Chris, Leon, Ada, Claire, Josh, Barry, etc or you're eaten within the first 25 minutes of the game.

Eh I don't like shows where all the heroes gang up on the villain. It feels weirdly anti-climatic to me. If anything, the heros should be the ones who are outnumbered imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

when the thing people are demanding I apologize over is something very minor and innocuous which does not really necessitate an apology, I think seeing takes like this would make me see red

for not liking a disney movie you are sentenced to death or whatever. Parasocial relationships let loose the most unhinged psycho behavior from maladjusted internet weirdos. Ftw, ftw.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Eh I don't like shows where all the heroes gang up on the villain. It feels weirdly anti-climatic to me. If anything, the heros should be the ones who are outnumbered imo

Nah, it owns when everyone's throwing everything they've got to take down one super dangerous foe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qhs9480zrs

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

IronicDongz posted:

Sometimes a thing you see as minor and unimportant is very important to other people. Sometimes this is a result of miscommunication, sometimes it's a result of genuinely talking over the heads and voices of entire groups of people. In either case, it's okay to listen to people who aren't yourself instead of stubbornly insisting that no, it's the children who are wrong and that there's no way what you said could possibly be upsetting unless they're just dumb. Dismissing people who criticize your opinion as bad faith out of hand is a pretty lovely thing to do, especially if you're trying to present yourself as any kind of authority on a subject.

Katt posted:

I just got to the one where he defates Don Krieg and I almost feel sorry for Krieg because the show makes a big deal of all his murder machines but Luffy just face tanks all of it and then beats him up.

Gin is the true hero of one piece.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Nah, it owns when everyone's throwing everything they've got to take down one super dangerous foe.

Oars is peak one piece

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Nuebot posted:

Sometimes a thing you see as minor and unimportant is very important to other people.
sometimes they're fuckin wrong and you shouldn't capitulate

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

ArfJason posted:

for not liking a disney movie you are sentenced to death or whatever. Parasocial relationships let loose the most unhinged psycho behavior from maladjusted internet weirdos. Ftw, ftw.

Yes I believe Ellis should receive the death sentence for her bad take. Extremely good faith interpretation of my posts. :jerkbag:

RareAcumen posted:

Eh I just prefer one on one fights usually. it just feels more... I don't know personal I guess.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Oprah is the reason why people pretend Dr. Oz is smart

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

goldenninjawarrior posted:

My old roommate saw some youtube videos and ended up genuinely believing that Oprah was a tool of some kind of satanic faction attempting to legitimize spirituality and infect people's minds with demons from the astral plane that cause mental illness and cause them to stray from Christianity.

That's a whole wild strain of its own. In the communities that believe in real, no-fooling demons and possession there's often a belief that any non-Christian spirituality is opening the door to the devil. That's how you get whole rants about yoga corrupting souls. Oprah Eat, Pray and Loving her audience into Satan's arms

efb, but still true: Then again, unleashing Dr. Oz on the world was pretty evil. So it's a land of contrasts.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

lmao I noticed I just got a new avi lmao can't believe I made someone so butthurt they paid 10 dollars for that. :discourse:

I unironically like the text tho

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oars is peak one piece

I agree with you there!

Jamie Faith posted:

Eh I just prefer one on one fights usually. it just feels more... I don't know personal I guess.

Well if it's just personal preference, I can understand. I like seeing team efforts to save the day.

And I feel like that avatar change is uncalled for but I'm glad that it wasn't something much ruder at least.

I'm pretty checked out on the Lindsey Ellis debate on apologizing as a sign of weakness now gotta ask, is it me or are there way more big tiddy vtubers now all of a sudden? Was I just oblivious about them or have more shown up recently?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

Yes I believe Ellis should receive the death sentence for her bad take. Extremely good faith interpretation of my posts. :jerkbag:

more like jamie bad faith

also wasnt talking about you specifically even though by quoting hte guy quoting you it made it seem like it. Farewell.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

lmao I noticed I just got a new avi lmao can't believe I made someone so butthurt they paid 10 dollars for that. :discourse:

I unironically like the text tho

Hey, Whoever did that: You do realize without context you just look like someone who hated Lindsay for chud reasons right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

IronicDongz posted:

sometimes they're fuckin wrong and you shouldn't capitulate
bravely standing behind my criticism of a cartoon dragon movie

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Disregard twitter embrace tiddy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Junpei Hyde posted:

One day I will be Big Biceps Junpei

I'm sorry but the only Big Biceps on Something Awful is Tony Khan who we're 100% certain has lurked on Punchsport Pagoda at some point.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You know when the helmets break open in an intense fight? It's like that but then they kiss.

hell yea

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jamie Faith posted:

it kind of works in typical shounen because it emphasizes that the heroes' journey really mattered and left them rich in friends and allies

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sometimes I almost want to go and dig up BOOTY's MovieBob anal vore post for the big quote

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I genuinely cannot tell what side of this weird debate Jamie's avatar is supposed to be for or against.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That's a whole wild strain of its own. In the communities that believe in real, no-fooling demons and possession there's often a belief that any non-Christian spirituality is opening the door to the devil. That's how you get whole rants about yoga corrupting souls. Oprah Eat, Pray and Loving her audience into Satan's arms

efb, but still true: Then again, unleashing Dr. Oz on the world was pretty evil. So it's a land of contrasts.
Nah Eat, Pray, Love stuff is also a net negative, and promoting people who believe in a vast conspiracy of satan-worshippers that is just blood libel but with "jew" replaced with "satanist" is a direct contributor to Q poo poo.

Oprah is all bad.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

bobjr posted:

I can't wait until he gets covered on Behind the Bastards, either as a one shot on just him or a double episode covering grifters and pieces of poo poo that Oprah gave a platform to.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ghostlight posted:

bravely standing behind my criticism of a cartoon dragon movie
more like "not showing the wave of twitter randos that they can make me say whatever they want if they post angrily enough"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
like that exact thing goes the other way. the people who are mad about lindsey ellis' cartoon dragon opinion are also posting about a children's cartoon.
except instead of just "being a bit bullheaded" they're calling a stranger online racist because she thought the cartoon was similar to another cartoon. which is a lot more hosed up of a thing to do

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

you can stop now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jamie Faith posted:

I like big group fights for the final big villain - makes it feel like a culmination of everything and everyone in the series. But overall I prefer one on one fights because I am a simple brain and find it harder to track more than three characters bouncing about doing anime stuff.

This is why I like the action in S-Cry-Ed a whole lot, it's mostly one on one fights and involves a lot of punching. It's the perfect anime.