Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

fridge corn posted:

Who the hell is sonny? I really don't remember anything about mgs4
Sunny is Olga Gurlukovich's daughter, which Otacon and his heterosexual life partner Solid Snake raised after Olga died during the events of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is it just me or is Otacon heading to the bone zone? :quagmire:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cardiovorax posted:

Sunny is Olga Gurlukovich's daughter, which Otacon and his heterosexual life partner Solid Snake raised after Olga died during the events of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Hmm seems I don't really remember anything about mgs2 either

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Last day to buy Marios before they return to the Nintendo Vault.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1377239991118487555?s=21

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

fridge corn posted:

Hmm seems I don't really remember anything about mgs2 either
That's fine, no one else does, either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Otacon bone zone is confirmed! But I think Naomi is EVIL and SKETCH and NOT to be trusted :mad:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

warch has been re-stickied, it was not your time to go yet, warch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit who brought Johnny back, that guy is the absolute worst

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
monthly thread confession: after i delete the expired thread from my control panel i forget to pin the new one for like two weeks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I never delete expired threads from my bookmarks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

goblin week posted:

monthly thread confession: after i delete the expired thread from my control panel i forget to pin the new one for like two weeks

I have every one I've posted in still bookmarked, they eventually just fall to the end anyway.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Who the hell is sonny? I really don't remember anything about mgs4

or rising!

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the Vita was a pleasure to repair, everything is modular and sony even anodized the screws in different colors to make it easy to remember where they go :3:

That is awesome. More manufacturers need to think like this!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Harrow posted:

warch has been re-stickied, it was not your time to go yet, warch

This is anti-antipodeanism

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Will monster hunter rise RISE to the top of the GotYs?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Help someone got some Assassin's Creed in my Metal Gear Solid

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

quote:

i... think i beat rise?? legitimately unsure, as to my monster hunting status. I kinda got the impression the game was not entirely finished, and its a bigger victim of covid than they had let on, but if that's how the game actually ends until the april patch that's a little hosed lmao.

Can someone confirm this, I really hope I'm not considering spending $60 on another unfinished game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Godammit who brought Johnny back, that guy is the absolute worst

You dont deserve to keep playing MGS4 if this is how you really feel. :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

I was in the middle of a stealth mission and he yelled "SNAKE! HEY SNAKE IT'S ME! HEY SNAKE!" in a crowded room :nallears:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The whole thing with the Colonel and Rose and Raiden is incredibly off-putting until they explain what is going on and even then that's quite a daytime soap opera subplot to make a big deal about in your game Kojiman

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rarity posted:

I was in the middle of a stealth mission and he yelled "SNAKE! HEY SNAKE IT'S ME! HEY SNAKE!" in a crowded room :nallears:

Has Johnny ever got to tell Snake his name?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The United States posted:

The whole thing with the Colonel and Rose and Raiden is incredibly off-putting until they explain what is going on and even then that's quite a daytime soap opera subplot to make a big deal about in your game Kojiman
Weird and ridiculous subplots is like Kojima's entire thing, though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did Mario die yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is now forever the age of Luigi.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

It is now forever the age of Luigi.

Very rude to say this while it's still Warch

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Apraluigi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Can someone confirm this, I really hope I'm not considering spending $60 on another unfinished game.
the language on their blog post is pretty telling, although I got it wrong, it's not the april update but the one after that, that adds the "additional ending"

quote:

Our first title update (Ver. 2.0) is scheduled to arrive in late April, and will feature the return of Chameleos, the debut of Apex Rathalos, and some additional monsters as well. In addition, we’ll be unlocking the “Hunter Rank” cap, along with a few other related features.

The second title update (Ver. 3.0) is coming at a later date, and will feature additional monsters as well as an additional ending to the Monster Hunter Rise story arc.

like, ultimately the story is not the reason to play monster hunter, especially not rise where the story is incredibly slight anyway. and there is a pretty conclusive boss fight that would have been a great ending, and beelining there and doing nothing else is a good 25-30 hours alone. there's some other stuff around the edges that feels a little off but it's a complete game in all the ways that matter and totally at the same scale as most non g-rank monster hunters

it is very funny that everyone is going to be running around capped at hr7 for a month, though

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

do the nosurge games live up to the heights of ar tonelico 2

Never played ar tonelico 2 but nosurge plus was my favorite VN on the vita.

This information is probably 100% useless but they just put both games on steam, region-locked to japan and not in english. Waiting and hoping for an english release someday of ciel nosurge.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Y'all are going to take my gamer card away when I rank a sports game as my GotY

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Y'all are going to take my gamer card away when I rank a sports game as my GotY

Not if it's this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Not if it's this one

Back in the day, grocery stores use to have a section for renting video games, and movies. I remember seeing this game. I haven't thought about it since.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Need some advice here.

I've got a PSP running 6.61 CFW, a steel case, home and mobile chargers, and about a dozen UMDs - some movies and others are racing games and shooters along with MonHun.

What's a good asking price? I was thinking $120 OBO. Is that selling myself short? Too high?

Not going to do anything until I have my Vita set up, so I have time to decide on a price.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Back in the day, grocery stores use to have a section for renting video games, and movies. I remember seeing this game. I haven't thought about it since.

I rented it several times from the local video rental store back when I was a kid because I loved Mega Man and I don't know why but it sticks in my memory to this day. It was very goofy but I remember having a lot of fun messing around with it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

johnny does suck though

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Walla posted:

Need some advice here.

I've got a PSP running 6.61 CFW, a steel case, home and mobile chargers, and about a dozen UMDs - some movies and others are racing games and shooters along with MonHun.

What's a good asking price? I was thinking $120 OBO. Is that selling myself short? Too high?

Not going to do anything until I have my Vita set up, so I have time to decide on a price.
70-80 dollars tops, going by what I could find just casually glancing through Ebay listings. I could get a PSP with a full complement of 3 to 10 games for anything from 40 to 70 Euros right now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

yeah but is the PSP hacked and ready to go

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Even as a child I was not fooled into renting this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

johnny does suck though

I dont want to say I am not upset by this, but that would be a lie.