Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

How do the political alignments influence the game? I'm assuming you have to internalize the right thought cabinet thoughts?

I'm assuming going full communist is one of the better options but I wonder what happens if you choose ultra liberal or moralist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It owns. Your character is a human who might subscribe to beliefs, but he doesn't embody those beliefs.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

How do the political alignments influence the game? I'm assuming you have to internalize the right thought cabinet thoughts?

I'm assuming going full communist is one of the better options but I wonder what happens if you choose ultra liberal or moralist?

thinking of any of them as "better" is, I fear, kind of missing a key point. I mean, yeah, fully automated luxury gay space communism now, etc, but in terms of the game...

in mechanical terms they give stat bonuses/maluses and enable related dialogue options when appropriate

also you can totally get two, three, or all four of them in a single playthrough, and the game will comment on your incongruity

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. might be a glitch. the hung body and a few other things are just text. no voice.

nah I thought like, volition would have a different voice than half light. Or at least one voice per category

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kraftwerk posted:

Oh yeah, the communist thought is great

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
more than anything in this game i'm looking forward to finally hearing the narrator read out the internalised centrism thought

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

Joyce, Kim, Annette, Plaisance, and Cindy are definitely all the same as the originals. Garte, Lena, Klaasje, Siileng, Cuno, Vicquemare and maybe Cunoesse and Minot are recasts. I haven't spoken to others yet.

I'm glad kim's voice actor stayed because he was very good

i could take or leave basically all other voice-acting in the game but it would have bothered me the entire time if he'd been different

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

more than anything in this game i'm looking forward to finally hearing the narrator read out the internalised centrism thought

As great a job as Lenval Brown is doing, he still might not top the GLaDOS text-to-speech AI someone in the previous thread fed that piece to. God drat that was hauntingly fitting.

https://vocaroo.com/1cozRXy6v3Mb

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god, the conversation you have with the rest of the precinct when you report your badge missing had me straight up crying with laughter this time around, giving everyone in that scene withering French accents was a masterstroke in voice direction.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Can't remember which line of dialogue I need to take with Titus to shoot myself to make a point

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kraftwerk posted:

What exactly happens if you cheat and give yourself 6666?

I did a playthrough this way and you pass pretty much every check like you'd think, but you're essentially spacing out for minutes at a time between every dialog choice because all your skills are yelling constantly in your head. You're the most competent version of the detective (especially when throwing a shotput) but in a way also by far the most insane.

Might be worth doing once as a gimmick once you're familiar with the game but it's not really the core experience.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Can't remember which line of dialogue I need to take with Titus to shoot myself to make a point

fail the authority check, the rest should be fairly obvious

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Maybe in this version I can get her back

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
in my run i'm kinda meta-gaming by avoiding thinking about Dolores (and her) at all.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Today I got to call a man racist and tell him to gently caress off, 10/10

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
is there a way to pay my hotel room without asking lena, rich boat lady or kim?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

There's at least one other person you could ask who comes to mind. If you scrounge quite a bit you could probably not ask any of them provided you bamboozled garte sufficiently

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Zeta Acosta posted:

iirc you can negotiate down to pretty low amount, and take some money from Evart? but its been a while

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah Evrart will hand you a comically oversized check which you can cash in IIRC but I don't remember how to argue the price down with Garte, is there a skill requirement for it?

e: I think I missed it this time because I passed the check to run away from him.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

uber_stoat posted:

in my run i'm kinda meta-gaming by avoiding thinking about Dolores (and her) at all.

This is how you get the good dreams ending, so keep going!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah Evrart will hand you a comically oversized check which you can cash in IIRC but I don't remember how to argue the price down with Garte, is there a skill requirement for it?

e: I think I missed it this time because I passed the check to run away from him.

You can also threaten to arrest him if you have a high authority

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah, you have to either fail the running away check or don't attempt it at all and then pass an authority check. Depending on how you play it the adjusted amount you owe ends up between like 30 and 100 real.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Man I am falling in love with this game all over again. What impressed me, on top of everything else, is how well crafted the world seems. You really feel like there's a whole *situation* going on outside of martinaise, and I can't wait for a sequel where they explore somewhere else.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
where's the god drat book?!?!?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

I want to do this but also

christmas boots posted:

Maybe in this version I can get her back

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A low Half Light, strangely enough, makes you both less aggressive and less afraid. In a way braver.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Makes sense, Half-Light is basically your Fight or Flight so it's always gonna go to the extremes like that.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

The new VA is so good. I was cautiously optimistic about the final cut but drat, it's a different and better experience. I've only played an hour but I can't wait to dive in more this weekend!

Is it...hard to get the Hobocops gangtag? Do I have to do something special?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Claes Oldenburger posted:

The new VA is so good. I was cautiously optimistic about the final cut but drat, it's a different and better experience. I've only played an hour but I can't wait to dive in more this weekend!

Is it...hard to get the Hobocops gangtag? Do I have to do something special?

They were given out by a mod back when the game was originally released. I don't know if that will happen again but you can manually add it to your avatar if you don't mind paying.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm starting up an apocalypse/superstar (I don't remember how well it handles hybrid copotypes, I was a capital-S Sorry Cop my first time), honorable communist with 4/4/2/2, but Shivers tagged because I had to. So the archetypical adventure game protagonist.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This game is good!!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Yadoppsi posted:

This guy? https://youtu.be/9PtZp69zqFA

Also is this your comment: "Terrible mismatch between Streamer and Game. Its like I'm listening to a play-through by the Sunday Friend. If you are interested in this game's themes I urge you to find another stream."
Gave it a thumbs up regardless.

Edit) how does youtube decide which comments are shown at the top of the field?

Nah I watched the Twitch vod but that comment is spot on.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

This game is good!!

Thread title is not a lie my friend

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Does that electricity effect on the thought cabinet when youre internalizing mean anything?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
It's just cosmetic.

Quantum Shart posted:

Nah I watched the Twitch vod but that comment is spot on.

I was skipping through his videos yesterday to check the voice acting in bits I hadn't yet reached. I saw him talking to Joyce and triggering the communism thought because he'd been picking Funny options - he scoffed at the thought and dismissed it immediately without even exploring the dialogue then said he was "basically a centralist" in real life. I mean I guess he's worth millions so it's not a surprise lol.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

With a high enough Motorics you can imagine what it feels like to hold your gun and bluff your way through that part of the radio call this game is loving amazing.

E: the line read for SPEED FREAKS FM loving killed me.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 1, 2021

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Wireframe Magazine has an interview with the DE devs about building the world of Revachol - https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues

quote:

“The architecture in Martinaise mirrors its turbulent history, and we wanted to use our references to bring it out,” says Hindpere. For urban planning, we looked into Caribbean colonial architecture, particularly in Cuba and Haiti. Paris was an inspiration for the pre-revolutionary revival project of Martinaise – the plazas and townhouses that have now fallen into disarray.”

Then, she adds, “there’s the utter libertarian chaos of 1990s Eastern Europe thrown into the mix”, with its disregard for urban planning. “It’s these unorganised shanty town aesthetics that define Martinaise – a chaotic mix that looks hideous in real life, but great in isometric 3D. A place where the ruins of a commercial complex become modern dungeons, and an old wooden church becomes an entire questline… it’s a mix of two 70s: the 1870s and the 1970s.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

where's the god drat book?!?!?

WHERE THE gently caress IS IT, KURVITZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

So do I wanna internalize advanced race theory or not? It's not necessarily the type of thing I'm into, normally, but seems like it is a beans to an ends.