Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

2005 Honda Civic READ ADD BEFORE MASSAGING.
$500.00

Looking to sell. Need's brake lines have 50ft line to go with it, Need's coolant tube fixed just didn't seat right when installed, NO Catalytic Converter,new clutch December of 2019 with maybe 1000 kms on it. Will need to be towed and changed over into your name before it leaves my yard. Would make a great car just lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nebakenezzer posted:

1977 International Scout, V8 Standard trans, 4x4. Project !

$2,400.00

Good starting point on a resto project. These are getting harder to find these days. You will need to Trailer or tow it. It was running a few years back, But it will take a little more fiddling than a battery and fresh fuel I assume.

I'll send you some headlight buckets and a bottle of aspirin.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Florida is far from Subaru country, so here's the best of the worst I could find

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Nebakenezzer posted:

2005 Honda Civic READ ADD BEFORE MASSAGING.
$500.00

Craigslist Fool's Gold - SCREENSHOT YOUR ADDS - READ ADD BEFORE MASSAGING

Godzilla07 posted:

Florida is far from Subaru country, so here's the best of the worst I could find

Thanks I hate this.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Godzilla07 posted:

Esp that first one. GG gently caress stancers ruining good cars

That last one..... new engine, clutch AND rear diff at the same time.....? I have so many questions

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Looks like Christmas came early this year judging by the color scheme. Northeast Subaru prices are completely wacked out.

“Pretty fast but needs a clutch and has rod knock”.

Also the “little body work”is head-sized rust holes in front of the rear wheels.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nebakenezzer posted:

2000 Suzuki Custom Side by Side
$10,500.00

This is a custom-built 4x4 built in Parksville, BC. 4 cyl, 5 speed, T-tops, AC, 5000 lb winch. The ultimate side by side that is licensed and inspected for the road. Asking $10.500 OBO. Please call Wayne at

A lifted Suzuki XC90 is the "ultimate side-by-side"?
I mean, I like it, but, it's an actual existing vehicle. Just seems like a weird way to word it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ran when parked, also the hood hinge mounts have completely rusted off.

I paid less than that for mine in better shape and looking at nice examples I'm a little tempted but on the other hand, I'd miss it. Maybe in a few years.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

I liked the dude that bought my Alfa Romeo MiTo so much that I gave him an additional $200 or something off the price that he haggled down.

Hopefully this isn't derailing too much but this exact thing is how I went from declining a car for $3k to getting it for $250, we had been discussing how much I loved the model of the car, the sentimental value of cars and the emotional labor that goes into keeping an old car alive rather than discarding it. When it turned out to have some fairly serious problems I declined and she didn't want to deal with selling something with serious issues so she got a couple offers from dealerships for $500, I said "I'll match that and gamble on being able to save it" and she ended up selling it to me for $250.

That probably works a lot better on old and/or weird stuff where the only people that have it are people that share the same emotional investment in it and want to see it used rather than sitting in a dealer's overflow lot for eternity, but it turns out that treating people like people rather than vending machines or stacks of money can get you places in life sometimes.

E: on topic

I want it but I don't $10k want it.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 27, 2021

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I want it but I don't $10k want it.

Agreed, especially when things like "kilometers" and "are the suspension mods good" are open questions.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My buddy, the guy that had the vett cart is thinking about selling his pickup to get rid of payments and getting a Subaru and I found this for him. Seems like a good deal and I'll rebuild the subframe for him with paint and TIC or Whiteline bushings

This isn't for the worst Subie ad contest, hah

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I’d really like that turbo Baja. After owning our Outback’s couple years, they’ve grown on me, and I think I can get over the big bit on the Baja. That’s literally the only thing I don’t like, that extended rear throwing off the proportions. And I want my next Subie to be a turbo, even if it’s not manual. Or the H6. The 3.0 in our OB is pretty nice. Would be better if the transmission was a bit more aggressive. I understand the next gen after mine (05+) had better transmissions, not to mention a better variant of the H6.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

This is the best worst I've found so far. $10k for a 16 year old car that needs a transmission because it's making an alleged 410HP on E85, and barely any upgrades on anything except the engine.

quote:

Selling my 05 wrx to buy another project. Has a built ej205 making 410whp tuned on speed density and E85 by boost creep. build: 20 over bore, manly pistons, manley rods, gs2 cams, beehive valve springs, upgraded timing belt kit, 58mm fp blue turbo,Arp head studs Invida up pipe and down pipe both catless, hks high flow cat back,iag tgv delete,1000cc injectors by fuel injector clinic, 450 walbro fuel pump.iag fuel rails, Aem fuel pressure regulator, cx racing fmic, tial bov, cobb boost controller, cobb access port,aem cold air intake, aem wideband kit, nameless boost gage, act stage 6 clutch and light weight flywheel, megan racing strut stabiliser, lower springs, 17" kong illusions. Motor has 17k miles on it I have nearly 17k invested into upgrades. Also have many spare parts including up pipe and mid pipe cats, spare fuel rails from fuel injector clinic. OEM cams and valve springs, and more. It does need a transmission, it no longer has reverse, Will drive on to a trailer.Asking 10k obo

For a transmission that's going to last using that kind of power you're looking at a 6 speed, which means at least 2-3 grand for the transmission, plus you need a new driveline because the six speed is longer, so that's another couple hundred, then shop fees if you can't do it yourself. So you're looking at $14-16k all in probably, which will buy you an actual used late '00s WRX STI even in CO with its absurd prices. And that STI has variable valve timing so you can get more out of it if you find 300HP not to be enough, and is better able to put that power down.

Oh yeah, and the STI would actually pass emissions.

E: Wait, is that or a salvage title 2016 STI for $26k worse?

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 29, 2021

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Pretty unusual sort of rig to see in the US. Price isn't half bad either.

https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/cto/d/mcminnville-85-ford-econoline-350/7298502611.html

Speaking of unusual to see in the US...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-1981-lada-vaz-2101/7298917064.html

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

super nailgun posted:

Speaking of unusual to see in the US...

I came down from Seattle to check this one out and decided it was more of a project than I was looking for, but got-drat, one of you needs to buy it!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/2001-bmw-525it-touring-wagon-rare-5spd/7296640414.html

Here's the problems that I saw:

valve cover leaks

the Vanos cover was sealed with black silicon, and too much of it - some rubber gunk squirting out around the outside

rear feels bouncy on the highway - bushings may need replaced

failing vapor barrier on driver door and one of the rear passenger doors - a bit of water on the door sill after pouring water over the window, but not a ton of water, so probably not imminent risk of water ingress

rear window squirter inop

top brake light array out

the rubber surrounds missing door sill plates - where the rubber should be is only plastic teeth

moonroof inner semi-jammed from falling headliner

radio LCD display is all jacked up

driver door weather seal torn but looks serviceable

manual passenger seat stuck - doesn’t slide front/back

glovebox travel-stops..don’t

couldn’t test keyless entry - neither of the remote keys worked, but they could just need charging. I didn’t know about these keys having capacitors for power, so we broke one open in an attempt to replace the battery (oops)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

televiper posted:

I came down from Seattle to check this one out and decided it was more of a project than I was looking for, but got-drat, one of you needs to buy it!

Here's the problems that I saw:

valve cover leaks

the Vanos cover was sealed with black silicon, and too much of it - some rubber gunk squirting out around the outside

rear feels bouncy on the highway - bushings may need replaced

failing vapor barrier on driver door and one of the rear passenger doors - a bit of water on the door sill after pouring water over the window, but not a ton of water, so probably not imminent risk of water ingress

rear window squirter inop

top brake light array out

the rubber surrounds missing door sill plates - where the rubber should be is only plastic teeth

moonroof inner semi-jammed from falling headliner

radio LCD display is all jacked up

driver door weather seal torn but looks serviceable

manual passenger seat stuck - doesn’t slide front/back

glovebox travel-stops..don’t

couldn’t test keyless entry - neither of the remote keys worked, but they could just need charging. I didn’t know about these keys having capacitors for power, so we broke one open in an attempt to replace the battery (oops)
Now why is all that worth $9,000?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Yeah. I mean, I love those cars, and I'd love to own one, but if I were going to buy that, I'd expect the price to be half that.

Not accounting, of course, for COVID pricing shenanigans.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
e39 wagons weren’t brought to the US as 5-speed manuals. This was imported from South Africa when it was new and is the only manual e39 wagon for sale in the US right now. Also, they’ll take $7500 for it, so there’s that.

Most of the things that are wrong with it are standard BMW stuff that a person with a workspace could fix on their own, but I currently don’t really have a workspace.

Meant to post the Carfax in my original post - https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...YVclpBTmkYeIQ3o

televiper fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 30, 2021

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I should start exporting manual wagons to the US. There are a ton of them here in Sweden.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

televiper posted:

e39 wagons weren’t brought to the US as 5-speed manuals. This was imported from South Africa when it was new and is the only manual e39 wagon for sale in the US right now. Also, they’ll take $7500 for it, so there’s that.

Most of the things that are wrong with it are standard BMW stuff that a person with a workspace could fix on their own, but I currently don’t really have a workspace.

Meant to post the Carfax in my original post - https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...YVclpBTmkYeIQ3o

Maybe 'E39' means something else to other people but I'm positive I've seen 5 speed wagons here in the USA, multiple times. In fact here are two, for sale, in the US, right now:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-2000-bmw-528i-wagon/7286807851.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/santa-monica-2000-bmw-528i/7299079067.html

BMWs aren't my zone of expertise but a 2001 vehicle from another country wouldn't be allowed to be imported because it would run afoul of the 25 year rule, of which I am familiar with. If you have otherwise identical vehicles but one is a manual transmission that isn't sold in the USA guess what: It isn't legal because the clutch pedal and engine configuration changes on impact from an automatic one and it isn't valid, you can't use safety data from an automatic and apply it to a manual. However, if it is a copy of a vehicle that IS sold here in the USA then it can be exported just fine. This is how Canada works and I presume South Africa as well.

EDIT

https://bringatrailer.com/2017/03/08/class-act-4500-2000-bmw-528i-touring-5-speed/
https://bringatrailer.com/2016/11/01/rare-5-speed-touring-2001-bmw-525i/

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 30, 2021

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yup they are uncommon but absolutely were sold here with manual transmission. the 540i wagons were only sold with automatic here in the us.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
I guess I got a little over-excited. It’s been a few years since I was well-read on BMW stuff, so I must’ve been over-applying the 540i Touring data. Confirmation-biased by national searches on CarGurus and Autotrader coming up dry.

Anyway, an apparently-way-overpriced project 5’er wagon in Portland, for anyone interested.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Hoovie's Garage gets a rather stunning '90s Dodge Museum piece. A Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
There are some things going on in this ad.

https://erie.craigslist.org/ctd/d/westfield-2013-comaro-ss-convertiable/7299860301.html

Just take all the nuts and bolts you need then sell for profit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The drivetrain was stolen.

Uh, huh.

I also like how every example of price in the ad is for a *much* better model. A couple ZL1s and an SS2 are definitely good benchmarks for your bog standard automatic Camaro.

This car is totally worth $25K if you put $25K worth of parts and labor into it!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
What's happening here really tho, insurance fraud?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

And it's April 1 so.......

Godzilla07 and Suburban Dad, please let me know what you want for new titles / gag tags etc!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

monsterzero posted:

Sometimes I think an OBS would be cool...

However In all honestly that one is not as bad but stands out far more so......

Lemme think a bit.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And it's April 1 so.......

Godzilla07 and Suburban Dad, please let me know what you want for new titles / gag tags etc!

Awesome, thanks! :classiclol:

Is there a place to see what all is available for the tags? I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 1, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

Awesome, thanks! :classiclol:

Is there a place to see what all is available for the tags? I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this stuff.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2188

AI's tag are (Dont feel limted to them!)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

He can always join the FISH CREW.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm happy with my tag and it hasn't been proven wrong yet. :colbert:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cool, PM'd. :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I remember those trucks and how fast they were, that one is sweet

*searches CL for Dakota R/T*

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I remember those trucks and how fast they were, that one is sweet

*searches CL for Dakota R/T*

Is it more impressive to see a well built car 25 years later in showroom condition, or one with poor build quality in that condition?

I do get why the previous owner Hoovie bought it from was like "what the hell, it is *impossibly nice*, I can't use this"

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Watching cars leave a cruise night around the time the 5.9 R/T was new I saw a mint early 70s Camaro that sounded like it had some serious gunpowder under the hood get decimated by the R/T that pulled out right behind it

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
There was a guy with a Dakota R/T in my hometown that made a lot of guys mad. That truck was hilarious.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Not sure if gold? Pricey obviously but I haven’t seen an NA this clean in years

https://www.greenwaymazda.com/inventory/used-1993-mazda-mazda-mx-5-miata-base-rwd-2d-convertible-jm1na3517p1419506/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1261028484353290/