Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

i also got that. it could also be getting the hardies to respect you? but i have no clue. .1% seems like a very low amount tho if it was just acing the showdown

Maybe it requires both? Either way, it's now my rarest achievement lol

Also I saw a reddit post where you can glitch the game to get 6666 and 12 in all skills

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/miyxxf/create_a_character_points_glitch/

I wonder, if the game doesn't break completely, what kind of fuckery you could get up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Is the Feld Building sending you to talk to Speedfreaks FM new to the Final Cut? Maybe it's a response to feedback about the Shivers check being a roadblock?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I think it'd just mean you rarely fail checks which sucks because some of my favourite parts of the game were faceplanting into an arcade cabinet and bursting into tears in front of Evartt claire

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Roobanguy posted:

i also got that. it could also be getting the hardies to respect you? but i have no clue. .1% seems like a very low amount tho if it was just acing the showdown

It's also one of the new achievements so if that is what pops it, the stat might be dragged down by counting people who played the pre-update version of the game.

E: Max Stat run means you pass most of the checks (for better or for worse) and time passes much quicker because all your skills are piping in constantly.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 3, 2021

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

christmas boots posted:

The furies can have little a truce

As a treat?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Sekenr posted:

No, I did not, in the context of this computer game it is not obviously apparent. It simply isn't

Hell yeah, new thread continues to deliver!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

drat all the chapo boys got purged. Were they just not available you think, or they charged too much?

Gotta be honest, the new Titus voice ain't doing it for me, and the new guy's "RIGHT TO WORK" isn't anywhere near as annoying and perfect as Felix

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Calico Heart posted:

drat all the chapo boys got purged. Were they just not available you think, or they charged too much?

Gotta be honest, the new Titus voice ain't doing it for me, and the new guy's "RIGHT TO WORK" isn't anywhere near as annoying and perfect as Felix

Didn't they do it for free?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

RubberLuffy posted:

Also I saw a reddit post where you can glitch the game to get 6666 and 12 in all skills

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/miyxxf/create_a_character_points_glitch/

I wonder, if the game doesn't break completely, what kind of fuckery you could get up to

It's not an amazing play through, the game gets less interesting if you are able to pass every skill check in my opinion. It's the things that only show up when your skills are in conflict that makes the system work.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

God, would you shut up for just one second Savoir Faire, I don't even know what "paying with net worth" means and since you're effectively at zero points right now I bet you don't either, just let me look for dodgy used sunglasses in goddamn peace already

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
While it's sad that each inner voice doesn't have it's own unique voice actor like I'd hoped, I've quickly grown to love the guy who they've used. It must have been a monumental task to act every line and you can hear different intonations, which is good enough for me.

I'm playing a Boring Cop with Logic as his key stat but I'm pumping points into Half Light. I want a cop who's externally stoic and collected but internally is even more of a raging mess than usual, and I adore the venom with which the voice actor delivers HL's lines. If every voice was unique I'd want him to be the one who took that role.

I have to say, not having Inland Empire chip in and having a lack of Empathy makes a huge change to how you see the world. The game is far, far less lighthearted (in as much as it can be) and so much more dour. The Necktie doesn't talk! That's crazy! It's like they removed a key character from my party!

Goddamn I love this game. A few stat alterations and suddenly your perspective shifts hard.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

I'm not really sold on Cuno's new VA. The game is telling me he's riding the lightning, but he doesn't sound convinced of the fact himself.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Nosfereefer posted:

I'm not really sold on Cuno's new VA. The game is telling me he's riding the lightning, but he doesn't sound convinced of the fact himself.

To my ear it sounds a lot like a posh Englishman putting on a working class accent.

Which is ironic given that that is exactly what old Cuno was, but I guess Dot Major just sounded more convincing.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Reveilled posted:

To my ear it sounds a lot like a posh Englishman putting on a working class accent.

Which is ironic given that that is exactly what old Cuno was, but I guess Dot Major just sounded more convincing.

It is just a lot less powerful, I guess. Fake-welsh(?) sounds better when its shouted high strung and aggressively. He sounds so less certain of himself, which kind of throws me off.

Calling the precinct is a lot better in this edition though. Also hearing Kim getting excited about your name for the case.

e: "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" is delivered more like a question than a statement now.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nosfereefer posted:

It is just a lot less powerful, I guess. Fake-welsh(?) sounds better when its shouted high strung and aggressively. He sounds so less certain of himself, which kind of throws me off.

Calling the precinct is a lot better in this edition though. Also hearing Kim getting excited about your name for the case.

e: "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" is delivered more like a question than a statement now.

I think he's supposed to be a bit scouse.

I just got done talking to Measure head on my rear end in a top hat playthrough and I had to mentally check myself there to make sure scouse wasnt a slur

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

I guess due to the nature of slurs being contextual and based on intent, Scouse could probably be one if you really wanted it to.

e: The game's use of "kipt" is a good example, where I figured out it being an offensive epitaph way before I even had the bearings to understand who it was derogatory to.

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 3, 2021

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I wonder if anything about Klaasje's story besides having had nothing to do with killing the guy is true at all. When she opens up about her whole industrial espionage thing, she's just a little too forthcoming I think, exactly like earlier when she was selling you a load of bullshit and she kept doing it with throwing the Lady Driver under the bus as well

e: Related spoiler
By the way, how and when can I arrest her? I let her go the first time round (I might do it this time as well), but after confronting her when Titus told me the truth (on day 3 now) Kim, and Volition, heavily implies I should arrest her, but quickly looking through the dialogue options I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 3, 2021

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Randarkman posted:

I wonder if anything about Klaasje's story besides having had nothing to do with killing the guy is true at all. When she opens up about her whole industrial espionage thing, she's just a little too forthcoming I think, exactly like earlier when she was selling you a load of bullshit and she kept doing it with throwing the Lady Driver under the bus as well

Personally I think it's pretty much the point of her character. It might all be true, it might all be lies. It could be an intricate web of truth and falseness to throw you off. She's a master manipulator, and everything she tells you could just be for you to reach a favourable verdict of her. Or she could genuinely be remorseful at this point, and actually want you to judge her honestly. She's a broken, contradictory person, just like Harry. Or maybe she's calculating her best bet for getting scot free. It shouldn't be an easy choice.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
Played through the first day (third playthrough, physique-focused). Impressions thus far:

New voices are all great for the most part. Maybe Cuno's a bit weaker than it was before, but it kinda sorta fits - feels like they've aimed for a slightly different direction, and while imo Old!Cuno was better, I can live with New!Cuno just fine.

I was super impressed by the scab leader voice acting actually - he's got this air of sort of monotonous, robotic menace to him that just wasn't really there before (supposedly on account of being voiced by a podcast dweeb lol). Like he now actually sounds like a guy who likes killing people, and does a fairly terrible job at hiding it. Can't wait to hear all the hosed-up war stories and the Tribunal shenanigans fully voice acted.

Half-Light is fast becoming by favourite skill now - I don't think I've ever had many points invested into it, and, again, the voice acting really sells it to me. It's just so loving unhinged, I love it lol. And Shivers too - I've managed to hear from La Revacholiere herself already, and it was lovely and kind of chilling and pretty cool in general

Oh yeah, Horrific Necktie is lovely as well lmao

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just beat it for the first time. going into the tribunal blind was amazing.

no matter how many times I try, going into the dream on the island to meet Delores Dei soft locks me when I meet her

Playing on ps4 was very rough. Game is crashing every couple hours, soft locking in conversations multiple times, then when you force quit the game my last saves aren't there. Before I play again I hope the patches come through.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nosfereefer posted:

Personally I think it's pretty much the point of her character. It might all be true, it might all be lies. It could be an intricate web of truth and falseness to throw you off. She's a master manipulator, and everything she tells you could just be for you to reach a favourable verdict of her. Or she could genuinely be remorseful at this point, and actually want you to judge her honestly. She's a broken, contradictory person, just like Harry. Or maybe she's calculating her best bet for getting scot free. It shouldn't be an easy choice.

If you have a high Shivers and you arrest her, it’s basically confirmed that if nothing else, her fear that being arrested means she’ll be murdered is justified

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

christmas boots posted:

If you have a high Shivers and you arrest her, it’s basically confirmed that if nothing else, her fear that being arrested means she’ll be murdered is justified

Let me ask you then, when is it you can arrest her? Because I've come to a point where it very much seems like I should make that call, implied from both Kim and Volition that I should, but can't seem to do it, this is after you learn from Titus and her what actually happened and move on to investigating where the shot came from

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, and justice will never be served no matter what you do. Hand her off to the moralintern and they will disappear her for whatever millions or billions of reals she's cost international capital, or let her run off and continue doing her "thing" to the desperate and poor. She might be a horrible person through choice or coercion, but that's not what she's wanted for.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Randarkman posted:

Let me ask you then, when is it you can arrest her? Because I've come to a point where it very much seems like I should make that call, implied from both Kim and Volition that I should, but can't seem to do it, this is after you learn from Titus and her what actually happened and move on to investigating where the shot came from

You need to pass two checks during her interrogation: First a Volition check[10 I think?] to look her in the eyes and make your skills say "I'm not compromised YOU ARE" and also make Volition call out Drama and then afterwards the second is a tougher Drama check[13] that makes Drama flip the gently caress out and overcorrect and says to arrest her because she is far too unreliable and scheming. Should be available after doing some back-and-forth bouncing questions between Titus and her.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

EorayMel posted:

You need to pass two checks during her interrogation: First a Volition check[10 I think?] to look her in the eyes and make your skills say "I'm not compromised YOU ARE" and also make Volition call out Drama and then afterwards the second is a tougher Drama check[13] that makes Drama flip the gently caress out and overcorrect and says to arrest her because she is far too unreliable and scheming. Should be available after doing some back-and-forth bouncing questions between Titus and her.

Oh, yeah, I got both of those. I passed the Volition check, but haven't attempted the Drama one yet, thanks! My Drama is terrible.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

Hes 100% scouse, both in the original and the final cut. As much as I will miss the blast of "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE?", I think the new guy is far, far, better, but I think its virtue of them hiring an actual actor, and because this actor had a lot more lines to work with.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Listening to Measure Head ranting is hypnotic in this edition. Ham sandwiches, potatoe obsessed lesser races, conserving sperm. I can see why the union would employ a racist behemoth.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Switch release is slated for Q3 right? Was hoping to dig into it soon but if it's down the line, I may do my artsy himbo who is totally deaf to everything going on outside his own skull 5/1/5/1 on my PC and save another playthrough for then

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Oh, yeah, I got both of those. I passed the Volition check, but haven't attempted the Drama one yet, thanks! My Drama is terrible.

Afterwards you should eventually get an interaction at the end of the conversation in which you're offered an unmissable, binary choice of Arrest or Don't. You can't change your mind on this, if you pick Arrest she's arrested on the spot and if you pick Don't then the option never comes up again. A lot of people make the mistake of picking Don't and assuming they'll be able to turn around and arrest her later. You can't. No matter how much you talk to her afterward, it never comes up again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Like Volition says, mercy is rarely a mistake. She may have been involved with the victim and be a huge liar, but she didn't have anything else to do with the murder. Why arrest her?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

wiegieman posted:

Like Volition says, mercy is rarely a mistake. She may have been involved with the victim and be a huge liar, but she didn't have anything else to do with the murder. Why arrest her?

because of the crimes

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

wiegieman posted:

Because it's possible (also I am the LAW) and I got a little bit suspicious that I might be running into a bug that locked me out, but the above answers cleared that up.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Can anyone spoil what happens in the new vision quests? I can't find anything online :/

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

scaterry posted:

Can anyone spoil what happens in the new vision quests? I can't find anything online :/

It's still only been out for a couple of days, so might take a little while to get detailed writetups. The fascism one was spoiled on the last page or so I think. I might very well do the ultraliberal one later today as it seems like that's where I'm going with this run, so I'll try to remember to take some screenshots and post a few details when I get to that.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
In an ideal world arresting Klassje is probably the "right" thing to do so she can be held accountable for whatever she did do, but just like real life, DE's criminal justice/penal system is probably hosed to poo poo and as much as her lies throw off HdB's radar, the part where she fears for her life should she be arrested feels genuine. I started the conversation ready to to arrest but ultimately felt like she didn't deserve to die for what she did. Like most things in DE, I think the situation is well-crafted in that you never really know how much of what she's telling you is real and both courses of action you can take don't necessarily leave you with a squeaky clean conscience

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Randarkman posted:

It's still only been out for a couple of days, so might take a little while to get detailed writetups. The fascism one was spoiled on the last page or so I think. I might very well do the ultraliberal one later today as it seems like that's where I'm going with this run, so I'll try to remember to take some screenshots and post a few details when I get to that.

:D Thanks, that's highly appreciated.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

rideANDxORdie posted:

In an ideal world arresting Klassje is probably the "right" thing to do so she can be held accountable for whatever she did do, but just like real life, DE's criminal justice/penal system is probably hosed to poo poo and as much as her lies throw off HdB's radar, the part where she fears for her life should she be arrested feels genuine. I started the conversation ready to to arrest but ultimately felt like she didn't deserve to die for what she did. Like most things in DE, I think the situation is well-crafted in that you never really know how much of what she's telling you is real and both courses of action you can take don't necessarily leave you with a squeaky clean conscience

I’m of two minds there. Klaasje is the type that is absolutely going to, undoubtedly has, and was in the process of attempting to destroy unrelated lives to save her own. Ruby for example. She is gonna keep doing it. As sympathetic as she is, there’s a utilitarian case to be made that her being an enemy of international capital does not make her a friend of anyone else.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

scaterry posted:

I can do my best for the Communism one, as I'm like 99% sure it was the vision quest. It wasn't as wild as what I read about the fascism one upthread, but it has some interesting stuff. Also note it's been like 2 days since I did it and it was a lot of reading so some of the details are fuzzy.

Eventually, if you're really all in on Communism, you unlock a task that requires you to sniff out Communism. Literally, you have to make Perception checks to smell if Communism is nearby. This eventually leads you to a secret bookclub in the Apartments, where 2 dudes literally just read Communist theory and have driven out all the other members who wanted to read something else or broaden their horizons. They give you a book on Infra-Materialism, which if you read and start prescribing to, like I did, you can go back another day after 9pm and discuss it and show your revelations to them about it.

The thing is, Infra-Materialism is the belief that if enough people start believing in Communism, it will change the world and force Communism into reality without anything really needing to be put into practice. Literally just believing in it will change the world, requiring no actual loving effort. So anyway, I decided to go all in on this and discussed it with the two book club members, which resulted in us making a tower of matchstick boxes that we believed would stand tall without support simply through the power of belief. It collapsed 30 seconds later, but hey, it stood on its own for a bit.

It really ultimately felt like a takedown of people who subscribe to Communist ideology but don't want to put any effort into putting it into practice, as well as gatekeeping it from people who aren't reading enough or the "correct" theory.

I ended up just telling them they should let people into their club and let them read whatever they want and stop gatekeeping so loving much.

Of course, this is just how I went about it. I passed some checks because I was specced just right for it, so it might be a bit different for others.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

drat, that's actually really funny. Also I've got some relatives who are a little bit like that.

scaterry posted:

:D Thanks, that's highly appreciated.

Now... if I can just get past the game soft locking on meeting the Pigs.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Has anyone written analysis of the themes and messages of DE? It's staggeringly dense with views on a wide variety of subjects, but with the way dialogue trees change based on your build, it seems just a slice is available via any given playthrough.

On top of that, the way the game is designed is also saying something. The text often gives you no correct option in a conversation, or forces you to choose between two or more unpalatable lines of thought, very different than the older style of point/click adventures it draws from.

All this creates a game that feels like it's ripe for discussion (like this thread) and analysis--has anyone found a good example of the latter?