Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yee is very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently director Ludwig Ickert died in late 2019 but he would have still been alive when the YEE meme was at the peak of its internet popularity. He'd quit moviemaking years before, I wonder if he was aware of the meme and how he felt about his work gaining such a weird ironic popularity all of a sudden.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Lodin posted:

The Disney version also came out in 92 so this is obviously peak bootleg. That said, this song slaps compared to anything from the other movie.
https://twitter.com/EasternOoC/status/1377471554561396739?s=20

It's like Kraftwerk did a kids album, with the video made by the makers of The Samsonadzes before they had any practice animating.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Wife loves Nightmare on Elm Street series and bought a Nancy sticker.

"screro sleep"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That is magical and where did she get it?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Redbubble....so the height of bootleg

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What was it supposed to say?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

ruddiger posted:

What was it supposed to say?

Screw sleep. It's a line from the movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

rodbeard posted:

When does she say “screw sleep” in the movie? I know she says “screw your pass” when she’s running in the hallway, but don’t remember her saying “screw sleep” although I could easily be mistaken.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

rodbeard posted:

Oh! I see it now. There's a weird curlicue on the W that makes it look like some half-letter glommed onto an E.

Not great!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I haven't actually seen it in a while but someone conveniently uploaded the line to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mKtVK5MkZo

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Found this at a local Goodwill, the other week. Sat down to look it up, seems it is a (very small) clothing branding out of Memphis. Dudes facebook page was last in 2019, and the actual website doesn't exist, soooo

Kind of a boring bootleg, TBH. just adds a skull head onto mario, doesn't do much else with it.

Edit: I guess they gave Yoshi anime eyes, and a Naruto run pose.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lodin posted:

The Disney version also came out in 92 so this is obviously peak bootleg. That said, this song slaps compared to anything from the other movie.
https://twitter.com/EasternOoC/status/1377471554561396739?s=20

People often point out the terrible animation and dubbing in Dingo movies, but the stories are their own kind of batshit insane. In their second Lion King ripoff, the conflict between the Lion King and antagonist The Black Panther is about ownership of diamonds and it ends with the two enemies donating part of the diamonds to the animal preservation society. In Janice, their pig movie that appears to be ripping off Babe and Charlotte's Web without really copying either, the title character goes to a slaughterhouse and is shocked to see the graphicly-portrayed chopped-up carcass of a pig. Best of all is their Anastasia, where the title character used the standard female character model they always use but a badly-traced Don Bluth Anastasia shows up as a male character named Boris.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

People often point out the terrible animation and dubbing in Dingo movies, but the stories are their own kind of batshit insane. In their second Lion King ripoff, the conflict between the Lion King and antagonist The Black Panther is about ownership of diamonds and it ends with the two enemies donating part of the diamonds to the animal preservation society. In Janice, their pig movie that appears to be ripping off Babe and Charlotte's Web without really copying either, the title character goes to a slaughterhouse and is shocked to see the graphicly-portrayed chopped-up carcass of a pig. Best of all is their Anastasia, where the title character used the standard female character model they always use but a badly-traced Don Bluth Anastasia shows up as a male character named Boris.

Do you have a picture of the last one? I just can't imagine it.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Do you have a picture of the last one? I just can't imagine it.

vs

holy poo poo lmao

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I might add that Boris has a deep masculine voice in the English dub.

As with all Dingo movies, the DVD cover looks nothing like the actual movie except for one of the European releases, which gives us this.

Someone who saw this must wonder why there's a non-Bluth lesbian sequel to the Bluth movie.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Apr 6, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's Daria.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The MSJ posted:

Someone who saw this must wonder why there's a non-Bluth lesbian sequel to the Bluth movie.

Personally I'm wondering why there isnt one

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Non-Bluth sequels is how you get land before time 2 through 14, do you really want that?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

flavor.flv posted:

Non-Judith Barsi sequels is how you get land before time 2 through 14, do you really want that?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"Non Bluth" should have been the credited director for that movie.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I mean how much could a team of animators cost? Ten dollars?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Found this in the local candy/tobacco/betting/place where you pick up and send packages store.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Humerus posted:

Only 99¢ on Kindle!

I'm just glad the girl from the video card boxes is still finding work.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

See that is a high-effort bootleg and I would probably have a burg there

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can I get you some fries with that?

SURE YOU CAN

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Bloop posted:

SURE YOU CAN

:perfect:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

in that case, I’ll HAVE TWO-O-O THEN (points to double cheeseburger on menu with a quarter circle forward)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Bloop posted:

SURE YOU CAN

holy poo poo

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

The Bloop posted:

SURE YOU CAN

amazing :D

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Bloop posted:

SURE YOU CAN

Lmao

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That place either has absolute garbage or the greatest burgers you've ever eaten. Possibly both.

The Bloop posted:

SURE YOU CAN

:five:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
And here was me just thinking "But eating a burger off the street is from Final Fight."

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

axolotl farmer posted:

Found this in the local candy/tobacco/betting/place where you pick up and send packages store.

Creole Lady Marmalaaade!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Street Burger reminded me about this bao place here in Orlando. Before they had a permanent location they sold bao at festivals and farmers markets. This was their announcement about opening a restaurant:

Less than a week later they put this up on their instagram/facebook:

They claim the restaurant was always going to be Bao's Castle and the other was a nickname (??) even though that's what they went by before the restaurant opened. I wonder if someone from Nintendo got wind of it or if they decided not to push their luck.
There's still Bowser in the place too, a mural and a kind of statue busting out of the wall. And they host Mario Kart and Mario Party tournaments.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah but do they cook over a yoga flame! grill

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's a stretch

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

That's a stretch

And banned in Alabama!