Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i hacked my wiiu today to play some DS games on the TV and its always a cool feeling when you successfully modify an old console and suddenly its just displaying prompts and running sploits. my favorite was doing the stupid disc trick on saturn to time it juuuust right to like, flash a different OS onto an action replay. the people who figure these tricks out are cool

Now you can play the uncensored version of Tokyo mirage sessions (vagina bone edition)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

i hacked my wiiu today to play some DS games on the TV and its always a cool feeling when you successfully modify an old console and suddenly its just displaying prompts and running sploits. my favorite was doing the stupid disc trick on saturn to time it juuuust right to like, flash a different OS onto an action replay. the people who figure these tricks out are cool

Play Order of Ecclesia on your TV man it's badass as hell. I hacked my Wii u for the same reason lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play the DQ4/5/6 remakes again first and then go from there, but that's definitely on the list

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

elf help book posted:

haha yeah man who would leave in a big huff and then try to act normal coming back

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

that's sweet as hell

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Play Order of Ecclesia on your TV man it's badass as hell. I hacked my Wii u for the same reason lol.

the ds castlevanias are god tier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Order is the only one I haven’t beaten yet. I gotta get back on that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pac-Man 99

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1379602342744571906

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Is this one time limited like Mario 35?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

:hmmyes:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

hell yea

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

There's a lot going on there. I will try it, then go back to losing in Tetris 99

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Caithness posted:

Is this one time limited like Mario 35?

It has DLC, so no

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

thank you namco

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
oh gently caress yeah its kinda like cedx+

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Order is the only one I haven’t beaten yet. I gotta get back on that

Order is the only one that I actually took the time to beat all the extra modes. The lvl1 hard mode seemed like it was just needlessly difficult at first, until I realized that it kinda turned every room into a puzzle. That game loving rules.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

Order is the only one that I actually took the time to beat all the extra modes. The lvl1 hard mode seemed like it was just needlessly difficult at first, until I realized that it kinda turned every room into a puzzle. That game loving rules.

It's the best hard mode ever made. Nothing else like Ruvas Forest on level 1 hard the first time.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I got my rear end beat by Order when I got to the crab boss in the tower and I calmly set the game down and never finished it

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I got my rear end beat by Order when I got to the crab boss in the tower and I calmly set the game down and never finished it

This was my experience as well

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I love the idea of future archaeologists and archivists going through all these different laundry drawers and kitchen cupboards or whatever and finding these perfectly preserved games that radiate serenity.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Portrait of Ruin was one of my top 5 DS games probably however. 1000% and clapped the multiplayer online boss rush

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I love the idea of future archaeologists and archivists going through all these different laundry drawers and kitchen cupboards or whatever and finding these perfectly preserved games that radiate serenity.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Caithness posted:

This was my experience as well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
plsying mario galaxy on the switch collection. its nice to play it with something resembling normal controls. i dont even hate the pointer that much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

plsying mario galaxy on the switch collection. its nice to play it with something resembling normal controls. i dont even hate the pointer that much

praying to Shiggy to port over Galaxy 2 as well since i remember liking it more than 1 when i played both a decade ago

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i prefer 1. its more majestic

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
1s boring and 2 pwns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

not this again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

every time i read even entirely reasonable posts like this now, I start picturing the poster coming into the imp shelter and dramatically covering up an uncle at nintendo bite mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My friend and I were in junior high when we figured out the swap trick for the PS1 and we made this game up to see who could find the best object to always keep the lid detector pressed down and eventually I found this small pen cap nub that was the exact same diameter as the lid open circle piece, it was awesome. It was even the exact same color of the PS1. It looked completely stock, except, uh, for the fact that the PS1 lid was always open lol

E: I think my favorite hack like what In Training is describing is either the original 3ds hack using Cubic Ninja where the screen would freak out for like ten seconds flashing a million different colors and then there'd be a bunch of random Linux code on screen every time you did it. Either that or the ps4 hack where I have to go to the seizure warnings/health and safety menu every time and it loads up a fake exploit website hosted on my server instead of the intended menu lol

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 8, 2021