Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Man. I took 3 or so years off of this and am trying to come back but boy, there is a LOT going on here if you have been out a while.

Does any one here play this with a controller? It's largely unneeded but the world boss fights seem like they'd be hugely easier with a controller rather than touch controls to avoid attacks. I have one and while the stick works fine I only appear to have 3 abilities actually mapped. The shoulder buttons do nothing. I don't see any sort of mapping in the settings either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I do not. Not sure I would know how.

However, Mephisto is my boss of the day, haven't cleared him before. What are the best teams for him?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

It kinda depends on who you have, but Luna Snow and Rogue do pretty well if you have them built up. Ghost Rider is a mixed bag because he's immune to the fire damage of some of Mephisto's attacks and his damage is still really good, but he's so loving slow and still needs a healing striker. For people with slower movement like Ghost Rider it's probably a good idea to throw someone on the team with good movement speed, and you can also add some movement speed strikers too. Gambit does well because he can move out of attacks while dealing damage. Sentry/Silver Surfer leads are actually pretty solid.

I don't have a whole lot of other advice off the top of my head because I'm still pretty new to fighting him since I took my time unlocking him.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

twistedmentat posted:

I looked up a video and apparently you don't bother using the barrels as distractions, you just use black widow and kill everyone. That's really, really lovely game design, giving your player instructions and then making it not actually what you need to do.
Yeah, it's a lot easier to use someone like Widow or Immortal Hulk.

I generally approve when there's a puzzle where you can't just smash everything like usual, but that one was confusing.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
You can tell I havent played for a while because what the gently caress is WB resist? It looks like it goes up if I brute force Ultimate despite getting a warning that I shouldnt. Is it just yet another gatekeeping mechanic to force peolle to slowly go through content?

I was warned not to and then kicked the poo poo out of Maw which gave me a resist of 1 and I stopped getting the warning, but is there another way to increase it besides doing what I'm told not to do?

I'll still ignore it for the bosses because my T3s aint give a poo poo about Ultimate 1 bosses but its a bit annoying that I can't find an explanation

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You just have to play WB to raise your Resist. After a fight you'll see a little bar at the bottom of the screen and when it tops out you go up a level. The higher the level you fight on the faster it goes up. They're all specific to the bosses so fighting Maw won't make it go up for Quicksilver.

If you're just doing 1 it won't matter. If you start going up it will.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

STAC Goat posted:

You just have to play WB to raise your Resist. After a fight you'll see a little bar at the bottom of the screen and when it tops out you go up a level. The higher the level you fight on the faster it goes up. They're all specific to the bosses so fighting Maw won't make it go up for Quicksilver.

If you're just doing 1 it won't matter. If you start going up it will.

Its a bummer because I was in the 20s of Ultimate and now I have to lower it down and regrind

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you have to bump down too much. I know i didn't start from 1 when the system came in. I'm up in the 60s for all the Dark Order now but I think I just went 5-10-15 etc to get the first clears and then backed up when it got hard. Like everything else you can just muscle past the warnings if you're strong enough and the wins will up your level faster than staying at your level.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Yeah, it's a lot easier to use someone like Widow or Immortal Hulk.

I generally approve when there's a puzzle where you can't just smash everything like usual, but that one was confusing.

You don't get Hulk in that, all the campaign missions force you to use crappy version of Cap, Iron Man and Widow.

In the discord someone mentioned 8-3 needs to be beaten by switching characters when the bombing happens, but when i do that, the character that was outside the hitbox runs into and dies. It's amazing how lovely the story is designed. You need so many CCF now, and Knull and Mephesto were pretty much made to get them from, but locking them behind the absolutely terrible campaign is a horrible decision.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I don't recall having to do the Story Mode to unlock Knull and Mephisto modes - I just had to clear each World Boss node 5 times to unlock Mephisto.

Of course, I haven't beaten either Knull nor Mephisto yet because it's a long drawn out pain in the rear end that I don't have the power to beat yet, somehow. Or perhaps not the patience. 80 more CCF and I can T3 Odin. Maybe that will help.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

I don't recall having to do the Story Mode to unlock Knull and Mephisto modes - I just had to clear each World Boss node 5 times to unlock Mephisto.

Of course, I haven't beaten either Knull nor Mephisto yet because it's a long drawn out pain in the rear end that I don't have the power to beat yet, somehow. Or perhaps not the patience. 80 more CCF and I can T3 Odin. Maybe that will help.

You need to beat 8-3 to unlock them, its the last task i have. I get like 30 CCF a day if i'm lucky so having something that gives them more regularly would be a huge help.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I've had knull unlocked for a monthe or two now and I have never beat him. I fight him, melt off a bunch of his health, then like five minutes into the fight he wipes my party instantaneously. I'm sure some youtube walkthrough could explain to me what I need to do but by that point I've lost all will to engage with that trash

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He has a handful of instakills at certain points in his health bar you need to know but it’s a pretty basic pattern to remember. Then once Thor shows up at 7 you have a set amount of time to kill him or he raises his sword and you lose.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've never been able to do Knull. I either die or I time out. But I also haven't really taken the time to figure it out. I just awakened Moonstar and grabbed Thor's costume so maybe I'll do some research and figure it out. But like CCF doesn't hold me up really between all the other resources. I'm always short on something so if I need CCF I just work some guys' gear up or something.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Barkhawk posted:

Post your in game name or Pm me so I don’t accidentally delete your application. (We get a lot of random pubbie applications. )

I pm'd you

I can't find "Doctor Goons" in alliance search

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

tadashi posted:

I pm'd you

I can't find "Doctor Goons" in alliance search

Thanks for your PM. I replied to you but I want to post here because I don’t understand why we are not appearing in your alliance search results.

Here is a screenshot from the alliance page. We have open spots. If we aren’t showing up, it might be due to the weekly Alliance Conquest starting today. I think they lock people out of applying during conquest to prevent cheating or something. Still, I would expect us to show up in a search result.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hope y’all been buying the 30 daily limit on those 100k chests with this event because I’m getting a bunch of 5 and the occasional 6 star cards for crafting resources.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Hope y’all been buying the 30 daily limit on those 100k chests with this event because I’m getting a bunch of 5 and the occasional 6 star cards for crafting resources.

I've gotten some CCF as well.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hot drat I crafted three blue stars in a row and with 4% pierce was hitting Knull just a little harder than before.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did anyone successfully register for the anniversary? Every time I do it from my phone it just says "check my email", but when i registered on my computer, no problem!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I did. And I won something in one of these a couple years ago. A year's worth of cool postcards with the opening screen art on one side and a bonus code only valid for a particular month spaced out over a year on the back. Gold, bio selectors, etc. Nothing too big or cool. Oh, and a way too small t-shirt and tote bag.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Well I guess I'm using my t3 selector on Iron Man unless this ends up being more of an Avengers update than an Iron Man update.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 12, 2021

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

We're getting a new Reed Richards uni

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1381804333688233984?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Theming an entire update around narcissistic super heroes becoming super villains is fun.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Mix in an Infamous Iron Man Doom costume and it’d be perfection.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

And now we're getting a Professor X uni. Hoping for a Black Panther and new Namor uni

I've been stuck at about 4 Professor X bios forever

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only bios i need are for premium characters so giving me xgenes or bio i just throw on random characters because I can't do anything useful with them.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I try for characters with uniforms or who are only available in the Shop.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I used the recent batch of X Genes to work up X23's costume. But there's only like 3 characters who that works on but aren't farmable. Its a pretty small window of people who don't fit selectors but aren't premium, but in fairness these things were huge for me back when I was still working up my roster and struggling to get bios.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I knew I was going to get 800 CCF today, and I was debating if I wanted to finish off Sentry, or T3 Ghost Rider or Venom. Well, game made the choice for me because I forgot about titan records.

Also finishing off Sentry got me Molecule Man.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Apparently the next update is supposed to have some kind of rework of the level-up costs/requirements/what have you, so I've stopped advancing anybody until we figure out if everybody is going to level more cheaply soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Apparently the next update is supposed to have some kind of rework of the level-up costs/requirements/what have you, so I've stopped advancing anybody until we figure out if everybody is going to level more cheaply soon.

It would be nice if either they increased drops of CCF or just straight up cut the cost 20%. But yea I was probably smarter getting Sentry to 70 than anything else.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

So Professor X is getting the Nightcrawler uni treatment. He's already pretty strong but it better be on the cheaper side. I think Human Torch/Invisible Woman/Thing's new uni's are minor improvements which kinda sucks. Stance changing with Mephisto looks great, and if Iron Man/Mr Fantastic aren't top tier then I might just start building him up.

Apparently they did drop a lot of hints on their livestream that the next update is going to be WandaVision at least.

Edit: Turns out the Professor X uni is a full price uni and Thing's uni gives a nice passive bonus for Fantastic Four allies. It looks like they also change the leadership of Human Torch and Invisible Woman, and Invisible Woman is going to have an all allies Passive that gives Invisibility/Ignore Targeting. I'm glad they keep adding new PvP things to keep it fresh, even if it is the game mode I care least about. A lot of unis are going on sale for gold, but I'm not sure which ones are actually still worth getting besides Ancient One/Groot. I'll definitely grab most of them to make Shadowland easier. All of the new uni's look like they're going to be 50% off too.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 20, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its always worth grabbing the costumes for gold just because they're cheap and they might unlock bonuses on costumes you do care about.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally got past level 35 on Shadowland and the result is...sort of underwhelming? I'm glad to get a mode where I can just play as much as I want if I'm feeling braindead but this seems kinda dull.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sometimes you can get a 5 star card out of a shadowland chest.

I got up to floor 90, never again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's some first clear rewards but like you get one thrill of seeing how high you can go and then... its over. Now I just play it when I'm bored enough and forget all the other game modes I ignore or forgot existed.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I play it when I remember how much I need BAM, which is all the time.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I probably wouldn't put as much effort into shadowland if it wasn't for the cards. I wasn't trying to really push last time, but I got up to 109 and these gold unis will hopefully let me hit 110 for that mega t2 ticket. I can't believe how much the rewards after that suck though til 130-135. They really thought 115 is worth an ISO, 120 is worth 150 bios, and 125 is worth phoenix feathers lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I hope that new dispatch mode is solid for the dimension stuff you need to level up gears to 25. I've got thousands of ccf but I can't even use it.