Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Hit the Day 3 progress bug on PS5. I’m not penalized if I load up an older save and do other stuff instead, right? Figure I’ll come back to where there’s the bug after the patch comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I finally got my girlfriend to play this and her Harry is attempting to be professional while being honest and respectful about his mental health issues.

My heart broke a little when she didn't even try to run away from Garte.
Boring Cop is a copotype for a reason. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
on klaasje chat, i could have sworn there was a third option: cite her and tell her to report to the station on her own recognizance, in the full knowledge that she'll flee and the optimistic hope that if Revachol ever throws off the Moralintern she'll come back

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

GreyjoyBastard posted:

on klaasje chat, i could have sworn there was a third option: cite her and tell her to report to the station on her own recognizance, in the full knowledge that she'll flee and the optimistic hope that if Revachol ever throws off the Moralintern she'll come back

There is, did it just yesterday. You have to go ahead with "I'm going to arrest you" lines until you can ask her if she sees any other options, then she'll suggest it herself. Something like that. Seems to me the best way to go with it, harrier still gets to be a cop, won't have to indirectly kill someone, and klaasje doesn't get assassinated for some industrial espionage.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Having finished my first playthrough after a day 1 restart, I just realized both answers I got from the corpse were correct. Love and Communism both killed him!

Also having 6 Physique made the end-game revelation that Harry was a former gym teacher a mindblowing moment to Kim, "That explains so much... the inexplicable bicep girth, your ability to jog across the island and back nonstop, even your ignorance of what homosexuality was!", magnificent!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Finally "finished" my "rear end in a top hat" playthrough. It felt pretty bad but I managed to get the Fash and Ultraliberal achievements during the second day, I was really scrambling to find people to be a dick to. The worst though, even with being horrible to Kim and letting Measurehead talk me into poo poo was not telling Plaisance to gently caress up and let her kid come in out of the cold. She's right on the corner of lovely exploitative parent and crystal mom and I fuckin hate her

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Doing a 1/1/5/5 fash cop run. Two observations:

1) It's kind of scary how much faster you progress through the game this way. I managed to get the body down (by shooting it), get in the harbor (stole the ID) and talked to Evrart and I'm hardly past half of day 1.
2) It's hilarious to hear Lenval Brown pronounce the umlauts that Endurance puts in his Fascism speech.
3) (Female Voice) REVACHOL FOREVER That kind of creeped me out.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 5, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Did they fix the part where Kim still comments on you running everywhere, even if you make sure to walk all the time?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've got a question about the armor gauntlets. Appearantly I forgot to get the serial number, and can't get more information on the guy, or find the gauntlets since I can't take the find more armor pieces tast. Is there any way to get the serial or name after you send the boots away?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Son of Rodney posted:

I've got a question about the armor gauntlets. Appearantly I forgot to get the serial number, and can't get more information on the guy, or find the gauntlets since I can't take the find more armor pieces tast. Is there any way to get the serial or name after you send the boots away?

You seem to be asking two questions.

topic The gauntlets answer Speak to Cuno about the armour, then speak to Call me Manana, then speak to Cindy the Skull. The task you pick should not stop you finding all 4 four pieces

topic serial number answer Can only be found while looking at the boots on the hanging corpse if you have high enough passive checks, IIRC. Could be wrong.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tylana posted:

You seem to be asking two questions.

topic The gauntlets answer Speak to Cuno about the armour, then speak to Call me Manana, then speak to Cindy the Skull. The task you pick should not stop you finding all 4 four pieces

topic serial number answer Can only be found while looking at the boots on the hanging corpse if you have high enough passive checks, IIRC. Could be wrong.

I did speak to cuno and manana, cindy doesn't offer any choices about it though. I think it might be bugged. About the serial number, I assumed it was connected, but maybe not. Shame though, I can't seem to progress

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Hmm. I guess whenever I took the task to find one, the first one I found was the one you are looking for. So maybe just RIP you.

Neither are terribly essential or exciting bits of content though, so don't worry.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
drat, anti-object task force seems to be bugged and deals damage rather than heals it. This really cramps my style.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PSA: Remember to remove all tools from your hands before singing karaoke.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bifauxnen posted:

PSA: Remember to remove all tools from your hands before singing karaoke.

Except a beatbox

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I am the law

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, hardcore mode, yay or nay?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

disclaimer: idk if anything about hardcore mode changed in the final cut. but it's not super different. by the end of the game the extra xp makes it essentially like a normal playthrough. the first few days will be trickier and encourage you to take drugs, and it gets an achievement, but it's not like a super special important mode for the true ending

only on the afternoon of day 2 so far in my leisurely replay. apocalypse cop, big on fys, has turned to hoarding ultraliberalism as a coping mechanism. savior faire really wants me to ask siileng about net worth but I assume that's scripting from the vision quest getting ahead of itself

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Looks like I needed a minimum of 4 in Authority to actually get some of these Honour points to register.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Starting out is a little rough because there's less medicine and money lying around. Eventually you will pick up enough to make it through. Wompty Dompty Dom Centre is really powerful and basically alleviates any money issues you'd have but you can't get it until day 3. You get extra XP, but the checks are all harder, so I've been using more drugs than I ever did in my core runs. I've had savescumming at a bare minimum and it's not too hard to just roll with the failures most of the time. On day 4 now and healing and money aren't really an issue now.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
hardcore doesn't make a huge difference in my experience, especially if you've already played through once and know what to expect

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Very tempted to just blow off talking to the rear end in a top hat cop coworkers that show up in the hostel on day 3+, is there any consequence to doing that?

This is like my 3rd playthrough.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You get anodic dance music on the main menu. I finished it fine, though I was an ultraliberal which helped. Though I didn't actually go very far down that rabbithole until day 3 or something. I also did ALOT of speed.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Very tempted to just blow off talking to the rear end in a top hat cop coworkers that show up in the hostel on day 3+, is there any consequence to doing that?

This is like my 3rd playthrough.

It might truncate the ending sequence a bit by cutting off the part where you realize the guy was your partner, but that's all I can really think of.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ending state of my first final cut run.

In the thought cabinet I meant to replace the ceramic armor thought with homo-sexual underground, but unfortunately I just straight up forgot. Is obsessing over your sexuality tied to having high physique and related stats? Because I can't really recall that happening much in my first run where I had very poor physical stats.

I also disagree with Kim about Superstar Cop being and odd fit with being a hustler/ultraliberal/money engineer. I think the fit was perfect, Super Star Cop + Art Cop + the ultraliberal vision quest had a lot of delusional hobo energy for me. Too bad I opted out of hobocop by mistake early on and took the other one (and rolled with it, because I was hobocop the first time), even though the bonus +1 PSY from speed turned out to be useful.

I forgot to take a picture of the journal for the cop stats but it was something like Superstar Cop 15 and all the others at like 4 or below, Communist ~10, fascist and moralist ~5, Ultraliberal ~20.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 5, 2021

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tylana posted:

Hmm. I guess whenever I took the task to find one, the first one I found was the one you are looking for. So maybe just RIP you.

Neither are terribly essential or exciting bits of content though, so don't worry.

Hm, too bad. I know, I already did a few playthroughs, I just never had this problem.

Another question to the people who finished the communist vision quest: is there a way to finish the matchbox tower without it collapsing? I have pretty okay stats and relatively high communism levels, but I guess it wasn't enough. Or is it impossible?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

man this game is broken as hell on PS4. car glitch in day 3, church frozen, voices dropping out everywhere, crashes to the home screen, long spans of time where a thought catalog update just won’t trigger and the game won’t allow you to save and won’t auto save, interminably long load times moving from area to area, sound stuttering, the UI straight up not responding more than half the time. i know it’s a small indie studio, but it’s kind of mind boggling an updated port of a game that came out like two years ago would release in this state, and that basically none of the reviews commented on it.

it really speaks to how compelling and loving good the underlying game is that I’ve kept pressing on and enjoying myself, it’s definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played, looking past the state it’s in. looking forward to whenever that patch actually comes out so I can get my loving badge back

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Welp, I'm at the end of Day 2 and no money to pay for the room. I wasn't spending it on anything other than meds to heal myself after failing to jump off that goddamn roof and only collected 8 real in total. Is there anybody that I can mooch the money from or something, or some hidden treasure? Or am I screwed? :ohdear:

One possibility I thought of is reloading until I can get these skill checks to get to the harbour but I have no guarantee I'll find anything there and besides I'm not sure if I'll manage to do it before Garte's deadline anyway. And also I don't really want to do this if there's another option

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

macabresca posted:

Welp, I'm at the end of Day 2 and no money to pay for the room. I wasn't spending it on anything other than meds to heal myself after failing to jump off that goddamn roof and only collected 8 real in total. Is there anybody that I can mooch the money from or something, or some hidden treasure? Or am I screwed? :ohdear:

One possibility I thought of is reloading until I can get these skill checks to get to the harbour but I have no guarantee I'll find anything there and besides I'm not sure if I'll manage to do it before Garte's deadline anyway. And also I don't really want to do this if there's another option

Have you talked to Evrart?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
I have to say I was a *little* disappointed that there was still no way to open the one more door. Hearing about a new area in the game got my hopes up there.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

macabresca posted:

Consider chatting with the woman on the boat, or with Evrart, or start recycling cans/bottles using a bag from the Frittte and selling items at the pawn shop.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

DoctorTristan posted:

I have to say I was a *little* disappointed that there was still no way to open the one more door. Hearing about a new area in the game got my hopes up there.

And yet, your disappointment further reinforces the Lesson of That door.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow, the Final Cut actually removed the broken window Visual Calculus scene? That's good, because I had a lot of problems with it. Specifically because it let's you solve the mystery too fast and then you have to dick around for two days before you get to actually do anything about it.

Good on them for patching that up.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 5, 2021

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Randarkman posted:

Have you talked to Evrart?

Brosnan posted:

Consider chatting with the woman on the boat, or with Evrart, or start recycling cans/bottles using a bag from the Frittte and selling items at the pawn shop.

I've already talked to Joyce she paid for my first debt and I didn't see the option to ask her for more. Evrart is in the harbour, right? I guess I'll be just reloading until the dice roll right because I don't see any other way to get there now. Selling bottles and items wouldn't give me enough unfortunately. I was trying to be a good hobo, collecting bottles and saving money but alas, it wasn't enough

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

macabresca posted:

I've already talked to Joyce she paid for my first debt and I didn't see the option to ask her for more. Evrart is in the harbour, right? I guess I'll be just reloading until the dice roll right because I don't see any other way to get there now. Selling bottles and items wouldn't give me enough unfortunately. I was trying to be a good hobo, collecting bottles and saving money but alas, it wasn't enough

Pawn shop is open, you can sell everything you own there if you've been puttering around gathering and taking things in

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
IIRC there's really only a handful of items that you miss out on stuff by selling*. You can sell the postcards with no hesitation.

*And none of it's vital, so do what you need to do hobo-buddy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Wow, the Final Cut actually removed the broken window Visual Calculus scene? That's good, because I had a lot of problems with it. Specifically because it let's you solve the mystery too fast and then you have to dick around for two days before you get to actually do anything about it.

Good on them for patching that up.

It isn't removed, it just requires a passive check from a yellow skill to be interactable. It confused me as well since I'm doing a 1 motorics playthrough for final cut. Similarly you also can't do the footprint analysis at the crime scene. It's actually a little goofy that so much visual calculus stuff is apparently gated behind yellow skills

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

It isn't removed, it just requires a passive check from a yellow skill to be interactable. It confused me as well since I'm doing a 1 motorics playthrough for final cut. Similarly you also can't do the footprint analysis at the crime scene. It's actually a little goofy that so much visual calculus stuff is apparently gated behind yellow skills

Yeah that confused me.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Can't do the Sherlock Holmes poo poo if you can't even notice stuff, and Kim is blind as a bat.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there's a lot of thoughts that buff perception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I get a perception check telling me I can't concentrate because I can feel the broken window below me. I guess it's to avoid the pre-Final Cut scenario where you could do it early but then it doesn't go anywhere until the end of the game.