Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MikeCrotch posted:

I keep going back to that WDTATW episode about how the Brexiters won everything they ever wanted and it's just made them even more miserable cunts

And the English wept, for there were no more Europes to Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

I keep going back to that WDTATW episode about how the Brexiters won everything they ever wanted and it's just made them even more miserable cunts

which episode was that

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

literally justified it by saying that the risks of covid were so great they had to start cracking heads

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

which episode was that

https://twitter.com/WDTATW_Podcast/status/1235251578636029954?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Tulip posted:

And the English wept, for there were no more Europes to Brexit.

Don't worry there's still at least one union of countries for them to break up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol of course boris has super gonorrhoea

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1376859245610729477?s=20

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

plink plink fizz fizz oh what a surprise it is

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1376614879080153088?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1376900869099257856?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol the police investigated themselves and found themselves to have done nothing wrong

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The mind boggles. What does Starmer think his job is, exactly?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
DPP, OP

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

man thats the exact same psycho line he said about black people and the police during the BLM protests

i dont think labour would be worse than the tories atm but i do think kier is ideologically worse than many tory mps

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I know he's never had an opinion about anything in his life but which focus groups have told him that this is the line to go with

I feel like most of the red wall older northern types he's supposed to be winning back also loving hate the police. How hard is it to say 'this can't be allowed to happen again' rather than 'more respectful truncheonings'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shirts and skins posted:

to get Tories elected

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if there's one thing that starmer actually doea believe it is that the security state is sacrosanct and must be shielded from criticism and scrutiny

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's not really to support the tories that's just a happy byproduct.

He's there to support and relegitimise the security state as the country staggers from crisis to crisis

E and altho I consider myself conspiracist zero for the starmer is a spook theory I think it's entirely possible and more funny if he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it's still genuinely incredible to me that the UK spent the last decade greedily punching itself in the crown jewels.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's sorta like how Blair went insane because the alternative is to admit he has done an amount of evil that would require a lifetime of penance.

Starmer went beyond the point of no return a while ago in his career so the security state has to be morally just

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

to get Tories elected

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

V. Illych L. posted:

if there's one thing that starmer actually doea believe it is that the security state is sacrosanct and must be shielded from criticism and scrutiny

Not an emptyquote

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also, was listening to Trashfuture last night and they were talking about the Democrats can be embarrassing but they don't *despise* their own voters like the Labour right do

Like Ash Sarkar had a great point once that Keith & co act genuinely embarrassed about that fact that the core of their vote is young people and ethnic minorities who live in cities an have progressive views. All they want to is to desperately seek the approval of puce faced small business owners in the Birmingham suburbs like they're the nerdy kids at school who pretends to not know the other nerds so he can suck up to the bullies, while not getting that the bullies loving hate him either way.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the democrats absolutely despise their own voters too, they're just a little better at hiding it most of the time

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The AstraZeneca vaccine is the worst of all of them, isn't it?

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Quoting myself but:

Because I had this link cued up I listened to this episode while I went for a run and, my my, it's weird listening to current affairs from exactly a year ago. Just passed 50 confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK with 12 people who have had the virus but recovered, and the guys accurately nailing the government's response (in the early stages as it has been throughout) as being plotted perfectly to both kill lots of people and destroy a large chunk of the economy.

They talk about Starmer (just pre the end of the leadership race) and while their expectations are low they agree that he's probably a malleable, weathervane entity who will just do whatever's popular and won't want to chuck away Labour's existing voter base by just making GBS threads on the left because what would be the point in chasing votes from the right when a popular and populist Tory government is in No.10 with a completely sycophantic press to prop it up?

Why indeed. You'd have to be a massive dummy who's poo poo at basic politics to do that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao just leak the manifesto on the basis the press can't help themselves reporting on it

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1376942055071617028?s=20

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The AstraZeneca vaccine is the worst of all of them, isn't it?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

lmao just leak the manifesto on the basis the press can't help themselves reporting on it

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1376942055071617028?s=20

Literally incapable of not reporting on us

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If you want a very clear example of how well this strategy works, look at trump's original campaign. A masterclass.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Why are people surprised Starmer is a cop lover.
Starmer was the one who upheld the decision not to prosecute the officers who had killed Jean-Charles de Menezes.
Cops killed an innocent man in broad day light, during rush hour, and oopsie no one at fault here!
So in a riot situation, cops would have to be loving and cannibalizing the rioters before Starmer thinks its a bit rum.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

it's hilarious that even the ostensibly left-wing press in britaine drop the mask anytime you critique the ruling class which they firmly believe themselves to be a part of

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Daily Starmer

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

spankmeister posted:

The Daily Starmer
:nsavince:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

happyhippy posted:

Why are people surprised Starmer is a cop lover.
Starmer was the one who upheld the decision not to prosecute the officers who had killed Jean-Charles de Menezes.
Cops killed an innocent man in broad day light, during rush hour, and oopsie no one at fault here!
So in a riot situation, cops would have to be loving and cannibalizing the rioters before Starmer thinks its a bit rum.

cop rape is ok, it's only the cannibalism he'd have an issue with

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

funny how every single political party which isn’t the tories is antisemitic

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

to destroy the Labour Party, and if not, make it the Slightly More Socially Liberal Tories

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

spankmeister posted:

The Daily Starmer

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Valko posted:

It's a very difficult thing to explain but yes, it is possible to tell a protestant from a catholic in northern ireland. It's getting a lot harder these days now that both communities are mixing.

Think about it like this, if you put a white french, german and english person in the same room you could almost make an educated guess about who is who just from subtle little differences even though they technically all are western europeans.

Naw I mean like racial differences, phenotypical traits.
People will claim that one and not just little tiny differences in customs/clothing etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

from the outside looking in, and this is assuming Starmer is not literally a paid agent of the security services, is that Starmer thinks his job is to be the top manager of the labor party. Again, he thinks of his job as managing the labor party, not electoral success, reform, or even becoming PM.

He is a well credentialed modern aristocrat with the right friends and the right frame of mind. The system and the government are not his enemies, he wouldn't even see anything in need of reform, because he himself is a product of that same system and as a career high level manager in the government. A symptom of western hierarchical administrations, and he has fully imbibed these judging by his career, is that while the high level people must project an image, responsibility is in the hands of the worker. It is not Keir's responsibility to win; it is his responsibility to manage. The doing is accomplished or not accomplished by other people.