Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

With the Hawkeye show, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the dog getting thrown into oncoming traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gavok posted:

With the Hawkeye show, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the dog getting thrown into oncoming traffic.

:stonklol:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

what

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

You know after watching the Honest Trailer for Wandavision, did Wanda even have an arc? Did she learn anything she didn't know before, other than she's powerful as hell. The whole grief thing, was that satisfactorily resolved?

I can't remember that happening, and that's a shame.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Shageletic posted:

You know after watching the Honest Trailer for Wandavision, did Wanda even have an arc? Did she learn anything she didn't know before, other than she's powerful as hell. The whole grief thing, was that satisfactorily resolved?

"What did we learn, Wanda?"

"I guess we learned not to do it again."

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Wanda learns that she should probably not torture people, even though they'll never respect and thank her for stopping torturing them.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Well she came to understand that she is more powerful than she thought and is now training to learn how to control it with the Darkhold. So basically trauma > magic. Pretty much Stephen Strange's arc in the first half of Doctor Strange I guess.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The end result of WandaVision is that Wanda knows who she is now (Scarlet Witch), she's moved to a grey area of morality and has a utility to learn about and control her powers (Darkhold), Monica has superpowers now (Photon/Spectrum), and Vision is alive again (White Vision). Those are all pretty big story beats for the overall MCU.

Also Darcy and Jimmy are buds now, which I hope comes back in some fashion.

cyclical posted:

I don't care about She-Hulk as a character but Tatiana Maslany is an absolute marvel (haha!) so I'll definitely watch that. She was incredible on Orphan Black as... well, everyone.
The thing that really amazed me about her performance is when she was one clone pretending to be another clone, and you could tell because her mannerisms were off. It takes talent to play a dozen characters distinctly, but it takes immense talent to play that many characters SO distinctly that you can easily spot when one of them is trying to emulate another. I'm not sure how they could capture that sort of ability in a She-Hulk series, but I guess technically she'll be playing at least two versions of herself.

Loki looks crazy fun. Does anyone have any idea how many episodes it'll be? I'm hoping it'll be more WV length rather than FATWS length.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She presumably has some kind of change in her grief and acceptance. She goes from being so heartbroken and lonely in losing Vision that her grief involuntarily creates the hex and voluntarily allows her to justify keeping it going despite her obvious moral dilemma. By the end she's at least able to let go of Vision for the greater good.

Granted she did that once already when she killed him the first time but presumably it should work out better this time unless she goes full on super villain. In which case I guess THAT would be her development.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

sticklefifer posted:

Loki looks crazy fun. Does anyone have any idea how many episodes it'll be? I'm hoping it'll be more WV length rather than FATWS length.

Wikipedia says 6 episodes.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Loki is also getting a second season

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The dog is fine (although he loses an eye). It's his superhero origin story.

The details: He's owned by the Tracksuit Mafia, who abuse him. He eventually turns on them at the right moment to give Clint the upper hand in a fight, but one of the baddies tosses him into an oncoming car. He makes it and is adopted by Clint, who he helps keep out of trouble.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The issue of Hawkguy that is told from the perspective of Pizza Dog, where all dialogue is icons inside of thought balloons could be a really fun episode.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
So does Hawkeye's wife leave him after finding out he became a psychopath when she was snapped?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

live with fruit posted:

So does Hawkeye's wife leave him after finding out he became a psychopath when she was snapped?

Or Clint is on the run from some organized crime ring that he murdered during the snap who just had their ranks doubled when everyone reappeared.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just inject that Loki trailer material right into my veins. That’s the MCU stuff I needed after Wandavision.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Jennifer Lawrence only did the last few X-Men movies because they let her wear that terrible looking blue leotard instead of doing makeup.

To be fair, the idea that Mystique has to run around naked all the time is pretty dumb. It both looks bad, and it forces the actor to spend hours in the makeup chair for no reason.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Oasx posted:

To be fair, the idea that Mystique has to run around naked all the time is pretty dumb. It both looks bad, and it forces the actor to spend hours in the makeup chair for no reason.

And it originates with noted sex criminal Bryan Singer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

live with fruit posted:

I remember him saying back in the first X-men movie "how do get away with having a beautiful woman naked in a pg movie? paint her blue!"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I wonder what plot element Loki is gonna have that will convince half the internet that it will finally be the series that absolutely definitively introduces mutants into the MCU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Loki is going to have 5 really cool episodes followed by a finale where he just shoots green lasers at someone

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Loki is going to have 5 really cool episodes followed by a finale where he just shoots green lasers at someone

So six really cool episodes

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Collapsing Farts posted:

The lasers symbolize grief.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Argue posted:

I wonder what plot element Loki is gonna have that will convince half the internet that it will finally be the series that absolutely definitively introduces mutants into the MCU

Wellll Gugu Mbatha-Raw character's name is Renslayer, who in the comics is a love interest of Kang the Conqueror, so this is basically already a Fantastic 4 show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

live with fruit posted:

I thought Singer had no interest in women? Or, you know, legal adults.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Argue posted:

Sirs Stewart and McKellen will have small roles, but as bit-bureaucrats for the TVA, not as Charles and Erik? :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Argue posted:

I'm more curious how they're going to do Ms. Marvel, because her comics origin is basically alien mutant i.e. Inhuman. Only it's even more complicated, because she's a human whose power is activated through alien mists. So human alien mutant. Will they use her show to introduce mutants, making her one of the first mutants in the MCU? Are they gonna try and use her show to explain this other type of mutation before the actual mutants show up? Or are they just gonna gently caress her comics origin in the bin and do something completely different, by making her a science experiment gone wrong ala Spiderman, someone who receives alien powers ala Carol Danvers etc? I could see the show tying her to the Skrulls too, given her shape-shifting powers and using that to explore the Skrulls as people who have settled on Earth to some degree before Secret Invasion goes all in on the Skrull stuff next year, for example.

I've also heard the theory that The Eternals is what'll introduce mutants to the MCU, since the Eternals themselves are kind of mutant humans created through experimentation by the Celestials and their existence ties in to mutants and is what created the genetic conditions that allowed for such varied mutation in humans.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

tsob posted:

I'm more curious how they're going to do Ms. Marvel, because her comics origin is basically alien mutant i.e. Inhuman. Only it's even more complicated, because she's a human whose power is activated through alien mists. So human alien mutant. Will they use her show to introduce mutants, making her one of the first mutants in the MCU? Are they gonna try and use her show to explain this other type of mutation before the actual mutants show up? Or are they just gonna gently caress her comics origin in the bin and do something completely different, by making her a science experiment gone wrong ala Spiderman, someone who receives alien powers ala Carol Danvers etc? I could see the show tying her to the Skrulls too, given her shape-shifting powers and using that to explore the Skrulls as people who have settled on Earth to some degree before Secret Invasion goes all in on the Skrull stuff next year, for example.

I've also heard the theory that The Eternals is what'll introduce mutants to the MCU, since the Eternals themselves are kind of mutant humans created through experimentation by the Celestials and their existence ties in to mutants and is what created the genetic conditions that allowed for such varied mutation in humans.

Someone didn't get far into Agents of SHIELD.

(It's a good show, check it out)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Maybe she lives in Westview.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Oasx posted:

It wasn't the X-men jump suit.

During her "nude" scenes in the first few movies, they used textured full-body makeup like they did in the original movies. In the last few movies, they cut almost all of it out and just had her wear a smooth blue leotard with no texturing and added CGI.

They also dramatically cut down on her face makeup and practical effects as time went on.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Open Source Idiom posted:

I didn't get any in to Agents of SHIELD. That said, I'm aware the Inhumans is a thing that Agents of SHIELD introduced, and then spun off into it's own show. I'm also aware it's not a thing many people watched or cared about, and that even Agents of SHIELD is probably not actually canon to the MCU regardless of any references the show has to the MCU. As such it's highly likely that the MCU will explain any concepts that Agents of SHIELD used if they introduce them, because they cannot just presume that everyone seeing the show has seen Agents of SHIELD or read the comics the characters appear in.

tsob fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 6, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Inhumans tv show wasn't REALLY a spinoff of the Agents of SHIELD. The Inhumans between them had next to nothing in common. I think they make a passing reference to the SHIELD stuff in the same way SHIELD made references to the MCU events.

But also, yeah, in Agents of SHIELD there's been random humans transforming into inhumans for years and its been a huge thing and that's never once been referenced in the greater MCU. So IF that's gonna be made the canon reason for Ms Marvel the show's gonna have to do some work to introduce it and retcon it in a little.

That's my personal hope. I'd love nothing more to see Chloe Bennett when I turn that show on. But I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand I also have no idea what the more likely explanation would be so whelp. We'll see.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Just make her a mutant in MCU. Way easier to explain without magic gas nonsense.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

List of people who are definitely going to become mutants:
- All of the blipped people
- Everyone in Westview
- Everyone who takes the Power Broker serum
- Everyone time-god Loki interacts with
- The racist banker

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

stev posted:

List of people who are definitely going to become mutants:
- All of the blipped people
- Everyone in Westview
- Everyone who takes the Power Broker serum
- Everyone time-god Loki interacts with
- The racist banker

Not the boat!?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The teller doesn't like boats.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

This is a trap OP

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

The big fifth episode reveal is that the boat is actually Namor.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

live with fruit posted:

The big fifth episode reveal is that the boat is actually Namor.

Namor is actually a Skrull in disguise and the fifth episode reveal is that all Skrull are actually boats in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The boat is mystique, that's how they're introducing mutants