Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make sure you check the box that says "Format with a clue" in the right click format menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

the fat has a network adapter but theres an official l adapter you get that lets you use sata hard drives instead of ide but you lose the network port. apparently there's a 3rd party one that lets you have the port but i have no idea where to find it lol

i can boot off my pc for now but i don't want my ps2 tied to my laptop to game and dedicate all my space on there to roms lol i guess it looks like 17 days straight of file transferring is the best option so far unless i can find that adapter lmfao

I just found out about this thing which would solve your issue

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33061035791.html

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
PS4/PS4 Pro has just been hacked on firmware 7.02.

It should be very easy to find a PS4 or PS4 Pro on this firmware; there is no longer any need to pay double the price for one on 5.05 on eBay any more.

I would get one now since I just read an article yesterday that Sony is discontinuing the PS4 Pro really soon.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

PS4/PS4 Pro has just been hacked on firmware 7.02.

It should be very easy to find a PS4 or PS4 Pro on this firmware; there is no longer any need to pay double the price for one on 5.05 on eBay any more.

I would get one now since I just read an article yesterday that Sony is discontinuing the PS4 Pro really soon.

Holy gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PS4 pro with 60fps Bloodborne for Christmas?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

now waiting for my ps2 and free mcboot card to arrive.... I basically only experienced that era friends houses so i have a lot of classic gaming to catch up on
It's probably the best library of games of any console. The only competitors I can think of are the SNES and the DS if you include GBA games.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

reposting this because its the best thing that happens in the entire mgs series

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't wait to pirate all the games available on the ps4 now enchaned for the ps4pro

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's probably the best library of games of any console. The only competitors I can think of are the SNES and the DS if you include GBA games.

yeah the PS2 alone probably beats out most libraries and it supports PS1 games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The PS1 has just been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5UX5xd-lE

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 is the gift that keeps on giving

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Xbox Ambassador posted:

The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. "Giant enemy crab!". "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!!". "Nobody wants their controllers to rumble any more. It's an old technology and a thing of the past". "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars". "You will want to work a second job to get one!" they proclaim to a shocked and stunned audience.

"Feh" I say to Sony's stumble as I stroll into a suburban Circuit City to pay the extra $100 for 40 extra gigs, wi-fi, and 2 more USB ports over the 20GB poverty version. "You never know if you will be in a situation where you need to plug a CompactFlash card into your PS3" I mutter to myself while barely considering my options.

"That will be $649.48" the clerk says. "Would you like to buy an extended warranty for a paltry $199.98?" he inquires as his manager stares him down, performance review in hand. "Heh." I respond. "There's no way that what I'm going to do with this thing wouldn't make that warranty invalid" I retort with a bemused chuckle. He feverishly checks the employee handbook for the script response to that scenario. There aren't any.

I park my Chevy Lumina and lug the brand new PS3 into my dimly-lit domicile (it is a Monday afternoon and no one is home). As tempting as the thought is, I know that opening the prodigious box isn't even an option. I secure it in a closet where even the most seasoned of vagrants or nosy children would never be able to find it. There it sits for several years on its stock firmware. Me, waiting for the day when MaxConsole.net informs me that a hack is available, but you would have had to have been shrewd enough to have not connected it to the internet or updated it at any time in the past 2 years. That day comes, and only those on firmware 3.55 or below can partake in the festivities. An exclusive club with very few members, indeed. I snicker as I get my USB stick ready with PS3UPDATE.PUP and a root beer in hand.

I enjoy my hacked PS3 greatly. I simper as I jump from Jumping Flash 3(j).iso to Final Fantasy X.cue to Final Fantasy XII.bin with just the press of a home button; the wireless controllers only adding to the fun. Three generations of consoles spanning 20 years literally at my fingertips. I sit there, wishing people heard my screams of "DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3!!!!" to no avail. I lay crestfallen during the late hours of the night that my warnings fell on deaf ears. They would never get to experience the joy of opening the MultiMan homebrew app, selecting GTA IV, and having my PS3 incorrectly assume that the DJ Hero disc in the drive was what it said it was.

But alas, the day has come. That day being Thanksgiving of 2017 (it's almost poetic in a way). The PS3's firmware can now be downgraded to the coveted 3.55 firmware no matter how recent your PS3 firmware is thanks to your devil may care attitude in regards to updating. You no longer need a degree in arthroscopic surgery to install the 47-pin progskeet downgrader to enjoy what I have been enjoying for several years. Everyone, no matter where they come from, what social class they belong to, and no matter what fugazi television color encoding system your country uses; everyone gets to enjoy a PS3 that can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made via the 2TB USB hard drive you will undoubtedly have dangling from one of the front-only USB ports.

I am so happy to be able to share this great news with you all.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...released.15500/

Enjoy. I know I have.

Edit: gently caress, beaten!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

think you can find my ultimate glitch. i left it on "that" system. -- satoru iwata's dying words.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there any reason not to hack my Vita and if I do should I use a throwaway PSN?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Len posted:

Is there any reason not to hack my Vita and if I do should I use a throwaway PSN?

you may lose access oto whatever online features the vita has, which are not being shut down anytime soon afaik

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a vita without Near and Wake-Up Club....

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I think you're only in danger of losing your PSN account if you try to play a game online that scans your hdd for directories associated with custom firmware and reports you to Sony.. I still don't sign in on my hacked ps3 tho

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frenz posted:

I think you're only in danger of losing your PSN account if you try to play a game online that scans your hdd for directories associated with custom firmware and reports you to Sony.. I still don't sign in on my hacked ps3 tho

it's not like i've got a lot to lose, i've only paid for three vita games and one of them came with the thing. i can just make a throwaway

i would have paid for more but i was too cheap to buy a bigger card and prices haven't dropped

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

I don't use PSN at all on mine.

sony is shutting down the Vita servers in like 3 months. if you are gonna mod it, I would do it now.

if you have the OLED vita with the 3g capability, I recommend getting a psvsd over the SD2VITA because the storage is internal (i put a 400gb card in mine) and it supposedly works better with sleep mode.

if your vita is the LCD version or OLED with wifi only, the SD2VITA is fine too. way better than paying $120 for a 64gb vita card

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I think it might be time for me to hack my ps3

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceAceJase posted:

I think it might be time for me to hack my ps3

Lmk if you need help

Especially with them pulling the psn store soon, I would highly recommend doing it before the summer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't use PSN at all on mine.

sony is shutting down the Vita servers in like 3 months. if you are gonna mod it, I would do it now.

if you have the OLED vita with the 3g capability, I recommend getting a psvsd over the SD2VITA because the storage is internal (i put a 400gb card in mine) and it supposedly works better with sleep mode.

if your vita is the LCD version or OLED with wifi only, the SD2VITA is fine too. way better than paying $120 for a 64gb vita card

why would the servers shutting down matter?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Lmk if you need help

Especially with them pulling the psn store soon, I would highly recommend doing it before the summer.

Thanks - also have the same question as above

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
No problem.

Just from a preservation standpoint. A lot of those games will be impossible to ever get again. A lot of them have already been de-listed due to rights issues, but still show up in things like PKGj and PSNStuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

No problem.

Just from a preservation standpoint. A lot of those games will be impossible to ever get again. A lot of them have already been de-listed due to rights issues, but still show up in things like PKGj and PSNStuff.

but if it's been hacked isn't that not really an issue? i don't really follow here

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

but if it's been hacked isn't that not really an issue? i don't really follow here

just mostly because Sony is going to be shutting down those servers that allow you to download psp, vita, and ps3 digital-only game releases, DLC, and stuff like that. Apparently by this summer.

I mean there might be a website that will host all that stuff in the future but I wouldn't count on it. as of right now you can still download delisted games like the Simpsons arcade game from PSNStuff (a windows program) so it already has its benefits even without anything being shut down yet

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just mostly because Sony is going to be shutting down those servers that allow you to download psp, vita, and ps3 digital-only game releases, DLC, and stuff like that. Apparently by this summer.

I mean there might be a website that will host all that stuff in the future but I wouldn't count on it. as of right now you can still download delisted games like the Simpsons arcade game from PSNStuff (a windows program) so it already has its benefits even without anything being shut down yet

im sure if i need a copy of any of those games you will provide it if i ask

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
:yeah:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a guide for hacking ps3 also does the hacks allow ps2 emulation on all models

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you really want to play ps2 games i bought one for $100 and installed a hard drive, see my previous posts for every single issue you may run into

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the current issue im running into is god of war is freezing at the start of pandoras temple, and everything i find seems to imply that this may be related to opl and currently has no fix :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a ps2 hacked I just wanted to hook the ps3 up to a different TV

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is there a guide for hacking ps3 also does the hacks allow ps2 emulation on all models

Yes and yes. Which model PS3 do you have and what firmware is it on?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the simpsons arcade game is a stinky poopoo and should be agressively removed from everything

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know I'll have to look I bought the mgs4 bundle and did that very first hack but haven't played it in a longggg time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the simpsons arcade game is a stinky poopoo and should be agressively removed from everything

the jp version is fun